☠Tierra del Diablo☠: An Original RP

Kyng's Old Account

"The Raven...tricky one. Maybe because you use it to intimidate your "prey"? I don't know. Never really knew much about them, 'cause I'm more used to vultures." Terry said to Vai. Then after she explained the true reason he added "Like a vulture? Never mind. I suppose my accolade is a no brainer. The Casket? Please, an idiot could guess. That's where I put my victims."...

The sun was at it's peak. Midday has struck the County.

As the duo arrived at the building Terry waited outside. "Unless you want backup, I'll stay put. The less we know of our secret lives outside the Lost Ones, the better. Especially when you're dealing with demon parts for money."

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gregory had since left the hotel in which he had been staying and was, currently, standing with his back to the entrance to the only graveyard possessed by the town of Thorndale, a cigarette in his mouth as he stared down the street of the small town, briefly noting the only horse that seemed to have the balls to get near Lexanna. A quiet chuckle escaped his throat, only to be interrupted by screaming which he heard from behind him which he turned about, curious to discover the source. Imagine his surprise when he found a woman not much older than him laying on the ground dressed in a robe and rubbing the back of her head after an impact with a rock behind her. He found himself instinctively gripping the revolver in the holster on his right thigh as he made his way a bit closer to her, keeping quiet but not seeming to bother hiding himself, as far as he could tell she wasn't armed so he was not particularly worried. What DID concern him was the fact that she had been in the graveyard and, apparently, been lying near one of the graves. For the moment, he found no reason to say anything and just stood there, watching.

As Plague sat in front of the general store, he saw the man from earlier. [i]It's him[/i] he thought to himself. So he stood up and ran towards the man. He ran recklessly though, the man saw him and started to run away. "Dam" Plague mumbled. He chased after him, but within a few seconds he lost sight of the man. "Where did he go?" he said.

[color="#FF0000"]"Over here"[/color] the man said mocking Plague. Plague looked up and saw that the man was standing on the roof of a building. He followed as he climbed the building.[color="#FF0000"] "Oh come on, you got to be faster than that." [/color]the man said still mocking him. He had a giant smile on his face that looked unnatural.

"Get back here" Plague yelled. They started to run on top of the buildings jumping from one building to another. The people there saw them, and commotion started. "This is getting tiresome" Plague yelled. He got his scythe from his back a threw it toward the man. It was easy to tell that the man was on Plague's nerves. He wasn't thinking correctly, Plague had a bow with him, but didn't use it. The scythe went flying straight toward the man, it looked as if it was going to shop him in half. Then the man turned and caught the the scythe using only one hand. He didn't get it from the snatch. He caught it from the blade, the sharp part to be more exact. [color="#FF0000"]"Hehehehe, thats a cheap shot"[/color] the man said.

"What...what are you" Plague said.

[color="#0000FF"]"Alright.. I won't take long. Since we killed Jack last night, there wasn't anything to harvest. I won't be long."[/color] She slid off her horse and took a small sack out of one of the saddle bags. [color="#0000FF"]"And yes, I guess you can say I'm like a vulture. I just prefer raven. More elegant."[/color] With that, she slipped into the small building. It was quiet for a while but eventually, voices could be heard from within the building. Not long after, 3 shots were heard and a man was thrown through a wall. The man began to sear, as Vai stepped out the hole. [color="#800080"]"Poor, poor bastards... That's what you get for signing a deal with the devil.."[/color] After letting the man suffer for a little bit more, she put him out of his misery, [color="#0000FF"]"May God have mercy on your tainted souls..."[/color] She walked over to her horse and got on. [color="#0000FF"]"C'mon, lets head back to town. My business for the day is done.."[/color] she snapped the reins slightly, making her horse head to town without waiting for Terry to even ask what happened. [color="#0000FF"]"Lord have mercy for the sheep have strayed from the flock. Forgive what they did, Father, for they know not of what they did..."[/color]

"So, I'll take it that went well." Terry said to Vai as she rode off. He hopped on his horse and took after her, hearing her prayer. "That's rich, coming from the woman who's selling the tainted stuff to them." Terry commented. "I'm going home, got a dinner waiting for me. You are welcome to join me if you'd like." He said to her as he rode of into the desert. It seemed he was travelling in the middle of nowhere and yet he knew where he was. As he got off the horse he knocked on the door. "Setta, it's me." "Terry!" Rosetta gave her brother a long hug. "Your dinner's ready inside. You going out again?" "I'll find out."

