Return of the Orichalcos (Finishing/PG-13/IC)

As Palir approached the intersection where the glow had been coming from, he shielded his eyes from a bright green flash and nearly didn't see the beam of light rise into the sky. [i][color=#006400]That was... What? There's someone standing there...[/color][/i] He briefly stopped and looked at where the beam had gone as a motorcycle sped past him. [i][color=#006400]The comet... It's almost as bright as the full moon in the country! Just what was that beam...?[/color][/i] Looking back at his destination, Palir saw someone talking on a cell phone then walking away. He continued staring at the traffic circle where the glow had come from, unsure of what to do next, and hoping that his eyes wouldn't make him too visible.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#b22222]"... yeah, I'm glad everyone's alright,"[/color] Gabriel said to his foster father over the phone. [color=#b22222]"... [i]si[/i], talk to you later, [i]papito[/i]. See you soon."[/color]

"So, everything's good?" CJ Brat asked Gabriel. He, Gabriel, and Russell Oxford had all went to a local late-night diner after the McKowen's had dismissed the wrestlers that night.

[color=#b22222]"Yeah, they're all okay,"[/color] Gabriel replied, having changed out of his wrestling gear earlier save for his lion-like mask, which he now wore with his peacoat and demin jeans. [color=#b22222]"My dad mentioned that, if anything like those cultist freaks were to threaten the orphanage, he'll take everyone to the bomb shelter he built underneath."[/color]

[color=#000080]"... you're kidding... right?"[/color] Russell asked, his fork stopping half-way to his mouth.

[color=#b22222]"Nope. He seriously had a whole panic room built under the orphanage. I swear, it's actually larger than the orphanage itself!"[/color]

CJ couldn't help but to laugh, spewing out his Diet Sprite into Russell's face. "Oh, man, ha-ha-ha! Dude, I'm sorry," he added to Russell, who was now wiping his face with a napkin, before turning back to Gabriel, "but what exactly was your dad expecting? A Hirojima A-Bomb?"

[color=#b22222]"Something like that,"[/color] Gabriel said with a completely straight face. [color=#b22222]"He'd've sat right through Hurricane Katrina if he had the chance, but when Ragnarok comes around, he'll be hiding in that Panic Room with his thumb in his mouth and his Sock Monkey held tightly to his chest."[/color]

CJ and Russell stared at each other with a befuddled look in each of their faces, then back at Gabriel, speechless.

[color=#b22222]"... ... ... okay, the Sock Monkey part was a joke,"[/color] Gabriel admitted, cracking a tiny smirk as he took a bite of his meatloaf.

Shaking his head, CJ took a moment to look outside the window, which was when he suddenly took notice of the small group of people exiting the diner to look at something in the sky. "What's goin' on... ...?" he muttered out loud as he, Russell and Gabriel got up from their table and exited the diner, joining the group congregating outside to get a look at the heaven above. Shining a brilliant green, more-so than it had been for weeks, was the "Faust" comet, which was now rivaling the glow of the moon.

[color=#000080]"Holy...,"[/color] Russell breathed out, in awe of what he was witnessing. [color=#000080]"That's... amazing, I'll admit."[/color]

Gabriel, on the other hand, could not help but to feel a growing sense of dread welling up within his very core. [color=#b22222]"... so, neither of you are getting a bad feeling about this...?"[/color]

"... maybe...," admitted CJ after a brief thought.

Lucas was in his bed sleeping when the phone rang. He toss and turned and tried to ignore it but to no avail the phone just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. All of his friends were the same age as he and probably in bed too and besides they all knew that if you disturbed his sleep then your soul was forfeit. So that means this can only be one person. He rolled over and picked up the phone...

[color=#ff8c00]"..Hello...its like 11:00...Fine fine I'll be there shortly."[/color]
He hung up the phone all types of annoyed that he had been summoned. Apparently the great leader had called a meeting. In Lucas' mind the only people who should be up this late are prostitutes and teenagers or maybe a combination of the two. What was so major that it couldn't wait till tomorrow its not like the cult was being subtle with there activities so no need to mention that. Maybe something happened it didn't really matter orders were orders.

