2012 US Presidential Election

Tentacruel

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Doctor Whooves' timestamp='1322790379' post='5679468']
Honestly, if abortion is even being considered, the child may be better off not being born to that kind of mother. And if he/she were born, he/she would just be put up for adoption, and I'm fairly sure we've got too many of those.
[/quote]
Even though I do not condone abortion, I have to agree with this. I would just prefer people to use contraception instead of having to resort to abortion.

Since Ron Paul pretty much lost I think I'll be voting for Obama. Kind of ironic that I like both since they're polar opposites.

Abortion for health and rape reasons I can see, but that's a very small percentage of actual abortions carried out. A "woman's right to choose" is just a sugar coated way of saying they can screw around with another's life they usually just spawned out of unregulated lust. Obviously there are countless amounts of sperm that never even impregnates an egg and a "mistake" child dumped in an orphanage by a parent or raised with contempt will have a hard life, but the rarity of life and a harsh upbringing doesn't justify the halting of developing human for the financial or economic well-being of the one who had them, IMO.

I don't know whether I'm more for choice or life, but I agree with Guitar on not looking at both ends. We tend to take sides on party lines, even when the issues don't actually have anything to do with your party's roots, and refuse to compromise. But this lack of compromising positions is kind of to be expected when you deal with moral issues projected upon the government.

Oh, and if a woman has a right to an abortion the man should have the right to opt out of child support. Just sayin'.

Sorry to continue the sex topic, but those who say abortion is wrong because it's killing something obviously didn't pay a whole lot of attention during sex ed class. The whole process of sex(or atleast "successful sex where the woman gets pregnant") is killing cells. Every jizz the man puts inside the woman IS going to die in there. Even the one that impregnates the egg "dies" as does the egg itself, so there. Personally, it should be legal until 7 months, then no. You've had long enough then. Nor do I think sex should be only had to produce offspring. As long as the woman realises there's a chance of her getting pregnant, and the man realises he may accidentially get her pregnant, I think sex for fun is fine. Even though it's a contiversial topic, none of us would exist without sex. I don't exactly agree with the whole "Come on, let's make babies!" type mentality everyone seems to have, but if they are truely willing to, they should be allowed. It really depends on my mood. As for my opinion of if a organism developing inside it's mother is "alive" I believe that if it has a heart beat, it's alive. So 'Make' is the right term, as it's not alive yet. I really don't have a problem with people saying "Let's make a baby" or something similar, but it annoys me how widespread sex has become.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Nightmare Zarkus' timestamp='1323934875' post='5708263']
thirded

that being said, a fetus is just a parasite until it pops out.

anyways I don't like any of the candidates. This is a serious case of the "lesser of two evils"
[/quote]
I quite literally agree. It is legitimately a parasite that feeds on a host mother.

• 1 month later...

At this point I should probably open up with "It's the Debates section and every thread's old so I can necroflood if I want to." but I won't.

[quote name='~Coolio~' timestamp='1322866740' post='5681335']
Oh, and if a woman has a right to an abortion the man should have the right to opt out of child support. Just sayin'.
[/quote]

They should also however be subjected to prolonged and intense pain akin to giving birth upon doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

However unfortunate it is, temporary and natural discomfort during birth isn't exactly comparable to long-lasting legal bindings.
[size=4]

[center]What keeps us alive, what allows us to endure?[/size][size=4]
I think it is the hope of loving,
or being loved.[/size][size=4]
I heard a fable once about the sun going on a journey
to find its source, and how the moon wept
without her lover’s
warm gaze.[/size][size=4]
We weep when light does not reach our hearts. We wither
like fields if someone close
does not rain their
kindness
upon
us.[/center][/size]

• 3 months later...

[quote=Some Guy on Youtube]
[left][Mitt Romney] is truly the ultimate politician. Spineless, valueless, completely impressionable and running for President in a town near you. All the hail the Great Puppet President![/quote][/left]

[left][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]My point exactly.[/size][/font][/color][/left]

Archived