YCM Member Brawl 3 (Round 5 is over)

Fusion X. Denver

[quote name='Pinkie Pie' timestamp='1306977163' post='5247810']
No it's simply that Dane has often specifically requested NOT to be in this tournament and I am betting dollars to donuts that this rule was built primarily to force him to do so.

=/

It's something Creator would do.
[/quote]

Actually
It was a mutual agreement and Dane didn't factor into our decision.
It was a rule upheld by the last two YMBs and we kept the rule.
Barring no one leads to a more accurate result as the "best" member.
People debated letting Ragnarok compete despite being banned and he took second place.
It's nothing personal, but if people are reluctant to participate, I'm sure their friends won't vote for them out of respect or whatnot.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/22006-pinkie-pie/]Pinkie Pie the Gemini[/url]
[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/176875-fluttershy/]Fluttershy the Mecha Pony[/url]
[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/20595-lord-jz-of-the-enigma/]The Motherflipping Lord JZ of the Enigma[/url]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1306977397' post='5247821']
Actually
It was a mutual agreement and Dane didn't factor into our decision.
It was a rule upheld by the last two YMBs and we kept the rule.
Barring no one leads to a more accurate result as the "best" member.
People debated letting Ragnarok compete despite being banned and he took second place.
It's nothing personal, but if people are reluctant to participate, I'm sure their friends won't vote for them out of respect or whatnot.
[/quote]
It definitly was not a thing last tournament because Dane succesfully dropped out.

Also the fact that Dane had to keep trying to get people to vote AGAINST him so he could drop out PROVES otherwise.

So case in point while anyone should be able to be accepted you CANT actually use someone's name and image if they EXPLICITLY said no.

Creative License and all that.

[quote name='Pinkie Pie' timestamp='1306977641' post='5247833']
It definitly was not a thing last tournament because Dane succesfully dropped out.

Also the fact that Dane had to keep trying to get people to vote AGAINST him so he could drop out PROVES otherwise.

So case in point while anyone should be able to be accepted you CANT actually use someone's name and image if they EXPLICITLY said no.

Creative License and all that.
[/quote]

I'll talk it over with Creator.
No guarantees the rule will be removed, but I'll at least consider it.
That said, all nominations posted are in, I'll be bolding all (Competing) members to help differentiate among the contestants.

Well Nexev, barring that we ever plan to make a profit off of this, the Creative License laws don't apply here.

As Fusion said, if Dane doesn't wish to participate then his friends won't nominate him. If members nominate him BECAUSE he doesn't want to be we will null their nomination and move on.

As to those who don't want their YCM names used in any of our narratives, they only need PM either me or Fusion and we will be sure to provide another name for them.

Just came to say rule #7 is bullshit because of the fact that some people don't want to be in a popularity contest for obvious reasons and forcing them in is kind of annoying and stupid and whoever made that rule is mentally handicapped.

[quote name='Shadow Zero' timestamp='1306978158' post='5247858']
In short, the rule is staying, people are in when they are nomin8ed whether they like it or not.
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/zero-virus/2010-10-18.jpg?t=1306978065[/img]
[/quote]
Don't use Manly Guys. Please.

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1306978371' post='5247864']
Just came to say rule #7 is bullshit because of the fact that some people don't want to be in a popularity contest for obvious reasons and forcing them in is kind of annoying and stupid and whoever made that rule is mentally handicapped.
[/quote]

Talk to Smesh then. Granted I'd like to know why your only being pissy about it now and not in the last two.

But I'd rather have your reasons via PM, so as to not clutter up this thread with pointless argument.

[quote name='Enzax Aito' timestamp='1306978472' post='5247869']
Talk to Smesh then. Granted I'd like to know why your only being pissy about it now and not in the last two.

But I'd rather have your reasons via PM, so as to not clutter up this thread with pointless argument.
[/quote]

Nah, I'll be quick.

Because that wasn't a written rule in the last two, I think.

And frankly, I never read the rules or anything.

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1306978518' post='5247872']
Nah, I'll be quick.

Because that wasn't a written rule in the last two, I think.

And frankly, I never read the rules or anything.
[/quote]

As we've stated before, if you check the previous two this rule has been apart of the YMB ruleset from the beginning. We did not bother to change it.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1306978476' post='5247871']
What's the problem with using someone's name for a bit of harmless fun? Is there Money on the line? No. Will this change the member's real life circumstances? No. To me being picked without knowing is actually a honor :P
[/quote]
It's not that.

It's being FORCED to do it if you explicitly ask NOT to.

It's all fair if you are like "No wai I got nominated!"
But if someone says NO then that is f***ing it. It's NO, that is it. Do NOT past go do NOT collect ten thousand dollars.

The fact that there is no money almost makes it worse because there is zero reason to force a guy into doing this but yet they are stuck doing so.

It's a fuckin retarded rule and I swear to god I am sure it breaks a bunch of actual rules.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1306978644' post='5247879']
Creator has a point, why hasn't this been a problem before?
And friends are usually the ones who nominate each other, and none of Dane's friends will nominate him.
He might not even be nominated.
[/quote]
It's because the rules were definitly not in place because DANE UNNOMINATED HIMSELF LAST TIME!

Meaning that NO ONE WAS f***ing STUPID ENOUGH TO FOLLOW THIS RULE LAST TIME!

THAT IS WHY IT'S AN ISSUE NOW!

BECAUSE YOU ARE!

You know what?

Creator do you want me to write a fic where you get a cactus shoved up your ass?

Because see so long as I don't sell this story you are telling me no matter what you say I can get away with this.

Is that right?

