Teen Titans: Heroes of the North OoC [CLOSED]

[quote name='Saiba Aisu' timestamp='1337547352' post='5943475']
Atman: If you read the application, you'll see that characters can have no / very little relationship with any canon DC Comics characters. So be very careful how you spin it.. Also, there is no guarantee that I will be accepting villains or antiheroes, as I am still the only available GM and it's already a heavy workload.
[/quote]
I understand. This little version of ____ will be like Raven, who is basically a little version of a hero of the same name. And, I don't mind waiting to see [b]if[/b] you decide to accept villains. I am having a horrible time trying to come up with a good hero.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1337536190' post='5943362']
Well, what I'm trying to focus on for the moment is what my powers will be in particular. I already know my base for the powers: Arcane magic. And I know what would be used: the elements of fire, light, and darkness. But as of now, that's about it. There's nothing really much about it. I'd like to help further advance it, but how far will depend on how well you help me out Renegade.
[/quote]

Well how do you want to channel your arcane magic?

Through incantation? Through mystical object(such as a scepter or wand)?

Also, do you want your powers to be more offensive, defensive, or supportive? I see both Fire and Darkness being offensive, but Light seems to be more of a Defensive or Supportive style.

I will help you as much as I can.

EDIT: Just had an idea, and if you already came up with your character's personality then disregard this, but what if your character changed personalities each time he used a different magic. Like when he used fire magic he took on the personality of being reckless and crazy. Dark Magic: glum and depressing. Light Magic: free spirited and optimistic. I don't know, just an idea.

Also, was thinking that your dark magic could focus on causing terror within your opponent. Like a living nightmare sort of spell, or something along those lines.
---
Also, I feel like I need to add a little more to my app. So expect a few changes, but it won't be anything too drastic.

Hm. Not bad ideas. Especially with the personality change idea. But, I'm disregarding it as you said. However, your idea of bringing terror to the opponent I really like. I'll keep that in mind when I actually get to that point.

Also, I was thinking that although Light is Defensive, I can also have it be Offensive and Supportive all at the same time, making Light the strongest element he has, while Darkness and Fire remain Offensive. Glad you're willing to help.

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1337557505' post='5943570']
Hm. Not bad ideas. Especially with the personality change idea. But, I'm disregarding it as you said. However, your idea of bringing terror to the opponent I really like. I'll keep that in mind when I actually get to that point.

Also, I was thinking that although Light is Defensive, I can also have it be Offensive and Supportive all at the same time, making Light the strongest element he has, while Darkness and Fire remain Offensive. Glad you're willing to help.
[/quote]

The personality thing would also kinda be hard to keep up with.

Okay, so when I imagine Light being defensive, I see walls of solidified light. As offensive I see it was beams of white hot light, blinding and searing my opponent. As supportive I see it as healing(of other yourself or your allies). If you intend to do the wall thing, it would really complement the 'nightmare' of darkness. You could trap your opponents and then while they are unable to move you could cast the darkness spell. I always imagined the darkness spell like a black/purple mist and once a person is hit by the slow moving mist they are subjected to terrible nightmares that can drive you towards insanity.

Now with fire, I don't know if you are looking for just plain shooting fire balls and whatnot or something a little more creative.

---

Also, edited my app.

Well, for Offensive, think of using Light like the Force in Star Wars (At least for blasting people backwards). And something similar to the Solar Flare from Dragon Ball Z. The wall thing could be great as a means of defending your allies, but it will only have a certain strength until it breaks (Similar to the Green Lantern idea of walls breaking if your will is not strong enough to keep it sturdy). And the healing thing, on point there with that.

Now for Darkness. Well, the idea of sealing the enemies away with a light dome and casting a dark spell doesn't really seem like a good idea. I had the idea of surrounding the enemy with a "Nightmare Dome" in which will release the gas inside and knock them out once it's inhaled. It's then that they fall asleep (Into a DEEP sleep) and they end up experiencing their own inner fears in their dreams. In one way or another, this ability might only be used once, as it will be the definite point in which my character will possibly end up realizing that he actually has powers.

Fire will be in certain supernatural means of expressing itself. In other words, rings of fire, fire pilars, all the cliched abilities and possibly a few original ones.

Now, the idea of a weapon might happen near the middle of the RP, but not now.

--

Oh, Saiba, are you going to make this RP in a particular format where there will be many different episodes going on? I'd say that would be a better approach to this story.

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1337559858' post='5943592']
Well, for Offensive, think of using Light like the Force in Star Wars (At least for blasting people backwards). And something similar to the Solar Flare from Dragon Ball Z. The wall thing could be great as a means of defending your allies, but it will only have a certain strength until it breaks (Similar to the Green Lantern idea of walls breaking if your will is not strong enough to keep it sturdy). And the healing thing, on point there with that.

Now for Darkness. Well, the idea of sealing the enemies away with a light dome and casting a dark spell doesn't really seem like a good idea. I had the idea of surrounding the enemy with a "Nightmare Dome" in which will release the gas inside and knock them out once it's inhaled. It's then that they fall asleep (Into a DEEP sleep) and they end up experiencing their own inner fears in their dreams. In one way or another, this ability might only be used once, as it will be the definite point in which my character will possibly end up realizing that he actually has powers.

Fire will be in certain supernatural means of expressing itself. In other words, rings of fire, fire pilars, all the cliched abilities and possibly a few original ones.

Now, the idea of a weapon might happen near the middle of the RP, but not now.

--

Oh, Saiba, are you going to make this RP in a particular format where there will be many different episodes going on? I'd say that would be a better approach to this story.
[/quote]

Seems like you got it figured out.

[spoiler=app]USER NAME: HijackAttack

NAME: Alexander Slate ("The Tenet")

APPEARANCE:

- HEIGHT: 5'02''

- WEIGHT: 89 lbs.

- FIGURE: Slim

- HAIR COLOR: Brown

- HAIR STYLE: Unkempt, frazzled, with no real style. It goes down to about Alex's neck.

