MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Wonder's face turned bright red when Sniffy first hugged him, but he was almost kinda used to it at this point, and soon disregarded it. He turned back to the map, until he heard Sniffy and Storm talking, "Blazy?" Wonder questioned, "Never mind. Sniffy's right, Storm. Sorry, but we DO have to walk. You two can fly if you want, but you'll have to watch your pace, please" he explained. "Maybe if we had more Pegasi, I wouldn't mind as much, but for now, there's three times as many earth ponies or unicorns as there are Pegasi"

Honeypot smiled and put a hoof on Storm's shoulder, "It's okay, Storm, we'll be fine. What's two days anyway?" she assured him.

Wonder smiled at her, "See? Honeypot's right. Now, let's not waste anytime, alright?"

The group continued on forward, after Honeypot bid farewell to her family. They walked forward as a group for a good many hours, before the sun dipped below the horizon. Wonder brought out his map and studied it. "Okay, we covered some good distance tonight, but it's getting late, so I'll set up a camp." He caused a brush, inkwell, and piece of parchment to appear in front of him, and drew a tent on it. His horn glowed violet, and a total of five tents appeared in the field around them. Wonder suddenly looked worn out, and was panting. "Whew... Sorry... about the meager accommodations. I can only... make things so big... And it takes less energy... to make five 'two-pony tents' than it does to make nine 'one pony' tents. I'm not... exactly... the best magician" he explained, "So... everypony take a tent, I suppose" he said, then collapsed to the ground, "I'll get in one in a second... right now, this ground is really comfy"

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Wow, nice job Wonder. I think these will do just fine, not AS cool as Sly's really comfy beds bu-" She stopped herself mid-sentence. "Not implying your tents aren't cool- or that Sly has better accommodations- just- I-" She sighed, a bit embarrassed. "Uh, nevermind." She said with a nervous smile.

Blazer walked over to Wonder. She brought out her hoof and urged him to get up. "Come on Wonder, I don't want you lying on the cold ground for too long." She brushed her mane with her other hoof and giggled as she said this.

Wonder looked up at Blazer. He took her hoof, and stood up, "Um... Right. Thanks" he said. "And, really, they're not that great. We only need them for the night though, so we should be fine. When we wake up tomorrow, we'll have a quick breakfast, then we can leave" he told everyone. He walked into one of the tents, then lied down on one of the two padded bags that were to serve as mattresses. Though it appeared that he was resting, his mind was active as usual. [i]'Blazer does seem to care about me...' [/i]he mused, [i]'But then, so does Morning, I suppose...' [/i]he countered. He felt himself getting another headache, and tried to expel the arguments from his brain.

Honeypot hummed in thought for a bit. She didn't particularly like the idea of sleeping in tents, but she had more manners than to say that out loud. Despite her reluctance, she decided it was better than nothing, and trotted into one of the tents.

Storm nodded. "Sleeping. Sounds good. So, who's sleeping with who?"

He then looked at Honeypot, and glanced away blushing a bit. He then walked away a bit, planning to just join whoever was left without a partner. Sniffy raised an eyebrow as she saw him. Then, she neared him a bit, smirking.

"Hey Storm, wanna go to sleep in MY tent?~"

Storm blinked. "Wait, what? Why me?"

"Would you rather sleep with someone else?"

"N-no, that's not-"

"Then I'll sleep with ya~"

"I wanna sleep with Honeypot!" he finall burst out, then looked around and sighed. "How troublesome..."

Sniffy smirked, as she walked past Honeypot, giving her a wink. "Yer welcome~"

Blazer slowly walked over to the tent Wonder had gone into. "Hey Wonder, I uh... I just came over here and was thinking- oh, you alright?" She said as she saw him. "You seem almost worried over something." She said with concern.

She then looked towards the ground and stepped forward into the tent. "And um... well, I also came over here to ask- well... would you mind at all if I slept with you? I mean, I'm sort of used to it, after sleeping in your mane for a short while." Trying to keep from blushing, she tried to laugh a bit.

Wonder looked up towards Blazer, "Oh, um... It's nothing..." he lied, "Well... It's a lot actually" he admitted, "I can't really t- Um... I mean... I don't really wanna talk about it" he muttered, finding himself unable to lie to her, looking down at the ground, his face red. He looked back up at Blazer, his face burned furiously, "O-oh, um... S-sure! I-I don't mind at all" he replied. He quickly turned his face away, and knowing he must have been blushing extremely badly.

