MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Wonder smiled at Morning and took her hoof, "Thank you, Morning, I really do appreciate it" he responded cheerfully. He began walking towards the library, "It actually means a lot to me. I haven't actually had a real home for the past two years" he explained, "And honestly... I never had any idea of when I'd return to the temple. It's really nice to know I'll have some place that I belong" he said, with genuine appreciation. "When this is all over..." he repeated, and then sighed, "We only began our journey a week or two ago, but it seems like it's been so much longer than that. When this is all over... I wish I knew when that would be..." he muttered. He blinked once. "Sorry about that. Didn't mean to get all serious" he apologized.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"[i]Oh, no worries. I'm used to it. Cresc does that sort of thing all the time.[/i]" Morning giggled. "[i]I always try to lighten the mood. I think that, if everypony else was really happy all the time, then things like this would never happen. No one would ever need to start wars or conquests, or overthrow a government or leader. Things would be so much more peaceful. No one would ever need to fight. No one would ever need to...[/i]"
Morning gave off a sad smile. "[i]...Right, well,[/i]" she began, perking up again. "[i]There's actually something I'd like to ask you. I've been thinking about it for a while now...[/i]" She started. "[i]It's kind of a weird thing for me to ask, but, um... Could I study you for a while, at the library?[/i]"

Wonder nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I suppose you're right. It really would be nice, to just live peacefully...." he muttered. His expression quickly changed when Morning asked if she could study him, showing mostly confusion. "I... what...?" He muttered. He glanced down at his hooves quickly. He didn't know whether to be embarrassed offended, both, or neither. He looked back up, "Um, what exactly do you mean?" he asked, "I mean... I'm sure I'd be fine with it," he said, "but... Why exactly do you want to 'study' me? And, um, how, exactly?"

"S-s- study?!" Blazer mumbled before closing her mouth.

[i]"Oh, she's good."[/i]

"Well, we've got a library to get going to, huh?" She shut her eyes and continued forward. "Cresc, if you'd be so kind as to lead the way." She looked away to hide the fact that she was blushing.

[b]"Well, I've seen just about enough."[/b] War flew back to the hotel where the ponies were staying and silently entered Blazer's room.[b] "I have to go and prepare now, but I'll leave you a parting gift."[/b] He left a crimson red cape in her bag. [b]"I've put some kindling on the fire. Now, it's all on you." [/b]He crept out of the window and flew off into the distance.

"[i]Oh, did I startle you with that? I'm sorry[/i]." Morning said quickly. "[i]Well, um... You're part-dragon, right? I'm just so fascinated by that... I don't understand how something like that could be, so I wanted to, um, observe you a bit more closely, you know. Ah, I'd just like to get a better grip on the workings of your anatomy.[/i]" She explained. "[i]Maybe-[/i]" "[i][color=#0000cd]Here it is, here we are! The library is just in here.[/color][/i]" Crescent said suddenly, cutting Morning off. Now in front of the group was a large doorway; it was open, giving some insight into the castle's library. The inside of it was lined with shelves that reached far overheard to the ceiling, each shelf completely full of various books and other documents.

Wonder's face turned a light red. "O-oh, I see..." he muttered, he was about to start speaking again, when her last sentence dawned on him. "Wait... You want to [i]what [/i]now?" he questioned, "Um, excuse me, never mind. But, yeah, I understand..." he answered, "I guess you can... 'study' me, if you want" he decided, feeling extremely awkward using the term study. He then looked over to the library and stepped inside, his mouth agape. "Wow... It's amazing..." He muttered, "I could spend ages in here... So much to read... I just wish I had more time..." he said, marveling at the size of the library. He snapped out of it after a moment, "Excuse me" he apologized, "It's just that... Wow..."

Morning jumped forward beside Wonder, grabbing him by the hoof and pulling him along. "[i]Okay! The Biology books are in the far-left-middle corner of the second floor's Science-Non-Fiction section, and the Animal Habits and Mating Patterns are just a floor above![/i]" Morning cheerfully recited, dragging Wonder up a nearby flight of stairs, knowing exactly where to go.
Crescent stepped up beside Blazer and sighed. "[i][color=#0000cd]She will not cease to surprise me, that one... Is there anything you are looking for? Perhaps I could help you find a book to read.[/color][/i]" he offered.

Storm and Honeypot got to the breakfast table thing. Storm lazily sat in a lazy chair with a lazy look on his face. He lazily took a piece of lazily-made bread and lazily slid it in his mouth. With a lazy chew or four, he gulped down the piece of bread.

