MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Snowfire threw back his head and laughed. "All I've got? Not even close!" Snowfire replied, grinning smugly, "I'd show you the top of my game, but I don't think Shadow Wing would approve of me putting you in the infirmary for the next ten years!" he went on, "Say you drop those weights on your hind legs, and we'll see what happens" Snowfire proffered, then after a second, before Sonic could make a reply, he dashed forward again, this time, with a hoof pulled back, as if to punch. Before he reached Sonic, however, Snowfire dropped straight up, withdrawing his hoof. He flipped in midair, so that his hind legs were oriented towards Sonic, then, with a boost of his wings, he shoot down towards him with blinding speed, one hind leg stretched out towards Sonic's face.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You want to be all flashy? Fine...let's do this!"

Sonic clenched his teeth, and put all his strength into his right forehoof. He swung it back, then rammed it forward, onto Snowfire's hind hoof. He could feel some rebound, meaning his attack wasn't innefective. However, he knew he had it lost. His arm felt like it had just been ripped apart. In fact, his bone HAD snapped, he was pretty sure. He was flung back, and crashed onto the ground, cracking it. He lay there for a bit, shaking a bit.

"D-damn..." he muttered. "he got me good..."

Storm sat up on his bed, still pretty much asleep, and yawned.

"Mommy...?"

He rubbed his eyes, and stretched a bit. "Why did you wake me up...? it's so......not afternoon..."

Snowfire flipped backwards, absorbing the recoil from Sonic's punch. He grinned down at Sonic, "So, you admit defeat yet? We can stop any time you feel like it, just say the word, and I'll refrain from bashing your skull in even further" Snowfire suggested. "It'd be such a shame though, seeing you without taking of your hind weights. After all, that'd make a MASSIVE difference in our fight" he lamented, obviously with sarcasm.

Honeypot couldn't help but giggle when Storm called her "Mommy". She smiled sweetly at him, "Storm, come on" she prompted, "I realize you're used to being lazy, but we need to get going" she told him. "Come on, do it for me?"

Crescent's door swung open. Crescent himself was standing just in front of Wonder now, looking down at him with a look in his eyes that seemed disappointed, and almost sad. He seemed as though he was going to say something, but he didn't. He merely continued staring at Wonder, as if to send a message silently. After a moment, he brushed past Wonder and headed off down the hall. He stopped a few steps forward, though only for a moment. "[i][color=#0000cd]I've left it on the table, by the door, for you. Use it when the need arises. I trust you to know when that time comes.[/color][/i]" he said before continuing down the hall.

Sonic sat up, and glared at Snowfire. "Tch...yeah, I'm done. I've seen enough. I'm going to take a nap."

With that, Sonic got up, and then fell back down after a few steps. Then he got back up again and quickly walked away.

[i]So that's around what his current power is, when fighting someone like me...[/i]

Storm sighed. "Alright, alright, I'll get up..."

He gave Honeypot a soft, lazy nuzzle, and then drudged slowly to the door. He opened it slowly, and before he knew it, he found himself on the ground, having been tackled by Sniffy.

"Yo, what the tartarus?" he asked.

Sniffy picked herself up and stuck her tongue out, giggling a bit. "Sorry, I thought you were a Sasquatch."

"...can I go back to bed now?"

"Oh hello, strangely feminine commoner. We have decided to accompany you and commoner number 2," she said, pointing at Honeypot. "on whatever you do today."

".....why?"

"Resea-"

"Fuun~" Sniffy cut in.

Honeypot dashed to Storm's side when he was tackled down. This was the second time this mare had thrown herself at Storm. She didn't appreciate it very much, and glared at Sniffy. She also didn't appreciate being referred to as "Commoner number two" or having Storm called "strangely feminine commoner", and also glared at Dawn. Commoner? She's supposed to be homeless, and she's calling us commoners? "Well, in case you didn't get the memo, we're leaving today. We're going to Manehattan" she explained, very bluntly. "Speaking of, when and why did you start following us anyway?"

