YCM Awards of 2011 (Discussions and Questions)

Fusion X. Denver

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think we should have a "Biggest *sshole" next year but that's probably not a good idea.

Though I can see a lot of votes stemming from it.

why thank you :3

Already confirmed added Categories if I host next year.

Most Gender Confused

Most Name Confused (For a Member who constantly changes names)

Biggest Douche

Already confirmed added Categories if I host next year.

Most Gender Confused

Most Name Confused (For a Member who constantly changes names)

Biggest Douche

YES

Tho if I remember these things are hosted twice per year, so next one should be in April or something, right?

I shall look forward to it.

Too bad I'm not gender confused no more.

I r saed face

):

DO YOU SEE THE SADNESS IN THAT FACE? IT IS VERY SAD.

A suggestion, to be taken as such and not a moderator rule or anything (unless it starts generating too much heat): "biggest douche" sounds like a terrible idea.

It's not something worth attributing a "prize", and there's no point having people directly nominate who they don't like. If someone really is a douche, they're best left ignored.

Awards should highlight positive features only, in my opinion.

winrar

I prefer Winzip.

Most Obviously Crazy, Weird and Psychotic Member

Not a bad idea, but I remember suggesting Most Crazy Member to Fuse, and he said Colorful and some other categories basically summed that up.

Best Troll

which is asking for trollage

Least Funny Member

I think "Most Serious Member" could work more.

Who Would be the Equivalent of a Cat on YCM?

...excuse me?

Best Fad

How can we vote a member for Best Fad...?

That sums up my thoughts.

EDIT:

It IS a terrible idea.

But

It can also prove to be funtastic :3

A suggestion, to be taken as such and not a moderator rule or anything (unless it starts generating too much heat): "biggest douche" sounds like a terrible idea.

It's not something worth attributing a "prize", and there's no point having people directly nominate who they don't like. If someone really is a douche, they're best left ignored.

Awards should highlight positive features only, in my opinion.

As far as I am concerned, if I win biggest douche I would be very proud. I take my douchiness very proudly.

As far as I am concerned, if I win biggest douche I would be very proud. I take my douchiness very proudly.

Oh but surely your douchiness cannot outdo my douchiness?

Otherwise your douchiness would be a douche not to try and douche my douchiness but I would obviously be douched down because of your douching. Please take in mind that I do not take in the various douche variables that change the Douche Factor. Also, we must calculate how much douche can be contained at certain periods, otherwise you could lose your douchiness and I would win.

Yes.

Also, I need to start on the award template with the others now. But tomorrow cos I need beauty sleep.

Biggest Douche

You called?

Clearly, my signature shows that I'm an ungrateful prick for the awards I did win. Don't bother making signatures for me, I won't use them. I find it highly pretentious to go around with awards in your signature, despite them being prizes for something you fairly won.

Great awards thread, we need another one soon - in six months, of course.

Oh but surely your douchiness cannot outdo my douchiness?

Otherwise your douchiness would be a douche not to try and douche my douchiness but I would obviously be douched down because of your douching. Please take in mind that I do not take in the various douche variables that change the Douche Factor. Also, we must calculate how much douche can be contained at certain periods, otherwise you could lose your douchiness and I would win.

Yes.

Also, I need to start on the award template with the others now. But tomorrow cos I need beauty sleep.

Did you just try to douche out the best douche there is in the internet that is full of douches? No one can beat me, the superior douche in his moment of douching during the time where he could start his douching campaign. You are nothing special when I eliminate the other douches of this contest, but that will not include you, since your douchiness is not even close to the level of "Amateur" and that is no laughing matter, so I cannot even begin to call you a douche. Find a way to learn something about hurting someone before you take your pride and run away from all that you loved. I say loved because once you start to actually try a be douchy, you will become worse than Mars and in this situation, you already have.

But, please begin with the template.

Biggest Douche

You called?

Clearly, my signature shows that I'm an ungrateful prick for the awards I did win. Don't bother making signatures for me, I won't use them. I find it highly pretentious to go around with awards in your signature, despite them being prizes for something you fairly won.

Great awards thread, we need another one soon - in six months, of course.

Sorry to say, but it seems as you have something to prove since you have the awards in your sig and every post you make, people can still see them.

since you have the awards in your sig and every post you make

Yes, but you clearly haven't read my signature. Maybe I should have clarified what I meant when I said awards; I was referring to the graphics that we receive upon winning a category. I do not find having the awards in your signature pretentious, although I did say that at first. Just note that those awards actually meant the graphics involved. I find them to be over-the-top, needless, and just a blatant showing of an award when, in retrospect, nobody really cares. Not to mention that it gives some people a false sense of pride because they won something on a cool internet forum.

I feel no smarter because I won Best Debater nor do I feel any more successful because I won Most Likely to Succeed. And I hope nobody else has been blinded by false pride or achievement because of these awards.

Are you implying that people like Mars did not deserve their award?

I believe they earned these because they worked hard and showed dedication.

imo Mars is the only person who didn't deserve his award because, he's basically a troll (and he is currently serving one of his week bans), and i believe one of the members asked everyone to vote vote for Shard as the most respected member, purely as a joke

They're E-Awards.

The purpose is to be blinded.

I'm not sure if you used blinded literally or metaphorically... hopefully not the former.

In any case, I obviously don't know anything if I'm pushing forth the idea that people shouldn't be blinded by internet awards. Clearly I'm not well-versed on this topic and I apologize for making such a claim when it's irrefutable that people are going to be blinded regardless. But I do not believe the purpose of the awards are to blind people with accomplishment; rather, they are to gauge, for example, who the members think the Best Male member is. It's a crude way of applying an unbiased (unbiased in the sense that the results are never touched or altered, unlike conspiracy theories regarding American Idol and those sorts of shows) democratic system to these awards, but I don't believe the inherent purpose is to lie to people.

Archived