D&C's Created Card Game! - ACCEPTING MEMBERS!!!!

Cody Frost

Well... I know you don't want the created archtypes to flood it, but... If you really need more cards, I suggest either:

1. Increasing the number of created archtype card submissions to 15.
2. Increasing the generic real card submissions to 8.
3. Increasing the number of real archtype submissions to 10. (because seriously, who would run a Blackwing deck if there were only 5 Blackwing cards?)

Anyways, I know that I've capped my Molten submissions and generic real card submissions...

Can you give me a list of what else I can submit so we can get SET0 finished and move on to SET1? Because lots of poeple would be joining if they could actually play YVD with their cards.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Sirty_stan' timestamp='1311704894' post='5388969']
Well... I know you don't want the created archtypes to flood it, but... If you really need more cards, I suggest either:

1. Increasing the number of created archtype card submissions to 15.

[b]I'm not Sure what you mean here, to you mean a total of 15 arch-types in this set or do you mean that you can submit 15 cards instead of 12 for an Arch-Type. If the first, that seems way to many, if the secound, I don't really see how that would cause much problems.[/b]

2. Increasing the generic real card submissions to 8.

[b]This doesn't sound to bad either but I'm not fully sure on it.[/b]

3. Increasing the number of real archtype submissions to 10. (because seriously, who would run a Blackwing deck if there were only 5 Blackwing cards?)

[b]Umm...........not sure if your confused but it's not 5 you submit for the real arch-type, its 12 cards you submit. And then 5 for every time you support it.
[/b]
Anyways, I know that I've capped my Molten submissions and generic real card submissions...

Can you give me a list of what else I can submit so we can get SET0 finished and move on to SET1? Because lots of poeple would be joining if they could actually play YVD with their cards.
[/quote]

^Bold are just my opinions.

Well 80 Generic Created Cards can easily be made by 10 members, and I can sure as hell still submit several other cards that I have floating around so that isn't the problem. I just have some ready if we don't get that many members.

Archtypes: Keeping it the same. Anyone who would want to play cards such as Blackwings, and such would be able to submit 12 cards from the archtype just like with the Created Archtypes (not 5).

SET Name is not SET0 seeing as it would be confusing with the other OCCG. The name of our first set is DACS1 which stands for: D&C's Set 1.

DACS1... Sounds cool... Could also be interpreted as "[b]D[/b].[b]A[/b]._Fortune Lady, [b]C[/b]ody Frost & [b]S[/b]irty 1" :lol:

But seriously, I don't see the need for "And" to be part of the SET name. Because in real Yu-Gi-Oh!, the set abbreviations have a max of 4 characters and in titles of books, songs, movies, etc. you don't see the word "and" capitalized, do you? So why make the word important by putting it in the SET name?

[b]OR[/b]

You could just make actual Booster Pack names such as "Created Chaos (CRCH)" or "Rise of Creation (RICR)"... Because personally I find the whole SET# crap to be lame. Besides, if you're going to use pictures for *your* submissions and use archtype card pictures for the banner, why not just send in the picture to render it at a shop and make it into a booster pack to attract more attention?

Also...

[quote]
[i]I'm not Sure what you mean here, to you mean a total of 15 arch-types in this set or do you mean that you can submit 15 cards instead of 12 for an Arch-Type. If the first, that seems way to many, if the secound, I don't really see how that would cause much problems.[/i]
[b]
I mean a total of 15 card submissions per archtype instead of 12. Why? So that archtypes can get going a little faster instead of waiting for the second set. Usulayy people have to wait for 2 sets before they can actually use their archtype well.[/b]

[i]This doesn't sound to bad either but I'm not fully sure on it.[/i]

[b]I see Cody's point of 80 generic created cards... BUT... let me show you some math.

There are:

6 card Types:

Normal Monster, Effect Monster, Fusion Monster, Synchro Monster, Spell Card and Trap Card (not including Xyz Monster, because it is still fairly new to the English TCG and will not be added to YVD for a while. Also not including Dark Synchros as those are only in the anime/manga).

21 Types of Monsters:

Aqua, Beast, Beast-Warrior, Dinosaur, Dragon, Fairy, Fiend, Fish, Insect, Machine, Plant, Psychic, Pyro, Reptile, Rock, Sea Serpent, Spellcaster, Thunder, Warrior, Winged Beast, Zombie (not including Divine-Beast, as we *probably* won't have God cards in this game except for the real tournament-legal God cards in the original TCG).

