New Created Card Game *Looking for New Members*

FF Fan

[quote name='LiquidDJ11' timestamp='1336536321' post='5935502']
Awesome, i am a bit confused on what format, but will written cards be ok, or...
Here is a example.

Evolved Form Rupert:
Beast, DARK ****
Effect: When this card is changed from ATK position to DEF position by a card effect, your opponent cannot Normal Summon any monsters until his next turn.
ATK 1400 DEF 1500

Now, my OGC is probably bad, (i havent been on in awhile, jeez.) But i hope this is ok. The pics are going to be hard. i am not artistic, so i might need some help designing the card pics. :(
[/quote]

The first post has the set-ups for how to transform your cards into the format we play with. The pics, if you have them already just get out MSPaint and shrink/crop them into a 40x40 size, then either convert externally with a site like iaza.com or Save As a GIF (lowers picture quality in Paint). You could, alternatively, download GIMP, but since it isn't in a .zip format you probably can't install it.

Oh, speaking of which, I found a [url="http://xerocreative.com/downloads/YVD_9_1.zip"].zip file for YVD[/url] on Xerocreative. When you get it, you'll have to extract everything to a new folder, plus get our yvd.set from the first page to replace the one in there.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='~FoRwArD~' timestamp='1336537084' post='5935508']
WOW! okay what's the next thing to do?
[/quote]

Well, now I suppose we wait a bit for FF Fan to take a last look over them. Until then, you can download the files found in the links on the first post. Those files contain the programs and scripts we use to duel, and all need to be kept together in the same folder.

!!!

And I found a goof in the Fusion monster of mine. It's supposed to be a fusion between two so you could choose between "2-Star Guardian", "5-Star Summoner", or "8-Star Dishogun" to be a part of the fusion and one Dragon Type monster to go with them. I don't know if that'd work.

Nu-Mou cards look fine except that any card that says Tuner you need to add the /effect to it also or it would come out as a normal in the program. One card you mistyped and left out the T in tuner.

Jewel are you saying for the fusion you can choose between "2-Star Guardian" + "5-Star Summoner" and "8-Star Dishogun" + a Dragon

or are you saying you can replace 1 of the 2 or 5 for the 8 and still include the dragon? It'll be kind of difficult to word that on the card.

[quote name='FF Fan' timestamp='1336576494' post='5935696']
Nu-Mou cards look fine except that any card that says Tuner you need to add the /effect to it also or it would come out as a normal in the program. One card you mistyped and left out the T in tuner.

Jewel are you saying for the fusion you can choose between "2-Star Guardian" + "5-Star Summoner" and "8-Star Dishogun" + a Dragon

or are you saying you can replace 1 of the 2 or 5 for the 8 and still include the dragon? It'll be kind of difficult to word that on the card.
[/quote]

If it's either 2-Star, 5-Star, or 8-Star, and then a Dragon, it could be " "2-Star Guardian" or "5-Star Summoner" or "8-Star Dishogun" + 1 Dragon-Type monster". Fixing up the Tuner problems.

@Jewelwriter: I noticed that you, too, have no Tuners (except L-1-Star Helmet, but then its effect wouldn't affect anything) in the set. Is that your intention, or did you forget like FoRwArD did?

[quote name='LiquidDJ11' timestamp='1336605832' post='5935912']
Ok Nu, i downloaded the zip, and i got the files. i moved them to a new folder, but how do i open the game itself. I am on a mac, by the way.
[/quote]

Ohh..sorry, YVD doesn't work on Macs. I put together a .zip of [url='http://www.mediafire.com/?t0rb40f56td4tkk']another program[/url] that's practically the same as YVD called JustDuel, so if it works on Macs, then you can play through that. If it doesn't, you'll have to wait until YVD 10 comes out, which I hear they're making Mac-compatible.

Btw FF, if you want you can grab that program too. To be a little more legitimate though, you may want to take the .msi from [url='http://www.justduel.com/?page=viewdl&id=8']the official page[/url].

Corrected All-Star Dragon.

If anyone wants to play today I'll be available. Once you open up the program I recommend going to the Settings to change your username. When you want to duel someone press the duel button then press connect server duel. Put in your username and password and then enter the name of the player you want to duel and hit connect again.

My username is Redman. Just pm me when you're ready.