- EYE COLOR: Wolfish Yellow.

- COMPLEXION: Pale, with freckles.

- CLOTHING: Normally, Alex will wear a black, buttoned t-shirt with a shirt pocket in the upper right corner, blue jeans that are slightly torn near the bottom, along with a grey backpack that contains various things such as a mortar and pestle, several herbs and vegetables, and a bottle of Iced Tea most of the time, and black sneakers. When in battle, Alex dons a light, silver armor, a grey hood, silver gloves, made of the same material as his armor, and black leather boots.

DIVISION / POSITION: Teen Titans North / New Member

POWERS / ABILITIES: Alex relies on illusionary powers, such as creating magical constructs of things (Though these are hologram-like in nature and are simply there for appearance, they are not real at all), brightening or darkening and area, and creating potions. He also has the power to create clones of himself, though these, like the constructs, are not real. Using these powers requires a certain amount of energy from his Mana Pool, a form of energy that is linked directly to his life. When this energy is expired, Alex will die. When in times of extreme stress or excitement during a battle, Alex enters the highly volatile and extremely dangerous [b]Burst Mode[/b]. When Burst Mode is activated, all of Alex's constructs become real. However, this also expends much more energy from his Mana Pool, making this not only dangerous to his opponents, but to Alex as well, as it can easily become and has been near fatal for him on multiple occasions. In this mode, Alex also gains access to advanced Illusionary techniques, such as the [b]Clone Shuffle, [/b]allowing him and his clones to switch locations, and the [b]Burst Cannon, [/b]a large, silver-and-blue arm bazooka that can shoot an extremely powerful pulse of energy (Alex will immediately exit Burst Mode and normally enter a two-to-three day coma after using Burst Cannon, so he only uses it in extreme situations). The side affects of access to the Mana Pool also include light-headedness, vivid dreams, and frequent nosebleeds. Whenever Alex gets excited or scared, blood sprays out of his nose like dragon flames (Once, when his father's card failed to start, he had drenched blood along the sidewalk).

STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Normally, all Alex carries is a mortar and pestle, and a sheathed dagger attached to his waist.

PERSONALITY: Alex could be described, at the best of time, erratic. At worst, hyper and out-of-control. He is normally optimistic, and seems to not to be able to control his power at certain points. Alex hates depressing people and things, which he finds boring, which he also hates. Alex dislikes strategy, and will often rush head-long into things without giving them much thought. This is, however, not to say he is an idiot. Alex is actually very accomplished and can work well with computers and technology. He enjoys working with alchemy and potions, and, being an Insomniac, will easily stay up all night perfecting a certain formula or mixture. His alertness and fighting, though, suffer from his obvious lack of sleep, as Alex can constantly be seen with thick bags under his eyes. He's also fond of being sarcastic.

BIOGRAPHY:
Alex was born in the town of Alconda, Michigan, where he lived a normal life until the age of eleven. He was already a constant target to school bullying, though he was fast and agile, and couldn't be caught most of the time. Anyhow, Alex discovered his connection to the Mana Pool, and even if he couldn't fully control it, the powers it granted him were useful in confusing his aggressors, as Alex made clones constantly appear here and there. This was the only contact Alex had ever had with the Pool, until he was about thirteen. The Mana Pool began granting him more powers, such as being able to create magical clones of objects he had seen before that vanished the second you touched them. During the age of fourteen, Alex entered Burst Mode for the first time in his life.

The teenager had been outside, before school, messing around with his phone, when he was cornered by three bullies. They promptly and quickly beat the living hell out of him. As they turned to leave, however, Alex got up. He was tinted red, and furious. He conjured a normally illusionary sword, that turned out to be material, and Alex grasped it and struck down the three. With three murders on his hands, though, Alex ran before the authorities could catch up on him. Along the way, he had suddenly collapsed while sitting in a restaurant booth. This was the rueful side effect of entering Burst Mode. Alex would have died, if the Mana Pool would have not been willing to bargain with him. In exchange for access into Alex's life force, Alex got almost full use of the Mana Pool - that is to say, as much as he can. By striking this bargain, however, the Pool began significantly weaker and drained quickly. When it had completely drained, Alex would die. After hearing of criminals with supernatural powers like himself, Alex had applied for the Teen Titans program.

Normal Theme -
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gcBzKElgR0"]Lucy's Theme - Fairy Tail[/url]

Battle Theme -
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqylG5IJIyM&feature=related"]Frozen Soul - Fairy Tail[/url]

Burst Mode Theme -
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l10FwJpUibI&feature=related"]Titana, Queen of the Faries - Fairy Tail[/url]
[/spoiler]

Okay guys, after lots of review and consideration, I have decided to accept the following characters: Hotaru987's Milani and ~Renegade~'s Kowen! This now brings the total of accepted characters to 4; I have set a maximum limit of 5-6 for the Teen Titans North. For those of you who are still interested in nabbing that final spot, see if you can't go back and polish your applications a bit! Remember, above all things, I am looking for quality of writing and/or originality!

Best of luck to you all, and congratulations to Hotaru and Renegade! Welcome aboard, guys.

[quote name='Saiba Aisu' timestamp='1337574701' post='5943721']
Okay guys, after lots of review and consideration, I have decided to accept the following characters: Hotaru987's Milani and ~Renegade~'s Kowen! This now brings the total of accepted characters to 4; I have set a maximum limit of 5-6 for the Teen Titans North. For those of you who are still interested in nabbing that final spot, see if you can't go back and polish your applications a bit! Remember, above all things, I am looking for quality of writing and/or originality!

Best of luck to you all, and congratulations to Hotaru and Renegade! Welcome aboard, guys.
[/quote]

May we get feedback on our apps to know what may polishing?

