Blind Eyes season 1 [Trimester 1 has started][accepting][Pg-16]

Yosuke-kun

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Hydra of Gentlemanliness' timestamp='1331056911' post='5859698']
I honestly lost track of exactly what the hell is going on with Aeklyn a while ago. I'm mostly working with other people's reactions and assuming they can/are more willing to puzzle it out better than I can.
[/quote]

I'll Help you then:

-When Aeklyn got to Jessica and fed on her, She took a single Sorrow from her (More Specifically, The Sorrow of a time where Jessica was nearly killed during a Mission last year), Sorrows will cause her Aura to Harden.
-Aeklyn Tried to search for a certain Demon before it Crashed some class, but could not find it anywhere...
-Aeklyn got sleepy and slept below a cherry tree in the Courtyard, and Upon sensing an Energy Spike, Told Jessica to Check it out and wake her if it's not part of a class, Which I think this is where you two tried to come in at, but would have found her gone
-Jessica confirms Aeklyn's Suspicions and comes back to Wake Aeklyn, Aeklyn's Aura preventing her from doing so in any conventional way, so [acronym='Which is more sensitive than the rest of Aeklyn's body and not typically protected by her hardened Aura']Jessica Screws with Aeklyn's tail[/acronym], and extracts Venom out of it, Waking Aeklyn up...
-After Reporting to Aeklyn, Jessica and Aeklyn go to Basic Combat I and try to think of a plan to kill the Behemoth without Aeklyn being seen by any students (Since That will cause Panic), Aeklyn sees Jin's capabilities in Battle and Passes out again, Jessica carries her to a different Cherry Tree in the Courtyard and Calls for the both of you as you try to approach the old sleeping spot, Crying tears of blood in the process...

[quote name='Flandre Scarlet' timestamp='1331063610' post='5859822']
I'll Help you then:

-When Aeklyn got to Jessica and fed on her, She took a single Sorrow from her (More Specifically, The Sorrow of a time where Jessica was nearly killed during a Mission last year), Sorrows will cause her Aura to Harden.
-Aeklyn Tried to search for a certain Demon before it Crashed some class, but could not find it anywhere...
-Aeklyn got sleepy and slept below a cherry tree in the Courtyard, and Upon sensing an Energy Spike, Told Jessica to Check it out and wake her if it's not part of a class, Which I think this is where you two tried to come in at, but would have found her gone
-Jessica confirms Aeklyn's Suspicions and comes back to Wake Aeklyn, Aeklyn's Aura preventing her from doing so in any conventional way, so [acronym='Which is more sensitive than the rest of Aeklyn's body and not typically protected by her hardened Aura']Jessica Screws with Aeklyn's tail[/acronym], and extracts Venom out of it, Waking Aeklyn up...
-After Reporting to Aeklyn, Jessica and Aeklyn go to Basic Combat I and try to think of a plan to kill the Behemoth without Aeklyn being seen by any students (Since That will cause Panic), Aeklyn sees Jin's capabilities in Battle and Passes out again, Jessica carries her to a different Cherry Tree in the Courtyard and Calls for the both of you as you try to approach the old sleeping spot, Crying tears of blood in the process...
[/quote]

This tells me [i]what [/i]happened, in a general sort of way, but the [i]why[/i] is still iffy. Your posts tend to be a bit confusing because you try to cram way too much exposition into every single post- I noticed that pretty early on, when you had multiple prophetic/recallatory dreams in a row with seemingly nothing or little to bring it up in the first place- and it certainly doesn't help when you have multiple characters that interact largely only with each other, because it becomes difficult for us, as other players, to draw distinctions between them.

Also, Kio, err, Did Jin just manifest the Sharingan?

Mind you, I've never watched Blue Exorcist beyond the pilot so I have no idea if it's derived from that, but how many wheel-eye superpowers could there possibly be in fiction?

(...though okay, let's be fair and admit the Hunter Eyes are in application, basically the Byakugan. Though used for snipering rather than kung-fu.)