Mods never objected before.
And the rules don't apply outside the thread.
Or I should say, a loophole would be Dane asking the ones who nominated him to retract their nomination, then that'd be fine.
And only a jerk would say no.
EDIT: Here, I added this to rule 7.
[quote]
However, if you have a problem with a nomination, you can privately consult the one who made the nomination and see if they would be willing to retract said nomination.[/quote]
I think that's fair.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1306979265' post='5247898']
Mods never objected before.
And the rules don't apply outside the thread.
Or I should say, a loophole would be Dane asking the ones who nominated him to retract their nomination, then that'd be fine.
And only a jerk would say no.
[/quote]
The mods clearly don't bother looking at the rules.

Also look if no one will have to be in the tournament against their will.... WHY DID YOU MAKE A RULE SAYING THAT THEY HAVE TO BE IN THE TOURNAMENT AGAINST THEIR WILL?

Your arguement is that the rule should stay because it's REDUNDENT that is not a winning case that just means you were stupid for making the rule two tournaments ago.

Also say I want to make a fic about you being a loser with no friends.

By your logic you HAVE to let me do it.

Is that right? If not then you shouldn't have to make people join a tournament where the matches are apperantly going to be written out as well.

Cause the difference between yours and mine? I only have ONE fic.

You have a whole series.

Actually I have another way to describe this situation.

Imagine you walk into a Sweet Shop and buy a Packet of Sweets. Without you knowing the Shopkeeper has placed you into a Raffle to Win a Month's supply of Sweets. You then find out later that you won the Sweets, what would you do? Say no to the sweets and slag the Shopkeeper off for using your name in a Free Raffle? Or would you say, thanks for thinking of me because I was a customer and enjoy those Sweets.

Or if you found out you didn't win but the next time you come into the Sweet SHop, the Shopkeeper gives you a extra Sweets for Free.

Just enjoy the Brawl for what it is :P Seriously, I don't want to see this go down the shitter because there is some Bad Eggs in the basket.

Fusion, if a Member asks to be removed could you honor their request please?

You guys are being absolutely retarded about this. With all due respect to Dane, he should stop acting like a whiny moron and get over the fact that some people actually like him and want him nominated for whatever reasons unbeknownst to him.

Ice should stop acting like a whiny moron and deal with the fact that Striker, in all of his wisdom, nominated Ice as an act of kindness or forgiveness or whatever bullshit he wants to throw at us.

And Nexev, if you are so keen on suing the TC and his partner, go ahead and do it. And when nothing happens, please tell us. No plagiarism is going on here, and you are retarded to think so. I don't know what your bullshit argument is, but it's exactly that: [i]bullshit[/i].

Trust me, I'm not arguing in favor of Striker or anything, I never would, but you guys should start thinking logically and not acting like whiny retards that decide to speak before they think.

You always have the option of ignoring this thread entirely. You always have the option of rejecting a prize if you win something. You aren't being forced to take part in this, because you aren't taking part in this. You don't even have to touch any of these threads ever forever for all of eternity ever. It saddens me that three people I know quite well could hold such a stupid opinion and back it up with equally as terrible logic.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1306979580' post='5247910']
Actually I have another way to describe this situation.

Imagine you walk into a Sweet Shop and buy a Packet of Sweets. Without you knowing the Shopkeeper has placed you into a Raffle to Win a Month's supply of Sweets. You then find out later that you won the Sweets, what would you do? Say no to the sweets and slag the Shopkeeper off for using your name in a Free Raffle? Or would you say, thanks for thinking of me because I was a customer and enjoy those Sweets.

Or if you found out you didn't win but the next time you come into the Sweet SHop, the Shopkeeper gives you a extra Sweets for Free.

Just enjoy the Brawl for what it is :P Seriously, I don't want to see this go down the shitter because there is some Bad Eggs in the basket.

Fusion, if a Member asks to be removed could you honor their request please?
[/quote]

No because as I said you SPECIFICALLY ASKED NO, you did not win without your knowledge you simply were forced to particerpate in a race you did not want to run.

It's not a tournament, it's a f***ing draft.

Hey, Nexev, go ahead and write fanfictions about shoving cacti up someone's ass and about the TC being a loser with no friends. Write a fanfic about me getting run over by a bus, while you're at it. We're not whiny morons, so we won't care. At least we have some sense of logic and know how to deal with terrible, irrelevant arguments.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1306979611' post='5247911']
You always have the option of ignoring this thread entirely. You always have the option of rejecting a prize if you win something. You aren't being forced to take part in this, because you aren't taking part in this. You don't even have to touch any of these threads ever forever for all of eternity ever. It saddens me that three people I know quite well could hold such a stupid opinion and back it up with equally as terrible logic.
[/quote]
Fair enough, I am dropping out, so anyone who nominated me please unnominate me or whatever.

It's not Striker, it's the principle of things, I refuse to particerpate in anything that forces people to do something even if they don't want to.

It's very contradictory of my belief of "Fun" if it's a game you are not allowed to stop playing.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1306979611' post='5247911']
You guys are being absolutely retarded about this. With all due respect to Dane, he should stop acting like a whiny moron and get over the fact that some people actually like him and want him nominated for whatever reasons unbeknownst to him.
[/quote]

Dane doesn't even know this thing is up Dark.

He didn't get Nexev to say anything just so you know, Nex is just using him as a quick example.

Yeah, the TC didn't even have to make that edit. You guys could have PMed the people who nominated you and told them to retract it. But you guys didn't think of that UNTIL the TC came up with the compromise.

Just note that the TC (hopefully) won't restrict nominations in your name. So you better watch this thread carefully to make sure nobody else nominates you, and if they do, whack them with a private message.

[i]Dane doesn't even know this thing is up Dark.[/i]

To be fair, Dane whined a lot in the last one, too, but at least he took actions and tried to get votes against him instead of incessantly arguing like Nexev.

Archived