6 Attributes of Monsters:

DARK, EARTH, FIRE, LIGHT, WATER, WIND (not including DIVINE, as we *probably* won't have God cards in this game except for the real tournament-legal God cards in the original TCG).

5 sub-Types:

Gemini, Spirit, Toon, Tuner and Union(not including "FLIP:" cards, as those are part of the effect, like "Pierce". Also not including Dark Tuners as those are only in the anime/manga).

Now we have complicated math to do. Start off with 80 generic created cards.

40% (32 cards) of the support would involve Monsters:

25% [20 cards] Effect Monster support
+ 5% [4 cards] Normal Monster support
+ 4% [3 cards] Synchro Monster support
+ 1% [1 card] Fusion Monster support
+ 5% [4 cards] generic Monster support
= 40% [32 cards] Monster support

Ex. Monster Reborn, Pride of the Weak, Thousand Energy, etc.

25% (20 cards) of the support would involve Spells:

2% [2 cards] Normal Spell support
+ 2% [2 cards] Continuous Spell support
+ 1% [1 card] Field Spell support
+ 1% [1 card] Equip Spell support
+ 1% [1 card] Quick-Play support
+ 1% [1 card] Ritual support
+ 17% [12 cards] generic Spell support
= 25% [20 cards]

Ex. De-Spell, Field Barrier, Gem Flash Energy, etc.

25% (20 cards) of the support would involve Traps:

3% [2 cards] Normal Trap support
+ 2% [2 cards] Continuous Trap support
+ 1% [1 card] Counter Trap support
+ 19% [15 cards] generic Trap support
= 25% [20 cards]

Ex. Counter Counter, Remove Trap, Mask of Darkness, etc.

10% (8 cards) would be miscellaneous support:

3% [2 cards] Draw support
2% [2 cards] Deck support
4% [3 cards] Graveyard support
1% [1 card] Extra Deck support
= 10% [8 cards]

Ex. Card Destruction, Cemetery Bomb, Penguin Knight, etc.

See? Barely any support if you're using a Type-based deck (ex. Zombie World deck build). I didn't even do the Types, but if you divided the types evenly (that's 21 types), you would have roughly 1 card supporting each type! And that doesn't include Level-Type specific cards (Reinforce Truth) either, or Attribute-Type, or ATK-Type, or DEF-Type, or ATK-DEF... This could go on and on! Also, this doesn't even include sub-Types!!! So in conclusion, we need more generic support.[/b]

[i]Umm...........not sure if your confused but it's not 5 you submit for the real arch-type, its 12 cards you submit. And then 5 for every time you support it.[/i]

[b]Ohhh... Alright. Didn't get that. Thanks for the clarification![/b]

[/quote]

*phew* took me a while to do that. Bold is my opinion, Italicized is D.A.'s responses to my first post.

I understand your point of view Sirty. Thing is, 250 card in a CCG is more than enough as a starting ground. If you look at the OCCG again, there "were" about 253 card in the first set and we were still able to make quite a number of decks. Despite the "Lack" of "Archtype" cards, they were still around pretty good. In fact, we had accidentally made "Thunderities" (Thunder-Type monsters that worked REMARKABLY like Infernities) and supposedly they were among the most UNDERSUPPORTED card types in the OCCG until I sort of had my moment and found out their potential. The same thing can still happen here if not more since we're also incorporating real cards. The number of cards "Looks" small at 275, but take into account that it only takes about 40- different cards to make a deck run extremely well without the Synchro/Fusion/Exceed Monsters. Some decks run several copies of a certain card, one really notable card in the TCG/OCG would be "Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter" and "Reborn Tengu". Both cards speed up decks remarkably fast. Tengu is run at 3 PERIOD and in a well-fast-paced Deck that is run at 40 cards only needs 37 different cards now!

Now onto the Math Portion. For one thing, the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG doesn't work like that. Ever wonder why Beast and Beast-Warriors have a tendency to be undersupported? It's because they tend to work as search engines or fast paced searchers in certain techs and deck structures. Yu-Gi-Oh! is no longer a "keep everything the same and together game" where each Type and Attribute has the same amount of power. DARK and LIGHT monsters are the two most powerful and represented Attributes themselves and Dragons/Warriors have a tendency to be represented the most. But why? Because they were made to "fit" the gameplay, not the game itself. The percentages that you've stated in a sense are null and void of meaning because the game itself doesn't revolve around precentage, but rather around how to MAKE things work for you. This is the reason Six Samurai, Doppel Plants, Infernities, Monarchs, FiskTK, FrogTK, X-Sabers are so powerful, because they MAKE themselves work to your advantage.