After getting dressed in his full on suit he put his old style orichalcos duel disk into his tote bag with his deck and proceeded to drive to the headquarters with cognac in hand. He had his Orichalcos Cult members cloak in the passenger seat which he never agreed with wearing anyway and as he was on the road he spotted some youth down the alley. One of them looked somewhat familiar. [color=#ff8c00]"Meh"[/color] he drove on surely they will solve there differences with card games he thought as he rolled his eyes and taking a sip of cognac. He turned on the radio to listen to some music as he was on his way to this grand meeting.

[color=#ff8c00]"I better not be the first one there."[/color]

Idris was barely even past the park gate when the light intensified and she found herself coming to an immediate halt as nearly every sense she had was overwhelmed by the sudden bright light and release of energy. She managed to keep her eyes open to see the pillar of light shoot up into the sky towards the green comet, Faust, before fading to nothing and leaving the area dark once again.

[i]Well crap,[/i] Idris found herself thinking [i]Grandad was right.[/i]

She peered through the darkness ahead of her, managing to make out a vague shape in the distance that she assumed was a person talking on a phone. She remembered her grandfather telling her that even if the person who played the orichalcos card lost they'd still have their soul taken so she was hesitant about approaching the person in case they did turn out to be the owner of the orichalcos card. It didn't help that even from this distance the figure seemed to send a chill down her spine. As she watched though the figure turned and left, apparently not having noticed her. Idris found herself breathing a sigh of relief and, after a quick check to see if the coast was clear, walked forwards to examine the aftermatch.

What she did find was something she definitely wasn't expecting; she had expected to find a slumped over body looking as if it where it a coma, instead she came across what seemed to be a solid metal statue of a woman lying on her back. Idris raised her eyebrows at this odd sight and crouched down next to the statue, giving it an experimental poke before chewing her lip in confusion.

[b]"Grandfather never mentioned anything about this,"[/b] she spoke aloud.

[color=#000000][b]Yuri Kanzen[/b][/color]

[color=#4B0082]"I-... Itsu?"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri stuttered, waiting until the demoness, who had transformed back into a humanoid form, left the scene.[/color]

[color=#000000]Suddenly, a green pillar of light shot up into the sky, and straight into the comet known as Faust. This resulted in the comet glowing bright enough to rival [i]any[/i] sun in the face of the universe, but Yuri was ill-concerned about that right now; her main priority was to see the fate of Itsu herself. Yuri ran over to the fallen woman... only to see that Itsu hadn't died in the manner a human [i]normally[/i] would. Instead, her corpse had become nothing more than a hunk of metal left on the ground.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"ITSU??!!"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri shrieked once she got there, unable to hide the hysteria in her voice as she stared into Itsu's eyes with a look of horror in her face, before turning [i]wildly[/i] to a nearby girl, [/color][color=#4B0082]"Wh-... what happened to her?!"[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Jared Ruben[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, nowhere [i]near[/i] the park, but still within the city of Detroit, Jared was participating in the first tournament he'd been in since acquiring a deck similar to the one that his grandfather had used, until the tournament was put on standby, everyone that was participating now suddenly wanting to observe what was happening with that comet. Jared had managed to see everything, and was rendered speechless until one of the other participants, a young woman had made a comment.[/color]

[color=#ee82ee]"What the hell's up with [i]that[/i]?!"[/color][color=#000000] the young woman asked, before looking straight at Jared, [/color][color=#EE82EE]"Does anyone know what's going on?"[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Dunno..."[/color][color=#000000] Jared replied, that being the only word that left his mouth for quite some time.[/color]

Fortunately, that was not the case, as a black Mercedes S900 Guardian with military tags and flying miniature American flags pulled up to the park, and a gentleman dressed in an Air Force dress uniform with several medals and the stars of a Brigadier General stepped out. He casually strolled towards the hatch Archetype had used, and descended into the lair. He grunted and straightened his uniform before asking Archetype. [color=#0000ff]"So, what was that light show you put on for us?"[/color] He briefly glanced over to see an interesting sight: a little girl with red hair clad in a yellow hat and a light-blue hoodie. The girl stared at him angrily with a pair of dark-blue eyes, her feet gently rocking back and forth in the seat like a pendulum. He blinked a couple times before turning back to Archetype. [color=#0000ff]"And since when did we recruit children for our project?"[/color]

Across time and space, around manifolds, through rifts, and in between the ticks of a second, farther away from Detroit, Michigan, than many people could imagine, a young woman was bored. She blew a long strand of silver hair out of one of her purple eyes as she sighed, her head resting against her crossed arms as she waited...and waited...and waited...She waited her often, because of the woman beneath her. Her father had created her from a fearsome fore, which was, by no coincidence, the girl's mother. However, due to some quantum entanglement stuff the girl didn't quite understand, the clone she continued to watch day after day would never awaken. The young woman sighed, unable to check on her father no thanks to the spacetime fluctuations emanating from his laboratory, but she wished that the woman behind the glass that she rested upon would wake up one day.
Amazingly, through sheer impossibility, the girl got her wish.

