☠Tierra del Diablo☠: An Original RP

Kyng's Old Account

Still in her fiery giantess form, Sarah had barrelled through another army of pumpkin-turned warriors, only to catch up a Terry, Vai and Plague who were now returning to Thorndale, presumably already having killed Jack O'Lantern. Sarah was understandably pissed off that she wasn't there to aid them in combat. She took it out on a thick-bodied warrior that she must've missed, sending its pumpkin head soaring into the far yonder with a powerful roundhouse kick, before finally catching up with the three humans, noting the injuries that Terry had suffered while she was at it.

[color="#4B0082"]"The hell happened to you?"[/color] she asked him.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terry saw the giantess form of Sarah, but said nothing. 'Hya!' He belted the horse, amking him go faster. The town of Thorndale was up close and as they approachedthe settlement Terry saw it, the unholy hulking mass that was La Meseta del Diablo. 'That's the uholy land right there, and soon we'll close it.' He said to himself, reassuring himself of the task ahead. Eventually as thy passed the first building Terry spoke 'I'm off to my mother and sister, don't wait up. Get some rest.' as he rode of into the distance...

[color="#0000FF"]"Yeah.. You'll be doing the tango alright... In he-"[/color] she was cut off as she Jack swiped some vines across her face. [color="#0000FF"]"Really? That's the best you got? D*mn Terry... You're weaker than I thought."[/color] she laughed out, teasing Terry about how he was having troubles with Jack. [color="#0000FF"]"I won't even bother wasting any more ammo on ya."[/color] Then, as Jack slid a finger across her face, she bit the finger as hard as she could. She then laughed as Terry's shot to face caused Jack to stagger back and his finger ripping off. She spat the finger out and laughed at Jack some more as Terry clubbed him and kicked him in the head. She followed Terry out of the maze, waving a little to Plague, [color="#0000FF"]"You can have him.."[/color] She then looked up and over to Sarah, not really giving a d*mn about her shape change, and then to the house where the farmers were attacked. [color="#0000FF"]"Good job on keepin' them safe,"[/color] she simply stated before riding into town with Terry. [color="#00BFFF"]'What the h*ll happened to Sarah? Meh, doesn't matter... Just makes her more useful in battle...'[/color] She then snickered a little as Terry said he was going to his mom's and sister's. [color="#0000FF"]"So much for not being a momma's boy, eh?"[/color] she laughed out as she nonchalantly refilled the 3 empty chambers in her one .45. Her horse then gave out a laugh like nyeh as he spotted Rex, still fast asleep on the ground. Vai simply shook her head as she dismounted her horse and went into the hotel for the night...

"Age caught the vial and looked at it for a while. He then saw both Terry and Vai leaving. [i]Really, they're leaving this to me.[/i] he thought to himself. Plague then threw the vile into the air and hit with his scythe. The vial broke drenching his scythe in the liquid. Plague then walked in front of Jack and held his scythe high in the air. For a moment he looked like the grim reaper, except instead of a skull, some glowing green eyes. "Die." He whispered to Jack. The scythe came down slicing Jack in half vertically. After that Jack dissolved, leaving nothing but an outline of him.

He then got out of the maze and onto his horse. He started to walk when he saw Sarah. She wasn't in the fight because she was protecting the people in there. He rode next to her. "I'm not even going to ask what happened to you, but thank you." Plague told her. He then started to ride toward Thorndale, not even saying the reason behind his thank you.

"Vai...hmph. I don't ever expect her to understand." Terry thought as he turned from the main path and travelled West. Eventually he met an old house, quite pretty. He walked inside to his sister's warm hug. [color="#8B0000"]'Terry, I missed you.' [/color]'I know Rosetta, how's Ma?' [color="#8B0000"]'She still hasn't woken up.'[/color] Rosetta's eye teared slightly. 'Hey, listen, we can't give up.' Terry reassured her. 'I know once this book is complete, she'll be back to normal, just you wait sis.' Terry then hugged his weeping sister. 'Lucifer...you will pay for what you've done to this family.' were the only words Terry could think of. 'Okay, now off to bed, we need to get some rest.' [color="#8B0000"]'Okay, Terry, 'night.'[/color] 'Night 'setta. Sweet dreams.'

