Maigo Keishi (Lost Heir): Orig. RP. [IC/Started/Accepting]

Elƒie

"And yet you called him lord?" Donna noted, "that seems an odd way to address someone who merely may have something to do with a 'feeling', or is there some Valkyrie thing that means you need to have some authority figure?" She turned to the ghost. "I suppose you can call me Donna - both of you. We met when the boy buried his mother. I was in the tree."

She paused, turning and watching Alliaster. "I only found him by following rumours, but I find this boy intriguing. I was in this land before, a long time ago, and I knew his father. We weren't close, but I knew him well enough that I would like to see how well that man's son can do in life."[i] [/i]

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stornia glared at the woman again, [color=#0000CD]"Not at all" [/color]she told her, [color=#0000CD]"He is the prince, so that is his title, is it not?" [/color]she asked rhetorically, [color=#0000CD]"Now please stop bothering me" [/color]she told the woman, and began to block out the sound around her and kept walking, and waiting for them to get to the castle, she gripped her swords in the case that anything tried to attack, but relaxed after a bit, and loosened her grip on her swords, [color=#40E0D0][i]'What horrible company, I hope Alliaster reclaims the throne soon, I don't know if I can resist killing these people for a lot longer!' [/i][/color]she though as she did so and began shaking her head.

Luna woke up to a loud voice, presumably from an argument happening outside of the house. [color=#4b0082]'Wow, some of these people have worse tempers than Keiz himself...'[/color] Her head slightly drooped at the thought of Keiz; although she was now technically against him, she couldn't bring herself to have feelings of disdain towards him. She got out of the bed in a manner that suggested she was less-than-well rested, then put on a new set of clothes, now going with a hooded robe instead of her usual light armament. She stretched her arms out and yawned, then started walking down the stairs towards the kitchen. The house had a saddened atmosphere to it.

Alliaster listened to the group and could feel the tension in the air. He was happy that these people joined up with him, but he was also frowning within his mind, hoping he wasn't going to have to babysit these people. After Stornia gave her answer, he could feel the tension tighten. He suddenly stopped walking and turned to the people. [color=#008080]"Listen.. I'm grateful that you're all coming with me... But if we can't be rid of this tension, this lack of trust, and lack of anything else, we won't last in our travels. We'll be shredded apart if we were ambushed with a well organized group.. Individually, we're strong, but that won't help us as a group in the long run.. I understand that trust won't form right away.. But if we all can atleast relax about who we're traveling with, that'll be great.."[/color] With that note, Alliaster turned around and went back to walking.

Akarui was not pleased that Alliaster [u][b]had ignored him[/b][/u], he had left the house before the group and was already on his way towards the castle "(If they do manage to catch up to me, which is very unlikely, I will force them to stop and explain my plan, brutal to myself as it is, I would challenge Keiz myself and not use my full strength, in hopes that he will kill me, heheh, but of course, things aren't always as they seem, including death.)" Akarui thought, thinking about his past, he remembered everything as of now.

Donna decided to remain silent with her observations. This woman had a bit too much of a temper - but, she reasoned, was that not to be expected of someone from Valhalla?

[i]So Valkyries do latch on to authority, [/i]she mused to herself, [i]after all, he may be the son of a king, but even if his title was official, she's not a citizen of this realm, so he's not her lord - unless she wants him to be. [/i]

"I'm sorry if you were offended," she said to the woman, "I suppose you can address him how you like. Oh, and I never got your name. If we're going to get along enough to survive, we at least need to know what to call each other, if nothing else."

Stornia sighed at Alliaster telling everyone to relax, [color=#0000CD]"As you wish" [/color]she said halfheartedly, then tried to simply close her eyes and relax again. Of course, yet again, the woman interrupted her attempt at peaceful rest, and she slowly turned her head back to her, trying to keep calm at the request of Alliaster, [color=#0000CD]"I don't feel as though we need to, but if you insist, you may call me Stornia" [/color]she answered the woman, [color=#0000CD]"And don't worry about 'survival', I'm sure you'll do just fine," [/color]she told her, with a hint or sarcasm, [color=#0000CD]"And I'm already dead, so I could care less to be honest" [/color]she explained, shrugging.

