DEF: One More Shot (New One-Shot: Spliced)

Fusion X. Denver

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here's a little something I whipped up in my spare time.

[spoiler=The Dark Magician Girl]

Trio of DEF: The Dark Magician Girl

Donovyn picked up his staff, and jumped down from the tree in Pop Park. He ran into Yugo City, keeping out of sight as much as possible. He ducked into the first alley he came to, climbing up a fire escape. He ran along the rooftops of the city, the staff he had wired to send wireless signals to all his gadgets strapped to his back. Okay, I heard someone mention that Inactive would be planning a hiest on the local bank. Not like they need the money, though, so the question is: why?

"Come on, already, hurry it up! Preferably before that meddling Dark Magician gets here!" he heard someone shouting. Ah, great, they're already there! He was still half way across the city.

Lavender colored smoke began pouring out from the ground at the entrance to the groups van. A blonde girl, wearing armor consisting of no sleeves, and only a short skirt was standing at the entrance to the van when the smoke cleared. She reached for the small, two-foot staff she had strapped to her back, prompting the Inactive gang to draw their weapons. "Don't worry, there's no way this little b*tch reproduced the Dark Magician's tech, even if she can pull off that look," one of them said. She pointed her staff at him, enciting only a sneer from him.

The tip of her staff began glowing black, and shot a laser aimed right for his head. The man fell, his facing showing severe burns. The gang opened fire on her, and watched as their bullets were deflected from their trajectory. "Surely, that's not the best you've got," the girl stated in a voice showing she was intentionally deepening it. She waved the staff held in her right hand from left to right; arrows shot from both of the buildings on the street, killing half the gang in head shots.

"In these days of laser guns and vibration-intensifying weaponry, you people still use AK-47s and Thompson Sub-Machine guns?" the girl asked. Multiple clicks were heard among the gang, and all of them discarded their now useless armaments to the ground. The girl stepped forward, some members of the gang reached into their pockets, and rushed toward her carrying pocket knives. "You're not very bright, are you?" she asked, a bored tone inflecting through her artificially deep voice. The thugs were stopped at the same distance the bullets had been deflected earlier, to which she responded, "Either you're from out of town, or the rumors of Yugo City's advanced technology were mistaken."

Donovyn stood on top of a nearby building overlooking the fight. Well, it appears that someone hacked my tech. They seem to be on my side, though, so I guess it's no big deal. He pushed a button on his staff, which was as tall as he was, which focused an electrical charge at the tip. He pushed another button, causing the electrical charge to turn black in color. At the push of a third button, the charge was fired toward the crowd.

He quickly jumped down from the roof, landing on an awning, from which he jumped down to the ground. He took a small capsule from a pocket on his chest, which he threw to the ground before landing. The capsule burst, spewing a dark purple smoke around the area, which Donovyn landed in. The charge exploded, causing a burst of wind which blew the smoke away, revealing Donovyn standing in the middle of it. By now, only three members of the crowd had not been killed in the fight, and those three quickly backed up to what they clearly hoped was a safe distance.

"You've done well in dealing with these guys. Though, to be fair, you're using the tricks I came up with, and they all appear to be recent initiates into the Inactive," he paused, looking her over, "Dark Magician Girl."

"Well, well, if it isn't the Dark Magician. I've heard a lot about you. I thought you'd show up much sooner, though. Not like it would have mattered if you showed up or not, though," she answered, looking at the three remaining Inactive members. Donovyn repeated his earlier tac with the electrical charge, the Dark Magician Girl charging the black laser in her own staff.

The two launched their attacks simultaneously, causing an explosion that left a crater where the Inactive members once stood. A lone man, obviously wearing gloves from the muffled sound, could be heard clapping from the doorway of the bank. "Very good, nice little parlour tricks, I must say," the man, dressed in a blue business suit, stated. He took several steps forward, and slammed a cane into the ground before continuing. "And I do mean parlour tricks. It may look like magic, but, it's clearly technology, probably stolen from Moderator research labs.

"You were right in your assessment, by the way, about those men and women being recent initiates. However," he continued, being surrounded by ten other men and women, "these have some fighting experience."

"Enough talk," Donovyn stated. "Tell me, what do you want with robbing a bank? There's no way the Inactive needs to rob banks to get funding for anything, you guys own the banks, do you not?" The man chuckled, the group of ten pulled weapons that were clearly custom made for each of them off their backs, each taking aim at either Donovyn or his blonde companion. Donovyn raised his staff straight up above his head, before lowering the angle by fourty-five degrees, pointing behind his head.

Dark Magician Girl did the same, pointing hers to a building juxtaposed to the one Donovyn was pointing at. The pair were able to hear the weapons pointing at them whirring as they powered up. Each of the Magician's eyes were being met with six eyes: five pairs, and one from the man with the sleeked-back brown hair. The tension could be cut with a knife. The two moved their eyes so they could see each other; Donovyn nodded.