[color="#4B0082"]"Don't mention it,"[/color] was Sarah's only response to the other two, before she teleported back to the house where the farmers were previously living their lives. There was nothing that could be done to save the house, but it was the farmers themselves that Sarah was more concerned about. They turned out to be fine nonetheless, but were hesitant to approach Sarah.

[color="#4B0082"]"Relax, just me again,"[/color] Sarah's voice still had a deeper pitch than normal, but was at least recognizable.

"Are you... OK?" one of the farmers asked.

[color="#4B0082"]"Never better,"[/color] Sarah responded, [color="#4B0082"]"You?"[/color]

"We'll manage," the same farmer answered, "Not sure what to do about our home, but we're just glad we're alive."

[color="#4B0082"]"Yeah... sorry to witness what happened to your home,"[/color] Sarah added, [color="#4B0082"]"I should be back into my normal self within the hour. I just hope you never have to see me like this again."[/color]

"Touché," the farmer replied, "Well, you're still welcome to visit us again either way. We'll see ya round,"

With that, Sarah had teleported from the house back to the cemetery where her mother was buried.

Plague reached a hotel, but he didn't go in. Instead he tied a his horse and started to climb on to the building. It was easy for him to get on top. He decided to lay down, and just look at the stars. He started to think, about his family, he felt lonely. After a few minutes of going into deep thought he fell a sleep. But he quickly woke up, it was starting to get cold. So he climbed down, grabbed a blanket from his horse and went right back up. He fell a sleep again, but strangely he didn't take of his mask. He fell a sleep with it.

Next Morning, November 1st.

Rosetta walked up the steps with a piping hot breakfast for her brother. "Hey Terry, here's a- oh." The room was empty, the window opened. Terry had already left for his day job. "I wish he'd have breakfast with his sister once in a while..." Rosetta said to herself, feeling rejected by her brother...

"Ok, I want all of it! In the bag! Now!" A hold up at the bank. Not usual, something was up. But whatever it was it was going to be put to sleep. The horse rode in and Terry jumped off. "This is the place." He saw the crook and *Ke-cheow!* The floor was covered in brain mush.

Vai woke up with a start, a light sweat forming on her forehead. [color="#0000FF"]"T-That dream... No.. That memory..."[/color] she slammed her right fist against the wall as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed.

[spoiler= Vai's Dream]
It was the middle of the night. A 19 year old Vai and her 14 year old brother Johnathan were on top of a small cliff, doing some scouting before they went in for a bounty. [color="#800080"]"Hmmm... Seems clear.. They're all asleep. If we're careful, [i]brother[/i], this should be simple."[/color] [color="#008000"]"H-hey! It was just that one time sis, let it go... I learned my mistake.."[/color] [color="#0000FF"]"I know ya have, brother."[/color] Vai rubbed her brother's head softly before they got closer to the bandit camp. Just as they were to apprehend the bandit, a demon appeared out of no where and attacked the three of them. Many bullets were shot and much blood was shed, but it wasn't the demons....

The next day, Vai woke up to her horse nudging and nyeh-ing her. It was the middle of the day. The bandit laid dead only feet away from her as she coughed up some blood. Vai was badly injured. All her ribs were at least fractured, if not broken. Her one shoulder was dislocated and she was bleeding from just about everywhere. [color="#0000FF"]"W-Where's Johnathan..."[/color] Her horse shook its head... That's where Vai woke up.
[/spoiler]

[color="#0000FF"]"I haven't had that dream since...."[/color] she had to think for a moment, trying to remember when she that dream last, [color="#0000FF"]"... since I joined up with the Lost Ones..."[/color]

"Sarge, the bandit's been taken out." "Let me guess, Terry got to him first?" "Yep" "That's a mess to clean..." Terry walked into the sheriff's office with a corpse of a man that wasmissing half it's head. "I'll take my pay. Half price since he's dead." "Here's your blood money." Terry snatched the cash from the sheriff. "How about brining in some criminals alive?" He taunted. "Because it's not my way." was Terry's blunt reply. He left, kicking through the door. "Right, where now. I'm free all day, so I could just...church. I'll go church."