[spoiler=Reply to Beginning446]Sure thing, Beginning, that's actually a very reasonable and proactive request. My main issue with your character was that I did not seem to get anything distinct from him. Sure, you put in a fair amount of detail, but I felt that there was a lack of cohesiveness in your application. In particular, his motivations for fighting crime are rather dubious: just because he has a quirky power that might be useful, he should? In other words, I felt that your character's biography did not really serve to reflect his personality as much as it could have. Finally, with less concern, I felt that your power wasn't as well-defined as it needs to be.. You mention that he is limited only by size/width when folding, not material. So what are we to assume of resilient surfaces like diamond? You mentioned that he can cut through steel, a powerful ability for almost any character that makes imprisonment quite difficult.. I think your application would benefit a lot if you went back, and rather than merely adding detail, you worked on editing the various sections so that your character comes across as better developed.

If this sounds confusing, you may refer to my application for Luxa. In regards to her appearance, personality, powers, and biography, there are several common elements that create synergy. For example, while she is remarkably beautiful, her personality is also cold and bitter, and she is capable of inflicting great pain upon others (like a rose with thorns). The fact that she is able to control demonic plants serves to reinforce this connection, strengthening the imagery of a lovely, ethereal, tortured individual, which is summed up in the name "Phantom Rose." I realize that it may be difficult, but I'm not really sure how else to explain it. Just work on your character in order to produce more synergy: why does he dress the way he does, why does he act the way he does, etc. These elements are all supposed to work with each other to ultimately create a message linked to your character's identity.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Saiba Aisu' timestamp='1337581106' post='5943767']
[spoiler=Reply to Beginning446]Sure thing, Beginning, that's actually a very reasonable and proactive request. My main issue with your character was that I did not seem to get anything distinct from him. Sure, you put in a fair amount of detail, but I felt that there was a lack of cohesiveness in your application. In particular, his motivations for fighting crime are rather dubious: just because he has a quirky power that might be useful, he should? In other words, I felt that your character's biography did not really serve to reflect his personality as much as it could have. Finally, with less concern, I felt that your power wasn't as well-defined as it needs to be.. You mention that he is limited only by size/width when folding, not material. So what are we to assume of resilient surfaces like diamond? You mentioned that he can cut through steel, a powerful ability for almost any character that makes imprisonment quite difficult.. I think your application would benefit a lot if you went back, and rather than merely adding detail, you worked on editing the various sections so that your character comes across as better developed.

If this sounds confusing, you may refer to my application for Luxa. In regards to her appearance, personality, powers, and biography, there are several common elements that create synergy. For example, while she is remarkably beautiful, her personality is also cold and bitter, and she is capable of inflicting great pain upon others (like a rose with thorns). The fact that she is able to control demonic plants serves to reinforce this connection, strengthening the imagery of a lovely, ethereal, tortured individual, which is summed up in the name "Phantom Rose." I realize that it may be difficult, but I'm not really sure how else to explain it. Just work on your character in order to produce more synergy: why does he dress the way he does, why does he act the way he does, etc. These elements are all supposed to work with each other to ultimately create a message linked to your character's identity.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

In my attempt to polish my application I have chosen a new power (still trying to be creative but hopefully easier to explain) and with it comes a much more defined personality and background. I hope this meets your expectations.

[spoiler=App ]
USER NAME: Beginning446

NAME: Maxwell Drake aka "Anansi”

APPEARANCE:

- HEIGHT: 5'11 or 71cm

- WEIGHT: 210 lbs

- FIGURE: Overweight (not obese but a diet would be nice)

- HAIR COLOR: Black

- HAIR STYLE: Maxwell has a bald fade that is kept real low to appeal as a moderate as possible.

- EYE COLOR: Black

- COMPLEXION: Brown skin

- CLOTHING: Maxwell fashions himself a polo wearing man and dawns himself with slacks. Since wearing a pair of dress shoes would be impractical for combat he often wears speries since their leather soles provide comfort.

DIVISION / POSITION: Teen Titans North / New Member

POWERS / ABILITIES: Gye Nyame the power of storytelling: As part of his family tradition bestowed from tribal ancestors Maxwell carries a book of old African fables, Maxwell has the power to bring to life the fables inside said book to life. Maxwell’s ability allows him to project a bubble that so far has a maximum radius of 30ft around him in which he can change the setting inside the bubble to the setting of one of his stories. Inside this bubble Maxwell can summon the characters of the story to do as he chooses and he can assume the role as one of characters. In addition if there is an over arcing condition in which the story takes place the bubble will adjust to the conditions of that story. (i.e. the story takes in a night then the bubble becomes dark to simulate night)
With such a broad power Maxwell suffers many drawbacks. First Maxwell can only choose one story at a time and there is no way to change that. Second Maxwell cannot alter the characters of the story he summons, summon characters outside the story, or alter the setting inside the bubble unless the story would allow it. Maxwell cannot gain the powers of any character he chooses to transpose himself as however if the story affects the character then Maxwell is affected the same way. Next, Maxwell’s stories do not kill. Though they may bind, snare, inflict, pain, he has never used his powers to kill before so for all he knows they cannot kill.

STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Maxwell always carries a thick book of stories around with him which is used as the basis of his powers. When he needs to use this book the symbols of Nyame will appear on his palms and Maxwell will clap his hands together and once his hand part he will have his book. In addition Maxwell was given a portable spear to help him on his journey as a Titan from the village he intends to help save. He also wears a pair of glasses that are made with transition lenses that help him see because is legally blind without them.

