DEF: One More Shot (New One-Shot: Spliced)

Fusion X. Denver

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now remember or I'll sick the cheese saber on you. :3

I LOVED the second part. The first was great too though. Still funny as hell and Nobuo is awesome as always. No, seriously. I loved him in this. Although, I'm wondering if this is turning into a thing where Nobuo always loses. Kidding of course. :3

Why Nobuo Is awesome Even When He Loses:

1) Almost beats a mod.

2) Holds his own pretty well when facing 2 on 1 when one of the two is Lora. Niashi doesn't make it as impressive.

3) Throws a fight against Chris with less weaponry than he's used to and while he's more focused on capturing Aka then actually fighting Chris.

Other reasons:

1) Bribe one guy and he can get out of prison.

2) Can apparently block an attack from Chris by flexing his abs or something like that.

3) Puts Chris in the hospital.

4) And the greatest reason of all...his fighting style. All hail the pistol whip or as I like to call it...the Jesse James B*tch Slap.

Sorry, my ego was a bit inflated there. I really did enjoy the story and it was worth putting everything else aside to read both parts. Hell, it was worth it for the first. As always, I'll be looking forward to your future work.

Oh! And one question.

Chris raised an eyebrow. “Really? I heard Lora Valiant saying you’re just a smelly douchebag.”

“That woman…” Nobuo muttered. “Always on my case.”

So...how long have they known eachother? I thought you said they hadn't already known eachother after Jake's one-shot about Lora. <----Although the whole timeline on it seemed a bit f*cked up anyway...I mean, really? Who just becomes a teacher at 40?

Well...my mom...but she's 45...actually, she might still be in school...eh, I'm not too sure on any of it. <----...I'll shut up now...

I'll get back to the main point. So what exactly IS the whole deal between Nobuo and Lora? I don't mind if they're shipped but I kind of need some closure here man.

P.S. That would have been a good time for me to say "I prefer a**hole."

And since you've managed to deal with this bullsh*t I'll tell you something. I almost teared up at a few points in the sory.

tl;dr

Loved it all.

Nobuo's awesome.

My ego was inflated.

Arrow is a d*ck.

What exactly IS the deal between Nobuo and Lora?

Sad stuff man.

Awesome feedback, love to hear you liked it, bro!

As for NobuoxLora...hrm.

Wait.

I mean, we could just ignore that one detail Jake dropped about them knowing each other before that. Since I mentioned Nobuo will be acquitted soon, that leaves around 24 years for him to get to know Lora. And when you get to epilogue timeline...who knows where it'll go from there :3

And then all that media attention in the epilogue could simply be attributed to Nobuo becoming Finale, and that led to his past re-surfacing, hence this talk about his ultimate redemption and shizz.

*makes mental note about as*hole* <-boy would that sound weird out of context

And yeah, Nobuo is pretty damn strong.

I need to organize a DEF power level chart...

I'd say the top leveled fighters excluding the Mods and Nexev are Hito, Jake and Nobuo is in that halfway spot between that class and middle class where DEF, Black, Xazeon and all those other people are.

However, this does not apply for their epilogue selves.

Wait why exclude Nexev?

Mods are a no brainer 8 /

Also I would THINK my DEF persona is pretty d*mn powerful considering he went up against Life, took more than one hit, which normally one downs a person and/or kills them, and drew out the fight long enough to get what he wanted.

Honestly I think I'd be able to beat Life, no seriously, if I hadn't been trying to stall for time.

As for the epilogue version I'd remain the same or relatively stronger/weaker depending on how things went; and my schedule for training and/or "adventuring".

I'd also like to note I am not only strong but probably one of the oldest characters in the story. As I have a daughter, am already out of High School, and have a job as President of a chain of Hotels. Meaning I am probably around my late twenties.

inb4inpossiblewithLora'ssage

Lora is adopted <<

Wait why exclude Nexev?

Mods are a no brainer 8 /

Nexev is the co-owner of Orgy 13. He also defeated El pretty easily in their first encounter.

Nevev=Strong

Also I would THINK my DEF persona is pretty d*mn powerful considering he went up against Life, took more than one hit, which normally one downs a person and/or kills them, and drew out the fight long enough to get what he wanted.

I forgot, Ninjew is also in this high class.

And yes, Jake is powerful due to his experience in "adventuring".

Honestly I think I'd be able to beat Life, no seriously, if I hadn't been trying to stall for time.

Meh. Debatable.

If he had the device in his chest, I'd say no.

If not, prrrrobably.

As for the epilogue version I'd remain the same or relatively stronger/weaker depending on how things went; and my schedule for training and/or "adventuring".

I'd say stronger, but there isn't as big a gap between you and everyone else compared to 20 years before ;3

I'd also like to note I am not only strong but probably one of the oldest characters in the story. As I have a daughter, am already out of High School, and have a job as President of a chain of Hotels. Meaning I am probably around my late twenties.

You're definitely one of the older ones, but not that much older.

inb4inpossiblewithLora'ssage

Lora is adopted <<

Just because he is the co-owner of the Organization XIII doesn't mean diddly . . . unless it is a super training camp that I've forgotten about.

I would gladly say Ninjew is a high class fighter. Also I still love how you refer to it as "adventuring" and not what it actually is XDDD

on the note of Life vs. Me

with Device I wouldn't WANT to fight him properly for fear of killing the planet; as a "non human" it wouldn't bother me but then I'd loose my friends here <<

Without it yeah I'd probably win.