She looked back at Terry as he made his comment. [color="#0000FF"]"Those that buy it, use it for good, or are addicted to it one way or another. So I can either kill a demon and protect a human and save countless lives, or let themselves get killed by trying to get what they want..."[/color] She stopped her horse as Terry offered dinner. [color="#0000FF"]"Take... Take part in a family dinner? I... haven't been in one in 15 years..."[/color] She stared at the back of her horse's head, debating on going or not. [color="#0000FF"]"I... I guess.. I mean, you're not dead so the food must be safe."[/color] She chuckled a little as she followed Terry. She left her horse next to Terry's and stood behind him, to the side. After Rosetta finished hugging her brother, she lifted her hat in greetings. [color="#0000FF"]"Evening.. I hope I won't be a bother tonight.."[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]"That's something you don't need to know"[/color] the man said. He then let the scythe drop to the floor. He smiled again with a very unnatural smile. Plague was now completely irritated. He ran toward the man and punched, but missed. The man jumped back, he was on the edge of a building. There was no other building to jump to, what was worse for the man was that it was a 2 story building. Plague picked up his scythe and held it ready to throw it again. [color="#FF0000"]"Well, if you want the job that bad you can have it"[/color] the man said. He then reached into his pocket and got a letter, which he threw at Plague. It was going fast, it looked as if it could cut someone, so Plague put the snatch of hid scythe in the way. The letter stab into the scythe. "What the f***" Plague said.

[color="#FF0000"]"Now, now. I'm warning you don't open that."[/color] the man said. He then jumped of while giving a crazy laugh. Plague ran to the edge, but what he saw confused him. The man was nowhere to be seen. Plague then got the letter from his scythe, it was very decorated. He didn't open though, he didn't whether to or not. So he decided to rest, so he could calm down and think more straight. HE went to the hotel and once again went on the roof, where he rested until nightfall.

"Of course not, please do come in. I didn't realise we were having a guest. I would've done some more food..." Rosetta said. "Here." Terry dropped a huge bag of cash on the coffee table. "This'll keep us fine for a while." "Thank you so much Terry." Rosetta thanked her brother. "My name is Rosetta, may I know your's?" she asked Vai. "Her name is Vai." Terry said to Rosetta. "Oh, Vai, a unqiue name in these parts. Would you like me to rustle you up some food?" Then Terry walked upstairs. "He's going to see how Mama's doing. She's in a coma."

Upstairs, Terry was holding his mother's hand and sitting in the chair. "Hey Mama. I'm sorry that you're like this. Please wake up when you can."

She opened her mouth to tell Rosetta her name, but Terry beat her to it. She glared at him for a second but got over it. [color="#0000FF"]"If you wish to, Rosetta. It was rude enough for me to come over unexpectedly. I don't want to be even more rude to make ya work more than ya need to for little ole me."[/color] Vai stepped into the house after knocking the dirt off of the soles. She took her hat off and rested it somewhere out of the way. [color="#0000FF"]"At least let me help you, if you're going to rustle me up some food..."[/color] She watched Terry climb the stairs and nodded at Rosetta's comment about their mother. [color="#0000FF"]"I'm sorry for your's, Terry's and your mother's misery.."[/color] Her horse let out a loud nyeh. [color="#0000FF"]"Oh shush, you! Go eat some grass over yonder! Forgive him, he's cranky when he's hungry. I'll feed him more food once I return to town.."[/color]

"Oh! Of course!" Rosetta said as she chuckled. "Isn't it strange? It's like you and that horse are bonded like best friends." then she walked into the kitchen as said "Now now, you are the guest. And that means you sit up and relax. It won't take me a second, don't worry." She then pushed Vai onto the sofa. "Terry, come on. Mama won't be down for a while. Come keep your friend company." and as she stopped Terry's foot could be seen at the stairs. He then hugged his sister and...and cried? "Shh...shh...it wasn't your fault." "It-it was, she collapsed bec-ause of what I did!" "Shh...it's ok." Terry then wiped his tears. "I miss her so much." "I know. Come on, just relax. I've made some scrumptious pie!" Rosetta said as she waltzed into the kitchen. "I'm sorry you saw me like that." Terry said to Vai.