PERSONALITY: Maxwell is a gentle soul. Violence has never been his strong suit though he is well trained in self defense and how to use a spear he doesn’t like the concept of inflicting pain on someone. Maxwell prefers to do non-combative missions because the thought of hurting people seems to be going against his core beliefs. Maxwell is very creative, partially because you have to retain the attention of little children and because children themselves are always trying to interact with his stories. By playing with children and dealing with children all day he has very good patience and very thick skin (because kids do say some hurtful things sometimes)

BIOGRAPHY: Maxwell’s powers originate from one of the African Fables that is in his book. The story goes that the legendary trickster, Anansi the spider, wanted the ability to tell stories to all of the children in the land. So he went and pleaded with the Sky God Nyame to bestow upon him that gift. Nyame said that Anansi had to capture three delinquent animals and bring said animals to him and the Anansi would receive his gift. Needless to say Anansi with his clever bag of tricks was able to achieve this task and as such he was Anansi was granted the gift of storytelling.
Though that is a fable it is said that a select group of people were blessed by Nyame with his mark on their palms and those blessed with the mark can their words come to life. In honor of the gift the old African storytellers called it “Gye Nyame” meaning glory to the sky God. Most African tribes were not technologically inclined to record their daily lives so what has been used for generations as a way to teach children history is the power of storytelling.
Maxwell Drake is the latest in a long line of storytellers. He was born in Gotham City but his family has been keeping in touch with its roots since the early 900’s. As the latest in the line of storytellers when Maxwell is not in school he has spends his extra time telling stories to neighboring pre-schools, kindergartens, and day-cares. In an age of technological wonders it is easy to hide the fact that he is using his powers in broad daylight. Compared to other members of the Titans he has a pretty average life.
Unfortunately, one day Maxwell received an e-mail from his grandparents who were touring Africa telling stories and also using the power of Gye Nyame to say that a vast number of Africa’s lush forest are being cut down to make way for the technological wonders of the day. Maxwell was terrified African had barely come back as continent after the massive European colonization, then again after the Sino-African relations in which China used a lot of its natural resources, and one more time with the whole threat of global warming. Maxwell felt it was his duty to try to help the motherland but it would be hard since as a student and a day care storyteller to do anything. Maxwell noticed that the Justice League is always in the news maybe they can help surely this is important enough to warrant their attention. Maxwell tried many times to contact the Justice League but to no avail without something of substance he would not be noticed. So Maxwell made his power known to Justice League and offered to do anything if they can help save the Motherland from deforestation. The Justice League accepted his “terms” and have given him the code name “Anansi” because that is the originator of the power.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Reply to Aesirson]Sure thing, Aesirson! My main issue with your application was not so much a lack of cohesion as it was lack of detail. I feel like you definitely did a good job of establishing your character's type (the imagery of a crippled, magic-related character is very pervasive, especially if accompanied by a familiar); however, it seemed like his powers were a bit too vague. So basically, the magical bird grants him increased reconnaissance abilities and energy-based projectiles? What happens to his corporeal body while he is commanding the bird in battle? As he is crippled, it doesn't seem likely that he would be able to defend / avoid attacks very easily. I really like the idea of a bird (I'm picturing something graceful and beautiful like the phoenix Fawkes from Harry Potter, a kind of manifestation of his internal spirit) with whom he can sync his consciousness; however, it doesn't seem like the most effective attack style. Finally, the ability to fuse sounds really cool, but again, you didn't go into much detail or specify its limitations, you merely said "amazing magical abilities and physical strength."

In all honesty, your character was one of my favorites because of his distinctive personality and power (again, a crippled character is really quite bold!) but a lack of specifications and a few slight grammatical errors made me decide against including you the first time. So see if you can't polish those up somehow![/spoiler]

You know, Aisu, maybe you shouldn't limit the max number of characters to just six. You could limit to nine (Or seven), so that some people aren't disappointed that they can't join the RP.

Just a suggestion. Also, my app is halfway done (THIS IS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER). Still working on it, but describing the powers are still a pain. But I'll try my best.

C4: I can't do that, unfortunately. Currently, I am the only Game Master available, and I am very aware of my own limitations. In addition to controlling my own character, I will also have to control NPCs, well-developed villains, and create expansive plots and environments. There is no simply no way that I could deal with more than 5 characters. Also, I didn't say it was a competitive RP for nothing! Of course some people just simply won't make the cut.

/EDIT: Also, the application shouldn't be taking you this long. You were one of the first to reserve, if I remember correctly.. I just hope all this time you're taking is worth it; I have gleaned a little bit regarding your character's powers, and I'm concerned that they might not match up favorably with the kinds of abilities I'm expecting from participants. Still, only time will tell, I guess.. In any case, we'll probably start sometime tomorrow, so have your application in by tonight at the latest.

Polished the Power/Abilities part of my app, as well as any grammatical and spelling errors I could find.

You say that the bird isn't an effective fighting style, but he's meant to be more of a supportive character like Professor Xavier from X-Men, while still being able to fight on his own against lone opponents (or a group of thugs or minions)

Hopefully you find my application more pleasing now ^^

Okay, I undertstand. And the reason as to why I'm taking so long is because you can only have so many ideas going through your head. I'm very limited to my own ideas, and coming up with new ones can be a huge hassle. And also, I have a tendency to forget some things that I had in mind to put down, and that what usually stops me in my tracks sometimes. That's why in every RP I'm in, it takes so long for me to make an app, and I have to join in when it's already started, which is a no-go for me that I'm trying to avoid. I'm failing very badly, though.

If you're the only Game Master, are you saying you need another one to help you out? I'd say I'd be better at that, but that would depend on what I'd have to do.

Whew, finally finished my character application.

[spoiler='Character Application']

[b][font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]USER NAME[/color][/size][/font][/b][size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]: -Protagonist-

[b]NAME[/b]: Hikaru Kazuki Otonashi (simply nicknamed "Ongakuka," or "Musician")

[b]AGE[/b]: 18

[b]GENDER[/b]: Male

[b]APPEARANCE[/b]:

- [b]HEIGHT[/b]: 5’ 11”[/font][/color][/size]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]- [b]WEIGHT[/b]: 150 lbs.

- [b]FIGURE[/b]: Regular

- [b]HAIR COLOR[/b]: Black, with streaks of white.

- [b]HAIR STYLE[/b]: His medium-length hair is styled in a stereotypical anime style. His bangs are swept to the left, and hang over his eyes. The rest of his hair is slightly rugged, and is brushed down in a way that looks characteristic of spikes angled slightly offside.

