YCM Roasts! (First Roastee: Atman!)

John A. Zoidberg

Yup, you got it! We're roasting YCM members! Here's how it works:
Each week, in this thread, you guys vote who you want to be roasted, and I start a thread for that roast. As well, you apply to be one of the roasters, and I choose who will roast. So without further delay, I present the rules for YCM roasts!

1. Keep all comments appropriate.
2. You can only post in the roast threads if you were chosen to roast that week.
3. You must post in the order I give you.
4. The person being roasted MUST be consenting, which means they HAVE to be active.
5. The person being chosen will be chosen on Wednesday each week, and the roasters will be chosen on Friday. The roast itself will take place on Saturday.
6. Don't vote for yourself.
7. Vote as many times as you want.

And if you want to apply a person to be roasted, you can (but are not obligated to) fill this out:

Why they should be roasted:
Whether or not they are active:

Let's have fun with this, guys!

[spoiler=Voting Scores]
[/spoiler]

Voting for the first roast is officially over, and Atman has been chosen. I've cleared the scores and began to find out who can and will do the roast. As of right now, it'll take place on Saturday night at somewhere between 9-11 pm EST. Our definite roasters right now are Desperado Panda, Izaya Orihara, and Jake the Sage. A possibility of roasting is Wandering Artist- Issun. As well, out other hopefuls are Phantom Roxas and Itachi V. Remo.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321218219' post='5638416']
Usually roasting someone means playfully attacking someone you sort of like. Not finding an excuse to insult someone you think you're better than.

Why not roast one of the more well-liked members?
[/quote]

It's awkward because I actually meant your former statement anyway :S

Shard is awful, but he's a key part of TCG so he's worth the interview. Besides, no-one was gonna insult him tons. He's vaguely improved in the past few months. Unless you don't go into TCG that much.

:S

So, I still go with a suggestion for Shard.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1321218586' post='5638438']
Does anyone use Justin.tv and/or Skype? I think it would be cool to have these roasts live, with the audience being in a chat.
[/quote]

Yeah, it would, but that could cause complications for certain members. Not everyone has a webcam. I COULD create a non-video chatroom instead of a separate thread.

My main problem is that I don't want EVERYONE roasting them, just a small council/group of people.

[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1321219069' post='5638468']
Alright, to everyone saying stuff about how this isn't a true roast:

We're on YCM. There's not a whole lot of other ways this can work. I said roast because it sounds better then "YCM Playfully Insult People Time!" Deal with it.
[/quote]

Exactly, which is why this should be "YCM Playfully Insult People Time!".

It's either that or we talk about their good and bad points.

Shard is still a valid candidate, just with more bad points.

[quote name='Cursed Reaction' timestamp='1321219159' post='5638479']
Exactly, which is why this should be "YCM Playfully Insult People Time!".

It's either that or we talk about their good and bad points.

Shard is still a valid candidate, just with more bad points.
[/quote]

The thing is, not everyone gets to roast. Only a small group of people do. I called it a roast because it's catchier. Yes, we are still playfully insulting people, but within reason.

[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1321219255' post='5638491']

The thing is, not everyone gets to roast. Only a small group of people do. I called it a roast because it's catchier. Yes, we are still playfully insulting people, but within reason.
[/quote]

Shard can still be roast[b]ed[/b].

Whoever roasts him should be able to keep it within reason, if they're clever.

Two People:

[spoiler=☽☖☠☗☾JAX☼COB☽☗☠☖☾]Why they should be roasted: I feel it would be incredibly funny. :3
Whether or not they are active: Yes, they are.

Why you want to roast: I know him, and we are friends.
How long you've known the person chosen for: Since, like July, so about 5 months.
Why you think you should be chosen: I am his friend and know, some, secret stuff. :3[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Desperado Panda]Why they should be roasted: Desu is cool, but some people might have some stuff to say. :D

How long you've known the person chosen for: Since, like June, so about 5 1/2 months.
Why you think you should be chosen: i know him and we are [i]close[/i].[/spoiler]

The roaster app and the person to be roasted thing are in there.

And I vote for myself to be roasted since someone else already did. :D

[quote name='Glitch' timestamp='1321220011' post='5638557']
Two People:

[spoiler=☽☖☠☗☾JAX☼COB☽☗☠☖☾]Why they should be roasted: I feel it would be incredibly funny. :3

How long you've known the person chosen for: Since, like July, so about 5 months.
Why you think you should be chosen: I am his friend and know, some, secret stuff. :3[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Desperado Panda]Why they should be roasted: Desu is cool, but some people might have some stuff to say. :D

How long you've known the person chosen for: Since, like June, so about 5 1/2 months.
Why you think you should be chosen: i know him and we are [i]close[/i].[/spoiler]

The roaster app and the person to be roasted thing are in there.

And I vote for myself to be roasted since someone else already did. :D
[/quote]

Don't apply for roaster until the roastee is chosen. It's a lot less complicated that way. Also, I'd prefer if you didn't vote for yourself. :/ Lemme put that in the rules real quick.

[quote name='Tentacruel' timestamp='1321220056' post='5638560']
Shard could be roasted well, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone[b] will[/b] do it well.
[/quote]

Which, again, is why I pick the people to roast, and why they have to fill out an application. Believe me, I want this to be as civilized as possible.

[quote name='John A. Zoidberg' timestamp='1321221186' post='5638643']
Read the rules please.
[/quote]

Ugh... I feel like an idiot now. I read the rules and I guess I was just confused or something... idk. It was a confirmation I guess... but stupid. [s]All the more reason I should be nominated.[/s]

I can't really think of anyone else tbh. I guess I second the choice of daemon, because although he pretty much is the graphix god of ycm, he acts like it in kind of an annoying way.

Archived