</Marked for Modification>

Mehmani

The point is that all commenters should be able to recognize these points of design. When they comment, they should have as much knowledge as the person making the card in which they provide points that both people know about, and can change as a result.

What I wrote should be sufficient for people to actually have points to talk about. Anything else that doesn't mention to the design isn't really useful to conversation anyway, so people might as well just not comment in the first place.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1322846324' post='5680648']
The point is that all commenters should be able to recognize these points of design. When they comment, they should have as much knowledge as the person making the card in which they provide points that both people know about, and can change as a result.

What I wrote should be sufficient for people to actually have points to talk about. Anything else that doesn't mention to the design isn't really useful to conversation anyway, so people might as well just not comment in the first place.
[/quote]

I'll admit that I didn't read it all. However, with as full of points as you are, and as busy as I am currently. If you want my sincere input I will ask that you do one of a few further things:[list]
[*]PM Mikhail to read it over (he's my acting steed when I am busy); Lovely CC if worst comes to worst.
[*]Having Rodrigo, Koko or Miror/Meta/Twilight Sparkle read it over may also suffice as they interact with me on a regular basis.
[*]Condense it much much more so it's a swifter read.
[/list]
Otherwise you'll have to wait a day or so (depending on what I have to do).

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1322856595' post='5680936']

I'll admit that I didn't read it all. However, with as full of points as you are, and as busy as I am currently. If you want my sincere input I will ask that you do one of a few further things:[list]
[*]PM Mikhail to read it over (he's my acting steed when I am busy); Lovely CC if worst comes to worst.
[*]Having Rodrigo, Koko or Miror/Meta/Twilight Sparkle read it over may also suffice as they interact with me on a regular basis.
[*]Condense it much much more so it's a swifter read.
[/list]
Otherwise you'll have to wait a day or so (depending on what I have to do).
[/quote]

Hmm. I shall contact some of them to go through it. A swifter read should be possible, not the most satisfactory thing considering that a lengthy read is probably the best way to go about it, but possible. Not sure whether I'll get it all done in the next day, since I'm quite busy.

I read it, Cursed.

It's a very well written article, and in my opinion, it should become the guide. You can work around on reducing it a bit, though.

As for the article itself, the 10 points from Diette Rams, as well as the MtG Developing Team guidelines are perfect as an overview on any card game. Yugioh couldn't be different. So, using them to make a guide was a very good idea. After reading it, I can say everything you said is concise, solid and should be applied to designing cards. Especially the simple creativity.

Still waiting on a condensed version Cursed Reaction. And this rule is in permanent effect.
Also, due to recent terrible news I will not be on YCM for a while. This means however, that any rule breaking noticed by me during my off time will result in a harsher punishment for whoever I notice doing so (as it has been), so be on your extra special careful kay?

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1323382526' post='5695832']
Still waiting on a condensed version Cursed Reaction. And this rule is in permanent effect.
Also, due to recent terrible news I will not be on YCM for a while. This means however, that any rule breaking noticed by me during my off time will result in a harsher punishment for whoever I notice doing so (as it has been), so be on your extra special careful kay?
[/quote]

Hope everything turns out to be alright.

If I can, I will get the condensed version done. Turns out it is very difficult to condense so I'll have a chat on MSN with some others.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1323384380' post='5695918']
Hope everything turns out to be alright.

If I can, I will get the condensed version done. Turns out it is very difficult to condense so I'll have a chat on MSN with some others.
[/quote]

Or get me on there as well (at least in a minor capacity), and I hope so too...

[quote name='Dт. Михаи́л Ботви́нник PчD' timestamp='1321109748' post='5634669']
[/quote]
[quote name='Darkplant - FEAR' timestamp='1321096507' post='5634478']
So basically, tl;dr Bumping threads is okay, right?

In that case I agree by all means. All of MY posts in RC are like that from the start,[u][b] and I'd love to watch ragnarok burn.[/b][/u]

That plus, it's probably a good idea to kill the spam that's going on in here.
[/quote]

i am all for clearing out spam and everything, but really, thats just ridiculous, i mean really? i honestly think that this "rule" was made to mess with raggy : /

anyways, no its an effective way to stop spam but then, what about newbies who don't really know much anyways? maybe their shy?

im just saying that when you make rules, you think of everybody as robots, but their people, they don't do it because its hardwired in them, but because of some reason lol right?

im basically saying this is gonna end up hurting newbies (or as im already seeing, doing nothing at all lol)

[quote name='Glowfly' timestamp='1323458261' post='5697336']

i am all for clearing out spam and everything, but really, thats just ridiculous, i mean really? i honestly think that this "rule" was made to mess with raggy : /

anyways, no its an effective way to stop spam but then, what about newbies who don't really know much anyways? maybe their shy?

im just saying that when you make rules, you think of everybody as robots, but their people, they don't do it because its hardwired in them, but because of some reason lol right?

im basically saying this is gonna end up hurting newbies (or as im already seeing, doing nothing at all lol)
[/quote]

It was made to simply improve RC's standards. If ragnarok was one of the main offenders, that's just coincidence. To be honest, all he did was alert most of RC to the pure level of ignorance around the subforum. Not just by ragnarok. He just was so prominent, there's no way to ignore it.

