YCM Awards of 2011 (Discussions and Questions)

Fusion X. Denver

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, the awards have been strangely hard to make for us; the GFX team.

Upon changing the design a few times, we then got stuck on concept for a bit. You can expect them. Soon-ish.

Sorry for a delay, Denver. For next time, yes, a deadline and perhaps you giving us some ideas would be 10x more helpful. Or whoever is in charge of next time anyway. I think it's good to take a more proactive role in the whole organization, GFX included. No need to get into the specifics, but at least overview how we're going every so often, like how a Stage Director in a big Broadway/West End play would do.

An update would be appreciated, Cursed. Seeing as how it's been a while since the last.

Dear lord, the awards still aren't out?

WELL

I honestly think one person doing them next time would be good

Why?

because an individual can plan his or her work schedule by himself better than his or her work schedule and fit it in with more work schedules for the other members.

js

Though the end result is sure to be more variant and colorful with a team on it.

Nothing done?

Nothing?

Really?

You know what, screw this. We've waited long enough.

Since no one in the GFXing team contacted me for help, I'm going to assume that nothing on their plate was out of their capability.

The lesson here? If you're going to volunteer for a community event, own up to your word and don't sign up unless you have absolutely no doubt you can make time.

And whoever hosts the next awards, learn from my mistake and get involved with every single aspect, including the awards themselves.

Lock.

find ONE person, and have them do the awards

The thread can still be locked, no sense in keeping us updated or not, and no sense over people arguing over what should be done in the future or not. (okay, there is, actually, but this still isn't the time or place)

Archived