[Spoiler=WIP Half-Demon]
[b]Name: [/b]Ayumi Fujiwara
[b]Age: [/b]20
[b]Gender: [/b]Female
[b]Race:[/b] Half-Demon (Half [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune"]Kitsune[/url])
[b]Grade: [/b]2'nd Year
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b]
[Spoiler=[b]Racial Ability: Illusion mastery - Shapeshifter[/b]]
As most Kitsune, Ayumi is highly skilled in illusion specca, nearly creating completely life-like illusions, but excel in shapeshifting.
But beyond those directly caused by illusion specca, she is also capable to, at will, shapeshift into a medium sized red fox, the fox being a direct manifestation of her demon blood and because of that “taints” her aura while in use, making it seem more demonic.

However, Ayumi has yet to fully master this ability and because of that, sometimes grows the tail withouth noticing it.
Luckily, regular humans (those unable to see past the mist) seem unable to detect it because of the mist.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=[b]Aethrs[/b]]Most of her Aethrs are originating in a latent ability she has to create what is known as Fox Fire, fire from nothing.
Ayumi has however been unable to conciously use this ability to this day
[Spoiler=[b]Flame Strike[/b]]
By channeling her aura trough her Caladbolg, the sword will catch on fire and by striking the ground, gives of a sickle shaped energy wave that can pass trough most armor and inflict severe damage on the more extensive armour sets[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=[b]Crimson Flash[/b]][/spoiler]
Mind Hack[/spoiler]
[b]Class:[/b] Arcana Knight
[b]Crush: [/b](optio
[b]Class Course this tri:[/b]
1. Demonology 4
2. Basic Combat 3
3. History of the Macabre and Unknown 4
4. Alchemy 101
5. Aura control 1
6. Melee Weapon Mastery 3
7. Guardian Arts 2

[b]Theme Song:[/b] (optional)
[Spoiler=[b]Appearance[/b]] [img]http://i39.tinypic.com/2s6271f.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
[b]Bio: [/b](at least 5 sentences)[/spoiler]

Still a few details to work out but it's nearing completion

Maybe I should Explain Why for each of these
[spoiler=Word of God Says][quote name='Flandre Scarlet' timestamp='1331063610' post='5859822']
-When Aeklyn got to Jessica and fed on her, She took a single Sorrow from her (More Specifically, The Sorrow of a time where Jessica was nearly killed during a Mission last year), Sorrows will cause her Aura to Harden. [b]This was done to keep her Demonic Instinct in check while awake, If not Done, She would have gone Feral and not even have known it... As to why not drain her entirely? She only needs to and can only feed on 1 Emotion every time she changes form, and is in fact Counter-productive to take more emotions than needed (As they do regenerate overtime). [/b]
-Aeklyn Tried to search for a certain Demon before it Crashed some class, but could not find it anywhere... [b]Unlike most other Demons, Alices prefer to Protect their Friends and Prey, She was worried more about Lien than Jin because Aeklyn senses something in her that interests her, More or less likely the overly-specific Emotion(The Sorrow of Nearly being Killed) that She wanted to feed on...[/b]
-Aeklyn got sleepy and slept below a cherry tree in the Courtyard, and Upon sensing an Energy Spike, Told Jessica to Check it out and wake her if it's not part of a class, Which I think this is where you two tried to come in at, but would have found her gone... [b]She loses a lot of energy and actually needs to sleep frequently to keep herself going with this out, She clashes with her Instincts as she dreams these "Prophetic Dreams" you see (Purple and Blue Energies representing Friends and Innocents, The Red Energy and herself Representing her Humanity, and the Black Energy Representing Pure Demonic Instinct that tries to make her Feral)... In the Last Dream, She nearly became feral as the Hellgate was giving her Demonic Instinct a rather Hefty Advantage by Binding her Humanity and Nearly took all of her emotions...[/b]
-Jessica confirms Aeklyn's Suspicions and comes back to Wake Aeklyn, Aeklyn's Aura preventing her from doing so in any conventional way, so [acronym='Which is more sensitive than the rest of Aeklyn's body and not typically protected by her hardened Aura']Jessica Screws with Aeklyn's tail[/acronym], and extracts Venom out of it, Waking Aeklyn up... [b]I plan on Expanding the School's Little Knowledge about Alices (In the Demonology Textbooks, There is only Approximately more or less a Single Paragraph about Alices, which tells you how Rare they are) as to why I Extracted some venom...[/b]
-After Reporting to Aeklyn, Jessica and Aeklyn go to Basic Combat I and try to think of a plan to kill the Behemoth without Aeklyn being seen by any students (Since That will cause Panic), Aeklyn sees Jin's capabilities in Battle and Passes out again, Jessica carries her to a different Cherry Tree in the Courtyard and Calls for the both of you as you try to approach the old sleeping spot, Crying tears of blood in the process... [b]Going to slay the Behemoth because Aeklyn, Having amplified Emotions in this particular State, Was Worrying about Jin, but turned out to be a false alarm when Jin Slain the Behemoth in 2 strikes, She passed out again due to not having any worries to stay awake for. Tears of Blood = Sorrows are Overwhelming her Body and will cause her to turn back soon[/b]
[/quote][/spoiler]