[color="#0000FF"]"Well, he has saved my life and I his.."[/color] she was talking about the bond her and her horse had. [color="#0000FF"]"Besides, he's been the only thing keeping me sane while I babysit your brother,"[/color] she chuckled at that little joke of his. [color="#00BFFF"]'That... and he keeps me from being swallowed up by my own grie-'[/color] her thought was cut off as Rosetta shoved her onto the couch. [color="#0000FF"]"Uh.... Okay..."[/color] [color="#00BFFF"]'Friend? HA! Funny.. Acquaintances, at best...'[/color] She looked away as Terry had his little scene, not wanting to be rude. [color="#0000FF"]"It's fine... That was just pay back for me going all soft on you earlier," [color="#000000"]she winked to him with a smile, showing that the scene he just had didn't really bother her.[/color] "Very awkward, ain't it? Watching someone ya hardly know go all soft and sh*t on ya, telling ya their life story..."[/color] she said with a laugh.

"Tell me about it." Terry said in responseto Vai's statement. "And one more thing Vai? This never happened. This visit never happened. As far as the world is concerened Rosetta is dead and buried. It was the only way I could keep er safe." "Dinner!" Rosetta shouted. She brought in three medium sized pies, rich in flavour. "Mmm! I like it! Terry?" "Hmm?" Oh, yeah , it's nice sis." Rosetta smiled at him as he enjoyed his dinner. "So Vai, why don't you tell me about yourself?" Rosetta asked. Terry watched the clock for some reason.

She nodded to Terry as she said this never happened. [color="#00BFFF"]'I probably should have done that.. Instead of take Johnathan with me on jobs...'[/color] [color="#0000FF"]"MMMMM! Its so good! I haven't had a homemade meal in... 15 years! And by homemade, I mean food cooked with love..."[/color] It took Vai all she could do to keep from drooling. She then heard her horse nyeh again. [color="#0000FF"]"Oh c'mon! Ya d*mned horse, why should I?!"[/color] He nyeh-ed again. [color="#0000FF"]"..... Fine! [size="1"]D*mned horse...[/size] I'll save ya freakin' piece!"[/color] She grumbled a little before she looked Terry directly in the eye, [color="#0000FF"]"And not a d*mn word out of you, ya understand?[/color]" She couldn't keep a straight face for long before she started laughing. [color="#0000FF"]"I swear, its hard telling who's in control sometimes. Hahahaha!"[/color] She was referring to her and her horse. Rosetta then asked her about Vai. [color="#0000FF"]"M-Me?"[/color] she was cut off guard by this. No one really asked Vai to talk about herself. [color="#0000FF"]"W-well... There's really not much to me... If I had to describe myself in one word... I'd probably go with the word failure.."[/color] she looked away from the two siblings and towards the floor. After a few moments passed, she said, [color="#0000FF"]"Sorry if I ruined the evening with that last bit..."[/color] She then noticed Terry watching the clock. [color="#00BFFF"]'Why is he just staring at the clock? Is the time off or something?'[/color]

OoC Note to Ketodama: She's younger than you, not older

[color="#800080"]'Damn it, someone was here the whole time,'[/color] Sarah thought to herself as she saw a man a short distance away, and suspected that the man had actually been there the duration that she was weeping, [color="#800080"]'He better not have seen me naked.'[/color]

She then saw the man, just... standing there. He didn't say a damned thing, and this seemed to strongly concern Sarah.