Snowfire smirked as Sonic fell down, and then walked away again. "That was fun. Shame I didn't get to take my suit off, but if I did that, I probably would've killed him" he joked to himself. Snowfire flew up, through the broken window, and went back to his room. On his way, he stopped a patrolling Unicorn guard. "Soldier" he greeted him, and the guard returned with a salute, "There's a broken window a bit down the hall, fix it, why don't you?"

Wonder stared at Crescent as he walked away. Wonder looked into the room after a moment, and saw what Crescent was talking about. The mirror shard. Wonder was confused, but didn't question it for too long; he had too much on his mind. He tucked the shard away, then went back to his room. He walked up to Morning, and shook her lightly, "Morning... Morning, wake up, we're leaving"

Blazer awoke with a loud yawn. "Oww... well I feel just... oww.." She got up out of bed and quickly grabbed her head, feeling a huge headache coming on. "I swear, I'll never drink that much again... maybe..."

She walked over to the door, but she couldn't manage to turn the knob. "Am I really still drunk and can't turn a blasted doorknob?"

[b]"No, I've locked it."[/b] The entity that's haunted Blazer stood beside her bed. [b]"You and I must have a talk."[/b]

Blazer gave him a cold glare. "I don't have time to talk, we're headed out of here soon."

[b]"It will merely take a moment, my dear."[/b] He grinned and slowly walked beside her. His grin grew wider as he brought his hoof to her side. With a quick swipe, he left a cut in her side; A cut that was rapidly and mysteriously cauterized. [b]"It's time you learned more about yourself, my lovely successor"[/b]

Morning rolled over again at Wonder's touch. "[i]Mmm... another few minutes, brother...[/i]" she mumbled, obviously half-asleep. Her eyes fluttered open a few moments later, and she kicked herself off the ground into standing upright. She stretched herself out, giving a light yawn. "[i]Ahh, thanks for that, Cresc! I needed a little pick-me-up. Now, you said we were leaving? We got to get to Manehatten, ri-[/i]" Morning stopped herself the moment her eyes met Wonder's. "[i]...Oh, um, sorry. I didn't realize it was you. I must still be half-asleep, ahaha...[/i]" she said nervously. "[i]...Umm, we should get going, right?[/i]"

"We started now, and for the sole purpose of enriching our experience among the commoner lifestyle."

"....She means, we were curious to see how you were both doing. So we decided to check up. Besides, you two seem like lovely ponies. What were your names?"

"I'm Storm. And this is Honeypot. And this is our room. Which you just burst into. And I'm still unsure about wether I should kick you out for trying to heart-attack us into submission, or let you stay if you behave."

"Let us stay," Dawn suggested, sitting down on the bed. "I believe it is for the best, to keep the peace.: "

"...I..." Sniffy was about to point out, to imply that was a tad strange, but decided not to say it.

"It's, um, it's alright, Morning" Wonder responded. "And yeah, we really should be. Here come on" Wonder said, then led her out into the hall, where he saw the rest of the group, most of them gathered by Storm's room. Except for Blazer. And Sly, but Wonder wasn't even sure what his plan was starting now. Wonder trotted over to Blazer's room, and almost started to knock, before he heard something. He pressed his head against the door. He couldn't make anything out, but he was certain there was two voices. "What in blazes..." Wonder muttered, "Blazer! Are you alright in there? We've gotta get leaving!" Wonder called.

Honeypot huffed, still a bit miffed by Sniffy and Dawn's actions. She personally thought that they SHOULD kick her out. But whatever, she decided, thinking it's not worth it. "I meant, when did you start following our gr- Ugh, nevermind. Forget it" she muttered. "Look, as soon as the other's show up, let's just get out of here. I want to get to Manehattan as soon as possible.