The "Talking to myself" Problem I saw quite a while ago (Which Ironically was when the RP I Last had RPed with you had Died due to that host's Inactivity), So I Color Code what Characters say, The Color I use for that Specific Character is actually on the Name of the Character in the Application (Except for the Caladbolgs, Which I use Indigo for what they have to say, and all NPCs, which are Black.)

I have a few questions about that, but actually something caught my attention and now it just won't leave my head.

How in the hell can Alices be rare?

No, seriously, if they're children of succubi, shouldn't they be [i]the most common type of halfbreed out there? [/i]Of the top of my head, I can think of three medieval heroes who were children begotten of Cubus, most notably Merlin of King Arthur fame. Having children with humans is basically their entire shtick, and also where the concept of people with the blood of demons getting special powers comes from in the first place.

That also poses the question of why Alices have all these strange special qualities about them that In/Succubi don't have. I've been running by the logic that Half-Demons inherit some of the powers that their parents would have had, but it seems like Alices develop a random assortment that don't actually appear in a lust demon's repertoire.

(By the way, question for anyone to answer though preferably Kio: Are werewolves considered demons in this setting, or something else entirely?)

Well, the powers she does have could've been learned through other methods, like a teacher passing on their skill and stuff like that. Also, Cubas are all different if I recall correctly, each having their own unique ability for hunting different prey, so that's another possibility. I do kinda agree with you on that part about how Alices are rare, but also would like to state that Cubas aren't all that common either, so I'd say that Alices world wide are common, but not the most common, and multiple in the same grouping is rare.

Lastly, yes. Both Werewolves and Vampires are considered demons, with the wolf form and vampiric form being their true demonic form. Their Sentients (demon that possess and require a host body., don't know any specific names for them, and generally are rather strong being 4th-6th year levels) But can't be purged/exorcized, meaning if you get possessed, you're kinda done. Draw back is, once they've chosen their host, they can't leave.

[quote name='Hydra of Gentlemanliness' timestamp='1331074294' post='5860049']
I have a few questions about that, but actually something caught my attention and now it just won't leave my head.

How in the hell can Alices be rare?

No, seriously, if they're children of succubi, shouldn't they be [i]the most common type of halfbreed out there?[/i] [b]Normal Half-Succubi are not Alices, An Alice is a Type of Half-breed where the said Half-Breed takes 80% or more after their In/Succubi parent rather than 50-50 like most Half-Breeds, What's more is that They are actually Still considered a Demon rather than a Half-Breed, Prompting most Demon Slayers to Hunt them down, In addition, Their Humanity is hated by Hell and are even Hunted by the Demon Population, The Joint attack on their Population, Not to mention how rarely an Alice is born (I'd say 1 every 300 Half-Succubi are Alices), contribute to the Rarity[/b]

Of the top of my head, I can think of three medieval heroes who were children begotten of Cubus, most notably Merlin of King Arthur fame. Having children with humans is basically their entire shtick, and also where the concept of people with the blood of demons getting special powers comes from in the first place. [b]I don't do much research on stories like this, so thanks for the class XD[/b]