[color="#800080"]"You must think I've gone delirious, don't you?"[/color] she asked.

OOC: Whoops, when there's only two female characters someone can get confused sometimes.

The man shook his head slightly, briefly removing the cigarette from his mouth, exhaling a long puff of smoke as he brought his pale brown eyes to lock with the girl's. He removed his hand from his pistol and moved it into his coat, before removing a hand-rolled cigarette from one of the pouches inside and offering it to her.

"Truth be told," he began, his voice a little gruff and bearing a thick Texan accent, "I dunno anythin' 'bout ya so I'm not gonna make any judgements. By the way, want a smoke?" He popped the already lit cigarette back into his mouth as he remained holding out the other to the girl with his right hand. From where she sat, Sarah might just be able to read the inscriptions upon the chain wrapped around Gregory's belt. "Plecto Aliquem Capite In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" they all read, written once on each and every link of chain. She would not be able to see the large cargo hook attached to it, as that was behind his back and beneath his coat. Despite the suspicion obvious in his eyes, Sarah would get the feeling that she could trust the man not to harm her in any way.

[color="#800080"]"Sorry, but I'm gonna have to decline,"[/color] Sarah stated curtly, [color="#800080"]"I have a big enough problem with alcohol, I don't [i]need[/i] anything else to poison my body with. Then again, that's the least of my concerns."[/color]

She took a small bottle out of her pocket and observed it, suddenly remembering that she had grabbed several of such bottles from the saloon earlier. This particular one seemed to contain grenadine. Sarah shrugged her shoulders, before opening and drinking the entire bottle, strangely finding the contents inside to her liking.

[color="#800080"]"Hmph, not bad at all,"[/color] Sarah said in a tone of enlightenment, before turning to Greg, [color="#800080"]"You should try some sometime, I've got plenty more. So um... what's with the chain?"[/color]

Meanwhile, far away from the small town of Thorndale, Leviathan was gazing at the beautiful sunset in the horizon. However, his gaze was cut off as he was also able to hear Sarah's screaming. Leviathan quickly turn his attention to the graveyard. This in turn "rewarded" him with a sighting of Sarah and Greg, who seemed to now be conversing with each other, whilst he was still far away enough to remain unseen by either of the two.

[color="#000080"]'So this is the girl who acquired Ifrit's powers?'[/color] Leviathan asked himself in thought, [color="#000080"]'In that case, she'll be my first target. And with her gone, the Lost Ones won't stand a chance!"[/color]

Gregory simply nodded his head slightly, understanding the woman's argument in opposition of her smoking and returning the unlit cigarette to the pouch from which it had been removed. Letting a long puff of smoke out through his nostrils, he continued to go on with his cigarette as the woman before him delved into the beverage which she had chosen at that moment. As she asked her question regarding his chain, he found his right hand gripping onto the shining creation of metal which bore so much of his own history in it.

"That is particularly long story," he began, removing the exhausted cigarette from his mouth and placing it within a separate pouch on his coat used for just such a purpose when he didn't want to just toss the butt end on the ground, "which I ain't particularly used to relatin'. Suffice it to say that this chain is a weapon against those wicked ones whom the Lord sees fit to deliver into my hands." Just as he finished his statement, the mare whom he had ridden into town on approached from behind him, snorting to get his attention. Her arrival put him on edge, as the horse seemed to have a "sixth sense" of sorts for danger. He turned his head back towards her in time to see the mare gesturing towards the edge of town. He turned his gaze off in that direction, perhaps just able to catch a glimpse of Leviathan.

"Alright...somethin's up."

"You aren't a failure." Rosetta said to Vai. "I know what you do for us at night. The demons. You are if anything a hero." She then patted her on the back. "I'm in your debt. All of your debt. And so is the rest of the world." She then took her plate and walked over to Vai's horse. "I'll feed him. Ever since the incident I never could eat as much." She then closed the door behind her and walked to the horse to feed him, stroking it. Terry then looked back to Vai. "I'm sorry about your brother Vai. I know bringing you here would remind you of it. And I promise you I'll help get him back no matter what. And in case you didn't notice, I never break a promise." He looked at her seriously into her eyes. Then Rosetta came back indoors with an empty plate. "He sure is hungry! Listen, Vai, I was wndering if you don't have a place to stay, you could sleep here. This place is a protected land. No-one has ever found it. And I'll give you better acomodations than any hotel in the area for free. What do you say?" Terry looked at his sister and sighed. "I'm sure she has a place to sleep 'Setta."

