YCM Weekly Previews and Suggestions

CinnamonStar

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1335728739' post='5928659']
^This.
And member games like the Guess Which Member game are fun too.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]That's something we plan to continue. And the reviews and interviews will also be done often if not every issue. Yes, band reviews too occasionally. We have a bunch of people working on this stuff after all so we've already figured a lot of this anbd even more. Video Game reviews may be a tad bit more rare though.[/color]
[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1335731671' post='5928701']
Guess Which Member? Now [b]that[/b] would be fun.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]You know we did that in the first issue, right? Or are you guys talking about something else completely?[/color]

Wow, this thread became pointless to read for about a page.

Anyhow, sorry for not having a preview this week, but I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that we'll be back tomorrow with a new episode with my first and quite possibly last time hosting. So that's fun.

Stay tuned.

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1335753348' post='5929037']
Yeah, sorry you had to see that, Aggro.

Anyway, you have reviews for songs and video games. What about movies, TV shows, books, Fan-Fics, or even a rant on bullsh*t current events?
[/quote]

Actually, I wouldn't mind one bit if you guys reviewed the last two.

All the FanFic review threads are inactive (as far as I know), we could use a new, fresh perspective.
Someone review YGO24 or something sweet like that, I could dig it.
And current events is news-related and the Weekly is, well, [i]news[/i], so that'd be an interesting addition. Though a lot of people might know about the issue already, so I'd approach that with an editorial perspective if done.

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1335753348' post='5929037']
Yeah, sorry you had to see that, Aggro.

Anyway, you have reviews for songs and video games. What about movies, TV shows, books, Fan-Fics, or even a rant on bullsh*t current events?
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]It really depends on what we want to do and we're most likely going to do reviews on things we have just read. Rants are something I'll most likely be doing in future issues. Opal pretty much hired me to do those after all. I'm not even kidding. She literally hired me to be an a**hole. Best job ever.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]More about the reviews now! A possible sigment we were going to have is where we have our readers pick for us some sort of TV show, movie, anime, etc. and we'll sit through and watch it even if it's terrible and then review it. Well we're going to have to set some minimum since getting through a whole TV Show and then reviewing it would be a hassle or maybe it just sucks so much because you guys are a bunch of d*cks. So like three episode minimum maybe or half a movie and if it's bad we'd just complain and rant about how bad it is. If it's good it'd just be like a legitimate review. Depends on whether you guys want to be sadistic or not. *Shrugs.* And Rosario+Vampire level of ecchiness is the maximum. Since this is basically something we'd have the community participate in anyway and I was really just lazy in not doing this in the first one (well there may have been a tad bit of a lack in communication as well) I don't see the problem with giving that information away.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]And fan-fic reviews? Yeah, we've discussed that too. Possibly in the future but nothing really done at the moment about it. Or at least that I'm aware of. Agro's keeping his stuff secret from the rest of us. <_<[/color]

[color=#0000CD]And news? Meh. Not terrible but I'm really not digging it. Maybe somebody else might want to do it though. We can't really be having the people who haven't done anything doing what is basically just the same thing.[/color]
[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1335754183' post='5929045']
It wouldn't just be BRINGING UP said news, but also making comedic smart-ass comments on the ordeal.

Like the Late Show.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]I'm more of a Colbert Report kind of guy and since I believe Steven and Jimmy are still archnemesis for sixth months I'm required to tell you to go f*ck yourself.[/color]

[quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1335754338' post='5929047']
[color=#0000CD]More about the reviews now! A possible sigment we were going to have is where we have our readers pick for us some sort of TV show, movie, anime, etc. and we'll sit through and watch it even if it's terrible and then review it. [/color]
[/quote]

You guys
Should watch Butt Attack Punisher Girl Gautaman.

[quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1335754338' post='5929047']
[color=#0000CD]I'm more of a Colbert Report kind of guy and since I believe Steven and Jimmy are still archnemesis for sixth months I'm required to tell you to go f*ck yourself.[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#ff0000]Daily Show > Colbert Report[/color]

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1335850302' post='5929907']
I still say it needs a funny section. If none of you are capable of being funny in any way possible, then possibly find someone who is funny that will willingly do it?
[/quote]
>It's funny to some people and they said so

So how about rephrasing that to "Have someone with my sense of humor on board".

Dwarven, if Dr. Pepper is you're only fuel for ideas, you need serious help. But if you only need them to stay alert and awake, that's another thing.

I for one found the meme thing a slap in the face. Tbh, I've never heard of a Moa before. xD

[quote name='Dwarven King' timestamp='1335852162' post='5929938']
....you will burn in the fiery pits of Hell with the Inzektors.
[/quote]And I'm taking JD with me.

Also, Grapha says hi and I'll be out in 3 minutes.

...you sir are going to die.

On a Yugioh related note. I'm making a new deck in real life to use at Regionals in an attempt to get my invite to Nationals and I have a member here who specializes in said deck helping me out. Name will not be disclosed...but I will make him proud!

On a YCM Weekly related note. If you need a Dwarf presence in an issue, you know where to find me. *amazing exit music plays as DK leaves the room*

Dwarf, I'm not even an ideal staff member and I doubt you'll get in.

Also,
Dew is better *raepfacewithhellflames.jpg*

So, any chance you and Desu could pull off a cooperative article/commentary on a more sophisticated subject? I certainly think I'd be something worth money.

Archived