Trust me, 275 cards, 10 archtypes, several generic and real cards/staples, all of this can make FAR MORE than just 10 different decks. We thought that we would need like 300 cards in the other OCG, turns out we need far less. In fact, 150 cards would be more than sufficient to start an OCG. And if we don't cover all the bases the first time, we can add the support the times that follow.

Geezus...:blink: I think I had a moment...I think...

Tech for matches

|Victory End Dragon|0|DACS1|Dragon/Syncro/Effect|Dark|12||atk0|def0|
[font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]1 Tuner + 3 or more non-Tuner monsters
[/font][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]This card can only be played in a match Duel. When this monster is Summoned: you loose the round. During the next round: You conduct your turns twice. After this monster is summoned: It is banished until the end of the match. This effect cannot be negated.[/font]|

[quote name='Cody Frost' timestamp='1311778004' post='5391564']
Well, using a Quasar build, you're able to summon him pretty easy. All you would need would be T.G. Hyper Librarian x 2, a Token and either Glow-Up Bulb or Spore which isn't that hard to do anyway. With the CCG however, I have absolutely no idea...
[/quote]

Well then, time to kill that possibility for good.

[color=#1C2837][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]|Victory End Dragon|0|DACS1|Dragon/Syncro/Effect|Dark|12||atk0|def0|
[font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]1 Tuner + 3 or more non-Tuner Level 3 or lower monsters
[/font][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif]This card can only be played in a match Duel. When this monster is Summoned: you loose the round. During the next round: You conduct your turns twice. After this monster is summoned: It is banished until the end of the match. This effect cannot be negated.[/font]| [/font][/color]

Now for this for some generics.

[spoiler=Generics]|Torque Synchronizer||DACS1|Machine/Tuner|Light|3||atk 900|def 200|

This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is used for a Synchro Summon: You can increase or decrease each of the synchro material monsters levels by 1.|

|Hitro Zombie||DACS1|Zombie/Effect|Light|6||atk 1500|def 0|

This card cannot be Special Summoned expect by its effect. When this card is Normal Summoned: Place 1 Hitro Counter on this card (Max 6). For every Hitro Counter on this card this monster gains 200 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon it in face-up Defense position with 1 more Hitro Counter then it had when it was destroyed. You can remove Hitro Counter's from this card: Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard who's Level is equal to or less then the amount of Hitro Counters removed.|

|A Fairy Inaccurate Attack!||DACS1|Trap Card|Trap||Countinious|||

Every time this cards effect activates: It is considered to be a Counter Trap Card. When either player starts there Battle Phase: Flip a coin. If Heads: The turn player must attack with at least 1 monsters this turn if able. If Tails: the turn player cannot attack and the turn players opponent must attack this turn with at least 1 monster if able.|

[/spoiler]

Well... Since I have time on my hands... Might as well submit some more cards!

Real cards:

1. Stumbling

[spoiler=Created generic cards (7 total)]
|Fortune of the Wealthy|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||Once per turn, when you have no cards in your Hand: you may pay 500 Life Points; draw 1 card. You may only have 1 face-up "Fortune of the Wealthy" on your side of the field.|
|Bill X-21|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||As long as this card remains on the field: neither player may Tribute Summon monsters.|
|An Offer He Can't Refuse|0|SET1|Trap Card|Trap||Counter|||Pay 500 Life Points: negate the activation of a Spell or Trap card and destroy it. Your opponent may not activate any Spell or Trap cards in response to this effect.|
|Passing the Buck|0|SET1|Trap Card|Trap||Normal|||When you take damage: negate the damage; take the damage on the second Standby Phase after activation.|
|Gravedigger Dragon|0|SET1|Dragon/Synchro/Effect|DARK|8||2200|2500|1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters When this card is Synchro Summoned: this card gains 100 ATK for each card in your Graveyard.|
|Melt Down|0|SET2|Spell Card|Spell||Normal|||You can send 1 FIRE Monster from your deck to the Graveyard: your opponent takes 500 damage.|
|Lava Spings|0|SET2|Spell Card|Spell||Continuous|||If you do not pay 300 Life Points during your Standby Phase: this card is destroyed. Once per turn when a FIRE Monster is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: you can add that card to your Hand.|
[/spoiler]

Archived