Once Vai got over the dream, she got dressed and headed down the stairs. When she got to the base of the stairs, she got light headed and dizzy, as if a part of her mind was still caught up in the dream and was experiencing the effects of lack of blood. A concerned, and probably perverted, man ran over to her and asked if she was alright. She staggered slightly and put her hand on the wall. [color="#00BFFF"]'Mind needs to get out of that memory.. NOW!'[/color] She looked to the man and said, [color="#0000FF"]"Hit me. Punch me. Do something!"[/color] The man obviously didn't want to do it. [color="#FF0000"]"DO IT OR I WILL F*CKING KI-"[/color] she was cut off as the man punched her in the jaw and ran off, probably sh*tting his pants as he did so. [color="#0000FF"]"Thanks!"[/color] she yelled out to the man as she rubbed her jaw. Her symptoms were gone as she walked out into the town. [color="#0000FF"]"Dead as always..."[/color] She walked into the church and surprise came over her face. [color="#00BFFF"]'Terry's here? That's a shocker.. Didn't really see him as a... religious man...'[/color] Vai left her hat at the door and walked to where Terry was, sitting next to him with a foot or two between them. [color="#0000FF"]"Hey.."[/color] she simply stated.

It was morning, Plague opened his eyes slowly although it isn't noticed since the mask. He awoke from sleep on the roof of the hotel. [i]What a good sleep, and a free one at that[/i] he thought to himself. He stood up and got down from the building, where he put his blanket on top of the horse. He decided to walk to the church to refill the canteen he had with holy water. He untied his horse and rode it to the church. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Within a few minutes he was at the church. He went inside the church, which is when he noticed that both Terry and Vai were there. [i]Strange, didn't expect them to be religious.[/i] he thought to himself. He ignored anyways, he found a little bowl full of holy water. Plague got his canteen and poured the holy water into it. He quickly got out, making sure that he wasn't noticed by Terry and Vai.

When he got out, a man was standing next to his horse. He had pure black clothing. [color="#FF0000"]"I've been waiting for you"[/color] the man said. Plague just stared at him.[color="#FF0000"] "I have a job for you, but I won't tell you what it is just yet."[/color] he said. Then he threw a rock at Plague's face, but Plague easily dodge it. When he turned to the man, he wasn't there anymore. [i]Strange[/i] Plague thought to himself.

As Vai walked over to Terry, he put his index finger to his lip, indicating to be silent. He then whispered "I'm not the religious type, I'm clearing my head." He said as he moved over, offering her a seat. He then put his hands together and began praying silently. In his thoughts he prayed 'Dear Lord, I know I ain't no saint. And I know I ain't no perfect Christian. But I ask you to please, please protect my sister and my ma. They're all I've got left and I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to 'em. I ain't asking you to kill anyone on sight, but just ward the demons away from the house. It's our only refuge. Amen' As he finished his prayer, the priest then saw the two. He walked over to Terry and asked him "What troubles you, my child?" "Father, it's none of your concerns." "I know. I was a Lost One myself, I can tell by your necklace that you're one of them." Terry recoiled at this response. "F-father?" "I knew O' Riley. In fact, we were good friends. Shame he passed on, but now the Lord's taking care of him." Terry settled down hearing this. O' Riley wasn't his real dad, but he was as close as they'll get. "Thank you father." "I'll leave you with peace and blessings." The priest said to Terry as he made the sign of the cross on him. "And you, what bothers you, my child?" The priest asked Vai...