"Yummy~"

Storm looked behind him to see Sniffy. "...It's decent."

"Well, Dawn made it!"

Storm raised an eyebrow. "...I'm hesitant now. What's it made of?"

Sniffy cocked her head. "...Not bread, I know that much~ But it'll be fine <3"

Wonder yelped lightly when Morning grabbed his hoof and started dragging him along, "Ah-! Morning-! Slow down a bit!" he called out in protest, his weak leg already feeling the strain from her tugging, "You're going to rip my leg out!" he said, only half joking. He couldn't help but blush lightly when she mentioned the Animal Habits and Matting Patterns books, but he kept quiet.

Honeypot followed Storm down to the breakfast table thing. Honeypot also took a bite of the 'bread' and swallowed it down painfully, "Uck! What is this stuff?" she complained. She turned to Sniffy as she explained it, and began glaring. "Figures as much. You two are so weird..."

Sniffy giggled. "Sorry. Well, I know Dawn can be a bit...unique. But... how am I weird? D: " she asked, with a dee-colon face.

Storm sighed. "Well...you're not exactly normal. In fact...I still don't know why you guys are here. I mean, do you really have an interest in taking down Shadow Wing?"

Suddenly, Dawn spoke. From the ceiling. From where she stealthily hung, like a ninja pony. For no real reason.

"Silly commoner. We are accompanying you in this journey, for our own secret mysterious shady purposes. That is all that must be revealed. For if not, you would know of-"

Just then, Sniffy threw a piece of bread at Dawn, and it landed right on her mouth, blocking her mouth.

"See? Weird~.....teehee~"

Blazer had made her way into the library with the others. "Huh, library, it's so... ya know, full of books and stuff."

She looked over as Wonder trotted off to be studied by Morning. "Oh, studies. Yep, mmhmm. You guys have fun with that. Yeah, do that." Blazer turned away looking just a bit jealous.

She saw Cresc standing before her. "Hmm? Oh, hey Cresc. Well, I'm not really looking for anything in particular to be honest. I guess a nice book would be good to get my mind off things though." She wandered over to the fiction section of the library to find something to read.

Honeypot stared at Sniffy, her eyes showing her disbelief that Sniffy didn't believe she was strange. "You're kidding me. You're SUPER weird. Honestly, Storm is right. Why in the world did you even start following us? Who decided you were even apart of our group? And I don't want some weird explanation, like SHE gave us!" she asserted, shoving a hoof towards Dawn. She scoffed and lifted her head. "Now, if you want to give me a REAL explanation for... For you two, then I'll be eating my breakfast somewhere else" she told them, obviously miffed, and fed up with the both of them. Honeypot trotted over to a different table, and began in her attempt to find something not lethal to eat.

"[i][color=#0000cd]Ah, yes, of course... If you do require anything, do not hesitate to ask.[/color][/i]" Crescent once again offered, settling himself down in a nearby seat and picking up a catalog titled "Recently Trending".

Morning sat Wonder down in front of a large mirror placed between two bookshelves. Morning left him for a few moments to begin rummaging through the contents of the two bookshelves on either side of Wonder. "[i]Let's see... B... C... Ah, here, D should have something for Dragons... There.[/i]" she said to herself, pulling out a rather large book and setting it aside. "[i]Now E should just be right around here... Yes, right here. Equines.[/i]" Morning pulled out a second book, setting it on top of the other one. She dragged the books over behind Wonder, laying them open on either side of him. Then, she pulled out a pair of half-moon spectacle glasses and put them on.
"[i]Okay Wonder, please try not to move too much now, hmm? This shouldn't take too long, but if you just stand perfectly still, then everything will be fine...[/i]" she began, already giving Wonder a thorough looking-over, glancing back at the open books for reference every few moments.

Wonder did as Morning had asked, and stood still whilst she examined him. He couldn't help feeling embarrassed, with Morning carefully looking him over, and allowed himself to blush. He was tempted to ask Morning if all this was really necessary, and if she really needed to do this, but he held his tongue, out of politeness. It was how he was raised, after all. [i]'I was raised to be a pushover...' [/i]It occurred to him, [i]'Oh well, no changing that now. I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I mean, I really don't mind any of this...' [/i]he thought, attempting to justify himself, [i]'Wow, I really AM a pushover...' [/i]he realized, suddenly taking a blow to his self esteem. [i]'Well, if that's my place, then so be it...'. [/i]After a moment, he ventured to ask, "So, Morning, w-what exactly are you... um... 'studying' me for, again?"