- [b]EYE COLOR[/b]: Dark-brown eyes, with distinct white rings.

- [b]COMPLEXION[/b]: An Asian complexion; possesses a very light tan.

- [b]CLOTHING[/b]: He wears formal concert wear, minus the jacket. His clothing is redesigned to hold smaller instruments securely on his person, and offers comfort and ease of motion. On the base level, his clothing is reinforced with a layer of Black Widow webbing, and his dress shoes possess steel toes and non-slip soles.

[b]DIVISION / POSITION[/b]: Teen Titans North / New Member

[b]POWERS / ABILITIES[/b]:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Hikaru possesses, to a certain degree, sound manipulation. His musical upbringing has allowed him to be familiarized with musical minutiae, technique, and style, and he uses this knowledge in combat. He is incapable of creating sonic booms by clapping, or ear-piercing whistles which are a result of rather large-scale sound augmentation rather than his specific form of sound wave manipulation. Rather, Hikaru’s use of sound waves involves emotion and empathy. While normal musicians are capable of eliciting emotional responses, Hikaru uses his powers to deliberately heighten the force of emotional impact to a level beyond what normal musicians are usually capable of. This heightening of emotion is a result of unconscious and conscious processes of his powers: unconscious in that utter emotion is transmitted through the mood and style of what he plays; conscious in that he must actually perform it to allow the unconscious processes to be made manifest. He can control the emotional responses to an individual level, allowing only the target(s) to hear his empathic sounds, rather than bystanders, preventing unnecessary collateral.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]The overall force behind his sound manipulation truly depends on the number of people he targets, as well as how strong-minded the target(s) is(are). If he targets a single weaker-minded individual, such as a common street thug, the force of emotional impact is capable of rendering them into one so depressed that they desire suicide. Against larger groups, the force of emotional impact is lessened considerably, but is still able to have some sort of emotional effect. On a strong-minded individual, the force is similar to if he were targeting multiple weak-minded individuals; however, if he finds a piece of information regarding their past, he can empathize with them through his music, resulting in an augmented emotional force. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]His specific control over sound requires an instrument. This is partially due to his inability to sing and whistle. He has exceptional talent in musical improvisation, to the point that if he were separated from his instrument of choice (his cello) and the spur of the moment has him grab a sheet of paper, he will rip a sliver from it and use it as a form of grass whistle.

[b]STANDARD EQUIPMENT[/b]: Hikaru carries a cello strapped to his back, with the bow carefully strapped to the cello. His cello and bow are reinforced with Nth Metal, and as a result are lightweight, often seen floating (due to this, they have been strapped to his back to prevent them from flying away), and due to the cello's durability, it is able to take blows unscathed that would otherwise obliterate a normal cello. If need be, he is able to swing around his cello with relative ease, despite his nonathletic physique (he cannot swing it around if exhausted/fatigued, however, for obvious reasons), but he isn’t as experienced with hand-to-hand combat as he is with music. He carries a harmonica in one vest pocket, and the two halves of a piccolo in another.

[b]PERSONALITY[/b]: Hikaru is a moderately generous and kind person. He is more optimistic than he is pessimistic, but believes he is balanced in terms of the two. He is one to voice his opinion when the situation calls for it, but is also capable of self-control in his voicing of his more personal opinions on the matter. [/font][/color][/size]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Emotion-wise, his displayed persona is calm, collected, and very stoic, but his inner self is a churning sea of emotions. He only has one outlet for this overwhelming amount of emotion, and that is music. He is often seen, but more often than not, heard, playing a piece of music that is displaying what he is currently feeling. Music is, in reality, his only form of truly expressing himself; he displays kindness due to it being out of almost second nature, but more outward emotions such as anger, love, and sadness are almost always displayed through his music. His parents had seen his inner sea of emotions outwardly displayed, and they believed that his wide array of emotions is due to Hikaru second-guessing himself on many everyday things that almost every other person would do almost immediately. Presently, he does not second-guess himself on many of these things, having grown out of them, but although there are a few things he still is unsure about, he will not wallow in it; instead, he will willingly ask for assistance and guidance.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000][b]BIOGRAPHY[/b]:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000][size=3]Hikaru Kazuki Otonashi was born in Ikebukuro, Japan to a relatively wealthy, U.S. born Japanese couple. At the age of 2, he saw the image of a string instrument hanging on a wall on his home, and started developing an interest in the instrument. On his 3[/size][sup][size=2]rd[/size][/sup][size=3] birthday, his parents bought a violin for him; upon receiving it, he didn’t hold it in a fashion typical to that of a violin, but rather, that of a cello, whereupon he began to play on it for his parents for the rest of the day, displaying his utter gratitude for his parents for buying the instrument for him. In the following years of his early and mid-childhood, his parents would hire a private music instructor to teach him music, but each lesson was deemed unnecessary by each instructor; halfway through the allotted instruction time, the instructor of the time would get up, tears in his or her eyes, find Hikaru’s parents, and tell them that instruction was no longer necessary, deeming Hikaru a musical prodigy of such talent that instruction was unnecessary, whereupon they would leave. [/size][size=3]Each instructor did not demand payment, all of them having said that it was worth it in and of itself just to hear the overwhelming music coming from the violin of such a young child.[/size][/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000][size=3]On his 10[/size][sup][size=2]th[/size][/sup][size=3] birthday, Hikaru received his first cello. Around this time, he tried to compose his own works, but he found himself unable to put his works on paper, simply because he had never seen sheet music before then (for every instructor he had during his early childhood never reached that point in the lesson, only having listened to an enthralling musical improvisation for half the lesson). Therefore, he took on private music lessons, learning as much as he could about music, from how to write it on paper to all the various genres and styles in performing it. After a few years, he mastered several styles and composed several pieces of music for each genre. [/size][size=3]During this time, he also learned to speak fluent English, although with a distinct Japanese accent.[/size][/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]At the beginning of high school, he grew fascinated with the hero/heroine duet of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. He wrote music about the two, and when one particular composition about them was ripped in half by the school bully during class, Hikaru, angry at what was just done to his music but didn’t show it, walked over to his cello (for he carried it everywhere with him), and at first played music so infuriating that the bully in question blew a fuse, where the music then transitioned to something so sad, the bully collapsed to the floor due to the sheer force of the emotion and speed of the transition. It was from this moment that Hikaru realized he had a literal power over sound; one capable of eliciting the innermost emotions of the audience, and heightening those emotions to up to the degree of incapacitation on certain individuals.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Of course, the bully incident did not sit well with the school officials: after both sides were heard, the bully was suspended, and Hikaru, refusing to go to the same school when said person’s suspension was lifted, asked his parents to go overseas, which they soon did after a few weeks. However, their new neighborhood was wrought with crime, and it was only a few months into the arrival at their new home that their house was broken into. Hikaru was out of the house at the time, seeking a new cello at a music store (for his first one was broken and irreparable), and when he arrived home with a new lightweight and reinforced cello, he found his father by the front door, shot to death, and found his mother gagged in the basement, having suffered things she would never speak of. The 2 criminals who had broken in were still in his house, however, and when they found him with his mother in the basement, Hikaru grew so infuriated that he took his new instrument and played a song filled with so much emotion that the criminals fell to the floor, begging for suicide, and were obliged by shooting themselves.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]After this incident, Hikaru and his mother laid his father to rest. He graduated from high school at age 18 after moving to a more peaceful neighborhood. During his writing of a song to memorialize his father, he discovered his cello was too light; upon a visit to the store he bought it from, he found out that his cello was reinforced not with lightweight titanium, but instead, was reinforced with Nth Metal, the metal native to the home world of Hawkman and Hawkgirl, his favorite superhero/superheroine duet. After hearing about how a superhero faction called Teen Titans North was being formed in Aurora City, Hikaru decided to apply for the team, wanting to use his music for a greater purpose than entertainment; the purpose of the greater good.[/font][/color][/size]
[/spoiler]

