[Vanguard] Stand Up! The Vanguard!

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1311819003' post='5393902']
It was actually none of you guys that did it XD
[/quote]

But we started the Vanguard thread D:.. Well i've been playing the game since the game started on byond o.o and I think i was who started it by stating they their is a Cardfight Vanguard game on byond in the additional content thing a few months ago

@Zero.

Ya i love close matches easily when you never know what the outcome is gonna be.

And your frontline is normally 2 toms and CEO right?

My imagination of my frontline:
Death Metals firing rounds of bullets at enemy units while Gold Rutile charges in slashing things up increasing Morale, and advancing through the battlefield.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Miror B.' timestamp='1311819003' post='5393902']
It was actually none of you guys that did it XD
[/quote]
Was it.....
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/256wft5.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1311819187' post='5393911']
But we started the Vanguard thread D:.. Well i've been playing the game since the game started on byond o.o and I think i was who started it by stating they their is a Cardfight Vanguard game on byond in the additional content thing a few months ago

@Zero.

Ya i love close matches easily when you never know what the outcome is gonna be.

And your frontline is normally 2 toms and CEO right?

My imagination of my frontline:
Death Metals firing rounds of bullets at enemy units while Gold Rutile charges in slashing things up increasing Morale, and advancing through the battlefield.
[/quote]
I've been doing Theory with the cards since it came out, then when I was informed about BYOND I been going ever since.

My frontline has slight variations depending on my situation. But I 'd prefer the combo of CEO, Meteobreak, and Tom/Security.

I'd rather wait for 8 to hold a tourney, plus we would have to decide how many matches a game would consist of.

[center]Time for today's Card Of The Day.

[b]March Rabbit Of Nightmareland [/b]
[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/qp2wqd.jpg[/img]

[i]"Auto: [Choose 1 «Dark Irregulars» card
from your Hand and Discard it] When this Unit
is called to the Guardian Circle, you may pay
the cost. If paid, for that battle, your
«Dark Irregulars» doesn't get hit."[/i]

Again, it seems that every clan will use/have this type of unit. Although, this one screams Alice in Wonderland.[/center]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311872380' post='5395558']
I'd rather wait for 8 to hold a tourney, plus we would have to decide how many matches a game would consist of.
[/quote]
I figured, just wanted to say that.

Besides, we could always just do a tourney where everybody plays everybody else once each.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311872380' post='5395558']
[center]Time for today's Card Of The Day.

[b]March Rabbit Of Nightmareland [/b]
[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/qp2wqd.jpg[/img]

[i]"Auto: [Choose 1 «Dark Irregulars» card
from your Hand and Discard it] When this Unit
is called to the Guardian Circle, you may pay
the cost. If paid, for that battle, your
«Dark Irregulars» doesn't get hit."[/i]

Again, it seems that every clan will use/have this type of unit. Although, this one screams Alice in Wonderland.[/center]
[/quote]
Haven't really looked at the Dark Irregulars, but I'm pretty sure every clan I've seen so far has a monster with an ability like this. And WHITE RABBIT FTW!!

Also, I'd like to face somebody else who can help me figure out if I'm doing things right, I've only been in like 3 matches.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311891376' post='5396668']
So, I'll be on if anyone is interested. Back middle table in the Card Capital shop. ;DI also updated my Oracle Deck thread with a guide of sorts, I'd love some feedback on it.Also, 1 of the 'vet' players on CC says Koko is amazing. o.0
[/quote]

If you can keep soul low than i guess she would be.

Zero do you think my deck even needs a guide. Npva Grapplers are pretty straightforward

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1311895476' post='5396838']
If you can keep soul low than i guess she would be.

Zero do you think my deck even needs a guide. Npva Grapplers are pretty straightforward
[/quote]
Yeah, but he was saying he was the best Grade 3 OTT by far. :mellow:

I'd love to read a guide for Nova Grapplers. I see some still using Asura Kaiser and wonder if you think he's too inconsistent and you tested him out. =D

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311897093' post='5396891']
Yeah, but he was saying he was the best Grade 3 OTT by far. :mellow: I'd love to read a guide for Nova Grapplers. I see some still using Asura Kaiser and wonder if you think he's too inconsistent and you tested him out. =D
[/quote]

And Best Grade 3 OTT i would say is just his opinion, because i honestly like CEO more than koko.
To honest i don't like Asura Kaiser because you don't want to run alot of Grade 3s which are the only way to get his effect off often. While you can just use Lion Heat or Rutile if you want to restand a unit. And even if they don't hit they've eat up some your opponent's shield because They don't want you to restand your units.
The only Grade 3 Checker that i like is General Seyfried, but thats because he CALLS them to an empty Rearguard zone which my Spike bros my Frontline goes back to the deck after they attack.