If Donna noticed the sarcasm, she ignored it. "Of course I'll be fine," she replied, "I just don't feel like dealing with the demise of the rest of you." [i]And think yourself safe all you want, but even the dead can be removed from existence.[/i] The fairie moved away from the others, out in front of the group. Her footfalls were light, and she made almost no sound as she walked on in front, contemplating.

[i]What happened back then?[/i] she wondered[i]. T[/i][i]he old king died so close to the birth of the boy, it seems rather improbable. So it's either fate, or malice on the part of someone. Keiz seems the most likely candidate, but he could simply have taken advantage of another's designs.[/i]

"So everybody has already left..."

Having already eaten, Luna left the house. They would probably be heading down towards the royal city, but they couldn't be too far off. She was sure of that. She held out her hand in front of her and concentrated her energy into one point on her palm. A vibrant blue orb form, sparking erratically as it grew larger.

"Perfect. I think this will do quite fine." She concentrated even more energy into her palm, the ball growing larger and larger until it had reached the size of a small football. "Compress." She said gently. The energy responded by forming into a small pendant, complete with a pseudo-metal chain and clasp. She put it around her neck; instantly, her senses went into overdrive. She conjured up an image of Alliaster in her mind. After a few seconds of focusing, a route was lain out in front of her telling her the fastest way to get to him. "Bingo." She took off in that direction, running as fast as her legs would allow her. It wouldn't be long before she caught up.

Alliaster let out a small sigh to himself. It seemed that everyone could do some sort of flight, but Alliaster has only done short flight sessions and those were rather.. challenging. Then again, its bound to be with his wings being hidden for 21 years. Walking to the castle was going to take atleast 2 days, probably one if he was able to fly for that long. He wanted to practice flying but he was too.. ashamed to show the others that he wasn't skilled at something he should have mastered years ago. He looked back at the group, wondering how long it'd be before the first fight, when he noticed a figure running towards them. A confused look washed over his face as he narrowed his eyes, getting a better look at the figure. [color=#008080]"Is that... Sarah?"[/color] It was. It took everything he had to keep him from smiling ear to ear as Sarah caught up with them. [color=#008080]"I see you came.. I'm glad, but are you feeling well enough to travel to the castle?"[/color]

Akarui walked into Keiz's throne room (this time leaving the doors on their hinges), noticing Keiz wasn't there, Akarui slowly began to walk towards Keiz's throne. Once he walked up to it he unsheathed the blade at his hip and carved the arms of the throne into dragon heads, and on the back of the seat itself, he carved in the same dragon design of that on his blade. With that he sheathed his blade once more and sat in the throne and waited, knowing Keiz would go insane once he entered. He smiled at the thought of what Keiz's reaction would be once he told him of his past.

Luna thought for a moment. Already traveling to the castle?! The thought was quite laughable. [color=#800080]"It really isn't the question of if I'm well enough to travel to the castle - it's really about if we are even able to get close to the castle without being attacked."[/color] She reminisced about her early years; learning the secret ways in and out, and what the best escape route would be if the castle had been under siege The castle was near impenetrable from the outside during lock down, but was quite easy to access once you had someone inside... which wouldn't be a problem, had she not abandoned her post. She walked up to Alliaster, passing by the various members of the team. She looked him in the eye, and with a questioning look, asked; [color=#800080]"Are you really sure we should be heading towards the castle? Your alchemy skills were impressive, but even with our... alliance-"[/color] She gestured towards the rest of the group. [color=#800080]"-we are not nearly ready for this task. This is just insane."[/color]

[color=#800080]((OOC: Trying to be practical in that we actually have to WORK to get to where we want.))[/color]

