John A. Zoidberg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Itachi V. Remo' timestamp='1321230207' post='5639093']
Well

The one to be Roasted (at least later anyhow) would have been Fusion X. Denver
[/quote]

The voting gets cleared after each roast, but I added a vote this upcoming one, since I figured you'd want me to. ^_^ Tell me if you didn't actually want me to.

[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1321229528' post='5639033']
True. Maybe a monthly event? We'll do one this week, and a week when most people are free in December, if that sounds a bit better. Still, I think it'd be easier and with a lot less confusion if I just did it through a thread.

Though the events will transpire throughout a week regardless. Just not a weekly basis. Four weeks of voting and applying would get very excessive.
[/quote]
You don't need to do four weeks of voting. Just 1 week. Take 3 weeks off. Comedy Central, the New York Friar's Club, only do it yearly. You think they spend 364 days of prepwork and practice to put it together?

[quote name='PikaPerson01' timestamp='1321231214' post='5639146']
You don't need to do four weeks of voting. Just 1 week. Take 3 weeks off. Comedy Central, the New York Friar's Club, only do it yearly. You think they spend 364 days of prepwork and practice to put it together?
[/quote]

Believe me, I get what you mean, and that's what's gonna happen. The good thing is, however, I got the idea on a Sunday, so we CAN do it this week, and I feel like me as well as a lot of other people are curious to see how it works out asap.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1321231383' post='5639155']
Does it have to be live? How about you just let roasters send in their roasts (since they're gonna type everything anyways, might as well send in the whole thing) and then you present them all together in the new thread?
[/quote]

That's a good idea, actually. I just figured it would be a bit more exciting if it was live, I announced the people, etc.

[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1321231455' post='5639162']

That's a good idea, actually. I just figured it would be a bit more exciting if it was live, I announced the people, etc.
[/quote]

Thing is though, if you think about your audience, a lot of people will just settle for reading everything later when they log on after doing something else. There's something wrong if you're prioritizing YCM events over IRL obligations.

One other option is you could have your roasters record their roasts and send them to you, then you compile them into a Youtube video or something. Of course, not everyone has a microphone, but whatever works.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1321231879' post='5639190']
Thing is though, if you think about your audience, a lot of people will just settle for reading everything later when they log on after doing something else. There's something wrong if you're prioritizing YCM events over IRL obligations.

One other option is you could have your roasters record their roasts and send them to you, then you compile them into a Youtube video or something. Of course, not everyone has a microphone, but whatever works.
[/quote]

Well, I mean, I get where you're coming from, but I'm thinking of the actual event itself. It would be much easier to do everything live when the roasters are on (I think there will only be 4-7 anyway), and get it over with than have everything compiled and have to be organized. I'm not saying that we prioritize YCM over IRL events, but I think most people have 10-20 minutes to type a roast.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1321232216' post='5639210']
Oh, so you're saying everyone has their roasts ready, then you open the thread, then let the roasters each post their roast, allowing time for people to react to each?
If the roasters can comply, that's fine.
[/quote]

Well no, here's how it works:

I announce everyone who's roasting, announce the roastee, make any other announcements, then introduce the fire roaster, maybe doing a mild insult in the process. Then that person roasts (it doesn't matter if they have it ready or not, they just post after I do), then I introduce the next person, they roast, etc. Then, at the end, I introduce the roastee, they react to everyone, then I close.

[quote name='Itachi V. Remo' timestamp='1321232866' post='5639246']
Like I said

I don't care when or how

I just wanna roast the hell outta Fuse :3
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Who the hell doesn't?[/color]
[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1321233160' post='5639264']
It is if enough people vote for him. ^_^
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Just figuring this out with Brad so we can get the most votes possible for Denver when the time seems the best. :3[/color]

I have 1 person in mind, who deserves a roast more than ANYONE, but his pessimism would never allow it. It'd be entertaining and respectful really (as roasts have to have some form of respect in them not just blatant insults even if it seems that way).

So...
Armadilloz
Why they should be roasted: He's got his own degree of stereotypes (that I poke fun at when we talk) enough for a quality roast and his behavior is well known throughout all sections.
Whether or not they are active: Should be o.O...

Archived