[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-AKI.24.18.7.[/font]ι[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]/AKIPRIME.001.[/font]ψ-[/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Designation: IOTA-PSI AMALGAM ENTITY-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Unit Online-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Running Systems Check-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Systems Check Complete-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Nanites Fully Functional-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Dueling Equipment Operational-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Cognitive Processors Within Threshold-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Psionic Restraints Online-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Initializing Utility Overlay-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Overlay Complete-[/font][/center]
[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]-Activating Sensors-[/font][/center]

The woman on the other side of the glass opened her eyes, which immediately started scanning the room around her. She felt weak and weary, like she had just woken up from a long sleep. She idly wondered if she had dreamed, when it dawned on her that she couldn't remember dreaming.
In fact, she couldn't remember anything at all.
So she did what any logical person in this kind of situation would do, and pounded on the glass in front of her in a panicked fashion, though her arms didn't seem to be working exactly how she thought they should be. Furthermore, this strange...overlay...had various statistics and gauges in it that partly obscured her peripheral vision. From what little she did know, it was adjustable, but she had no idea if it was important. However, a young woman with silvery hair seemed very pleased at her awakening, and the girl ran off somewhere excitedly, hopefully to find a way to get her out of this pod.
This gave the woman behind the glass plenty of time to consider what she did know, starting with a name. A name seemed like it was a high priority thing to find.

[b]"WHAT?!?"[/b]

A man wearing regal white clothes with black hair stood in front of her 'daughter'. She had been running all over the place, touching things she shouldn't have, and that was bund to attract attention. According to her...the clone had awakened. Not bothering to say another word to his daughter, he rushed passed her with amazing speed and arrived straight at the glass. She was pounding on it.

For a moment, the man -known as 'Protheus Maximus'- was oddly amused. The glass had been specifically designed to counter such a being. The woman behind it, the designated Iota-Psi amalgam entity, was what one could call an AKI Prime or a MAGI. There were many names for beings like her, but the glass had been specifically designed to counter it, to contain her. He frowned. But he had never dreamed....

[i]....not in a billion years....[/i]

Signaling for his daughter to stand back, he unsheathed his Sword of Refraction, a sword that could touch the surface of time, and swung it at the glass. It shattered before he had even hit. Transparent liquid began to flood out of it, but he wasn't interested in any of that. The experiment was still weak. In fact, it might stay weak.

[i]...this is impossible...[/i] It was a mere experiment, made for no other purpose than for amusement and to pass the time of millenniums. It hadn't been meant for this. He hadn't ever considered such a possibility ever occuring. Something was wrong. Something had happened.

"Pandora, take hold of her." He commanded his daughter, still finding it a little difficult to comprehend the situation. "...And consider the possibility that we may be going on a field trip."

[center]-----------[/center]
All around Detroit, Orichalcos Cult members were receiving phone calls, informing them of the gathering.
[center]------------------[/center]

[color=green]"Her?"[/color] Archetype Earth asked casually, taking a glance at the girl. The leader herself had a sly grin on her face, before glancing back at the man. She stood up from her throne, and bowed to him politely. He was the first to arrive, but some were already on their way, while others were still putting on their uniformal cloaks or haven't answered their phone yet. In which case, it was also being reported on Channel 666, a channel that would hypnotise anyone not already a Cult member. [color=green]"Everybody here has a purpose, my friend. Trust me."[/color]

Then she sat back down on her throne of Orichalcum.

[color=green]"As for the light...that will be explained in due course."[/color]

She continued to wait patiently, more for her favorites than for the the ordinary members. Among her favorites was the arrogant man right now -patriotic Castle-, curious old Lucas, Jared , dark Alexander, loyal Albtrum, bipolar Cuan, and reluctant Kori... of course, that wasn't the whole list but she had quite a few favorites. She continued to wait for everyone to arrive.