Alliaster's left eyebrow raised out of reflex as Sarah walked up to him and looked him right in the eye. [color=#008080]"I understand that.. But before we go into the castle, I plan on staying in the city surrounding it.. Spreading word of there being a true heir.. I'll wait a few days and let the word spread about the country.. As I wait.. I'm hoping that everyone will be willing to spar with me, allowing me to get stronger.."[/color] He looked back at the rest of the group before looking back at Sarah. [color=#008080]"And I'm hoping that with the country knowing of a true heir, Keiz will be wise enough not to attack, cause if he was to kill me, he'll have the whole nation up against him in an uproar.. Now lets get moving.. I'd like to get a good chunk of travel done before the sun sets.."[/color] He looked at Sarah, truly wondering if she was feeling well enough to travel such a distance.

Keiz stood up and placed the scrying orb back on his dresser. [color=#ff0000]"I'd hate to cut our time together short, but I've some business to attend to. I'll give ya specialized attention later tonight.. 'Till then, do as you wish."[/color] He gave Noah a wink before he left. After a few minutes, Keiz arrived where Vun was. He slam the door open as he walked briskly into the room. [color=#ff0000]"Vun, did you send an army of the undead into Combine?! FOOL! And have you seen Luna anywhere? I haven't seen her all day.."[/color] He growled a little. A failed attack and a missing right hand was the last thing he needed.

She responded to Alliaster's look with a smirk. [color=#800080] "If you are worrying about my current condition, I'm going to tell you that I am fine. I don't have the slightest idea why you would be worrying about me in the first place!"[/color] She ended the sentence with a small laugh. [color=#800080]"And if you want publicity, I think I might be able to help out. I have friends in high places."[/color] Saying this reminded her of meeting her family for what was basically the first time. She was 18, and it was her first few days of freedom from the military when she met them. She had found out that her mother had died giving birth to another sibling of hers; it was a baby girl, bearing the name of Catherine. Catherine was two years younger than Luna, making her a good 16 years of age- old enough to take on the responsibility of head of the house. Luna remembered her sister being quite old for her age; she seemed cold and distant, but her sense of judgment was miraculously good. If someone could bring good fortune to the Solen name, it would have certainly been Catherine. [color=#800080]"I think that, if you give me time, I can help. I'd have to leave the group for a while, but in the long run it would be quite beneficial to your conquest."[/color] She smiled brightly.

"So you want to spread the word do you?" Donna questioned, having silently rejoined the main group. "Well, my people are in small pockets all over this land," [i]or at least they should be, unless Keiz has done something recently,[/i] she added to herself, "and they can pass rumours and stories across the land very quickly. If you wish, I can have them pass the stories all the way across the kingdom. We are not subjects of a demon king, and our own ruler, provided it would not endanger us, cares not what we should say about the affairs of others, so they are free to pass on anything you wish the public to know. It would put knowledge of your existence beyond anyone's ability to control before they were even aware it was happening." She paused, "consider it," she finished, before moving forward, scanning the land ahead for potential threats.

Vun continued to write in his Tome with Mafisto standing against the wall and his assistant in the corner, suddenly the large door to the small church opened, the room was still quite dark with only a little bit of blue light. Keiz had walked in to the room and demanded to know why he did what he did and to what aveil.

Vun smirked. [color=#000080]"Lord Keiz. The purpose of the attack on Combine was to seek out this "heir" im hearing so much about, it was also to test Luna's alleigance."[/color] Vun shook his head. [color=#000080]"Apparently she has sided with Alliaster. But Lord Keiz, I have gained some outside knowledge, none of them can hold a candle to your strength."[/color] Vun closed the tome and grinned.[color=#000080] "Finished."[/color] Vun then proceeded to walk in front of the alter.