She turned and listened to Rosetta. [color="#00BFFF"]'Me? A hero? If anything.. I'm a monster that's just as, if not worse than, any demon out there..'[/color] She then watched Rosetta leave the house to feed her horse, [color="#0000FF"]"Thanks..."[/color] She looked at Terry as he made his promise. [color="#0000FF"]"Look... You don't have to promise me anything... If anything... The best result I'll get is that the demon confirms they ate him before I blow his head off..."[/color] She played with her food a little bit with the fork as she simply stared at it. [color="#0000FF"]"And everything reminds me of my brother.... Everything..."[/color] She let out a small sigh, just before Rosetta walked in. [color="#0000FF"]"No... I've already gotten more than I deserve with that meal... Thank you very much.. Both of you.."[/color] with that, she took another bite of her food before putting what was left on a napkin and walked out, grabbing her hat this time.

As her and her horse entered town, he let out a nyeh. [color="#0000FF"]"Yeah.. That was really good food.."[/color] He nyeh-d again. [color="#0000FF"]"You know why I don't cook like that anymore.. Gotta have love to put in the dish first, not pain and misery..."[/color] Her horse nyeh-d once more, but shaking his head this time. [color="#0000FF"]"Oh shush you! You miss him too!"[/color] She stopped at the tavern and got off her horse, [color="#0000FF"]"Now listen! You have free roam, like always, but if you get into any trouble, that's your own issue.. Alright? Cya in a few.."[/color] Her horse nodded as she walked into the tavern. She sat in a dark corner, keeping her hat on this time, as she ordered a bottle of their best stuff....

As Vai left the house Rosetta turned to Terry. "I'll take it you are going soon..." Terry looked out the window. The sun was almost setting. "Yeah...I wish I could stay." "It's ok, maybe one day you will be able to spend a whole day with your big sis." Terry turned to Rosetta who was smiling, but truely was upset. "Listen, I promise that I'll treat you to a night on the town, just you and me, brother and sister, okay?" "You promise?" "I promise." Rosetta then smilled as she grabbed his shotgun, tossing it to him. "Then go make O' Riley proud!"

By sundown Terry was in the basement where the Lost Ones met every night. He looked at O' Riley's book. "Who is it tonight?"

By time Terry arrived to the tavern, Vai was partially drunk as most of the bottle she ordered was gone. She downed what was left in the bottle and went downstairs, after paying for the bottle. She stopped in the door, holding onto the frame as she got slightly dizzy. She shook it off and walked to Terry. [color="#0000FF"]"Ya really should take a night off some night... We can handle ourselves for a night.. Well, at least I can."[/color] She yawned as she took a seat. [color="#0000FF"]"Ya know.. That way you can spend some time 'relaxing..'"[/color] she said relaxing different in just a slight way, hoping Terry would catch on to her referring to him spending time with his sister. [color="#0000FF"]"I know I wished I 'relaxed' more when I was younger... Anyways... Which demon we hunting tonight?"[/color]

Plague got down from the roof. When he got the hi horse was returning already. He waited for it and gave it some water. After which he want basement where the Lost Ones meat every night. IT took a few minutes because he wasn't riding his horse, he was letting it rest fro its day of exploring. When he got to the basement he did what he always did, walk past everyone without saying anything. He then leaned against the wall thinking about the incident that happened to him today. He wasn't sure whether open the letter or leave it closed.

Leviathan continued to bide for time, despite disliking having been 'detected' this easily. He seemed to recognize the mare that had suddenly accompanied Sarah and Gregory, who seemed to have a knack for sensing demonic activity.