Which is why I'm the process of making a guide for Josh to stick somewhere hopefully. That should stop newbies from being 'shy'. They just need to be able to 'read'. Obviously :3

Rules were made to be broken. Of course. But that's why we have a good CC moderating team.

[/quote]

Will you just stop it? No, this rule was not made to mess with ragnarok, the rule was designed to start the improvement of RC. Heck, it's effective, as even ragnarok has improved ffs. I repeat, this rule wasn't made to mess with ragnarok, but made to improve RC.

[/quote]

If they're not ready for RC, they shouldn't comment, but just post cards for a while. And take the criticism, of coarse. Then, when they have enough experience (or when they just feel like it), they're free to start posting feedback to other people.

[/quote]

You're blind, if you can't see that RC is improving. And no, this rule will not hurt newbies, it will only hurt people who aren't willing to change for a better future for RC.

[quote name='Æther Royce' timestamp='1323459037' post='5697346']
You're blind, if you can't see that RC is improving. And no, this rule will not hurt newbies, it will only hurt people who aren't willing to change for a better future for RC.
[/quote]

im not blind, im just saying that im still seeing alot of mini comments, i need to word things better v.v it works, enough said

you sound flustered, sorry if i upset you, just putting in my feedback <3

[color=#9BA2A9][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color]

Doesn't apply to people with 300 or less posts or have been here for less than a month (whichever is more beneficial to the user). How?

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1323462778' post='5697456']

[color=#9BA2A9][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]im basically saying this is gonna end up hurting newbies (or as im already seeing, doing nothing at all lol)[/size][/font][/color]

Doesn't apply to people with 300 or less posts or have been here for less than a month (whichever is more beneficial to the user). How?
[/quote]

It's cool how you have that in the rule, sorry to hear about whatever's going on :(

It has been over a month since this idea was first conceived and then brought to life here in RC, and one is incredibly proud. I chose to sit this out for a long time, as I saw that my presence in this experiment of sorts might skew the results in some way. As a person who is rather steadfast in arguments, my defence of the idea could only harm it. And now that we are at the stage where the Advanced Clause is in full effect, I am happy to be a part of an idea that has blossomed in such a fantastic way. RC is still very much in a stop-gap phase. We are at the stage where we are still issuing only verbal warnings for breaching the Advanced Clause. However, one is sure that RC is mature enough to accept what was inevitable - enforcement of the Advanced Clause.

There will be discussions involving oneself and Josh as soon as possible. So, as a warning to everyone not abiding by the AC - you don't have much time. The Advanced Clause is a rule, and a rule with a purpose. If it is broken, you will be punished.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1324568360' post='5723176']
So, does it [b]have to be 48 words[/b] or can I [b]abridge as long as it has the same effect? [/b]I mean, if my post is 30 words but to the point, do I have to find an extra 18 words somewhere?
[/quote]

To be honest, the rule is basically to make sure that you write something intelligent.

As long as you don't write something useless, you don't have to strictly abide by the length rules.

[quote name='Shard' timestamp='1324568360' post='5723176']
So, does it [b]have to be 48 words[/b] or can I [b]abridge as long as it has the same effect? [/b]I mean, if my post is 30 words but to the point, do I have to find an extra 18 words somewhere?
[/quote]

Until Mikhail Contacts me, and the holiday season is over (mines extended because Sister and my birthday are close to christmas). I'm just going to say it... don't be exceedingly stupid or arrogant and I won't even so much as lift a digital finger. IoW: Don't do something so horrible and/or hideously moronic to where I have to be notified of it over Skype/MSN/PSN.

• 1 month later...

I was promised to finalize it via PM or whatever... they never got to me; they NEVER DO. And if you havent noticed, I've been quite inactive lately.
And my week is already marked to be busy (outside obvious game and personal time). Ugh, got half a mind to revoke their mod status and find new people at this rate, they havent been doing their "jobs" at all.

• 1 month later...

Archived