[spoiler=During the Night][color="#000080"]"This land could use some hydration,"[/color] Leviathan overlooked over the desert lands of Tierra del Diablo, seemingly interested in the small town of Thorndale, [color="#000080"]"We'll see how these humans like a wave of demise,"[/color]

However, he decided against striking just yet. In truth, Leviathan was planning to wait until the night that the full moon would take the sky, and not a moment sooner. Perhaps he'd be at his most powerful at this stage. Whether this was true was unknown, but what truly mattered was that the humans were safe from his wrath... for now.[/spoiler]

Daybreak had come. And all this time, Sarah, who was now in her human form, had slept naked under the stars once again. She appeared to still be asleep on the cemetery grounds, but was actually soaking up the sun's rays, which felt just as soothing on her body as a well executed massage. She wanted to feel this warmth forever, and there seemed to be no reason why she couldn't at least stay here until sundown.

Vai closed her eyes after Terry started praying. She didn't really pray or anything. She mostly sat there, taking in the ambiance of the church and letting it settle her conscious. After Vai was saved from the demon attack that night, Vai always went to a church to calm her down after thinking about that night. Maybe because it was the best place to go to ask for forgiveness from her brother, since there was no body to be buried. Vai was startled for a moment when the priest started talking to her. She opened her eyes and looked at the priest. [color="#0000FF"]"I'm just simply asking for forgiveness from my brother..."[/color] with that, Vai got up and quickly left the church, forgetting to grab her hat in the rush, as she didn't wanting to talk about her past. (FYI, no one knows of Vai's past or anything about her having a brother)

Outside of the local general store in Thorndale, there stood a peculiar midnight black mare which, curiously, was standing there on her own without having been tied to the hitching post which the only other horse, a roan stallion, was tied. Despite her normal appearance, this particular mare seemed to be quite off putting to just about everything around: the stallion there seemed to be trying as hard as he possibly could to get away from the mare, and every person living in that town who passed near the aforementioned mare would find themselves giving her a wide berth without knowing why. To some this was the signal that a peculiar individual was in town, and indeed he was. The black and red clad form of one Gregory Jones was currently standing in front of the counter of the store, the chain wrapped around his waist glittering slightly along its peculiarly smooth surface. He was engaged in purchasing supplies, mostly food, for his next projected voyage into the mountains far in the distance to continue prospecting for iron in the area. So far, the two large saddle bags and the slightly smaller backpack which he had carried into the store were mostly filled with what he required and was steadily filling the space on the counter before him with the payment for each thing which he was either buying or replacing. He would be in the general store for some time now, and probably would wind up encountering someone before he left.

"Well then, I believe that the Lord would- huh?" The priest was speaking to to Vai untill she rushed off. "Oh dear, she forgot her hat." "It's fine, father, I'll take it to her." Terry said as he took thehat. "Bless you Terry." "Father, believe me when I say this, I am not one who derserves a blessing." He said as he walked out . "Vai?" Terry asked as he spotted her just outside the church. He then sat down by her. "Forgiveness from your brother? I didn't know you had a brother. Well, you keep that bottled up now don't you." Terry then opened a locket on his neck. "This is my sis, Rosetta. She deserves a better brother than me. But she doesn't see it like that. She's grateful, which I will never understand."

Plague was still by the church when Terry ans Vai came out. He ignored them, and untied his horse. Strangely he didn't get on, he let it go. "Just make sure you come back" Plague whispered to his horse. Then the horse ran out of town. Plague decided to walk to the general store, since it was only a few minutes away. As he walked people would avoid being close to him. They were scared of him since he wore all black, had a mask, carried a bow, and had a giant scythe on his back. "Oh well, that's the life I chose to live." he mumbled to himself.

After a a few minutes he reached the store. But he didn't go in, instead he sat outside resting for his next job.

