I can't suffer decks that aren't exactly 40 cards

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are your decks all exactly 40 cards?

• Yes
    • No

[quote name='Dog King' timestamp='1321748603' post='5653944']
40-42 is fine with me
[/quote]

^ This

40-42 is acceptable in most cases, 40 is typically optimal but slightly over doesn't usually hurt in most cases.

I tend to stick with 40 unless I'm playing Lightsworn in which case I go 42 (less chance of a dead Wulf or getting clogged with JDs) usually.

Personally, I like all my decks to be an even number just because It's an OCD I have. But yes, 40 cards is the most consistent number and consistency wins games. Unless you want more cards to prevent you drawing specific things, I'd say 43 is the max you should ever have, and that's in a few decks. Pretty much, there's something that can be cut to make the Deck 40 Cards in a lot of situations. It really depends on what you're playing and the type of player you are, to be honest.

[quote name='Mysty' timestamp='1321751792' post='5654078']
I run 41 because one of the guys at my locals is a troll and I'm afraid he's going to make a Morphing Jar FTK deck. The 41st card makes it so he can't FTK me and will likely lose if he tries.
[/quote]

Got a DN? I'll show you how Morphing Jar FTKs against decks higher than 40.

I beat a kid with a 60 card deck using Empty jar at locals.

[quote name='RobotBowtieOfDestruction' timestamp='1321755157' post='5654168']
Got a DN? I'll show you how Morphing Jar FTKs against decks higher than 40.

I beat a kid with a 60 card deck using Empty jar at locals.
[/quote]

i don't have a DN, but you can message me a decklist and its various tricks. Perhaps I'll show it to the locals troll and he can troll with something that isn't meta.

Archived