And i'll try to come up with a guide for nova grapplers

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1311897533' post='5396913']
And Best Grade 3 OTT i would say is just his opinion, because i honestly like CEO more than koko.
[/quote]
Imo it goes

CEO >>> Wizard>Apollon>Koko/Tsukuyomi>the rest

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1311897533' post='5396913']
To honest i don't like Asura Kaiser because you don't want to run alot of Grade 3s which are the only way to get his effect off often. While you can just use Lion Heat or Rutile if you want to restand a unit. And even if they don't hit they've eat up some your opponent's shield because They don't want you to restand your units.
The only Grade 3 Checker that i like is General Seyfried, but thats because he CALLS them to an empty Rearguard zone which my Spike bros my Frontline goes back to the deck after they attack.

And i'll try to come up with a guide for nova grapplers
[/quote]
I get people who still run him and Invincible. But Invincible isn't bad, is he?

Well I played 5 games today, with a record of 3-2.

Game 1: Guy played Royal Paladins and got off Savior's skill twice. It took every card I had to stay alive the second time. Then I CEO check into a critical and was doing awesome face to victory.

Game 2: This was Miror B. I don't remember the details.

Game 3: Guy played Kagero, and I couldn't ride a Grade 3 for 2 turns. And when I did ride a Grade 3 it was Meteobreak. I never saw a CEO the whole match. <_<

Game 4: Same guy as Game 3, but he changed to Spike bros. I got CEO out and played the deck smoothly.

Game 5: Kagero again. He Superior Rode Blazing Flare Dragon (which I think he cheated on, because I think he called Iron Tail Dragon and Gattling Claw Dragon from his deck using Lizard Soldier Conroe) and spammed a full field a turn earlier than normal. I got a couple of heal/cric triggers and got us down to 5 damage each. I had just enough to block and go for game next turn...that is, until he got a Stand trigger.

So a successful day. =D

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311899665' post='5396973']
Imo it goes

CEO >>> Wizard>Apollon>Koko/Tsukuyomi>the rest

I get people who still run him and Invincible. But Invincible isn't bad, is he?

Well I played 5 games today, with a record of 3-2.

Game 1: Guy played Royal Paladins and got off Savior's skill twice. It took every card I had to stay alive the second time. Then I CEO check into a critical and was doing awesome face to victory.

Game 2: This was Miror B. I don't remember the details.

Game 3: Guy played Kagero, and I couldn't ride a Grade 3 for 2 turns. And when I did ride a Grade 3 it was Meteobreak. I never saw a CEO the whole match. <_<

Game 4: Same guy as Game 3, but he changed to Spike bros. I got CEO out and played the deck smoothly.

Game 5: Kagero again. He Superior Rode Blazing Flare Dragon (which I think he cheated on, because I think he called Iron Tail Dragon and Gattling Claw Dragon from his deck using Lizard Soldier Conroe) and spammed a full field a turn earlier than normal. I got a couple of heal/cric triggers and got us down to 5 damage each. I had just enough to block and go for game next turn...that is, until he got a Stand trigger.

So a successful day. =D
[/quote]

Invincible isn't bad. He just requires alot of set up to use his full power. And the ppl playing Kaiser and Invincible are probably people who like Kamui and want to play like him

And how did the Spike Bro deck play. Because i've played alot of spike brothers and they play differently then the way i play them.

and if possible wanna play a few games. (i'll use my Spike bros havent used them in awhile and they need to be played)

To be honest I haven't noticed a difference in play for Spike Bros. :mellow:

[center]CARD OF THE DAY

Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/107nuqf.jpg[/img]
[i]"Auto【V】: At the start of your Ride Phase, look at the top 5 cards of your Deck, search for up to 1 「Crescent Moon Goddess, Tsukuyomi」, Ride it, and send the rest of the cards to the bottom of the Deck in any order. If ridden, you cannot perform a Normal Ride for that Ride Phase."[/i]

So lets discuss the new "fad" of picking up the top 5 cards. imo, it doesn't seem consistent at all. But until I see the deck in action I'll try to keep an open mind.[/center]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311956231' post='5398541']
To be honest I haven't noticed a difference in play for Spike Bros. :mellow:

[center]CARD OF THE DAY

Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/107nuqf.jpg[/img]
[i]"Auto【V】: At the start of your Ride Phase, look at the top 5 cards of your Deck, search for up to 1 「Crescent Moon Goddess, Tsukuyomi」, Ride it, and send the rest of the cards to the bottom of the Deck in any order. If ridden, you cannot perform a Normal Ride for that Ride Phase."[/i]

So lets discuss the new "fad" of picking up the top 5 cards. imo, it doesn't seem consistent at all. But until I see the deck in action I'll try to keep an open mind.[/center]
[/quote]

most of the Spike bro players i've face never used Juggernaut Maximum or High Speed Blackie which i use both.