[color=#006400]This is becoming a very popular place.[/color] Palir's remark was made to no one in particular, but it summed up the situation nicely. Since the flash, many more people had shown up, most of them heading directly towards the traffic circle to investigate. At least two people reacted in horror to something that Palir couldn't see from his vantage point. [i][color=#006400]Perhaps a side-effect of the energy surge?[/color][/i] He thought to himself as he finally decided to walk over and investigate himself. Noticing the lack of traffic late at night, Palir jaywalked onto the circle and towards the two people, finally seeing what they had seen - ma solid metal statue of a woman, lying on its back, arm outstretched as if to grab someone. [color=#006400]What the...? That energy surge from a few minutes ago, is this what caused it? Just what is happening here...?[/color] He trailed off, then fixed his vision on the two other people who had shown up before he did.

As her eyes became used to the new darkness Idris was beginning to make out more detials about the metal statue in front of her, the most notable one being the incredible detail it had. If it had been a person then that would more than explain the details as well as the pose and expression of the person but she still couldn't work out how they could have turned into metal. Her thoughts where interrupted as she hear a loud cry from nearby, looking up in surprise to see another person just arriving at the scene, a look of horror on her face. Idris bit her lip, the woman had called out a name and that more than confirmed that this had once been a person, she looked down at the metal person still chewing her lip, unsure of how to explain to a person that a friend of theirs had their soul taken, let-alone how they'd turned to metal.

[b]"I..."[/b] She sighed, the words dying in her throat [b]"I honestly have no idea."[/b]

She shook her head and stood up, glancing up at the woman briefly before averting her gaze. This situation was confusing enough already, she didn't need the added akwardness added to it.

[b][color=#000000]Yuri Kanzen[/color][/b]

[color=#000000]Hearing the girl's answer only made Yuri freeze in anguish. She couldn't move. She could hardly breathe. She couldn't even [i]blink[/i]. And she [i]certainly [/i]couldn't change the expression on her face. Yuri remained frozen up until...[/color]

[color=#008000]"That energy source from a few minutes ago, is this what caused it?"[/color][color=#000000] hearing this second voice made Yuri gasp in alertness, before she turned to person who said this in question. Tears started forming in her eyes, before she turned her attention to the looming comet above the night sky. Yuri couldn't contain her sorrow any more; she [i]had[/i] to let it all out.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"I always [i]knew[/i] that rock had a demonic [i]aura[/i] to it,"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri said in a tone that implied she was [i]struggling[/i] to fight through the tears, [/color][color=#4b0082]"I... I just thought that... that the gods would never [i]allow[/i] such unholy magic to be cast... [i]least[/i] of all on a now fallen [i]hero...[/i]"[/color]

[color=#000000]She coddled over the metallic "corpse" of Itsu, wrapping her arms around the petrified woman and continuing to sob, to the point where shedding each tear actually began to bring about physical [i]pain[/i] [/color][color=#000000]in her eyes.[/color]

[b][color=#000000]Jared Ruben[/color][/b]

[color=#008080]"Um..."[/color][color=#000000] the host of the tournament muttered, before he reached a decision, [/color][color=#008080]"Tournament called on the account of... that!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Jared could do nothing but shrug his shoulders as everyone dispersed around him. Unfortunately, there was nothing else for him to do at this stage except turn up at the Orichalcos Cult meeting which... well, he just didn't want to go to. Of course, the time being about a few minutes past 11 meant another option was to sleep, but... why not kill 2 birds with one stone?[/color]

[color=#000000]He decided he'd best get himself a vehicle or something first, so then he'd have something to get to the meeting [i]with[/i].[/color]

Albtrum seemed to simply appear behind the young girl who for a reason he did not know was in the throne room with Archetype earth, she seemed interesting and he would enjoy teasing her but he knew she was brought here for a reason and if he did 'play' with the chances of her losing her soul was high and if her being a sacrifice wasn't part of the plan then he'd be in trouble.
[i]SO I'M JUST WONDERING BUT WOULD YOU MIND IF I PLAY WITH THE GIRL FOR A BIT?[/i]

​Kurai was almost at the source of the strnage signal when it disappeared and as a strange light went into the sky he looked in shock as he saw that Itsu's energy signature something that had almost become one of the building blocks of the multiverse was gone. Soon after he discovered a new signal that seemed to be an SOS and decided to follow it in the hope that he could find some answers so he followed that path Itsu's bike had taken.

