Yugioh OCG Ban List September 1st 2011

[url="http://www.cashforgamers.com/blog/2011/08/yugioh-ocg-ban-list-september-1st-2011/"]http://www.cashforgamers.com/blog/2011/08/yugioh-ocg-ban-list-september-1st-2011/[/url]

Banned:
Giant Trunade
Treeborn Frog

Limited:
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Formula Synchron
Black Luster Solider – Envoy of the Beginning

Semi-Limited:
Pot of Duality
Pot of Avarice
Dimensional Prison

No Longer Limited:
Mystical Space Typhoon
Overload Fusion
Icarus Attack

Could this be real?
If not, discuss this list.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLS sounds like BS to me.

No Six Samurai- related changes
No Lonefire change while only a small Pot of Avarice change
As said above: No Future Fusion change
Why is Trunade banned? I haven't even seen it get played for a while.
No Fish-related changes

I call BS

[quote name='THE GOD OF OSIRIS' timestamp='1312871870' post='5427046']
We're not going to have the banlist until the next issue of V-Jump is released, so this is fake.

Also Trunade is definitely a bannable card idk what the people above me are talking about
[/quote]

Oh, I agree Trunade is silly since it's only used to promote OTK plays since anything else with it is dumb but I just don't want our only reliable forms of generic s/t clearing/removal being MST and Dust Tornado.

[quote name='THE GOD OF OSIRIS' timestamp='1312871870' post='5427046']
We're not going to have the banlist until the next issue of V-Jump is released, so this is fake.

Also Trunade is definitely a bannable card idk what the people above me are talking about
[/quote]

It is bannable, but I merely stated I haven't seen it played as much lately at least around me. If its like that outside my area too, then I don't think Konami would actually touch it.
This is about thinking what Konami would do, nothing more.

noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first heavy storm then giant trunade?! *die* hell i know i seen tons of play of trunade but still... why BLS will come to limit for??? chaos deck then? POA?? <_< well at most people need 2 of it doesn't really make much a difference. it's almost like they're trying to hinder some plays with PoA and PoD but just barely. Icarus attack and overload fusion is somewhat understandable but not certain. hyper librarian is expected of course as for formula i guess it would be ok but normally alot of ppl have it at 2 but oh well.

[quote name='THE GOD OF OSIRIS' timestamp='1312872453' post='5427059']
Bro, this is fake.
[/quote]
[quote name='sleepy' timestamp='1312872460' post='5427060']
Looking at the list again, why would Dimensional Prison even be there for?
[/quote]

well it better be other i will raeg because of giant trunade <_<

This list is laughable. Now, I'm sure if some of the changes occur, it'll be brought up. But last format, even the most likely list turned out to be completely false.

1) Treeborn banned? Hmm...I dont think so. It's possible, but I wouldn't believe it. Fishborg Blaster is more detrimental, and Monarchs aren't that rampant.

2) Trunade banned? Unlikely.

3) Librarian being limited is one of those "it should happen, and a fake list uses it as credentials of its realism"

4) Formula limited. I can see it happening, don't want it to happen, but don't believe it's true.

5) Black Luster Envoy Unbanned? LMAO. That won't happen. Don't quote me if it does, but seriously, why would they unban one of the most broken cards in the game? Is that their solution to how Six Sams (which are conspicuously untouched) are broken?

Semis are stupid and ineffectual at hindering the decks using those cards.

D-Prison's there because a person on DN was talking about how broken it is because it RFGs.

I main x2 MST and side 1 Dust Tornado and 1 Nobleman of Extermination, if NoE pops something like Seven Tools or Dimensional Prison its real nice.

More OT: Seems unofficial, but has good choices, Hyper Librarian at 1 is fair, same with Formula Synchron, since those 2 are some of the biggest contributors to Synchrobullshit. Duality at 2 seems kinda unneeded, people are going to run it at 2 now, okay. Icarus at 3 would be a nice buff to Blackwings, that poor deck has been raped by the banlist over and over. MST @ 3 is a good thing, Overload at 3 is silly. Treeborn and Trunade seems fine, Trunade is too much of a "Play this go for game" kind of luck draw. Dimensional at 2 is okay for me, I only run it at 2 anyways. Black Luster @ 1 would be so good for me, I pulled one out of Gold Series 4 and I run Lightsworns that side into Chaossworn.

tl;dr Its def. not real but part of me wishes it was

"
[b] Yugioh OCG Ban List Follow Up – Why We Think Konami Did What They Did[/b]

Posted on [url="http://www.cashforgamers.com/blog/2011/08/yugioh-ocg-ban-list-follow-up-why-we-think-konami-did-what-they-did/"]August 9, 2011[/url] by [url="http://www.cashforgamers.com/blog/author/admin/"]admin[/url]
As you may have read in our previous blog post, the Yugioh OCG Ban List has been posted. For those who haven’t seen it yet, here’s a link [url="http://www.cashforgamers.com/blog/2011/08/yugioh-ocg-ban-list-september-1st-2011/"]OCG Ban List[/url].
[b]Banned:[/b]
[i]Giant Trunade[/i] – The card is very sacky. It gives support to OTK style decks and is really just a win condition nowadays. Basically, it has all the factors Konami hates.
[i]Treeborn Frog – [/i]The culprit for speedy level one synchros and constantly abused with enemy controller, this card deserves to be banned (especially with all the aqua support coming next set).
[b]Limited:[/b]
[i]T.G. Hyper Librarian[/i] – I don’t think we really have to explain this one.
[i]Formula Synchron[/i] – A highly abused card. With so many easy ways to synchro for a level 2 this format without using a normal summon, this card needs to be limited. Also lowers the chances of successfully summoning Shooting Quasar Dragon, which is pretty much gg if anyone does.
[i]Black Luster Solider – Envoy of the Beginning[/i] – Honestly, BLS pales in comparison to Chaos Emperor Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon, JD, and all the other power cards we’ve seen throughout Yugioh. He’s just a slightly better Chaos Sorcerer, and with so many cards that can stop him this format (Solemn Warning, Bottomless, Ryko, etc.), we think he can be at one =).
[b]Semi-Limited:[/b]
[i]Pot of Duality[/i] – Limited to slow down anti-meta decks. Simple as that.
Pot of Avarice – The card rewards players who are losing by refueling their deck with great monster cards and allowing them to draw 2. Losers shouldn’t get rewards….
[i]Dimensional Prison[/i] – The newest popular staple in almost every deck, the card needs to be hit to create some more diversity. Same story as Bottomless Trap Hole.
[b]No Longer Limited:[/b]
[i]Mystical Space Typhoon[/i] – With Trunade and Storm gone, it would be silly for them not give us this.
[i]Overload Fusion[/i] – We never really saw why this card was broken. The only sensible targets that are available are Chimeratech Overdragon and Gatling Dragon.
[i]Icarus Attack[/i] – We took away their whirlwind, kalut, and now they have to run 1 less Pot of Duality. I think we can let them have Icarus back yeah?"

LOL

[quote name='THE GOD OF OSIRIS' timestamp='1312872572' post='5427065']
Okay, idg how moonseak works, Pot of Duality is also listed without its full kanji name (it's just 謙虚な壺 which I assume is Duality).

:S

anyways trying to decipher what else is on the list
[/quote]
List also has a BF in the list for Limited, and Gale and Kalut are there, soooooo...

[quote name='Ravenous Black' timestamp='1312872717' post='5427069']
List also has a BF in the list for Limited, and Gale and Kalut are there, soooooo...
[/quote]

I said this earlier, it's Vayu.

what the hell is the OR thing in semilimited

Archived