Honeypot glared at Sniffy for a bit, on instinct, but then chuckled a bit, and smirked, "Maybe your not as annoying as I thought" she muttered, almost silent. She ducked into one of the tents, then poked her head, "You comin', Storm?"

Sly yawned, "Well, it could be better, but I suppose it's better than sleeping on the cold ground." He trotted over into one of the empty tents, then called from inside, "Nopony bother me! I prefer to sleep alone"

Blazer looked at Wonder. "Thanks, I really do appreciate it." She walked completely inside Wonder's tent and sat down beside him. She looked at him, slightly worried. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it? I mean, I'd hate to be nosy, but I can't stand to see you worry. If you think you should, then you can tell me."

She smiled and looked over at his blushing face, hers being just about as red. "Okay, Wonder?" She then lied down and started gazing at the top of the tent.

Crescent and Morning sat together, out in the open air, a short distance from the circle of tents their friends had all tucked themselves away into. They were star-gazing, peering out into the wide night sky. "[i]Leo, Virgo, Orion...[/i]" Morning recited the constellations she knew. Crescent looked over at her. Morning looked back in turn.
"[i]...Still thinking of him?[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]Yes... I am.[/color][/i]" Crescent looked back up to the sky.
"[i]To think, that he's possessed by that demon...[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]I cannot help but feel I should have done something back then.[/color][/i]"
Morning followed suit, gazing up at the stars.
"[i]Me too...[/i][i] I should have gone to him that day. Then, things might not have been so bad.[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]Though, he was lost within the fray. It should not make you feel so sad.[/color][/i]"
"[i]And now, there's danger everywhere.[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]Though we are ready to set things right here.[/color][/i]"
"[i]But how can you say that we will be okay? To come back another day?[/i]"
Morning gave a saddened sigh.
"[i]What will become of our old friend? Even our world is soon to end...[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]You know, dear sister, that's not true. We can take his life back, me and you.[/color][/i]"
"[i]There's so much left for us to face.[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]I am not worried. For we have hurried.[/color][/i]"
"[i]Of course... We'll stop that demon's evil plan, and save our friend again.[/i]"
Crescent leaned back down, laying himself on the ground. Morning lay down next to him, shutting her eyes.

Wonder looked back at Blazer, and tried to look like he was perfectly fine. "No, Blazer, I just... Sorry. I just can't tell you" he explained, "It's just... Never mind, just... don't worry about me, I'm fine" he assured her. He turned away, and closed his eyes, "Now please, get some rest, we could certainly use it" he said, then let himself fall asleep.

The next morning came, and Wonder arose from his slumber. He roused the others, and they ate a quick breakfast of bread before leaving off on their journey once again. The group traveled the entire day, stopping once only to eat shortly, then fell to another small area, where they again camped for the night. After that night, they continued on their journey once more, and when the sun was just about to begin dipping behind the horizon, they arrived at the brilliant walls of the city of Canterlot.

"Here it is, everypony" Wonder said, "The wonderful city of Canterlot, capitol of Equestria, and the largest concentration of wizards, mages, and magicians on the planet. The Princesses used to live in their palace here, until... Well, Shadow Wing happened" he recalled. He led the group inside the city. Originally, he had planned to find some cheap shelter for their time, but Sly had offered to keep them in the nicest hotel they could find.

"When you're a colt of my... eh... talents, you're not poor" he explained, "I've got enough money to last a group of twenty for a year, with good food and shelter"

And so, the group eventually ended up in a five-star hotel, which was much nicer than the cold tents they slept in the last two days. As they reached their rooms, Honeypot looked at Sly, "I am so glad we added you to the group" she told him.

"Yeah, I'm pretty awesome" he agreed.

Wonder turned to the group, "Ah, just one itty bitty problem" he began, "We're out of food. Like, completely. We're going to have to go into town to buy groceries tomorrow" he told the group.

"No prob. I'm rich, remember?" Sly pointed out "Just take my money into town, get all the food we'll ever need," he said.