Lucas pulled up to the site of the barren land and saw that there were already some cars here. Glad because he would hate to have been the first one, mainly because he didn't want to go. Most of the cultist were either drones of some kind thanks to random hypnotism or other whiners who didn't want to be involved or had some sad conscious about taking peoples souls. He sat in his car for a couple of minutes listening to the radio and finishing his cognac, just in case there was no alcohol at this meeting. The station was talking about the DWF and how "sources" were saying that the matches might be cancelled thanks to cultist attacks. He chuckled as the wrestlers and their mask reminded him of a very old T.V. show called Mucha Lucha that he used to watch with his daughter when she was young and then again with his grandson when he was young...well the son split his concentration between T.V., card games, and family bonding, but what can you do kids are kids. Of course these memories deserved a drink, down goes more cognac. He finally decided to get out of the car and miraculously he didn't smell like pure liquor. Well to be honest one of his friends was a new age inventor who helped make the air around you less stagnant so you the lingering smell of alcohol disperses quickly. Combine that with some hyper potent breathe mints and we are ready.

By the time he was walking down the hall he noticed he was pretty alone yet he could he voices and quite coincidentally he was humming a tune:
[color=#ff8c00]"Mucha Lucha, Mucha Lucha...Its a way of life..."[/color] He chuckled at his memories of days long past and he made his way to the massive throne room where he sees he wasn't first but he wasn't close to last like he wanted. Curse his respect for other peoples time and efforts. He noticed Archetype Earth immediately and while he had his cult wrapped around his arm he wondered was wearing it required in his attendance. Sad really a cloak in this day and age kind of has the opposite effect as it did in the old days.

[color=#ff8c00]Am I early or is everyone else late?[/color] He could only ask as this little girl with her blatant youth vexed him so and Brigadier General didn't seem very social but at least he wasn't a super youngster.

[color=green]"Welcome, my dear Albtrum."[/color] She said as the familiar black-cloaked figure materialized near the girl. [color=green]"I do not mind. But perhaps you should ask the girl herself?"[/color]

Then Archetype turned back to the entrance, and would form a hand gesture in greeting as each drone and member entered. She kept her silence, staying quiet and saving her voice for the announcement - that is of course except when one of her favorites entered, when she would speak up to greet them, to show her respect and her interest in them, as well as her hopes placedd into them. To bring back Atlantis. To protect the planet. That's what this was all about. And that's when a familiar old man appeared, who made a comment while noticing the patriot and the youngster.

[color=green]"You're early, my friend Lucas.[/color] Archetype replied to him with a smile. She could sense that he had drank alcohol on his way here, but he disregarded it. [color=green]"Still, I sense it won't be long now until all of our friends here. I will start my announcement in about ten to fifteen minutes. It is partially related to the light you all might've seen earlier in the sky, and partially related to the will of the Orichalcos."[/color]

Alexander decided not to follow the girl. [i]She's probably running away from me anyway...[/i]

Later, he received a call on his cell phone. "Come to the meetingplace. Our leader wishes to speak with you."

Alexander nodded, despite the fact that the person on the phone obviously couldn't see him. "O-Okay..." He hung up, and he headed toward the Orichalcos HQ on foot, bracing himself against the cold wind blowing in his face.

-Later-

Alexander found himself standing before Archetype Earth's throne of Orichalcum. She was already talking to some other members, including man in military garb. Alexander stood in silence, staring hard at the ground. He didn't dare look Archetype Earth in the eyes...He knew she'd be ashamed at the fact that he'd only collected one soul, and that was weeks ago...

He didn't want to steal other people's souls, but...Was there any other way? Or did he [i]have [/i]to collect souls to become accepted and be able to live the life he wanted...? He knew the answer their fearless leader would give, but he dared not ask...He knew that, if he did, she'd probably get angry at him and take [i]his [/i]soul too...

It was only upon her pod being broken open did the clone realize how truly cold and wet she was. She quickly wrapped her arms around herself and shivered, some sort of strange liquid coating her body. The girl from before had brought back some man who looked vaguely familiar...those piercing red eyes...if only she could remember who he was...he seemed very concerned about something. The young woman brought over a blanket and wrapped it around her, and the clone looked up at her creator. [color=#800000]"Wh...Who...am I?"[/color] She stuttered, still shivering.