[color=#000080]"We didn't fail, we learnt everything about their strength, the heir and Akarui, least to say the castle is under no threat for you." Vun knew of Keiz's strength, he was incredibly powerful, [/color]Alliaster and the others trully had no idea what they were getting into, Vun had also planned for anyone that may cross paths with him.

Alliaster rolled his eyes as Sarah made a comment about him being concerned. [color=#00ffff]'Oi.. No wonder why nice guys finish last... They get knocked all the time..'[/color] He then looked to Sarah and Donna, [color=#008080]"Really? You guys could do that? That would be a whole lot faster than letting travelers spread the word! I'd be very gratefully if you two did that for me."[/color] He bowed to them, quickly. Bowing quickly was his way of saying thanks. If he makes it last a few seconds, its his way of doing a sarcastic thanks.

Keiz looked to Vun fiercely, [color=#ff0000]"I know he holds to strength compared to me, but he is still a threat. And have you killed him, NO! That's why the attack was A FAILURE!"[/color] He growled a little, out of frustration. That growling immediately stopped when Vun told him of Luna. [size=5][color=#FF0000]"WHAT!?"[/color][/size] he roared out. He turned around, storming out of the chapel, aiming to get to Luna and get to the bottom of her treachery. As he entered the thorn room to leave, he spotted Akarui on his throne. [color=#ff0000]"And what are [i]YOU[/i] doing here.. Especially after you've gone against our deal.."[/color] He glared tensely at Akarui. Forget Luna, a human-dragon hybrid is more of a challenge and while be more fun for Keiz to beat the sh*t out of.

[color=#ff0000]"It is quite simple really, I have already received what I wanted."[/color] Akarui explained as he rose from the throne, the carving on the seat now visible. [color=#ff0000]"An old man I met in Combine, he cast a spell on me which gave me my memories."[/color] Akarui paused [color=#ff0000]"Would you believe I am truly hundreds of thousands of years older than you Keiz? Well, I was once a full-fledged dragon. Imagine, me being ten-times more powerful than my current form. I was worshiped in a kingdom far from here, a shame I was mortally wounded by an assassin from another kingdom, scared of what would happen if I attacked. How he managed to do so, I don't know."[/color] Akarui explained [color=#ff0000]"So, using an ancient technique on a dying human, I drained all of my blood from myself, and replaced his with mine. I assumed his age and body, but my name remained, and I lost all my memories with that."[/color] Akarui finished his explanation with that. [color=#ff0000]"And now, I side with the true heir to the throne. Alliaster."[/color]

A grin slowly appeared appeared on his face. [color=#ff0000]"I see.. Either way.. You're not as strong as you originally were.. But you're strong enough to last enough in a fight with me to work aaaaaaaaaaall my frustrations out.. And after I behead you, I'll be rid of those hideous heads on my throne.. Maybe I'll re-strain it afterwards.. Its been a while since its last blood coating."[/color] He cracked his knuckles as he let out a laugh that would make one think he's lost his mind. Once his knuckles were thoroughly cracked, he slowly unsheathed his twin sickles. [color=#ff0000]"So dragon boy.. Lets see what you've got!"[/color] With that, he lunged at Akarui.

(PM the battle so we have only 2-3 posts, rather than 50. xD)

[color=#ff0000]"You'll live to regret this battle, whether I live or die."[/color] Akarui stated as he unsheathed the blade at his wrist with a flick of his wrist, the small blade unsheathed with an eerie metal-on-metal sound as he placed it in the path between Keiz and himself. The blade ignited in flames as Keiz approached [color=#ff0000]"Keiz, you're a fool."[/color] Akarui stated as he unsheathed his sword with his right hand as his left was currently in use. The sword's blade ignited as well as the dragon symbol on it began to glow blood-red.

OOC: PMs start NOW!

[color=#800080]"It is no really no problem at all."[/color] She faltered on the word 'problem'- it had been years since she had seen Catherine, after all. Add that to the fact that her family had very strong connections with Keiz- if they paid him then he would ignore their less-than-legal activity- and you have a boiling pot for trouble if you approached them with an offer to overthrow the king and put a new one on the throne. One that would uphold the law and expose them.