Wonder smiled, "Thanks Sly. You've been a massive help ever since you joined the group. Really, thank you"

"Yeah yeah, I know, I'm perfect, don't need to remind me"

"Yeeah, he's pretty awesome alright," Storm said with a slight hint of jealousy in his voice, though he had to admit, that pony was pretty handy. Something still seemed shady about him, but it wasn't anything alarming. Yet.

He sighed. "Thinking. How troublesome....anyway, Honeypot, you comin?"

He nudged her hoof, and then turned to walk to their room. This was a 5-star Hotel. So he might as well enjoy the luxurious life for a bit. Something that seemed to be impossible for the past week or so.

Blazer looked at Wonder, still worried. "Okay, well, if you say so." She rubbed his mane with her forehoof a bit and went to sleep herself.

The next day, the group had arrived at a 5-star hotel in Canterlot, paid for by Sly. "Wow, this is one lovely place to stay. It seems like too much to be honest, but as long as you guys are happy." She trotted over beside Sly. "I wanna thank you as well. This is all just so great. I knew I was right, seeing the good in you." She smiled at him.

"Yeah, yeah, look, I really don't need your compliments," Sly said, he turned around and went off to his own room, "Friggin' annoying is what it is" he muttered quietly.

"Yeah, I'm coming" Honeypot replied, and followed Storm into their room.

Wonder looked over a Blazer, complimenting Sly, and couldn't help feel slightly jealous. He quickly trotted over to Blazer, "Um, yeah, right, uh, let's all get some sleep" he said, and then quickly went off to his own room, and began sleeping.

The night passed without incident, and Wonder awoke. He roused the others, and gathered them. "Well, so, I'm going to be going in to town for groceries in a bit" he explained, "Would any of you like to join me?"

Storm sighed. He looked at Honeypot, her eyes closed and her breathing
soft. Today was Heart's and Hooves day.

"Of course, I've never cared about it before...but..."

He sighed again, as music began to play in the background.

[i]Just a week before...
Some troubled I wished to ignore
Some weird adventure, but who would of have thought[/i]

"That I would be part of the lot?" Storm said, jumping on top of the bed.

[b][i]That he would be part of the lot?~[/i][/b]

[i]Now it's too late, you see
Though I do still wish to be free[/i]

"If I am free, but tea is the key, to my love, then she is..." he muttered, stumbling a bit from the slight shaking of the mattress, but he caught his balance before he fell, his face near Honeypot's.

[color=#800000][b][i]Si?~[/i][/b][/color]

Suddenly, Storm was picked up from the bed by background ponies, and carried off the bed, as they all lifted him up, making him rock up and down a bit.

[i][b]Storm is in-[/b][/i]

"No..."

[b][i]He confessed with a grin-[/i][/b]

"I only said 'like'!"

[i][b]Oooooh can't you see?~
Springtime has come for you birdies~
It's time to let go and be free~
You love her, wouldn't you agree?~[/b][/i]

"To a lesser degree..."

[i]The problem still remains...
I'm still quite bound by chains
It can't be so hard, but there are some strains[/i]

"If I adore, would it be a chore, or make me snore, but that's..." Storm said, before the crowd of background ponies let him fall on the bed, on the edge, so he was sitting.

[color=#800000][b][i]No!~[/i][/b][/color]

Some background ponies went and opened the curtains, as two more brought a nice breakfast on a large platter for both Storm and Honeypot. The room was quickly decorated with a few roses and some nice decorations to make it a bit more romantic. Storm glanced at Honeypot, and his face reddened a bit.

[i][b]Storm is blushing now-[/b][/i]

"I..."

[b][i]His true emotions will allow-[/i][/b]

"It's not quite..."

[i][b]Oooooh can't you feel?~
Springtime has come, it is ideal~
It's time to let go, no big deal~
You love her, so what's the ordeal?~[/b][/i]

"Oh fine, I love her, for real!" he shouted, giving in, before falling back onto the bed.

The background ponies all giggled, and dispersed, leaving Storm alone with Honeypot as if nothing had even happened.

Though they had just had a huge musical number.

Despite the fact Honeypot was deep in her sleep

But because this was a musical number

It did not really matter.

"Yeah, we should." Blazer looked curiously at Wonder before heading off to bed.