Blazer turned to the door. "Won-"

[b]"Hush now, this is important."[/b] With powers unknown, he sealed her mouth shut. He began to speak to her in almost a whisper, so no other ponies could hear.

[b]"Many moons ago, four mighty ponies of almost incomparable strength roamed Equestria. They were known simply as The Four Horses. I was one of them, and I was known as War. We spread horror and devastation to every corner of Equestria, but alas, we were defeated and sealed by Celestia."[/b]

The being paused, then let out a chuckle. [b]"But now the future is undoubtedly headed towards our rise again. Celestia is captured, and evil is filling the world. The recent war has cracked the seal and released my spirit... but I'm far too weak to do anything but haunt you. All we need is a catalyst... and you're just the one we need. You were destined to be born, and destined to replace me. And as you may remember from the mirror, you are also destined to start the war that will revive the others of The Four Horses and bring eternal war to this land."[/b]

Blazer looked at him, completely stunned and frightened.

[b]"The fire must burn, and it will. The fire will burn brightly and consume the forest."[/b] The being looked at Blazer with the most sadistic grin. [b]"Or the fire can deny it's desire to burn... and fizzle out."[/b]

The being hovered overhead.[b] "We will meet again."[/b] He disappeared into thin air, and Blazer's lips were unsealed.

"I... pray I'm still drunk....." Blazer fell backwards onto the floor.

Wonder heard no response after a minute, and, after a bit of magic, busted the lock on the door. He pushed the door open quickly, and looked to see Blazer on the floor, "Blazer! Are you alright?!" Wonder shouted, looking her over. A quick scan over her body showed no obvious injuries. Wonder sighed with relief "Oh, thank goodness, you are" he said, his voice clearly showing his relief. He helped Blazer up, then looked back out to the group. "Okay, well, I'm honestly a bit... I don't know, really. I just don't have a good feeling anymore. I think we should leave. Now" Wonder proffered. Assuming the rest of the group would follow him, he began to exit Sly's grotto, before being stopped by the Stallion himself.

"Oi, aren't you forgetting someone?" he asked.

"Oh, Sly. Do you plan to join us?"

"Of course I do! You'll need my disguises to get out of here anyway!" he reminded them, and then shrouded the entire group in their previous colors.

"Well, the more the merrier I suppose..." Wonder muttered, and Sly joined him by his side.

A few minutes later, they exited the town, without drawing any attention to themselves. Sly released his spell. Wonder looked into the sky for a moment, "So, if that was the South exit, then we need to head... that way" Wonder said, pointed south-west. "It's a few miles, but nothing we can't cover in a few hours" he explained.

Dawn rounded about, and faced Wonder, he face close to his. She neared it a bit more, looking into his eyes without any emotion.

"You. Interesting commoner. To what end do we travel to Manehattan?"

Sniffy dragged Dawn away, chuckling nervously. "Daaawn, what did we discuss, about personal space?~"

But, Sniffy. He is being mysterious."

Sniffy sighed. "Look, I'm sorry guys. She might have drank too much yesterday."

"Sniffy, I did not consume the alcoholic beve-"

Sniffy covered Dawn's mouth, smiling. "W-we'll just follow you guys~ And if there's any trouble, we'll try our best to help, okay?"

Storm raised an eyebrow. "Honeypot...is it just me, or are those two kind of...strange?"

"Wonder..." With his help, she managed to get back on her hooves. "Thanks... that thing was terr- er, I mean, I believe I had too much to drink last night." She calmed her nerves from the experience.

She headed off with there group until they had reached the outskirts of town. "Ah, it's lovely to be back to my old colour again." She said with glee. Afterwards, she looked off into the distance to where Wonder had pointed.

"A few hours, huh? That's good, a nice long walk should help me clear my head." She said quietly, still thinking and questioning what had happened.