Man, to think I haven't made an app in a long time, and this might not be that good anyway. Please point out any problems that you see, but know that I won't be able to change anything until tomorrow.

[spoiler=Application][b]USER NAME[/b]: Double C4

[b]NAME:[/b] Jason (True name Unknown)

[b]AGE:[/b] 18 (Supposedly)

[u][b]APPEARANCE[/b][/u]:

- [b]HEIGHT:[/b] 5'9"

- [b]WEIGHT[/b]: 180 lbs.

- [b]FIGURE[/b]: Average

- [b]HAIR COLOR[/b]: Dark Brown

- [b]HAIR STYLE:[/b] Medium-long, wavy with curled tips.

- [b]EYE COLOR[/b]: Hazel

- [b]COMPLEXION:[/b] Light/Average, similar to Caucasian.

- [b][u]CLOTHING[/u]:[/b] When not in combat, Jason tends to hide himself in a snow-white cloak. Because he tries to hide himself from others, he usually covers his face as well. It's not known as to what is under the cloak, as it somehow never comes off. It fits his body shape perfectly and it is also skin-tight. It's also enchanted to adjust its own temperature so that the body can remain at its normal level of 98.6oF. Well, in all actuality, the only thing enchanted about the cloak is that the element of fire would either increase the temperature or dim down to balance it out. The change of temperature depends on the situation. However, the cloak also has a triangle on the chest area with 3 particular arcane crests at each point, the top representing the element of light, the bottom left representing fire, and the bottom right representing darkness. It isn't known if this symbol effects how his body works, but it might soon enough.

[b]POWERS / ABILITIES[/b]: Jason has the powers of the Arcane Arts, but doesn't know it. However, these powers, although unknown to him, revolve around the elements of fire, light, and darkness. Fire is in its Offensive form, Light is in Offensive, Defensive, and Supportive form, since Light is the strongest element in his disposal. Darkness is considered Offensive, for now. However, because he doesn't know about his powers, he can't access them. However, due to the fact that he doesn't know about his powers, when he does unleash them, it's like when Bruce Banner becomes the Hulk. Whenever he goes through a particular negative emotion, a different section of his powers is unleashed subconsciously.

For example, if he is enraged, he would use Fire in an Offensive way (Whether it be different variations of how the fire is used, it doesn't matter yet). If he feels overly dark and vengeful, he would use his darkness element in a way that would seem unlike any other hero would do. Because Darkness is offensive, its main function is to open the eyes of his enemies to their worst fears that have remained dormant for a long time. However, only through a strong sense of justice or protection of his allies will allow him to subconsciously unleash his Light element in either Offensive and Defensive, Offensive and Supportive, etc.

However, due to him never doing this before, he is completely unaware of his own inner potential, or never experienced a blackout before. Although he may unleash his powers subconsciously, there is a small window of time that he can do this before he passes out from exhaustion. Also, whatever element and emotion he feels reacts to his appearance greatly. With fire, the cloak is changed to no longer fit skin-tight, but to fit in a similar way of the outfit used by Ezio Auditore and Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad from the Assassin Creed games, but the outfit is scarlet in color with the fire symbol from the triangle crest that originally appeared on his chest.

With Darkness, the appearance changes to a similar outfit, but it is dark purple in color and has the darkness symbol on its back. Also, his eyes turn white completely. Light appears to be the one that looks the most different. Unlike the similar outfit when using Fire Mode or Darkness Mode, Light Mode is very different. Jason now bears angelic wings along with a completely different outfit. The outfit itself is that of spiritual Arcane Armor that resembles that of a golden elite knight, minus the helmet. The light symbol, however, appears on his chest plate instead of the back. The armor looks fairly light to be considered knight armor, but it's armor nonetheless.