In story the device AND my end goal was the only reason I believe I lost; plus it would suck for the plot XD

So 20 years later I am stronger, but everyone is catching up. Sounds reasonable because I, at the current moment, seemed to have hit a rut with what new techniques I can find to learn.

Old and experienced, but not THAT old K3

Nexev is strong. [/take my word for it]

The other thing is, Jake took a bunch of needles in his back during his fight with Aka. He was weakened before being confronted by Life.

Thus another thing which added to me getting used like a punching back XD

I honestly don't mind . . . I just don't want people to think I went down easily nor that I never had a chance

Awesome feedback, love to hear you liked it, bro!

As for NobuoxLora...hrm.

Wait.

I mean, we could just ignore that one detail Jake dropped about them knowing each other before that. Since I mentioned Nobuo will be acquitted soon, that leaves around 24 years for him to get to know Lora. And when you get to epilogue timeline...who knows where it'll go from there :3

And then all that media attention in the epilogue could simply be attributed to Nobuo becoming Finale, and that led to his past re-surfacing, hence this talk about his ultimate redemption and shizz.

...I followed none of that...

*makes mental note about as*hole* <-boy would that sound weird out of context

...good point...around any of those guys it'd be dangerous to say...

And yeah, Nobuo is pretty damn strong.

I'd say the top leveled fighters excluding the Mods and Nexev are Hito, Jake and Nobuo is in that halfway spot between that class and middle class where DEF, Black, Xazeon and all those other people are.

Eh, you lost me a bit here as well.

@DL

Dye

..But why? D":

@Fusion

WORKING ON THE SONG MAN! I'M DOING THIS WITH THE POWER OF YOUTHFUL VIGOR!

Will look forward to this >:'DDD

And Fuse

Epic 2nd part, befitting of the first.

I loved every moment.

The band name they chose is meh

But

It's kewl, cuz the chapter was kewl

Not a lot of DL action (that's a manga name, BTW, "D.L. Action") and he never "made up" for it.

But regardless epic ending

And

it gave me an idea

It's canon

Yet not canon

it's belieable

Yet blows reality

You will love it.

It is epic.

And it's my next one-shot.

I couldn't think of a better name, so I took Shadow Zero and JZ of the Enigma and boom.

All 3 of em aren't really around for me to ask either >__>

I honestly didn't see a need to write DL and El to go make up since we all know they would and Chris is forgiving in nature.

It woulda just been like:

"We're sorry"

"Meh, it's aight"

[insert wiseass remark by El]

[insert Fuse retort]

[insert neutral DL comment]

and yeh.

I am going to take a very wild guess and say your next one-shot is one where DL and Kari are taking a break and you date Clair.

As for Aka, isn't that reddish-brown?

The picture's a concept for younger Kushina .-.

I couldn't think of a better name, so I took Shadow Zero and JZ of the Enigma and boom.

All 3 of em aren't really around for me to ask either >__>

I honestly didn't see a need to write DL and El to go make up since we all know they would and Chris is forgiving in nature.

It woulda just been like:

"We're sorry"

"Meh, it's aight"

[insert wiseass remark by El]

[insert Fuse retort]

[insert neutral DL comment]

and yeh.

I am going to take a very wild guess and say your next one-shot is one where DL and Kari are taking a break and you date Clair.

As for Aka, isn't that reddish-brown?

The picture's a concept for younger Kushina .-.

..looks orange-brown to me

And...you have a good point 0:It would go exactly like that XD

As for the one-shot.....you couldn't be more wrong :333333333333333333333333

I'll TRY to start AND finish today :3

Also...that reminds me

wh was DL dancing with Clair

And not...you know, someone he has an attraction for? O.o

.....well id it was Daniel I'd say he likes most girls...but yeah XD

See, I remember saying Kari went back to Japan, but I don't know if I ever said when she did that (was too lazy to check).

But then I remembered your Kana one-shot (you gonna post that btw?) and figured she must have been here before moving to Japan (unless I confused the time period that took place in).

So...I wasn't entirely sure whether Kari was still in Yugo or not.

So I had you dance with a friend who was a girl.

Looking more closely at Aka, I'd say her hair is a darker red.

Just take a ginger with darker hair and that's Aka.

And YOU?

Finishing a one-shot that fast?

PROVE IT.

MAKE MY DAY.

Yo, just wondering.

He cursed his cowardice as he considered turning back. But then, he suddenly felt as if someone was there with him. He opened his eyes and blinked, confused at seeing a very faint image of a hand holding his. Looking up, he found himself entranced in the same eyes that dazzled him so many times before. Taking a step forward, he let himself be guided closer, allowing his will to submit to his heart. Finally, he nodded, confirming that he would follow his heart. It was just the two of them.

Did anyone get what happened when they read this or no?

...I had to go to some party

AKA, will TRY to do the one-shot today

but it'll likely be out AFTER your work XD

And yeah, I go what you meant too.

And I congratulate you, it wasn't excessive tell, and while it would have worked better in a movie or such, you DID do good worh with it =3

And to answer your question I'll likely add my one-shots to my space here...only if I'm really bored one day XD

Warning Ya Fuse

Some people might not agree with their power settings

I'm honestly a sort of Vegeta when it comes to these things

Chiefly academics real-world wise

Archived