Return of the Orichalcos (Finishing/PG-13/OOC)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name:Jacob "Ripper" Geyato
Appearance: Jacob is tall and lanky, he is not very strong either. His face is kind of skinny, with a roundness to it, his nose is long and weak. Jacobs neck is also quite long too, his "Adam's Apple" comes out ALOT. Despite his age, he has barely any stubble, he shaves only once a month. He wears long, grey trenchcoats with a blue t-shirt underneath. He has a Sharktooth around his neck, which has a dent in it. Jacob wears brownish slacks with Hiking boots.
Personality: Jacob is quite nervous, he has a slight quirk about him, nobody knows why. He doesnt think that Friendship will get you far in life. Many times, Jacob has been on the brink of insanity after experiencing a horrific punushment for losing a duel against a mysterious man (No it was not Paradox), ever since he has tried to win as much as possible.
Faction:Duelist
Bio: When Jacob was only little, he had heard of a boy named "Yugi Muto", the king of games, he aspired to be the best, he tried to beat his friends at Duel Monsters but he just didnt have the power. One day, a mysterious man challenged him, he lost after his opponent opponent used Magic Cylinder to return his Flame Wingmans attack back at him. However, the very next day, he recieved a package, it was a Duel Monsters tin, it had a new Duel Monster on the front, it looked like his Flame Wingman, only with armour. He opened the first pack as soon as he could, he knew that the Rare cards are at the bottom of the pack, so he turned the cards face down and picked out the top 3, he pulled his first Secret Rare, Shining Flare Wingman, the he pulled Great Tornado, then he got a Super Rare Sangan. He added these to his before useless deck, he opened up the next pack and got a Tempest.
Deck: Elemental Heroes, gets as many E-HEROES to the grave to power up Shining Flare Wingman, use Tempest's immunity effect to stop Shining Flare from being attacked.
Favorite Cards: Shining Flare Wingman, Great Tornado, Sangan, Tempest.

[quote]
@Belmont: Not accepted. It's really short on its description, and doesn't really tell me a lot about your character. Most of your Bio is what your character managed to pull from a collector's tin.
[/quote]

HOWEVER, it's still on okay lengths, still lengthy enough when it comes to appearance and personality. Also, it had him 'duel a mysterious person', and how he grew up admiring Yugi. Honestly, I think there isn't really anything else to tell. It's sufficient enough for me, since the lengths are still alright. Now if it was truly a short app, then I'd agree with you, but...

The appearance for the app is good enough, I think, along with the personality. The only issue I have with the app is the bio. It just seems a little short and non-descriptive. Biographies in RPs are meant to give a character some depth, while also providing a bit of backstory that could become somewhat plot-relevant later in the RP. Half of the bio is justdescribing the character pulling cards from a tin, which I can't see ever having plot-relevance in this RP.

tl;dr [b]Not accepted[/b]. All that needs to be done is for the bio to be fleshed out a bit more. Maybe describe why your character calls himself "Ripper", or give a little more detail on this mysterious encounter your character had.

Hm, I didn't notice that Merciful's character was also a "champion" of Earth.

[spoiler=A solution, maybe?]Maybe the Earth granted Arche the power to be its champion, but seeing how Arche has allied herself with those using the Seal of Orichalcos and uses the Earth's power for her own good (as in re-creating Atlantis) the Earth decided to rewoke Arche's powers, but were too weakened by the approaching comet to do so and instead craeted Yggdrasil?[/spoiler]

