</Marked for Modification>

Mehmani

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1320893207' post='5629890']
12 words minimum per sentence then?
[i]"This is a good card."[/i] - 5 words
[i]"This card has good OCG."[/i] - 5 words
[i]"Doesnt seem too broken."[/i] - 4 words
[i]"Seems creative enough."[/i] - 3 words

The general 4 outlined required sentences per post. Amounting to a total of 17/48 minimum, a little over one third the actual required amount if you were to bareskin a post. 12 SEEMS fine?
[/quote]

That's my math regarding why 12 words is fitting. It doesnt take effort at all to voice an opinion on something, even less then the average person in my experience has at least 40wpm. Those report papers were nothing, this is less than that. 12 is fine. Not to mention you already have 3 things built for you plus something 100% opinionated, and it was designed around the primary 3 aspects of cardmaking.[list]
[*][i]Card Grammar or Ruling Faults[/i]
[*][i]Balance[/i]
[*][i]Creativity[/i]
[*][i]Personal Opinion[/i]
[/list]
What difficulty is there?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1321214544' post='5638132']
It is vital to know, that said restriction is removed for a user once they have posted the required limit on said topic. And gained again when posting in another topic. So you just have to post your first post proper, after that you are free to discuss freely and as you please in that topic (within common sense and within the rules with some degree of relaxedness because of the obvious effort involved for most users). As well as anyone under 300 posts or been here for 1 month, whichever is more beneficial to the user, will be reduced to only needing to post just 3 points and 1 personal remark, without any sentence requirements.
[/quote]

This makes the whole idea more suitable

I always thought that the Advanced Clause was only ever going to be in FanFic and Role Playing but i'll bite. I usually post a good 30 Words for a Mini Review anyway so I have no real problem with this. I hope this isn't just a dig at 1 member though. Sure feels liek it.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1321540273' post='5648496']
I always thought that the Advanced Clause was only ever going to be in FanFic and Role Playing but i'll bite. I usually post a good 30 Words for a Mini Review anyway so I have no real problem with this. I hope this isn't just a dig at 1 member though. Sure feels liek it.
[/quote]

Yes, because when nearly every member here does this it's a dig towards 1 member, right?

[quote name='Lunæ' timestamp='1321563372' post='5649078']
The post doesn't have to be as long as you put it to be good C&C; It looks a little dumb when stretched to that (imo).

Have a nice time enforcing it.

( I wouldn't mind a trial run, though. )
[/quote]

You realise the mods know when a post is good, even if it is short.

It's more of a guideline, good CnC won't be punished if it's legitimately good. It just stops people from posting literally nothing constructive.

[quote name='Evil Tristan' timestamp='1321564192' post='5649116']
You realise the mods know when a post is good, even if it is short.

It's more of a guideline, good CnC won't be punished if it's legitimately good. It just stops people from posting literally nothing constructive.
[/quote]
So make the rule, then let people not follow it because they're giving "good" cnc. I'd say if you're going to make an advanced clause like this, enforce it, don't pick and choose.

I support the idea. Yes, I agree with people who say that RC would become less active. However, quality over quantity. I'd rather get 1-2 long and helpful responses, than 10 in style of "kewl card make moar 10/10. I'm not sure if OP clause would exactly work, but I guess it could be adjusted. I think a trial run should help everyone decide.

You people are impossible. [i][b]WE [/b][/i]open these threads to be democratic about decisions like this. So you all may find the middle ground through discussion or maybe prove the idea wrong. Hell, even voice disapproval. But I know this thing has seeped through the social cracks as every major rule has, a lot of you disagree. But it isn't my fault. Post yourself (yes this means you specific members who don't feel like posting but know you have to), the one cannot speak for the many. And you've lost your chances, it's now Monday a little more than a week after this was posted. You had your chances to act.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][b]This rule gets enacted for 1-2 weeks, starting during the following hour after this post has been made. So get yourself ready. Now.[/b][/font][/color][/size]

I will keep this thread open in some vain attempt to get the rest of you who have not spoken, to do so. But it will only stay up until tomorrow morning Hawaii Time. After that, another thread will take its place outlining this entirely and it will not be open to discussion.

Is it true that Rag's posting privilages have been removed? If so then that is a seriously dick move as I believe that he has improved quite a bit in the last few Months. You want a Spammer? How about Professor Chronos in the past? Seriously, I am a little peeved that this rule is now in effect and heck I will say this right now, one of the most active RC posters is essentially banned. Top notch.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1321909380' post='5657490']
Is it true that Rag's posting privilages have been removed? If so then that is a seriously dick move as I believe that he has improved quite a bit in the last few Months. You want a Spammer? How about Professor Chronos in the past? Seriously, I am a little peeved that this rule is now in effect and heck I will say this right now, [b]one of the most active RC posters is essentially banned.[/b] Top notch.
[/quote]

Quality > Quantity.