It was only a minute or two before Gregory had finished his business and came stepping out of the general store, backpack slung over his shoulders and saddlebags carried with both of his hands. He wasn't particularly well visible from the waist up, but his somewhat rugged face and the feathered leather hat upon his head were visible as he made his way towards his mare, who seemed to become visibly excited and turned parallel to the porch in front of the general store as well as walking up near the steps leading down from it. Greg allowed himself a quiet chuckle as he slung the bags over the mare's back just behind the saddle thereupon before sliding his right foot into the stirrup and swinging himself into the saddle. He hadn't even taken hold of the reins before the mare began trotting off in the direction of the local hotel. As he set along his way, his gaze fell upon the man dressed in all black and carrying a scythe. Rather than the expressions of fear which he might have been used to, the male simply tipped his hat to him and continued along his way. The sense of unease that most who were in the presence of his mare would almost certainly pervade the man in black as horse and rider passed him. It would only take him another minute or two to reach the aforementioned hotel, where he would slide from the saddle, leaving the mare to her own devices as he stepped towards the entrance, his chain clinking quietly against itself as he went.

Vai wiped away a tear as she heard Terry walk out of the church. [color="#0000FF"]"Yeah... I had a brother..."[/color] she sat next to Terry and took her hat, putting it on as the shade hid her eyes. [color="#0000FF"]"Thanks.."[/color] She then looked at the picture of Terry's sister. [color="#0000FF"]"Rosetta? She'll make for a fine wife, I can tell.. And she's grateful cause she still has you... And trust me when I say this... Compared to me... You're an excellent sibling... At least you can keep your little sister safe...."[/color] She hesitated for a few moments, debating rather or not to tell Terry about her brother. [color="#0000FF"]"Well.. I might as well tell ya my story..."[/color] She went on to tell Terry about her brother, Johnathan, was 5 years younger than her and that they lost their parents when she was 9 and he was 4 during a raid of bandits. [color="#0000FF"]"About 5 years later, I took up bandit hunting. I took Johnathan with me, afraid I'd lose him somehow if he left my sights..."[/color] She then continued on to how her and a brother were on a job when she was 19 and he was 14. [color="#0000FF"]"We... We were about to get the bandit when a demon attacked out of no where... Many bullets were shot and much blood was shed, but it wasn't the demons..... The next day, I woke up to my horse nudging me.. I was barely alive... The bandit, wasn't as lucky.. Or maybe he was the lucky one cause he didn't have to suffer the pain from all my injuries... Anyways... Before I passed out, I tried looking for Johnathan.. But there was no sign of him... The only thing I could think that happened was that the demon took him... Ever since I healed up... I've been hunting demons, looking for that d*mn demon who took my brother and find out what happened to him for these past 15 years..."[/color] She wiped a tear away from her eye, [color="#0000FF"]"I failed him... I.. I couldn't protect him... Not even God's forgiveness could make me forgive myself..."[/color]

It wasn't until the sun started to die down that Sarah opened her eyes for the first time today, only to see that she must've rolled over onto her mother's grave, resting her head against the headstone.

[color="#800080"]"Whoops, sorry Mom. Didn't mean to shove my boobs into your face,"[/color] Sarah giggled slightly as she rolled back over on the robe she was lying on before and put it back on, [color="#800080"]"Still far from the worst thing I've ever done to you though,"[/color]

She sighed deeply as she sat up next to her mother's grave. Sarah couldn't think of anything but sorrow as tears start to form into her eyes. All she could think about was the way her mother died... and how [i]she[/i] was responsible for it.

[color="#800080"]"I don't know how many times I keep saying that I'm sorry, but... I just want to let you know that... I really am, and... you forgive me?"[/color] Sarah trailed off for a second there, thinking that she heard her mother's voice, but able to neither confirm nor deny that she heard right, [color="#800080"]"You can't be serious. Not in a million... no... no, it isn't your fault! It's mine! I'm the one that killed... FOR THE LAST F***ING TIME, IT WASN'T A F***ING ACCIDENT!! IT WAS NEVER A F***ING ACCIDENT!!"[/color]

At this time, Sarah couldn't help but cry violently, tears streaming down her cheeks and colliding with the soil above her coffin. For the first time in her life, she [i]wanted[/i] someone to overhear the last few sentences she was screaming out. She [i]wanted[/i] someone to know the agony of her suffering, and feel the pain inside her broken heart. All of a sudden, Sarah collapsed backwards with a thud, hitting her head on a rock on the ground.