[b]STANDARD EQUIPMENT[/b]: Although it's unknown as to what Jason has under his cloak, he does carry one thing in particular that he doesn't know where he got it from: a special relic that is in the shape of three animals that can't be identified circling around in the means of making a circle, along with a triangle in the center that appears to have a mysterious rune pattern undetermined by archeologists. It's gold in color with the triangle in the center having crimson red runes. The origin is unknown, but it's possible that the relic could be Egyptian in origin. However, that can't currently be proved without actual facts that make sense of it.

[b]PERSONALITY[/b]: Jason's means of conversation is considered to be VERY laconic, at least for the moment. He likes to be the one to always walk away from the stuff that would either way make him lighten up. Although he wants to make friends, he is for some reason afraid of rejection, neglect, and constant assault on his psyche. His fear is so strong, that he always tends to be alone, and he feels that whatever he does isn't enough for them, even though he has rarely done anything at all. Although his fear may get the best of him, he is in fact gentle at heart, but feels as though he is a torn individual, as if something previously in his life has drastically effected how he feels towards other people and his inability to ask for help. If one were to try and convince him that he/she can be trusted, it would take so much convincing that saving his life once might not cut it. This is his general emotion towards the world.

When he begins to subconsciously use his powers (Which hasn't happened yet), his emotions are all over the place, and he doesn't know what he's feeling once he's blacked out and his powers take over. One could say that once he begins to act evil and sadistic, the darkness inside him could have possibly derived from something involving his birth. The darkness inside him would also try to consume him everytime he uses it uncontrollably. Only when he feels like it's truly taking control of his mind will he be in some form of control of his own, which of course would lead to him feeling perserverent, but also enraged at the fact that his darkness would attempt to take away his "humanity". He has courage inside him, but to reveal it, would take something else: another emotion, known as despair, or the loss of a loved one.

[b]BIOGRAPHY[/b]: Jason has absolutely no recollection of his past. All he knows, is his first name. That's it. He knows nothing about earth or what happens on it. The first thing he remembers, is waking up in the middle of a street. Or better yet, in a crater. He doesn't know what happened, how he ended up in a crater, or why he woke up there to begin with. It didn't make sense to him, so he ended up running, hiding from the world to keep from being seen. And for a while, he lived in fear, but also made sure to survive as much as he could. And, over time, he began to learn the many different things about earth that he had possibly forgotten.

Nothing made sense, but what did make sense, was that the crime rate where he was was above averagely high compared to other cities. Eventually, he ended up crossing paths with a supposed gang member/leader who had Jason at gunpoint. He was scared, and just wanted him to go away. And this was the first time his powers were ever revealed, yet he blacked out the moment he set the gang member/leader up in flames. He ended up passing out, and he didn't know what happened then.

When he woke up, he had been out for God-knows-how-long. He was still in the same place as he was, but when he realized the man who had him at gunpoint was burned alive, he didn't know what did it. He couldn't believe he did it, since he has no knowledge of magic, and he had blacked out around the exact same time it happened. He didn't know what was going on, but one thing came into his mind: He wanted to help people, but he didn't know how to.

It was then he heard about the Teen Titans program. He didn't know what it was, nor did he know what was going to happen, but he knows it won't be an easy job, no matter what angle you look at it. But he thought that this may be the way he can help people. Although he'd have to be working with others, he wanted to do something to make his life worth something besides running away in fear of neglect and rejection. So, he applied for the program, unaware of the potential he had within himself. He doesn't know about his powers, but he somehow was accepted even without any. He wasn't ever given an explanation as to why he was accepted, but he didn't care. All he cared about was that he can finally help people in a way much bigger than he might ever be.

He would just have to see if he is able to live up to such a giant responsibility of the Teen Titans North, even if he would stay separated from the others 24/7.[/spoiler]

I can just see a lot of problems with it already, since I was rushed to do this (Simply because I need to get into an RP so I can have something to do). But, regardless, fire away!

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1337644746' post='5944432']
Man, to think I haven't made an app in a long time, and this might not be that good anyway. Please point out any problems that you see, but know that I won't be able to change anything until tomorrow.

[spoiler=Application][b]USER NAME[/b]: Double C4

[b]NAME:[/b] Jason (True name Unknown)

[b]AGE:[/b] 18 (Supposedly)

[u][b]APPEARANCE[/b][/u]:

- [b]HEIGHT:[/b] 5'4"

- [b]WEIGHT[/b]: 200 lbs.

- [b]FIGURE[/b]: Slim

- [b]HAIR COLOR[/b]: Dark Brown

- [b]HAIR STYLE:[/b] Medium-long, wavy with curled tips.

- [b]EYE COLOR[/b]: Hazel

- [b]COMPLEXION:[/b] Light/Average, similar to Caucasian.

- [b][u]CLOTHING[/u]:[/b] When not in combat, Jason tends to hide himself in a snow-white cloak. Because he tries to hide himself from others, he usually covers his face as well. It's not known as to what is under the cloak, as it somehow never comes off. It fits his body shape perfectly and it is also skin-tight. It's also enchanted to adjust its own temperature so that the body can remain at its normal level of 98.6oF. Well, in all actuality, the only thing enchanted about the cloak is that the element of fire would either increase the temperature or dim down to balance it out. The change of temperature depends on the situation. However, the cloak also has a triangle on the chest area with 3 particular arcane crests at each point, the top representing the element of light, the bottom left representing fire, and the bottom right representing darkness. It isn't known if this symbol effects how his body works, but it might soon enough.

[b]POWERS / ABILITIES[/b]: Jason has the powers of the Arcane Arts, but doesn't know it. However, these powers, although unknown to him, revolve around the elements of fire, light, and darkness. Fire is in its Offensive form, Light is in Offensive, Defensive, and Supportive form, since Light is the strongest element in his disposal. Darkness is considered Offensive, for now. However, because he doesn't know about his powers, he can't access them. However, due to the fact that he doesn't know about his powers, when he does unleash them, it's like when Bruce Banner becomes the Hulk. Whenever he goes through a particular negative emotion, a different section of his powers is unleashed subconsciously.