Each moved their staff toward the group's leader, each triggering a laser to fire on him. Electrical crackling filled the air as the lasers both stopped before reaching their target. He laughed before speaking. "Come now, I sincerely hope you didn't expect that to work! The Dark Magician here has been using his electro-magnetic field generator to deflect bullets and stop lasers for a month!" He sneered, meeting Donovyn's eyes. "I've been able to replicate the generator you both have in your staffs in my own cane."

"Really? So you have the same generator I have?" Donovyn asked. The man nodded, and Donovyn continued. "Interesting, in that case," he pointed his staff toward the leader of the group. The whir from the laser rifles ended in ten simultaneous clicks, followed by a burst of energy from each of the weapons. Donovyn reached into the pocket of his shirt, and pulled out a sphere, which he gently tossed toward his target.

"Care to do the honors?" he asked his partner. She smiled and nodded, each of their electromagnetic barriers showing signs of failing under the heat being generated by the lasers hitting them. She pushed the top of her staff in, prompting Donovyn's ball to rupture. The two jumped out of the way as their barriers overheated. The laser guns stopped firing.

The triggers were being pulled so hard Donovyn was able to hear them. "Electromagnetic Pulse. The range on that one is thirty feet. I trust you know what that means," Dark Magician Girl stated.

"Indeed, it means that you two just made the biggest mistake of your lives," the man stated, pulling out a single action revolver.

"Wrong answer," Donovyn interputed, the man's head being hit by a blast identicle to Dark Magician Girl's laser. "Our machinery is being encased in lead and rubber, that pulse had no effect on it. Yours was encased in wood. Big mistake." The Magician Pair jumped to their side-by-side position, and began charging their individual attacks.

The Inactive gang dispersed, running back to wherever it was they had been summoned from. The Magicians canceled their attacks, allowing the energy to dissipate harmlessly. "No real point in just blowing everything up, is there?" Dark Magician Girl asked, now using a perfectly-pitched soprano voice.

"Indeed not," Donovyn answered.

Back in Pop Park, Donovyn and his companion removed their hats, allowing their hair to fall into its natural position. "My name is Donovyn, by the way," he told her.

"My name is Grove," she told him, offering her hand to him. The two shook hands, placing their staffs back into the straps on their backs. "It's been an honor to meet you, let alone fight with you. And you were right about one other thing as well. I was using your technology."

"So, how did you acquire it, anyway?"

"My parents saw you in news reports. My father's a genius, and my mother is a fashion expert. She made the outfit, and my father duplicated your technology. Well, he wasn't able to do the charge bomb thing you use, that requires things you can't get without swiping it from the mods of Yugo, but he was able to make a laser that's just as powerful. And he was able to contain it all in a two-foot long staff."

"Well, it seems that now, there are two Dark Magicians in the world. Speaking of, I don't recall seeing you around here before, and I don't remember anyone by the name of Grove."

"No, I'm not from Yugo City, and it's about time I returned to my own town," she told him. The two shook hands again, exchanging smiles. "Until next time, see you," she stated. Donovyn nodded, and watched her run off. He then climbed back up the tree he had stored his day clothes in, and proceeded to change back from the Dark Magician to Donovyn Mikara Gerra.

Uhhh...*Looks away whistling.* Fine...it was mehish. A tad bit hard to follow and it seemed a bit f*cked up on there. I mean the spacing and font size. It even changed like halfway through. Of course that wasn't the only problem. Isn't Xazeon dead? I thought he was. Also, who seriously leaves a guy tied up when there's a guy with a gun chasing him? P.S. Witrhout the recap at court I'd have no real idea what happened. But I wasn't paying that great of attention.

Uhhh...*Looks away whistling.* Fine...it was mehish. A tad bit hard to follow and it seemed a bit f*cked up on there. I mean the spacing and font size. It even changed like halfway through. Of course that wasn't the only problem. Isn't Xazeon dead? I thought he was. Also, who seriously leaves a guy tied up when there's a guy with a gun chasing him? P.S. Witrhout the recap at court I'd have no real idea what happened. But I wasn't paying that great of attention.

I apologize for the font

In the canon storyline, Xaezon decides to leave on orders from his mother Velma Crabs and goes into exile/training(?) at Lake Suggestion

There are multiple chapters to this so don't worry if you are supremely lost. When the twist happens, everthing will make sense.

Remo's right, regarding Xazeon.

@Remo shot-It was hard for me to follow, but I see a lot of potential in the story...though I'm a little confused on some things.

Still, it wasn't bad and I'm expecting things will get even better.

@DMG-I already told you my take on your story, but again, good job and it was a blast from the past.

SAY, THAT REMINDS ME.

WHY DID NO ONE ACT SURPRISED AT TIM=WISEMAN? <-no one cared? :/

I thought that would be super mega startling.

Monsieur Denver, not to sound complain-y, but I do not see my story in the OP, old bean.

Ah, that reminds me, I should add that table of contents now.

The way this thread works now is if anyone wants to add one-shots, they can edit them into one post (see DL and Black's posts on the front page to see what I mean).

For those who aren't on the front page, I'll hyperlink their name to whatever first post they had.

So if you ever feel like writing more, you can edit them into there.

Archived