[color="#000080"]"Damn it, forgot about that b****,"[/color] Leviathan cursed to himself.

Meanwhile, back at the graveyard, Sarah had grown worried. She couldn't see as far into the yonder as Greg could, and thus couldn't confirm or deny that Leviathan was actually there. But she certainly recognized the possibility. After all, Leviathan [i]was[/i] one of the few demons that would allow themselves to be seen during the day. Sarah could only hope she was wrong.

[color="#800080"]"I'll... just... go on ahead and... warn the others,"[/color] Sarah spoke somewhat hesitantly, [color="#800080"]"You keep an eye out. Oh, and if there [i]is[/i] a demon out there, make sure it doesn't get to Thorndale."[/color]

Sarah teleported to the basement of the saloon, just in time to hear Vai ask Terry what they were hunting tonight. She then searched frantically throughout the nearby calendar, audibly praying that there wasn't meant to be a full moon out there. It was at this time that Leviathan was rumoured to be at his most powerful, and after what the Lost Ones had done to Jack O'Lantern, it wouldn't surprise her that Leviathan would take all the pre-cautions he could get.

"Leviathan." Terry said, revealing the book that Leviathan's page glowed a light blue. "He's a lord of ell, a vicious one at that, rumoured to become unmatchably powerful in thee presence of the full moon. And check it out." He pulled back the small window, the only airhole in the basement. "Full moon." He then sat back down and read through O' Riley's information upon the creature. "Hello Plague and Sarah, nice timing." He quickly added before he explained their plan of action. "Now then, he's a behemoth, but that doesn't mean he's invincible. Every hit counts, so let's get them as close to the head as possible." Then he drank some cider as he continued. "Sarah, you are going to have to go giant and keep him busy so Plague, you can finish him off..." He opened a drawer and pulled out an arrow. "...with this. A solid titanium arrow, drenched in both holy water and gasoline. This puppy will fry him to pieces." Then he said to Vai "If I took a day off, O' Riley would spin in his grave. He couldn't trust anyone of you to look after his stuff...but, I suppose one night couldn't hurt, right? Tomorrow I am off duty. And Vai, you'll take my place for tomorrow night. Now, any questions?" He said as he checked Sarah out. "Hmph, didn't realise her "perks" since that whole magic incident." he thought to himself.

Sarah was undeniably shocked that the full moon was out. But hearing Terry's plan of attack seemed to calm her down, and instil confidence in her. She wasn't one to let people down if she could help it.

[color="#800080"]"I think I know where he might be,"[/color] she stated, [color="#800080"]"I was at the graveyard talking to this guy with a chain wrapped around him, when all of a sudden he was looking east, and saying that something wasn't right. Leviathan must be somewhere east of the graveyard, maybe miles away. I need you guys to started heading there now. I should be waiting for you."[/color]

With that, Sarah teleported to where she suspected Leviathan might be, suddenly learning that she managed to stop him in his tracks. It was hard to deny that he was closing in on Thorndale, figuring now was the time to strike.

[color="#000080"]"You're too late, foolish girl,"[/color] Leviathan goaded, [color="#000080"]"The full moon has already risen to the sky."[/color]

[color="#800080"]"So you bided your time just like the rest of those god-damned night hogs,"[/color] Sarah retorted, [color="#800080"]"Nice. Good to know none of you are ballsy enough run around after us while the sun shines!"[/color]

[color="#000080"]"There's a fine line between cowardice and caution!"[/color] Leviathan spat, [color="#000080"]"What, you think I'd fall the same way Jack did?! He was only slain because he underestimated the lot of you! I only needn't be so reckless as he was, and I shall reign victorious over your pathetic attempts to defend your people!"[/color]

[color="#800080"]"Bring it!"[/color] As soon as she said this, Sarah transformed into her fiery giantess form, and immediately started battling Leviathan. She started by hurling a bunch of fireballs at his face. Leviathan retaliated with a blast of water being sprayed from his mouth, which Sarah was quick to dodge, before she launched a couple streams of fire.

Archived