YCM Undermeta Agency

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I just clicked this from your siggy and thought it is a wonderful idea indeed. I'd be happy to be a part of this.[color=#666600][size=2]:[/size][/color]
[color=#000000]User name: Hasemeow
DN [/color][color=#660066]Name[/color][color="#666600"]:Hasemeow[/color][color=#000000]
[/color][color=#660066]Favorite[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]Undermeta[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]Deck[/color][color=#666600]([/color][color=#000000]s[/color][color=#666600]):Ancient gears, crystal beasts, machinas (before this set), and crane control.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Username: Cinnamon Star
DN Name: Cinnamon Star
Favourite Undermeta Deck(s):
> those I'm the most interested into: Madolce, Cloudians and older Gladiators
> Decks I use the most: I don't know yet. That's the thing really, I've been "out" of the game for years and casual Decks seem like the way to go to get back into it.

I personally stopped checking sinse my Deck builds were always ignored. Still, it's a pretty interesting idea as a club, and it's more about the site in general being inactive, not the club's fault.

I have a build I REALLY REALLY REALLY want suggestions on. Casually speaking, it's the most enjoyable Deck I've played this year.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2zz54oz.png[/IMG]

Darkplant says that he's still running the place, but getting less active.
I personally prefer clubs that are based on something concrete/have something to work on like this one, but eh. Matter of taste, I guess.

So any site links that are good for catching up on the current game?
I'd love to comment on your build Sleepy, but I'm terrible.:'D

Oh and if anyone wants to test something, but doesn't need an opponent who really knows what he's doing, I have a DN account that I made for the YCMaker thing.
It's about time to use it.=o

[quote name='Sleepy' timestamp='1347832012' post='6026309']
I personally stopped checking sinse my Deck builds were always ignored. Still, it's a pretty interesting idea as a club, and it's more about the site in general being inactive, not the club's fault.

I have a build I REALLY REALLY REALLY want suggestions on. Casually speaking, it's the most enjoyable Deck I've played this year.

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2zz54oz.png[/img]
[/quote]Reapers maybe?

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1347847423' post='6026448']
I personally prefer clubs that are based on something concrete/have something to work on like this one, but eh. Matter of taste, I guess.

Oh and if anyone wants to test something, but doesn't need an opponent who really knows what he's doing, I have a DN account that I made for the YCMaker thing.
[/quote]Would you like me to teach you?

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1347869257' post='6026552']
Reapers maybe?

Would you like me to teach you?
[/quote]

Don Zaloog kinda does it's offensive effect a bit better, but defensively speaking, I could try it.

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1347847423' post='6026448']

[/quote]

You don't have to worry about messing up with suggestions ;D
The Deck is most likely still gonna be undermeta in any case, and Dark Scorpions in particular haven't done much in the game since 2003.
and I couldn't blame you for not knowing some stuff here and there, I stopped having contact with the game from January to May of this year, and that was more than enough for me to not know what was good anymore.

As for the deck, you let your opponent crash against higher defenses, or weaken opponent's monsters in order to attack them.
It's ideal if you destroy those monsters you attack in the process, but you really only get concerned about inflicting Battle Damage to activate the effects of the Dark Scorpions (and Don Zaloog).

Here's one of the cards that you might not know from my screenshot:
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120530134260/yugioh/images/thumb/e/ea/DarkworldShackles-BP01-EN-C-1E.png/300px-DarkworldShackles-BP01-EN-C-1E.png[/img]

I've been milling about a deckbuilding format lately that I want to try and test out, to see if people are interested. It's called Archetype Twolander, aka Themeslave: The Game. The idea is that a deck you build with an archetype must contain as many useable cards in that Archetype as possible in twos only. No staples, no type support, just cards that support the Archetype. Currently the only exceptions are when the cards in question overtly support another Archetype, or if they simply cannot be used in the deck.

Here's an example:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/T5dUC.png[/img]
Pretty much everything in twos. Enough said.

Thoughts. Would people be interested in trying it out?

Sounds a little restrictive, not in the "max 2 of each" part, but in the archtype-only support bit.
Cards like Dark Scorpions would sooo suck in that format xD

I can think of:
Ninja
Gladiador Beast
Lightsworn
Gravekeeper
Watts
Six Samurai
Karakuri
Scrap
and many GX archtypes.

^those being viable. Let's see what else what else...

Archived