"[i]Hm[/i][i]?[/i]" Morning perked up for a moment, turning away from one of her books to address Wonder's inquisition. "[i]To learn more about you, of course! I mean, it isn't every century that you find a dragon-pony hybrid! I never even knew such a thing could exist, I thought inter-species relationships were an impossibility, due to their nature... Well, that's what research is for.[/i]" Morning explained gleefully. "[i]Speaking of research, I think I've done all the research I need to. And now that it's all compiled into those books, I can stash it here for now, and put the rest of it back later... I don't want to keep you too long, and you do seem a bit flustered...[/i]" she continued on, picking up the books and re-shelving them, tucking her glasses away inside one of the book covers. "[i]Got something on your mind?[/i]"

Wonder nodded, "Right, I guess that's true..." he agreed. At her question, Wonder glanced down at his hooves, "Um... No. No, nothing important" he replied, "Just... thinking. It's just kinda... Well... Yeah, it doesn't matter" he assured her. He looked down the stairs, "So, um, should we get going now?" he asked, then began trotting down to the first floor again. "Hey, uh, I think we're done. If you guys are finished with your stuff, then we should get going back to the hotel" Wonder called to Crescent and Blazer.

Meanwhile, Sly was back at the hotel, taking everything in his room that wasn't nailed down and on fire, and stuffing it inside of a sack, which he would later use magic to seal in a secondary plane, for his easy access. "This is too easy" he laughed, "I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this place"

Blazer spent most of her time browsing through the pony manga section in order to find a quick read to pass the time.

"Katekyo Hitcolt Reborn? Nah. Fullmetal Alchemist: Bridlehood... nah, already read it. Hmm..."

She decided that she'd just read a chapter of Gait in the Shell.

After she had read it all, she set her book down and headed back over towards Cresc.

"Oh, hey Wonder. You guys are done already?" She trotted beside him. "So, we leaving now? Mmhmm, well, we really should get these groceries back home 'n stuff."

Sniffy sighed. "Oh my...it seems that she doesn't quite trust us..."

Meanwhile, Dawn fell from the ceiling, crashing onto the table, and causing Sniffy to flinch back a bit.

"Sniffy..."

"...Yeah, Dawn?"

"...I cannot move my body. Should I try destroying it?"

"N-no Dawn...no, don't do that. Uh...it'll wear off. Hey, Storm did-"

Then she turned around and saw that Storm was also writhing on the ground, as foam came out of his mouth.

"you also....try....the bread."

She sighed, and went over to Honeypot. She then softly placed her hoof on Honeypot's shoulder.

"Honeypot....I know we have our differences...but...this might be bad. Dawn and Storm are kind of..."

She said, gesturing a bit toward them.

"And...I actually...apologize. I can't tell you where we came from. But I will say, right now...I like traveling with you guys. You all are cool~"

Honeypot initially only stared away from Sniffy, but she finally gave in, and looked back at her, "Whatever, fine. I can't decide what you do and don't. Wonder's the leader, after all. But just... try not to bother me. I'm sure we'd get along fine, then" she responded. She then turned around and went over to Storm, and cradled his head in her forelegs. "Ah, Storm..." she sighed. "You help Dawn, I'll try and help Storm" she told Sniffy. She looked down at Storm for a moment. "Hey, Storm... Wake up" she ordered, "This isn't working..." she noticed. An idea occurred to her. She withdrew her hoof, and then smacked Storm across the face with it.

Wonder nodded, "Mmhmm!" he agreed. The group traveled back to the hotel. "Ah, we're back..." he muttered, "So, uh, where should we store these things?"

Storm sighed. After being hit. He simply sighed. Honeypot was not the strongest of ponies, but many who knew Storm (and none quite did, fully) would know he was simply too lazy to react to the pain. He is just like that. However, he did say "oww"

"Oww..." he said.

Dawn was able to nonchalantly get back up. She was still shaking quite a bit, however, her face was unchanged.

"So Sniffy...let us get moving."

"Dawn...can you even move like that?"

"Sniffy, do not be silly...let us do the moving...action," she said, her teeth chattering a bit, but her face still calm.

Storm sighed. "How troublesome..."

"I got this." Blazer said as she grabbed all the groceries she had, along with the ones Wonder had been carrying, and set them on the nearest table. She then reached into one of the bags and grabbed a shiny, red apple. She took a bite before trotting over to her bag.