Wonder woke her up after the night was through, and she started her morning routine as usual. "Gotta be in top shape for this." She said as she was doing her push-ups. "And done." She sighed and walked over to take a quick bath.

When she came out, now all squeaky clean, she greeted the others with a pleasant "Good morning." She walked over to Wonder. "I'll come along with you, Wonder. You and I will have a fun time shopping." She sounded very gleeful as she prepared to leave.

Honeypot woke up with a yawn, having completely slept through the large musical number. She looked around the room, then blinked, to make sure she was really seeing everything right. "Uh... Storm? Did you do this?"

Wonder nodded at Blazer, and swallowed back nervousness. "Alright, let's... uh, let's go" He said, and began hesitantly walking out with her. While they walked, Wonder couldn't help but still think about his earlier predicament. He seemed to be staring intently at the ground, as his mind wandered. When they entered the market, he snapped out of it momentarily and looked up, "Oh, um, we're here... Um... okay... bread, vegetables, fruit, wheat... Do we need anything else, specifically?" he asked Blazer.

"Hmm, hmm, hmm~" She hummed as she left with Wonder.

As they were walking to the market, Blazer couldn't help but notice Wonder gazing at the ground. "Oh, Wonder. What's got you so worried...?"

As they entered the market, Blazer tried to be as positive as possible to get Wonder away from his worries. "Okay then! Let's get some foods!" She started off towards the nearest vendor to buy some apples and cherries.

War stood behind the vendor's shack and watched. [b]"Wow, someone's in a good-"[/b] Blazer noticed him and tossed an apple at him.

"Oops, dropped one!" She said to Wonder as she trotted over to War. "Listen, unless your here to help buy us some food, then kindly leave us be."

[b]"You... you were boring me anyway."[/b] He vanished in thin air.

She wandered back over to Wonder. "Sorry, let's keep going shall we?"

Wonder smiled weakly at Blazer, "Please, Blazer, I'm fine. Really" he replied, [i]'I wish I could tell you the truth...' [/i]he thought silently. In a fit of frustration, he accidentally breathed a small stream of Rose Fire from his muzzle, despite his assurance that he was fine. "Um... Sorry about that" He apologized quickly, "Let's... yeah, let's keep going" he agreed. The two of them made their way through the market, collecting the food that they needed. They ended up at a wheat stall, and after buying all they needed, Wonder payed, and began to leave. Before they could get very far, the vendor called, "Happy Hearts and Hooves day, you two!" which caused Wonder's face to turn bright red. He quickly turned around a shook his head, "Uh- Eh- N-no, it's not like that!" he stammered, "We're n-not a-" his voice caught in his throat, and he had to swallow quickly. "Um- G-goodbye!" he said quickly, then began hastily trotting off out of the market.

"Hmm, I'm sorry Wonder. I just worry is all." She trotted along with him and continued shopping for a while.

After they had gotten everything they needed, one vendor yelled out "Happy Hearts and Hooves day, you two!" Her face turned as red as Wonder's. "You think- well no but- he and I- uhumm..." She trotted off along with Wonder. "Y-yes, goodbye!"

After things had calmed down a bit, Blazer looked over towards Wonder. "Um, well that was odd back there."

[i]"Stupid, stupid! I didn't get him anything... wait, I think I might have actually bought that scarf from the boutique. Could I give him that? Would he even like it?"[/i]

"Hey, Wonder... I know that we're not- well, at least I don't THINK we are... but I happen to have a scarf in my bag back at the hotel. If you want it, I mean, it could be a present... you know..." She let out a nervous giggle.

"I...it was Santa Hooves.........he was feeling lonely in Heart's and Hooves day. So he came...visit. And- oh why don't we go have breakfast?" Storm asked, then opened the door for her to follow.

Shadow Wing stood alone in his room, pondering how amazingly bishonen he was, when the thought struck him that Sniffy was not back yet. He raised an eyebrow at this newly discovered fact.

"It was supposed to take her a day...alas, it has been........more than that. How odd. Sniffy is never usually late. Odd things are...odd. Oh well."

He remained looking at his own reflection, stunned at his perfect looks. Or, what he thought was perfect. For it seemed, an almost unseeable wrinkle was developing below his eye. He sighed.

"I must be getting old. But alas, it is alright. I've still got a good hundred years ahead of me. Of course....I won't need to, if Wonder..."