And i also game up a Ride chant for Tyrant Death Rex for when i'm able to play mono-tachikaze

Well I managed to play 2 games today. My power went out and it was awfully laggy today.

Game 1: Nova Grapplers

We both got what we wanted early. Me, CEO, Wizard, and Tom. And he got Delano's frontline. Unlike my fight with Delano Tom did a lot of damage. And when he did manage to get him off the field, I played another. I won 6 to 4.

Game 2: Oracle Tachikaze

He started off Tachikaze, but then went into Oracle Gemini and Maiden of Libra. (I was surprised) But he damaged check 3 heal triggers that didn't heal. =P Got CEO on a topdeck and her skilled reveled the game winning Critical Trigger. He guarded, but it wasn't enough.

So, 2-0 today. XD

I want to play Pale Moon, but so much IRL going on I can't try them out and play with my OTTs.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311989679' post='5399962']
Well I managed to play 2 games today. My power went out and it was awfully laggy today.

Game 1: Nova Grapplers

We both got what we wanted early. Me, CEO, Wizard, and Tom. And he got Delano's frontline. Unlike my fight with Delano Tom did a lot of damage. And when he did manage to get him off the field, I played another. I won 6 to 4.

Game 2: Oracle Tachikaze

He started off Tachikaze, but then went into Oracle Gemini and Maiden of Libra. (I was surprised) But he damaged check 3 heal triggers that didn't heal. =P Got CEO on a topdeck and her skilled reveled the game winning Critical Trigger. He guarded, but it wasn't enough.

So, 2-0 today. XD
[/quote]

Even if guy uses same deck as me doesn't mean he can play it like i can :P. Also Guy should have focused on your Vanguard not your Rearguard because eventually you will be Forced to intercept with them.

Anyways I would ask if you wanted to play against my spike bros but there a 40 people on so i don't know how bad your lag will be

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1311989907' post='5399972']
Even if guy uses same deck as me doesn't mean he can play it like i can :P. Also Guy should have focused on your Vanguard not your Rearguard because eventually you will be Forced to intercept with them.

Anyways I would ask if you wanted to play against my spike bros but there a 40 people on so i don't know how bad your lag will be
[/quote]
Not with my giant hand I wouldn't have Intercepted. XP

Yeah,now there is 45 on...I think it'll have to wait.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311990045' post='5399982']
Not with my giant hand I wouldn't have Intercepted. XP

Yeah,now there is 45 on...I think it'll have to wait.
[/quote]

If he played Nova Grapplers like a pro he could have eaten your hand o.o. But seems like the guy can't play Nova grapplers like i do :P and Nom nom on your hand.

Anyways, I wonder how many of DLI cards will be added tomorrow. Though probably not that many unless that have some secret website that allows them to get the images for the cards that don't have images shown yet

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1311991581' post='5400028']
Actually, the mods were talking about it when I was on. They said a bunch of images where released today.
[/quote]

awesome, i wonder how many :D. Anyways there are 37 people on now.

Number of people on doesnt seem to be decreasing anytime soon...

I really want to play my Spike bros against your OTT o.o. That way i can show you how I play Spike Brothers :P or my favorite Rearguard Rotation technique that Spike Brothers are good at

Well I'm going to be coming into some money, so I'll probably go to get a better wireless connection. So in about a month I should hopefully be able to play whenever.

btw, the new episode is subbed. Even it showed the "top 5 cards of your deck" cards to be inconsistent. Although OTTs and Rutile got to shine. =D

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1312041332' post='5401199']
Well I'm going to be coming into some money, so I'll probably go to get a better wireless connection. So in about a month I should hopefully be able to play whenever.

btw, the new episode is subbed. Even it showed the "top 5 cards of your deck" cards to be inconsistent. Although OTTs and Rutile got to shine. =D
[/quote]

But You have to admit Full Moon Goddess skill is useful as it fuels hand and soul. And plus it does allow you to manage your deck a little as you can play those cards in any order you want o.o at the bottom of your deck. which OTT like to draw out their deck
Also Guy with Rutile isn't doesn't even compare to when i use him :P.

[quote name='DeathSDelano' timestamp='1312042122' post='5401231']
But You have to admit Full Moon Goddess skill is useful as it fuels hand and soul. And plus it does allow you to manage your deck a little as you can play those cards in any order you want o.o at the bottom of your deck. which OTT like to draw out their deck
Also Guy with Rutile isn't doesn't even compare to when i use him :P.
[/quote]
I've only ever gotten to the bottom of my deck 3 times, once was when I made my opponent deck out. =P

If the YCMers who play went to the anime Nationals we'd take home the trophy. I also got a 3 games in last night, they where all against OTTs, I won them all. If memory serves right, I've only lost against an OTT deck once or twice. =3

Archived