[color="#800080"]"Argh, s***! F***ing rock!"[/color] Sarah cursed as she rubbed the back of her head.

"That's tough." Terry said to her. "Well, my story isn't as tragic as your's...or maybe it is, you be the judge." He then took a deep breath. "Ever since Rosetta was born, my older sister, my father had changed. He became dark. In fact, to such an extent he actually branded my mother and Rosetta. And when I was born..." He lifted his shirt, exposing his back. "The 69 number. He claims I'm his 69th creation. Rosetta had a 46 and my mother had a 0. He was a blacksmith, which he branded his items with a number. Well, he beat us all when I was young and it got much worse. But then O' Riley stood at my doorway and handed me my shotgun. And then, let's say number 69 was rogue. Anyway, my mother collapsed into a coma once she saw this. Never woken up since. O' Riley took me then, leaving Rosetta on her own. He trained me into a new him. But better. O' Riley was my real father. Eventually I returned to my sister. But she wasn't angry I abandonded her...well, anyway, since then we've been trying to get my ma up. But O' Riley told me one thing. Lucifer caused my father's insanity and when he is slain my mother shall return to this world." He then took of his hat in a sign of respect to his foster father and mentor. "So, when you say she has a better sibling, that's not true. I left her on my own free will. She grew up alone. But she never called me on it. Not once..."

[color="#0000FF"]"What's important is that you returned to her on your own free will and freed both her and your mother from your father.."[/color] She adjusted her hat a little. [color="#0000FF"]"I'm not saying that you're life wasn't bad, I'm just trying to point out why your sister isn't mad at you.. Or at least, doesn't seem like it."[/color] She leaned back against the wall, watching her own black horse walk over to the stranger's midnight-black mare and tried conversing with it. [color="#0000FF"]"My horse.. He can be lazy at times... But I wouldn't trade him for any other horse.. I owe my life to him as much as he owes his to me..."[/color] She then stood up. [color="#0000FF"]"I got some... parts to sell. Want to come with?"[/color] She held her hand put to Terry, offering to help him up.

As Vai offered to help Terry up he was reluctant. He always felt like a solo guy, but he took the help. "Thanks. And as for your horse, as lazy as it is it has it's perks. It's coat's nicer than mine." He pointed to his horse. "I got him cheap, killed his owner. Supposedly the most aggresive kind of horse, suited my style." He then whistled it over to him and hopped on his horse, saying to Vai "Let's get this over with, I've got a drink with your name on it.". He smilled as he rubbed his horses head. It was gentle with Terry, but was very aggresive to everyone else, including Vai. "Keep away from him, he'll go straight for you. Personal Space issues." He joked as he began to ride off at a gentle pace so Vai would easily catch up.

[color="#0000FF"]"You'd be surprised how medicinal demon blood can be for skin, coats, fur, etc.."[/color] She too got on her horse and and easily caught up with Terry. [color="#0000FF"]"Follow me."[/color] She started to ride off to the east. [color="#0000FF"]"There's a small building I go to to sell... parts. Tell me Terry... Why do you think I'm called The Raven?"[/color] After listening to what he would say about her question, she simply stated, [color="#0000FF"]"The raven is a scavenger.. Its feeds off of parts of meat that have been left behind.... I'm fairly similar to a raven... Except, rather than eat the parts of demons left behind after a kill.. I harvest certain parts and sell them. Some people think they give them power when digested, some think its great for medicine. Doesn't really matter to me what people do to the parts, just as long as I get paid for it.."[/color] She looked back at Terry, smiling a little, as she looked at Terry's expression. [color="#0000FF"]"Never waist a gift.. That's what I always say.."[/color] she said as she looked back towards the direction they were going.

Archived