[quote name='~FoRwArD~' timestamp='1337132646' post='5940227']
Will i find every-thing there like my deck, and username?
[/quote]
You are able to find your cards in a list of every card, and create your Deck from there. There is, however, a search where you can search every card name, and an advanced search where you can select a card set or look for something in the effects. Yours is called FRWRD, so you can select it from the drop-down box to see all of your cards. In the settings (you can access it from the top left of the window) you will be able to type your username over "Newbie". Newbie is the default name.

If any of you guys would like to test and/or play today, feel free to PM me. I'd prefer if the opponent would make up the Deck to be tested, as I'm trying to check for Mega Robot issues, as well as fixes to make Bass.dek better.

Notes about the set:

Mega Man is missing. Might as well take this opportunity to make his effect a bit more usable:

|Mega Man|000|MMZ|Machine/Effect|7||2700|1600|If this card is Summoned while "Dr. Light's Laboratory" is face-up on the field, draw 1 card. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can pay 400 Life Points to add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand OR 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.|
Apparently, he is in the file, but YVD isn't reading him. Just like what happened with the Anons.

If you could, I believe I asked to change Spark Man to not completely lock down defenses. His last effect should only prevent the Setting of S&Ts.

Oh man I just noticed the just dueling program you posted earlier Nu-mou sorry for not seeing it before, but I downloaded it and opened it up and it has support for XYZ. I might consider replacing our YVD with it. Just need to test it out against someone. Do they have their own image pack like xerocreative?

[quote name='FF Fan' timestamp='1337374391' post='5942029']
Oh man I just noticed the just dueling program you posted earlier Nu-mou sorry for not seeing it before, but I downloaded it and opened it up and it has support for XYZ. I might consider replacing our YVD with it. Just need to test it out against someone. Do they have their own image pack like xerocreative?
[/quote]

I don't believe so, but it does seem to have the TCG updater that YVD does. Apparently Guybrush Threepwood made it, so everything is really YVD with a new skin. That means Image Pack would really be XCG's, so you can just c/p the whole folder over. Same with the .set, but rename it jd.

Tonight, we tested a couple of Decks. I tried on a new Bass.EXE Deck, and it seems rather hit-and-miss. FF commented that Bass is rather OverPowered, which I can see. I believe we agreed on lowering his immunity, and taking out his effect which raises his own ATK by destroying a monster. If I may add, though, if we are going to remove that, I'd like to increase the gain Dark Arm Blade gives Bass. It's an Equip Spell you have to sit on, and only gives him 100 extra ATK for each DARK. Maybe up it to 200 for each, and give something like Trap immunity if I have a certain number of DARK/Fiends in the Grave, like 4?

The Pluto Knights were doing well, but I was thinking that, perhaps, you should have to discard to use Stiener's tutoring effect if you already have 2 other Knights. To do so without cost -- besides the other Pluto Knight, but with his new self-Summoning effect that isn't at all a problem -- is a little too much. At least an LP cost would be nice.

Mega Man Robots seem alright. I made up a general Robot Deck that seems fairly good, but it still needs some polishing. Winds may need a low-level power-hitter, but that remains to be seen.

I'd also like to add that Mega Man still doesn't show up for me. Do you know what caused it last time?

This is the new Bass.EXE:

|Bass.EXE|0|MMZ|Warrior/NetNavi/Effect|Earth|8||2900|2400|This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Dr. Cossak" or by Tributing 2 Level 7 or higher NetNavi monsters. This card's Attribute is also treated as a DARK and LIGHT. This card's Type is also treated as Fiend. This card loses 200 ATK for each monster you control, except this card. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects or removed from the field when it is Summoned. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to destroy all Level 3 or lower monsters on the field. This card cannot be equipped with a "Battle Chip" Equip Spell Card unless you control a NetOp monster. You can only control 1 "Bass.EXE".|

And, should you okay it, this is the new DAB:

|Dark Arm Blade|0|MMZ|Spell Card|Spell||Equip|||This card can only be equipped to a monster with "Bass.EXE" in its card name. The equipped monster gains 200 ATK for each DARK or Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard. The equipped monster cannot be removed from the field by Trap Card effects while there are 4 or more DARK or Fiend-Type monsters in your Graveyard.|

I looked at Mega Man and he was missing an Attribute, but even after I did that he still wasn't showing up. Last time all I did was copy and paste a card that was working and rewrote it. In this case I copied, pasted, and edited Rush's code for Mega Man, but it still didn't work.

As for Dark Arm Blade's edit I think the 200 ATK increase is a bit much considering it's really easy to get a lot of DARK monsters into the grave with dark world dealings, hand destruction, morphing jar, and snake rain.

I could look into Steiner.

Archived