YCM Awards of 2011 (Discussions and Questions)

Fusion X. Denver

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I am doing too but it's taxing on the brain after a while so I take a break and come back.

Besides I need to show that I am serious. I hope to host these one day :)

I hope you do, too. If I'm still around at that point, I'll definitely volunteer for Council again. It's been great working and getting along with everyone so swimmingly the last couple of days.

I honestly think you guys are taking a very caveman approach to counting votes. You really only need three people to count votes. One person is to skim each page and, for each category, note down the people that consistently receive votes. For example, one might write down Clair, Opal, and Noel for Best Female, as they have been receiving quite a lot of votes. All the females with one vote in the category are in no position to win. The other two people, after the skimming has been done, can count the votes for the category but only include votes for the three or four people that the skimmer found to be potential winners. And the beauty is that, if a skimmer misses a prospective winner in his run, one of the actual vote counters is going to be looking at every post anyways. So, a vote counter would most likely pick up on the fact that, for example, Clair was not included in the skim run (and potentially very soon, like on the first or second page of votes) and correct for that error.

Just my two cents.

That's what I am doing too but it's taxing on the brain after a while so I take a break and come back.

Besides I need to show that I am serious. I hope to host these one day :)

I hope you do, too. If I'm still around at that point, I'll definitely volunteer for Council again. It's been great working and getting along with everyone so swimmingly the last couple of days.

I certainly do hope J-Max hosts this as well. And, I'd like to become Council again at some point, too!

I honestly think you guys are taking a very caveman approach to counting votes. You really only need three people to count votes. One person is to skim each page and, for each category, note down the people that consistently receive votes. For example, one might write down Clair, Opal, and Noel for Best Female, as they have been receiving quite a lot of votes. All the females with one vote in the category are in no position to win. The other two people, after the skimming has been done, can count the votes for the category but only include votes for the three or four people that the skimmer found to be potential winners. And the beauty is that, if a skimmer misses a prospective winner in his run, one of the actual vote counters is going to be looking at every post anyways. So, a vote counter would most likely pick up on the fact that, for example, Clair was not included in the skim run (and potentially very soon, like on the first or second page of votes) and correct for that error.

Just my two cents.

Why is Dark always with the reason?

Though I'm sure i'll get yelled at, but ignore the vote for Phantom roxas as mod then. It never use to be that way in these awards I ussually always voted for a Super as best mod as well because they ussually deserve it.

As for Fan-fic Providing a link would be useless since I have not read any fics in a while. Finding them would be hard enough anyways since I cannot even remember the titles. If its really that big a deal ignore his vote as well.

Then why did you bother voting in the first place?

The Best Section award going to the mod of that section is a bit confusing though.

I like the new categories, but somehow...I don't know if a mod deserves an award for moderating a popular section.:/

Sure, they contribute to it a lot for sure, but some sections tend to be more frequented than others and it depends on the member base too.

If you get promoted for a popular section...then you're lucky (unlucky in other ways).

If you happen to mod a section that few people like...sucks to be you then.;/

Bah, incase Orgy wins, I'll think of something.

The Best Section award going to the mod of that section is a bit confusing though.

I like the new categories, but somehow...I don't know if a mod deserves an award for moderating a popular section.:/

Sure, they contribute to it a lot for sure, but some sections tend to be more frequented than others and it depends on the member base too.

If you get promoted for a popular section...then you're lucky (unlucky in other ways).

If you happen to mod a section that few people like...sucks to be you then.;/

Well, we can't give the awards to the frequenters of that section. That basically just makes it unethical. Who better than the mods (and no, this isn't kissing ass, this is being real here)?

Yeah I understand that it's the only choice left. It definitely strokes mod egos, for sure.:3

You don't need an ego trip, Opal. You are fine the way you are.

But IDK, once people get the awards, they can do what they want with them, right?

Sure, let's chuck all of our awards into the 20,000 foot deep ocean. <_<

Actually, you're asking the wrong guy. This is the first time I've done something like this on this site. I hardly ever see mods wearing their awards (probably too humble).

Hold on... Wouldn't that be...? Ohh.. If you were gonna win anyway, then I don't mind, but... It's up to J-Max...

>me

>gonna win king of tcg anyway

LOL

I got 1 vote

I'm open to Bribery ;) lol Kidding :P I ment that Vote. You're the person I look up to in TCG.

I still find this amazing and awesome because I'm so inactive lately and there are so many awesome trolls people in TCG. I need to get my act up. :D

By the way, nobody except Konoe commented on my more efficient way to count votes. I'm not sure if that means people agree with it... or they all just tl;dr the post... or they just don't care enough about The Council to comment.

Are there any problems with my method? <___<

By the way, nobody except Konoe commented on my more efficient way to count votes. I'm not sure if that means people agree with it... or they all just tl;dr the post... or they just don't care enough about The Council to comment.

Are there any problems with my method? <___<

Sorry, but you're not running the votes this year.

Now, I did look over the post for a little bit (and by that I mean glancing) to see what was going on, and it does seem like a good idea, simply because there has been a lot of confusion and keyboard-mashing on my part. Of course, if you were on the council, which you are not, it wouldn't seem like a bad idea at all.

Archived