She opened it and look inside. "Okay, I know it's in-" She pulled out the crimson red cape that War had left in her bag. "What's this? It's... it's..." Blazer quickly felt a headache coming on by simply holding the cape, so she tossed it back in her bag. [i]"War."[/i] She said, knowing it was definitely his doing.

"I won't worry about that right now. I have something more important to deal with" She reached back inside her bag and pulled out a pure violet coloured scarf. She walked back over to Wonder and showed it to him. "Hey, Wonder..." She couldn't help but blush, but she quickly calmed down and smiled. "Happy Hearts and Hooves Day."

Wonder followed Blazer, and waited as she retrieved something from her bag. When she returned to him, offering him the scarf, he took it shyly, himself blushing. "Th-thank you, Blazer. I really like it," he told her, and put it on, "So... How do I look?" he asked. As he stood there, wearing Blazer's gift, more worries plagued his mind. He decided finally that all his worries had compounded long enough, beyond just his infatuation for two mares. He shuffled uneasily, then sighed, and looked straight at Blazer, "Um... Blazer? I'm sorry. About... about being so reserved, I mean. I know that you worry, and I appreciate it. It was just that... I'm not really used to venting. And a lot of what I was worrying about was just... really personal. I mean... I trust you, more than anypony here, but it's really just something I can't tell anyone. If you're still willing to listen, though... I think I'm ready to talk" he told her.

"No problem at all, Wonder." She let out a giggle. "You look so stylish and dashing in it." She quickly became more serious when she saw Wonder acting worried.

Blazer stared silently as Wonder began to speak about his inner troubles. "Wonder..." She took a step closer, her eyes full of concern. "I know that you can't help but be reserved about some things. And there are just some things a pony doesn't feel comfortable talking about, even with the ones closest to them." She became a bit teary-eyed as she was talking to him, feeling mixed emotions.

She wiped the tears from her eyes and continued smiling. "Wonder, I never stopped wanting to listen. As long as you feel comfortable telling me, then I'll listen."

Wonder nodded slowly, "Thank you..." he muttered. He stepped back, then took a deep breath, and paused for a moment. "Well... It's just that... All this has happened so quickly. So many things... I mean... Well, just look. First there was that attack in Ponyville, which I had to flee from. Then, I get told that I'm connected, somehow, to the past, back when Morning was still up north... something about my past life. Afterwords, Morning gets stabbed by some weird guy named Aleph, who's apparently also connected to the past!" his words started getting more frantic, "Then, I go back to my home, back to the ponies that raised me since I was abandoned on the day of my birth, to find out that one of my closest friends was dead, and I wasn't even there when it happened! Not only that, I ALSO learn that I'm part dragon! Not like THAT surprised helped anything. At the SAME TEMPLE, not only do we find out the Shadow Wing apparently KNOWS where we are, but he sent someone to kidnap our friend, and hold her for ransom!

"It doesn't even stop there though, no, why would it?" His voiced continued to grow frantic, and rise, "Because just after we leave that temple, we find out that there's some weird... evil... snake thing, which, big surprise, is related to Morning and Crescent's past! And then, once we're in town, everything SEEMS like it would be fine, but then Crescent shows me some MORE stuff about his BLASTED past, AND Aleph decides to show up, AGAIN!" by this point, he was nearly shouting, and tears were building in his eyes.

Shaking, he continued, "All of this... It's just... it's too much for me to handle. I was accustomed to a simple, pleasant life, and then I was dragged into all this,..." he muttered. Without thinking, he threw his forelegs around Blazer's neck, and held himself like that for a few moments, tears still brimming on his eyes. He slowly released Blazer, "All this... It's just... turned me into a nervous wreck..." he said, his voice becoming quiet "I... I feel like crying..." he admitted, quietly.

Blazer listened carefully to Wonder, thinking about all the stuff that's happened since they met. She stayed calm and listened the whole way through, even as he got frantic at moments.

"Wonder." She said quietly, still thinking about everything. She stood silent for a while, even staying silent and calm as he hugged her neck. She finally took another step closer to Wonder and sat down. "Wonder, you've been through so much. Through all the challenges we've faced, all the moments of disbelief, everything, you've been as strong as possible. All this change, I know it must be hard." She moved forward slowly and gave Wonder a gentle hug. "The world can be hard sometimes, but with help from others, it's a bit easier to deal with. I swear that I'll try my best to help you through these hard times." She couldn't help but cry a little. "And we all need to cry sometimes, Wonder. Just... just let it out when you want to." She let go of Wonder and looked at him with confident and teary eyes.

Archived