My villain is a bit...different...Compared to the rest of the members of the Orichalcos cult.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Name[/b]: [/size][/font][/color][color=#669933][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Alexander Rosencrantz Blackwood[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Gender[/b]: Male[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Age[/b]: 15[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Appearance[/b]: [spoiler=Alexander][/size][/font][/color]
[img]http://0bad0.webs.com/photos/anime-guys/prince68.jpg[/img][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Personality[/b]: Alexander is very caring, to the point that he will go out of his way to help people...Well, that is, if he isn't too nervous or shy to do so. Alexander has an irrational fear of disappointing or upsetting all of those around him, and as such, he often freezes up and doesn't do anything when someone asks him his opinion on something or when he tries to do something for someone else. He also has difficulty saying "No," and as such is often just kind of "roped into things." However, he says that doing what others want makes him happy, so he never tries to resist.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Also, Alexander has a sort of "dark side"; due to all of the emotional scarring from his childhood, he is very emotionally unstable, and if he bottles up his depression and anger for too long, he will enter a sort of state that can be best described as "shattered." While in this shattered state of mind, he becomes apathetic and uncaring towards all things around him, the exact opposite of his normal demeanor.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Faction[/b]: Orichalcos Cult[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Bio[/b]: [spoiler=Storyline][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Alexander had a very troubling past...When he was three years old, his parents were murdered in front of his very eyes, and his house was set ablaze. He was taken in by a seemingly kind married couple, but after a while, one could see that Alexander was more their [i]slave[/i] than their adopted son; he was forced to do all of the work around the house, he was beaten when he did not live up to expectations or didn't do a job right, and he was hardly fed. However, he went along with it, because it was all he knew. When Child Protective Services found out about what was going on in Alexander's home, he was sent to a boarding school in Detroit. It was there that he came across a fragment of the Orichalcos Comet, and it imbued in him a new power...The power to choose his own destiny, the power to direct the course of his own life. He joined the Orichalcos Cult as a way to find closure in life, and become happy. However, he doesn't know about the cult's [i]true[/i] intentions, as he does not associate with other members regularly. Instead, he merely thinks that it is an organization of like-minded people who wish to take their lives into their own hands and change the world for the better.[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler=Deck Info][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Alexander picked up Dueling when he was younger, as a way of coping with his foster parents' abusive nature. At first, he had trouble winning, as his deck was merely a mish-mash of cards that he got out of packs. However, on the day that he found his fragment of the Orichalcos comet, he found a deck alongside it, in the same crater. The deck contained cards known as "Draconites", which were unheard of before he discovered them. However, something interesting happened one day...When he was dueling, his emotions got the better of him, and he entered the "shattered" state, and his deck changed to the "Gimmick Puppet" archetype, perhaps reacting to his feelings of emptiness and sub-humanity. However, as soon as he came to his senses, his deck returned to normal.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Deck[/b]: Alexander uses two different decks—One for "standard" duels, when he's his normal self, and one for duels in his "shattered" state.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][i][u]Draconite[/u][/i]—A deck based around using "Draconite" monsters' effects to Summon more powerful "Draconite" monsters and activate their latent effects. (Standard)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][i][u]Gimmick Puppet[/u][/i]—A deck focused around summoning higher-level monsters quickly to Xyz Summon the deadly "Gimmick Puppet" Xyz monsters. (Shattered)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Favorite Cards[/b]: [i][u]Draconite[/u][/i] — [/size][/font][/color][url="http://yugico.com/user/18042-Justified/card/7794-New_World_Awakening/32374-Zettablaze_Draconite_Emperor_M___X"]Zettablaze Draconite Emperor M ☆ X[/url], [url="http://yugico.com/user/18042-Justified/card/7794-New_World_Awakening/32365-Exablaze_Draconite__EV"]Exablaze Draconite ☆EV[/url], [url="http://yugico.com/user/18042-Justified/card/7794-New_World_Awakening/32368-Petablaze_Draconite___"]Petablaze Draconite ☆[/url]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][i][u]Gimmick Puppet[/u][/i] — Number 88: Gimmick Puppet - Destiny Leo; [url="http://yugico.com/user/18042-Justified/card/3625-ZEXAL_Extra_Pack/27118-Gimmick_Puppet_-_Nightmare_Homunculus"]Gimmick_Puppet_-_Nightmare_Homunculus[/url]; [url="http://yugico.com/user/18042-Justified/card/3625-ZEXAL_Extra_Pack/28344-Gimmick_Puppet_-_Deus_Machina"]Gimmick_Puppet_-_Deus_Machina[/url][/size][/font][/color]

Just for clarity are we of the Oricalchos (hope I didn't spell that entirely wrong lol) the villains or is it more to opposing sides doing what they believe is right kind of thing.