That also poses the question of why Alices have all these strange special qualities about them that In/Succubi don't have. I've been running by the logic that Half-Demons inherit some of the powers that their parents would have had, but it seems like Alices develop a random assortment that don't actually appear in a lust demon's repertoire. [b]An Alice has 2 Main Racial Abilities that actually puts an Alice in an advantage versus other Lust Demons, One of which is the fact that Regardless of what scars the Alice gets, They can Regenerate those scars. This particular Regeneration is so powerful that [i]they can even restore their Virginity[/i], which gives an Alice an Edge versus a Succubus in their own Gimmick, The Second is what I said that they're hunted for, They have a Partial Humanity that allows an Alice to Understand Humans and be like them, but They do have 2 Disadvantages, One is that Most Alices often appear too young for most men to go for, (Most looking around 11-13 years old with a rare Late Teens Alice), The other is that They have Holes in their Humanity, Thus lacking Certain Emotions, but Most often are able to feel Love. [/b][b]Most of Aeklyn's Abilities are Either [/b][b][acronym='Like her Enchanting Abilities from School, and the Mask of the Mist being Learned from her Mother']Taught[/acronym][/b][b] or [/b][b][acronym='The Gene Mutation that certain Lust Demons have that Create Alices do not like to mix with Certain Human Genes, More specifically ones that create Mental Anomalies (Like Schizophrenia), and their attempt to meld causes the Demon Form Anomaly Aeklyn has. Another Explanation for the Demon Form is that She is still Majority Demon, As you had put it with "Aeklyn's Mana Circuit being almost exactly the same as a typical Demon" ']Inherited[/acronym][/b][b]...[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Kio-kun' timestamp='1331692516' post='5869727']
T I'll handle it. Thanks for letting me know. Actually, I'm gonna update that rule for people like Lazuruz who just haven't popped up or can't do anything yet.
[/quote]

I have an app in the works that should atleast let me join the RP itself, just not as Azrael quite yet.

The only problem is that I hit quite the brick wall of a writers block.

By the way Kio, -kun technically isn't an inappropriate honorific to append to Reimu. It's actually a gender-neutral term meaning "subordinate" or "equal" in addition to being a male-specific term of endearment. -Chan means, more or less, "cute" and isn't always appropriate in all occasions, so -kun is sometimes substituted. I took it to mean Jessica figured Reimu was tomboyish.

Ironically, -bouzu is basically -chan, but with the implication of being male rather than female. Basically, she was being mildly condescending to Jin and slightly less familiar with Reimu than would be considered normal. Calling them by any honorific at all aside from -san is already a little rude, given they just met.

[url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/JapaneseHonorifics?from=Main.JapaneseHonorifics"]Reference[/url].

Actually, I learned a few Honorifics from the Negima Manga that I have (San, Sama, Dono, Kun, Chan, Bozu, Sempai/Kohai, and Sensei), rather than TV Tropes

You should also have to keep in mind that Jessica (Or, as people would call her, Sakura) is a Half-Satori, Looking her in the eye would end up having her read enough to pass "just met" with most people

[quote name='Flandre Scarlet' timestamp='1331963202' post='5874496']You should also have to keep in mind that Jessica (Or, as people would call her, Sakura) is a Half-Satori, Looking her in the eye would end up having her read enough to pass "just met" with most people
[/quote]

Except it doesn't, because [i]they [/i]don't know [i]her. [/i]It's the equivalent of a total stranger walking up to you and using your nickname, except a lot worse than that because it's almost impossible to have an English analogy to this that makes sense.

I took a few general studies courses on world languages in college yesterday, and we touched a bit on Japanese Honorifics for a week or so. I might actually pick up a full course of it for next semester, Japanese is actually a pretty interesting language to learn... and hell, I'm already learning Latin, I should at least get a language actually used somewhere.

[quote name='Kio-kun' timestamp='1331955209' post='5874323']
You know, being born in Japan, I out to have known that xD Thanks for the lesson and reference Hydra.
[/quote]

"Of-Japanese-descent" born in Japan, or "Pregnant-tourist-coincidentally-going-into-labor" born in Japan? Because it's pretty understandable if it's the latter.

Archived