Wonder was still blushing as he shuffled uneasily. "Yeah, it was..." He agreed. He turned to her, "Sorry about that. Letting it get all awkward like that, I mean" he apologized. His face turned red again when Blazer mentioned giving him a scarf as a present. "A present? W-what for?" He asked, "I mean... I'd love it, obviously, but... Never mind, just... thanks, Blazer" he replied. Her action elated him, and, at least momentarily, wiped the confusion and doubt from his mind. He sat down, suddenly, "Hey, Blazer... I've actually been meaning to tell you something..." he told her, "I... Well... Never mind, it's not important. Let's get back to the hotel"

Honeypot stared blankly at Storm, "...You're crazy, Storm" she finally said, laughing. She got out of bed, "Well, whatever, sure, let's get something to eat, I am pretty hungry"

"No, no, don't be sorry. I'm just as much to blame as you." She laughed and continued along with Wonder.

She sorta tapped her hoof nervously. "Well, you know, you're so nice and all... so I figured you deserved something nice- and all. Ooo..." She blushed even further. She let out a sigh. "I'm just glad you'd like it."

Blazer looked over to see him sitting and she sat beside him. "Yes, Wonder?" She stared at him curiously. "Oh..." She looked into his eyes. "Are you sure it's not important?"

"[i]Hey, you two love-birds![/i]" Morning said loudly, popping up behind Wonder and Blazer. "[i]I know you both probably have a lot that you want to do here, but we've got a few things that need to get done, ri-[/i]" Crescent pulled Morning back to his side, cutting her off. He looked a bit annoyed. "[i][color=#0000cd]Please, dear sister, do be more careful. We are still in danger here, and we do not want to attract any unwanted or unneeded attention to ourselves or the others, yes?[/color][/i]" Crescent reminded her, tugging her back again.
"[i]Cresc, come on... It's not like I'm going around telling the world that we're back, right?[/i]"
"[color=#0000cd][i]Fair enough, I suppose... But please be more quiet.[/i][/color]"
"[i]Fine...[/i]"
After Morning had finished pouting at Crescent's scolding, the twins looked over to Wonder and Blazer. "[i][color=#0000cd]We will be making a trip to the castle's grand library. I still seek a cure for our homeland's curse. She is coming along for her own interests. Perhaps the two of you would also wish to accompany us? It may prove useful.[/color][/i]" Crescent offered.

Wonder hesitated, then slowly nodded his head, "I'm sure, Blazer... It was... It was stupid anyway," he assured her. [i]'I've been acting like such an idiot today... Blazer probably thinks so too' [/i]he thought, frustrated with himself. He tried to hide his frustration, however, and instead smiled, "Like I said, it's not important," he restated, with false cheerfulness. "Now-" he began, before he heard Morning behind them. He blushed furiously, and turned to her, "Ahah- No- We're- Never mind...." he muttered. "Oh, a library? Um, sure, that sounds nice," Wonder responded, "I'd love to come" he told them. [i]'Well, this could be nice. A trip to the library in Canterlot'[/i]

"Wonder." She nodded silently.

[i]"I know he's lying right now. He worries so much, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm partly responsible. Sometimes he can be a bit stubborn, and he doesn't like to share too often. But... I swear to Celestia, I still l-"[/i]

Blazer let out a small scream as Morning popped up behind her and Wonder. "Oh, Morning it's you. Phew... you startled me..... wait lov- we're- oh, we just dealt with this... ooo..."

She turned and looked at Morning and Cresc as they mentioned the library. "Library? I'm not much of an avid reader..." She let out a giggle. "...but, I'll go along with you guys."

"[i][color=#0000cd]Fantastic. Shall we be going, then?[/color][/i]" Crescent said, pointing over to the castle some ways away and heading off towards it.
Morning looked back to Wonder and Blazer. "[i]We shouldn't have to worry about anything going wrong while we're at the castle... As far as I know, Cresc and I are still welcome there. So, as long as you stay with us, you can visit anytime, yeah?[/i]" Morning said cheerfully. "[i]I mean, we'll probably come back and live here once this whole thing is over and done with, since we've really no place else to go... But you'll be welcome whenever![/i]" she offered, holding out a hoof for Wonder."[i]Sound good?[/i]"

Archived