She sighed and walked on with the group, wondering how her past actions would affect the groups chances of success. After some thought, she came to the conclusion that Vun had probably already told Keiz about her switch. Keiz would be furious and would surely try to get to the bottom of why she felt she needed to betray him. The thought of an enraged Keiz scared her. She subconsciously drew closer into the group as they walked on towards their destination, as if she was wanting protection.

Finally, after some time of walking with the rest, she noticed a large house in the distance; a familiar sight for her. [color=#800080]"Oh, it's my... friends place. If you will excuse me..."[/color] She began to walk off, but stopped after a few steps. She turned around and walked towards Alliaster, throwing her arms around him in a tight embrace. [color=#800080]"You keep safe while you travel,"[/color] she said. [color=#800080]"Don't need our new king to go off dying on me."[/color] She drew away from him and gave him a smile before heading off to her families home.

Vun smirked widely as Keiz left the room, he then had started to hear the commosion between Akarui and Keiz and opened a dark gate in front of himself. [color=#000080]"Come my little minion"[/color] Vun stated to his little assistant that walked through the Dark Gate.

[color=#2f4f4f]"So. Can we finally harvest?"[/color] Came a light voice from the shadows, suddenly a figure who looked to be an opposite to Mafisto, he wore long white robe and had 4 white wings and long white hair. He was like an angelic creature.

[color=#000080]"Yes. Mafisto, Augusto, let's go." [/color]The 3 then walked through the dark gate all 4 appearing in the top of the throne room watching the battle take place.

"Then it shall be done," Donna replied, and walked off in a different direction. She knew the general route, and wouldn't struggle to find her way back. Once out of sight of the group, she turned again, and once more onto an ancient route known only to her own people, which lead into a small woodland. She stepped into the trees, and a spear appeared at her chest.

"Identify yourself, stranger," ordered the fairie holding the spear. To other eyes, he would seem adult, but to Donna he looked to still be

"That will not be necessary," interrupted another voice. A visibly aged fairie walked towards them. "Your suspicion is justified, boy, but this female is a friend of mine. It has been a long time since you were within this realm, Donna," he continued, embracing her - a move she had never gotten used to - "and it is good to see you again."

Alliaster watched as Luna was about to depart from the group. He frowned slightly. As quickly as she joined the group, she was now leaving it. [color=#00ffff]'Hopefully.. She won't be gone long.'[/color] [color=#008080]"Hmm?"[/color] he hummed just before she suddenly hugged him. Try as he might, he couldn't resist blushing. [color=#008080]"A.. uhm.. uh... *ahem* Be careful Sarah.."[/color] He waved goodbye to Sarah before turning to Donna. [color=#008080]"You be careful too Donna. I hope things go smoothly.."[/color] He then turned to the remainder of the group. [color=#008080]"Lets get going.."[/color] He turned from the group and continued walking towards the castle.

After a day or so of travel, the group finally made it to the city that surrounded the castle. [color=#008080]"Its... Its huge! And I thought Combine was big..."[/color] Combine could easily fit 5x into the the city and only cover just over half of the city. [color=#00ffff]'I'll get lost in a second within this humongous city..'[/color] [color=#008080]"Uh... *Hard swallow* Uhm... I guess we should get an inn first...?"[/color]

The winds blew silently, Darius reappeared after so long. "Hmph." He looked overhead as he saw the castle looming above them. He became corporeal and took out his sword as he began to walk towards the castle with an adamant look upon his face, severe, focussed, undistracted and ready to strike when he deemed necesary. "Alliaster, I'm going to fulfill my destiny, my resting place is here, I feel it. So, if I never return, I wish to bid you farewell." He said, not even looking at the prince as he faced the castle as he continued to walked towards the great, collosal structure. "And now I know soon, I will be at peace."

Archived