Return of the Orichalcos (Finishing/PG-13/OOC)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this RP developing from the start and didn't have the time then to join any, but since I now have some spare time and the RP still seems to be going well, I'll join if allowed.

Name: David Cooper/Daniel Valtonis
Appearance: David has grey eyes and short brown hair, which Daniel has recently started to grow longer. He wears tight blue jeans and a loose fitting black shirt most of the time, along with a pair of converse shoes and often a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. His duel disk is one of the shadow duel disks favoured by the Orichalcos Cult, except painted completely black, and when his Daniel personality is controlling his body, the colour scheme of the disk inverts, to look like pure white version of the disk. Also, his grey eyes look fairly soft when Daniel is the personality in control of the body, but look like a darker and harder grey when David's in control. Daniel is also fairly tall, standing at 6"1', but skinny, with very little muscle or fat around his body.
Personality: David is smart, cunning and takes a very realistic approach about the way the world works, judging what his best chances of surviving would be and following that chance whenever possible. Typically, he tends to be very negative about everything, and doesn't bother to hide his dislike about what the world has become, and instead follows what he refers to as his path, in which he believes that the Orichalcos Cult works as a means to and end for, the total destruction of the world, rather than it's salvation. Not very passionate at the best of times, David actually worked hard to create an emotionless seeming exterior, covering up his inner emotions with that exterior. He doesn't care about anyone in the world except for himself and intends to betray Archetype Earth and use the Faust Comet to destroy the world. Until that time, he hides that desire under a facade of wanting to bring back Atlantis and help the world into a new enlightened age.
In contrast to the negative personality of David, Daniel has a fairly bright outlook about the state of the world, and a fairly naive and idealised view of it. Because of that, he comes across as passionate about the things he cares about, and has a positive disposition. Because of this, he ends up shocked when he comes into contact with something that is outside the world he knows, or violates part of his idealised view, often allowing David's personality to surface on those occasions. Daniel also doesn't know about his own involvment with the Orichalcos Cult, having David's personality mostly force it's way to the front when something happens concerning anything to do with Orichalcos.
Faction: Orichalcos Cult
Bio: David was originally the only personality of his body, and after being part of a broken household at only 12 years of age where his father ended up depressed and suiciding, while his mother remarried to someone who hated David. As a result of that, David ended up seeing the world through a fairly negative perspective, and ended up turning to crime and joining a gang where he worked his way through the ranks, and learing to first duel from one of the members with a Verz, until he was 19, when he ended up in hospital with brain damage after suffering a concussion and several broken bones from being hit by a car in a hit and run incident. Due to that, he ended up falling into a temporary coma, and awaking a couple of weeks later with that original personality sealed off by the brain damage. At that time, the second personality of his body, which came to be known as Daniel was born, and was taken in by one of the hospital's brain surgeons, a man named James Valtonis, after his own mother and step-father abandoned him. James was the one who reintroduced him to dueling, giving him a new deck, a Wind-Up deck, and a happier life. James is also aware of the second personality inside Daniel, and has tried to keep Daniel's personality isolated from David's, with some surgery occasionally to keep the split in his frontal lobe which caused the initial sealing of David, and keeps Daniel from knowing about David's existance. Merely believing that he had amnesia, and that James has been his father for the whole time. When the Orichalcos Cult first formed, David saw a chance and managed to work his way to the surface of his conciousness, joining the Cult as he sees them as the was he can destroy the world, and has since sometimes managed to work his way up again, and duel people for their souls with the use of the Seal of Orichalcos.
Deck:
David uses a Verz deck, focussing on Verz Ophion and combos with him, to seal the opponent from summoning any high level monsters to the field and help him survive and slowly deal damage to the opponent, tormenting them at the same time.
Daniel uses a Wind-Up deck, focussed on rapid Xyz summoning of rank 3-5 and exploitations of the Wind-Up abilities, making use of the Hunter, Rat and Carrier Zenmaity combo to kill the opponent's hand, or to use one of the monsters that can increase it's own level with Rat, and making his opponent choose some of what will happen through Weights and Zenmaisures.
Favorite Cards:
David: Verz Ophion, Verz Golem, Verz Thanatos, Verz Bahamut
Daniel: Wind-Up Rat, Wind-up Warrior, Weights and Zenmaisures, Wind-up Carrier Zenmaity, Tiras Keeper of Genesis

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Sorry for not being on lately...[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Some things came up, and for the sake of retaining my sanity, I'd like to leave the explanation at that.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Also, I will try to be as active as my schedule will allow for the coming week...Just how long that [/background][/size][/font][/color][i]is[/i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] exactly, however, I do not know as of this moment, due to a large amount of...extraneous circumstances.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Just making sure you were all informed.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Not really.
We just have a small portion of the duelists coming together, while the Orichalcos are enjoying the fact that they are about to win.
Also, this is a normal thing with roleplays. Groups form in order to interact with each other.
But do you guys really think I'm going too fast?

Archived