Morning looked out across the distance. The sun was hanging high above them. "[i]We should have plenty of time, leaving this early. Though we'll have to be careful... We're still hunted.[/i]" She noted. "[i]And, Sly...[/i]" Morning began, looking back at him "[i]...I hope we didn't cause you too much trouble.[/i]" She said kindly.
Crescent came up next to Blazer. "[i][color=#0000cd]...Might I ask you something? Recently, I sensed... something, emanating around you. It is a menacing feeling... I fear you may have been affected during our previous warp. When we arrive in Manehatten, I would request you allow me to, what is the term this generation uses... "Take a look at you", is it? I only wish to ensure your safety. It would be awful is some of the snake's Psyche latched itself to yours.[/color][/i]"

Blazer looked over at Crescent. "Oh, hello Cresc. Go right ahead." She listened to Crescent talk how he felt the evil spirit who haunted her.

She looked past him, almost in a trance. "So... he's aware of it as well..."

She turned her gaze back towards Crescent. "Sure thing Cresc, if you think it's best, then you can examine me sometime when we get to Manehatten." She smiled a warm smile then walked past him, her smile shrinking a bit as she walked forward. [i]"I hope this thing won't hurt Cresc..."[/i] She thought, worried.

"Kind of?" Honeypot scoffed. She muttered under her breath "I swear, it's like I'm the only person who realizes..." she turned to Storm, "Yes. They're strange. Very. And suspicious. I don't think we can trust them" she said. She then lifted herself up, and began to hover, then drifted off towards Manehattan.

Wonder began to answer Dawn's question, but an ice cold glare from Honeypot instantly cut him off, after which her face returned to its usual warm features. "Regardless of what happens when we get there..." he began, slowly, "We still need to get there in the first place, so let's make haste" he said, then began quickly walking forward.

Roughly three and a half hours of walking later, Wonder slowly trudged to the main gate of Manehattan. He nearly collapsed on the ground. His group had done so much travelling recently, and his scrawny body wasn't built for this much walking. But he managed to keep himself up. The entire city was encompassed with a large stone wall, and a big wooden door. On either side of the door were two guards, but they did not wear Shadow Wing's symbols, and had radically different looking armor, as if to show to everypony that they cared not for the king, and that they were a separate force.

"Halt!" One ordered as the group approached the door. "What is your business here?"

"We're just making a visit. Our friend is badly injured, and she need's someone from this town" Wonder explained.

The left guard, a Unicorn, studied Wonder for a bit. His horn glowed for a second, then he turned to the other guard, a pegasus, and nodded.

"Very well. You may enter" The first guard said, finally, and magically opened the gate.

Wonder entered with the rest of the group, and looked around at the buildings. The Architecture was mostly tall, stone or wood buildings, with a few smaller buildings every so often. In front of them, the road curved around a set of buildings. The the left side, there seemed to be a residential area, and to the right, a market.

"Well, here we are, everypony. What do you think?"

"[i]Manehatten... Celestia never took me here during my time under her mentoring...[/i]" Morning said, thinking aloud. "[i]So that was why... The architecture here is so much like the designs we had back home. Just like the Sun Chamber...[/i]"
Crescent, in the meantime, had stepped up alongside Blazer again. "[i][color=#0000cd]Blazer, we must be going. I do not wish to spend any unnecessary time here. It would be best if we were to head to the church located here. There should be a Moon Chamber located somewhere in this city, should the memory of my beloved mentor serve correct.[/color][/i]" Crescent said, looking around the cityscape.
"[i][color=#0000cd]You are aware of what the Moon Chamber is, yes? You recall the Sun Chamber in Everfree? That is, in essence, a location of puritym designed for use by both myself and my dear sister, as well as my beloved mentor and her dear sister.[/color][/i]"

Honeypot glanced back at Crescent and Blazer, "Well, we'll just, uh, go on ahead of you" she said. "You'll be able to find us, big tea shop, market street, it's green, can't miss it, kay? Good" Honeypot explained, then began leading the group down the market street. After only a moment of walking, they came to a shop very similar to the one Honeypot had described earlier. She opened the door to reveal an open room. There were tables and booths set up around the place, with various ponies sitting at the tables enjoying tea. At the back of the room was a counter, on the other side of which several ponies were bustling around, doing various actions that weren't easy to make out from a distance.