I did my rounds, didnt see anyone lately; and if I'm mistaken please correct me so I may punish those people as well. You also know how much I require reports, I got them. It wasn't a bad move it wasnt even anything, it was policy.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321909716' post='5657524']
As I said, they shouldn't pick and choose who doesn't follow the rules. If Rag ignored the sticky and posted short responses that didn't fit the guidelines, he can be post locked. Same for everybody.
[/quote]
I guess..... Still felt a bit like a Witchhunt to me. To find the perfect reason to put Rag out of action.

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1321909773' post='5657529']
I guess..... Still felt a bit like a Witchhunt to me. To find the perfect reason to put Rag out of action.
[/quote]
I could care less about Rag. Tbh, I never cared what he was doing, good or bad. But there are also a lot of +1 posts, like "good card bro" or "no, just no". By both "good" and "bad" members.

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1321909802' post='5657533']
It's not. Even you asked for something like this some year ago.
[/quote]
That was when Rag's comments were less then 10 Words long and usually had a number. Now he actually does point out a few flaws. Still suprised how fast he can type lol

Do not consider him a factor. He is not. I put this in because the right person spoke up, at the right time and it shifted my opinion. Coupled with the fact that it has been asked for, since we started on this website and I've been against it since. Luck of the draw is what happened, that's it.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle' timestamp='1321910082' post='5657554']
Pretty sure it was brought up by Welche too, who has no real place in the "war"
[/quote]

But until Rinne spoke up, I did not approve of it at all. And Rinne is even more disconnected from this than Welche is.

I'd like to put this on the table. Since the conformation that the RC Advanced Clause was going to happen, I did a bit of practice with some Contest Reviews. Twelves words a sentence with a minimum of four sentences sounds easy, right? Well, I came across cards well done that there really wasn't much to say in some of the points I wanted to make. I think we should just have an overall minimum word count instead of a minimum word count for every sentence.

I feel that this suggestion would work the best because there will be some points that you would have more to say about than others. With an overall minimum word count, it would give a bit of leeway to the poster as well as bring out a quality review. This will also put a bit of stress of the poster as they think about the points they are wanting to make.

Now that I have voiced my concern and suggestion, I guess there is nothing left to do but wait for an answer.

From the following three examples, there was an average of 116 words per example. Now, some of my points were less than the current requirement of 12 words a sentence with a minimum of 3-4 points, but the other points in each review made up for it. Now, I see nothing wrong with the overall minimum word count of 48, which is what the current requirement adds up to. For your records, I have been reviewing in card contests for a bit now, so it comes naturally for me. However, I also think about other reviewers who aren't as comfortable and experience. That plays a role in the quality of their reviews and the amount they have to say.

[spoiler=Examples with total word counts]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Card Grammar was great, I just had to nit pick some thing. I see nothing that can hamper me from understanding this card. Italics is just some confusion with the wording that doesn't hamper how I understand the effect.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Ah FIRE, I used to run a FIRE Deck. Nice Catastor effect. I also like the use it has on and off the field. Creativity wise, good work. Playability wise, I would use this. It gives FIRE an edge. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]I don't see much worry for balance at all. It has use when it is destroyed, which makes up for the no Special Summon clause. Everything is in harmony. 109 words[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Your Card Grammar stuck with the basics and did reletively well. I would have like you to stretch out further, but it was good. (detatch is detach)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Basic effect is basic. Not much to say about it creatively.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]The effect gets the job done, as well as its ATK. I think this would see use in a DARK Deck, probably Chaos as well.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]The 3000 ATK is an iffy. It increases playabilty, but questions balance for me. I think the ends justify the means though.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Overall, a well made DARK monster. 91 words[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Your Card Grammar had a few minor errors in it as you can see underlined. The card was easy to understand, even with the minor errors.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]I did enjoy you use of Counters, Renji. I don't see much cards that deal with Counters any more, but you brought creativity by doing that.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]My main issue though is its playability for the first effect. I don't think people would even use the first effect. The second effect may be good for certain cards like Royal Magical Library (if people still use that), but the use is limited.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Now, I see some issues with balance. At the cost of 300 Life Points, you can double the amount of Counters on any particular card. Some cards like Vennominaga could use that to win quicker. That is one example, but you can get my point.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Overall, a decent card. 147 words[/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]

Now, you don't have to change your policy Josh. I will respect the decision you make concerning this matter. I just wanted to voice my concern.

Archived