Also all of these super mega interdimensional transporting duelist make me feel a bit...regular...I fear duels later on will involve galaxy busting cards lol

[quote name='Aesirson' timestamp='1341516038' post='5967951']
Hm, I didn't notice that Merciful's character was also a "champion" of Earth.

[spoiler=A solution, maybe?]
Maybe the Earth granted Arche the power to be its champion, but seeing how Arche has allied herself with those using the Seal of Orichalcos and uses the Earth's power for her own good (as in re-creating Atlantis) the Earth decided to rewoke Arche's powers, but were too weakened by the approaching comet to do so and instead craeted Yggdrasil?[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Aww...that's too boring :/ why not something overly complicated and hypocritical...?

Either way, this makes everything much more interesting. And actually Archetype Earth is recreating Atlantis and enacting some other menacing plans to [i][b]save the planet.[/b][/i] Since that's her 'job' as champion. Without going into too much detail and spoilers, she'll be using the power of the Orichalcos for the good of the planet....
....................[b]NOT [/b]for the good of humans themselves.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1341547038' post='5968352']
Just for clarity are we of the Oric[i][b]h[/b][/i]alchos [i](you spelled it wrong >=D)[/i] the villains or is it more to opposing sides doing what they believe is right kind of thing.
[/quote]

Duh. Of course they're the villains. Sort of. Maybe. Extremists.

Also all of these super mega interdimensional transporting duelist make me feel a bit...regular...I fear duels later on will involve galaxy busting cards lol
[/quote]

Probably xD
But we need more regulars ^^

Just for clarity are we of the Oric[i][b]h[/b][/i]alchos [i](you spelled it wrong >=D)[/i] the villains or is it more to opposing sides doing what they believe is right kind of thing.
[/quote]

Duh. Of course they're the villains. Sort of. Maybe. Extremists.

[/quote]

Probably xD

Bad guy app
[spoiler=trimage]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Name: [/size][/font][/color][color=#800080][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Albtraum[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gender: Male[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Age: ?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Appearance:[/size][/font][/color]
[img]http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx185/trimage/Anti_Black_Coat_KH3D.png[/img]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Personality: [/size][/font][/color][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Albtraum is a very strange being, he is normally very antagonistic mocking his opponents and even some allies though he knows when to stop pressing peoples buttons in order to protect himself. He never seems to blink which gives people the impression that he stares making people want to distance themselves from him though if he gets 'attached' to someone he wont leave them alone and depending on the person he might be willing to help them or hinder them. His method of speech is weird, even though he does talk and people know what he says the never seem to be able to remember what he sounds like nor when exactly he says it. [/size][/color][/font][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Albtraum also has a trademarked annoying Chichichi laugh.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Faction: Orichalcos Cult[/size][/font][/color]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Bio: Albtrum was born when a young man in a coma came in contact with an Orichalcos meteor fragment and and the stone manifested his consciousness into a physical form though darkened by the stones power. Albtrum spent some time just stalking and dueling people randomly and using the Seal to steal their souls until he met Archetype Earth and she convinced him to join her in saving the earth something no one would expect him to do but something about her made him want to follow her. Though his actions didn't really change Albtrum started spending time with Archetype Earth and her church instead of just hunting duelists.[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Deck: Nightmare beasts, they need Dreamer to be on the field or they self destruct, generally powerful effects or stats.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favorite Cards: [/size][/font][/color]Nightmare Beast - Gatling Dragon, Nightmare Beast - Rage Ape, Nightmare Beast - Ring Mantis, Nightmare Beast - Sky Wizard
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]

Archived