In the middle of the room, a perfectly snow white Pegasus wearing a green apron walked around, a platter holding tea on his back, serving ponies as he went along. He quickly noticed the new ponies standing in the doorway, and, dumping his empty platter down, rushed over to them. "Honeypot!" he called, "Honeypot, is that you?" he asked, as he stopped in front of her.

Honeypot nodded, "Sure is. Ah, it's great to see you, Ginny!" she smiled.

"It's good to see you to, sis. Here, come sit, we can talk inside!"

He led Honeypot and co. to a booth against the left side of the building, then disappeared for a second, before reappearing, and entering the booth, with the rest of the group.

"Uh, wow, sis, you sure have made a lot of... um... friends..." he noted.

"Mmhmm. Here, let me introduce you. That's Wonder Brush" she said, pointing across the booth to Wonder, who smiled and nodded at the Pegasus. "That's Morning Sun, that's Sly," she went one, point to the two as she named them, "And this is Storm" she finished, pressing her side against his. The tone of endearment Honeypot said his name with, and the way she was acting, made it obvious to the Pegasus who this guy was, and in response, glared straight at him for a second, as if indicating that he wanted to speak to him later. "Oh, and uh, those are Sniffy and Dawn. I think. Something like that" she muttered under her breath, waving a hoof at them dismissively. "Everypony, this is Ginseng, my older brother" she went on.

He waved, "Hey there" he said simply. He turned to Honeypot, "Now, why don't you explain to me why the BUCK you have so many bandages on your side!" he suggested.

Honeypot laughed nervously, "Oh, yeah, that... Well, um, I, uh, just fell. Badly. Got really cut up, but it was simple. That's why I'm here, actually. I was seeing if we could do something about it"

"Yeah. Yeah, we can. But look, you guys should just rest for a while. You look exhausted, what have you been up to lately?"

"It's a long story..."

As the group arrived in the city of Manehattan, Blazer was astounded by the size and beauty of the city. "Wow, it's so grand, I've never seen anyplace like this before. Hmm..." She let out a small gasp. "Maybe this place has a nice boutique, a boutique with the lovely red dress I've always imagined. I imagine it's simplistic, made of soft fabric, and truly a sight. I really would like to find a dress like that while we're here."

She looked over to Cresc who was now standing beside her. "Oh, I do remember that chamber..." She looked away in thought for a moment. "Oh- yeah, I understand. Let's go ahead to the church, I'm curious to see if you can find anything."

Crescent nodded, leading Blazer off to some abandoned church. It was run-down and had stained-glass windows, though they were covered in cracks or had pieces broken off, making their images impossible to discern. "[i][color=#0000cd]I was brought here once, a long time ago. My Dear Mentor took me here before her dive to darkness. It was a church designed to worship her, which she wished to visit before her descent. That was the only time I spent here. Perhaps it was because of this city's adoration of My Dear Mentor that kept My Dear Sister away. Ah, regardless... The Moon Chamber is just inside.[/color][/i]" Crescent said, taking them both inside.
Within the church was a large stained-glass window adorned with an image of Luna, gazing down warmly at them. Crescent seemed to smile for a moment, and brushed away the hair that had been covering the left side of his face. There was a small crescent-shaped scar surrounding his eye. "[i][color=#0000cd]My Dear Mentor, Beloved, I have returned to ask your assistance...[/color][/i]" Crescent muttered a short prayer, the rest of it almost inaudible. The markings that covered his body began shimmering for a short few moments as a faint beam of light shone through the stained window, glimmering directly over Blazer.
The light faded after a few short seconds, as did Crescent's body markings. Crescent looked back at Blazer, the same uncommonly warm smile on his face. "[i][color=#0000cd]...Its Psyche has not latched to you, thankfully. I sensed an old, powerful aura surrounding you, though it was not anywhere as harmful. If that aura ever makes itself present to you, please let me know.[/color][/i]" he offered, heading towards the church's exit."[i][color=#0000cd]Now then, shall we rejoin the rest?[/color][/i]"

Storm looked at Ginseng for a bit, then blinked.