For example, if he is enraged, he would use Fire in an Offensive way (Whether it be different variations of how the fire is used, it doesn't matter yet). If he feels overly dark and vengeful, he would use his darkness element in a way that would seem unlike any other hero would do. Because Darkness is offensive, its main function is to open the eyes of his enemies to their worst fears that have remained dormant for a long time. However, only through a strong sense of justice or protection of his allies will allow him to subconsciously unleash his Light element in either Offensive and Defensive, Offensive and Supportive, etc.

However, due to him never doing this before, he is completely unaware of his own inner potential, or never experienced a blackout before. Although he may unleash his powers subconsciously, there is a small window of time that he can do this before he passes out from exhaustion. Also, whatever element and emotion he feels reacts to his appearance greatly. With fire, the cloak is changed to no longer fit skin-tight, but to fit in a similar way of the outfit used by Ezio Auditore and Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad from the Assassin Creed games, but the outfit is scarlet in color with the fire symbol from the triangle crest that originally appeared on his chest.

With Darkness, the appearance changes to a similar outfit, but it is dark purple in color and has the darkness symbol on its back. Also, his eyes turn white completely. Light appears to be the one that looks the most different. Unlike the similar outfit when using Fire Mode or Darkness Mode, Light Mode is very different. Jason now bears angelic wings along with a completely different outfit. The outfit itself is that of spiritual Arcane Armor that resembles that of a golden elite knight, minus the helmet. The light symbol, however, appears on his chest plate instead of the back. The armor looks fairly light to be considered knight armor, but it's armor nonetheless.

[b]STANDARD EQUIPMENT[/b]: Although it's unknown as to what Jason has under his cloak, he does carry one thing in particular that he doesn't know where he got it from: a special relic that is in the shape of three animals that can't be identified circling around in the means of making a circle, along with a triangle in the center that appears to have a mysterious rune pattern undetermined by archeologists. It's gold in color with the triangle in the center having crimson red runes. The origin is unknown, but it's possible that the relic could be Egyptian in origin. However, that can't currently be proved without actual facts that make sense of it.

[b]PERSONALITY[/b]: Jason's means of conversation is considered to be VERY laconic, at least for the moment. He likes to be the one to always walk away from the stuff that would either way make him lighten up. Although he wants to make friends, he is for some reason afraid of rejection, neglect, and constant assault on his psyche. His fear is so strong, that he always tends to be alone, and he feels that whatever he does isn't enough for them, even though he has rarely done anything at all. Although his fear may get the best of him, he is in fact gentle at heart, but feels as though he is a torn individual, as if something previously in his life has drastically effected how he feels towards other people and his inability to ask for help. If one were to try and convince him that he/she can be trusted, it would take so much convincing that saving his life once might not cut it. This is his general emotion towards the world.

When he begins to subconsciously use his powers (Which hasn't happened yet), his emotions are all over the place, and he doesn't know what he's feeling once he's blacked out and his powers take over. One could say that once he begins to act evil and sadistic, the darkness inside him could have possibly derived from something involving his birth. The darkness inside him would also try to consume him everytime he uses it uncontrollably. Only when he feels like it's truly taking control of his mind will he be in some form of control of his own, which of course would lead to him feeling perserverent, but also enraged at the fact that his darkness would attempt to take away his "humanity". He has courage inside him, but to reveal it, would take something else: another emotion, known as despair, or the loss of a loved one.

[b]BIOGRAPHY[/b]: Jason has absolutely no recollection of his past. All he knows, is his first name. That's it. He knows nothing about earth or what happens on it. The first thing he remembers, is waking up in the middle of a street. Or better yet, in a crater. He doesn't know what happened, how he ended up in a crater, or why he woke up there to begin with. It didn't make sense to him, so he ended up running, hiding from the world to keep from being seen. And for a while, he lived in fear, but also made sure to survive as much as he could. And, over time, he began to learn the many different things about earth that he had possibly forgotten.

Nothing made sense, but what did make sense, was that the crime rate where he was was above averagely high compared to other cities. Eventually, he ended up crossing paths with a supposed gang member/leader who had Jason at gunpoint. He was scared, and just wanted him to go away. And this was the first time his powers were ever revealed, yet he blacked out the moment he set the gang member/leader up in flames. He ended up passing out, and he didn't know what happened then.

When he woke up, he had been out for God-knows-how-long. He was still in the same place as he was, but when he realized the man who had him at gunpoint was burned alive, he didn't know what did it. He couldn't believe he did it, since he has no knowledge of magic, and he had blacked out around the exact same time it happened. He didn't know what was going on, but one thing came into his mind: He wanted to help people, but he didn't know how to.

It was then he heard about the Teen Titans program. He didn't know what it was, nor did he know what was going to happen, but he knows it won't be an easy job, no matter what angle you look at it. But he thought that this may be the way he can help people. Although he'd have to be working with others, he wanted to do something to make his life worth something besides running away in fear of neglect and rejection. So, he applied for the program, unaware of the potential he had within himself. He doesn't know about his powers, but he somehow was accepted even without any. He wasn't ever given an explanation as to why he was accepted, but he didn't care. All he cared about was that he can finally help people in a way much bigger than he might ever be.

He would just have to see if he is able to live up to such a giant responsibility of the Teen Titans North, even if he would stay separated from the others 24/7.[/spoiler]

I can just see a lot of problems with it already, since I was rushed to do this (Simply because I need to get into an RP so I can have something to do). But, regardless, fire away!
[/quote]

Just skimmed it really fast, but the thing that caught my eye is that your character is only 5 foot 4 inches and he weighs 200lbs. and his build is slim. That doesn't make much sense. I mean I am 5'11" and I only way around 170lbs. I know it is kind of a nitpick, but ya know...

Otaku, it's been ageees. I'm not giving you any preferential treatment, but you're free to apply.. until tonight, that is. I have extended the deadline until this evening. Please make sure you have your applications completed (that means you, KCNameless!) by midnight. I will review the applications and select one for the final spot on our five-member team.

Archived