"I..." he began to say, before Sniffy gave him a small pat on the back, making him jolt in her direction. "W-what?"

She then leaned close to his ear, too close for the others to hear.

"This is her big brother, right? You have to set a good impression. Quick, you can..."

As Sniffy told him a bit more, Storm raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Yup~"

"...But...why?"

"Bcuz~"

"....Alright fine..."

He faced Ginseng, and took a small bow. "Greetings, oh elder sibling of Honeypot. How welcome I am to be in your presence."

"Oh look Sniffy," Dawn said, amused. "He is speaking in coconuts."

"Coconuts?"

"Mint once said I spoke in coconuts...I believe."

".......okay~" Sniffy asked, giving up, and just watching Storm and Ginseng.

Blazer looked around the church, admiring its architecture. "This place looks old and run-down, but I have a feel of safety inside." She looked over at Cresc. "Your mentor sounds like like she was truly amazing in her prime." She smiled and walked with him towards the Moon Chamber that he had mentioned earlier.

When they entered the Moon Chamber, Blazer felt humbled by the image of Luna. "Wow..." When she turned to Cresc, she had noticed that he was praying. In an instance, Blazer was surrounded by a ray of light coming from Luna's image. She stood completely still as the rays quickly faded.

"Well... that was something. At least it's not as bad as you assumed it could be." She stood still as Cresc walked towards the exit of the church.

The being's eyes could be seen in the darkness, and a faint voice could be heard. [b]"Not as harmful? That punk's lucky I can only harm you in this form."[/b]

She ignored it and trotted towards Cresc. "Yeah, we better meet back up with the gang."

Honeypot watched Storm and then hung her head and groaned, [i]'Good lord, Storm...' [/i]she thought, dismayed and embarrassed.

Ginseng looked oddly at Storm. "Uh... yes, thank you..." he said, unsure of how to react. He understood what he was trying to do, but he sounded so awkward with his phrasing.

A moment later, a young, yellow Pegasus filly, with a mane like Honeypot's, but blue, walked near the table, a platter on her back. "Hi there" she greeted them.

Honeypot looked at her for a second, then said "Jasmine? Is that you?"

"Mmhmm. We can talk later, though. Here's your tea - on the house. It's just Green," she said, then looked over the group, "But you won't complain, because you're not paying for it" she then trotted off, after giving cups to everypony.

"Gee" Honeypot muttered, as her little sister went away, "She sure has developed in attitude while I was gone"

"A lot has happened in two years" Ginseng replied

"A lot has happened in two weeks..." Honeypot muttered.

Storm sighed. "How troublesome...okay, that went badly. Um...I don't really know how to formally introduce myself here. I'm Storm. It's...a'ight to meet you, Honeypot's brother. Your sister uh...well, she's the entire reason I'm here. She carried me on, when I wanted to go to sleep. I flew straight into danger to save her."

He silently turned and began walking away. [i]I wonder if Honeypot was as troublesome to them......probably not...[/i]

He glanced back to Honeypot, and smiled a bit.

Just then, Sniffy wrapped her hoof around Honeypot's neck and smiled playfully. "Hello, Teapot. Nice to meet ya~ Me and your sister as co-travelers, and we're getting to know each other. She's pretty nice~ Though..." she leaned in a bit closer to Ginseng and whispered. "Sliightly uptight~ =P"

Archived