Atsuko tried to stay serious, but she was scared on the inside. Two of her mother's employees dropped by after school, saying they were here to pick up her up, and she hesitantly accepted after they gave her teacher the paperwork. Then they drove her here and took her down into this chamber, where the scaly lady over on the throne was waiting. She had been here for several hours, and while she was allowed to go use the bathroom and was brought a Happy Meal, she didn't know where her mother was. And now these scary people were filing into the chamber, like the guy that wanted to "play" with her. She slowly looked up at him, and told him as bravely as she could. [color=#ff0000]"I don't want to play with you."[/color]

Caledfwlch, Itsu's motorcycle, sped back towards the Duel Arcadia Tower on what used to be Belle Isle, crossing the bridge and weaving through the park to get to the hidden garage entrance. He slowed down as he entered the garage, then stopped over at a powered-down jester robot, allowing him to extend a mechanical arm to the jester to power her on. She flickered to life, and Caledfwlch guided her over to him with his arm, showing the jester his display screen. He changed it to show the recording of Itsu commanding the viewer to execute Contingency Yankee-Romeo-Papa-One-Six-Niner, which the jester registered. She started to move towards the elevator, the hidden protocols in her programming telling her what she needed to do, and activated it to go back up to Itsu's flat.
There, she eventually found a hallway filled with red doors, and opened the third from the right to reveal a huge room filled with computers and monitors. The jester robot sat down in a chair in front of a keyboard and several screens, which she powered up, allowing her to see several options. She moved the mouse to scroll over a folder that said "Contingencies", and reached a file that stated "YRP-169". Once she opened the file and examined its contents, the robotic jester pulled up another folder stating "Beacon" and quickly typed in a series of complex strings of data, then pressed Enter.
Above the jester, in the pocket dimension the mainframe resided in, a series of mechanisms came online, whirring to life as they prepared to accomplish the task set out in front of them. The machine then transmitted a signal, traveling so fast it made the speed of light seem like a snail's pace. The signal, sent throughout space and time, traveling up and down the variations of the timelines, would only be received by special devices, and who knew if the people intended to get the signal still had those devices.
By sheer luck, Protheus Maximus still had one of those emergency devices, which started beeping rapidly in a part of his laboratory.

Idris instantly felt bad when she looked up at the woman’s expression, seeing the obvious distain in her eyes. She found herself scratching the back of her head and still chewing her lower lip, she wasn’t the most tactful of people but she still knew that there was a time and a place. She saw the woman glancing up at the sky, undoubtedly looking towards the green star marking the Orichalcos comet, which seemed to have grown brighter since absorbing ‘Itsu’s’ soul. It was then that the woman appeared to break down completely and started rambling about the comet and her friend on the floor. Idris found her eyebrows raising when she heard the words coming out of her mouth, mentioning something about ‘gods’ and referring to Itsu as some form of hero before wrapping her arms around the metal form. Idris found herself heaving a sigh; she never found it easy to watch a person upset even if they were a complete stranger.

[b]“Okay…Listen,”[/b] she began, a little wary of approaching the woman [b]“I’m not entirely sure of this myself so don’t quote me on this but…Well as far as I can tell she’s not dead, she’s just had her soul taken or something. I’m afraid I don’t really know that much about it myself but I’m pretty sure we can still get it back…Somehow. Sorry I…I try to stay out of this kinda stuff if I can.”[/b] She found herself chewing her bottom lip again, she needed to stop doing that.

Archetype Earth greeted Alexander as he entered the room just as she did with all her favorites.

Although compared to the others he was really low on the collecting bit, there was something about him that intrigued her. That side of him he adapts when he's within a duel, that side which is merely amplified by the Seal of Orichalcos, that side which could prove a menace and a very powerful duelist to any opponent. If only he stayed in that form more often. He was actually rather low on her list of favorites, since whenever he was in his normal form he was always so boring and cowardly. The only part of them she was interested in was his darker personality, a trait not found among the other cowardly members.

The drones, the hopeless lunatics who had lost their whole minds to the Orichalcos, began to wander aimlessly into the room like zombies. These were the ones that annoyed her the most. They were really near-useless creatures that couldn't think for themselves, and Arche wondered why she hadn't already sacrificed them.

Other members also began to appear, all of which were wrapped in white cloaks, except one who was in his pajamas. These were the more powerful ones. Her favorites were all among the rank of these more powerful duelists, but unfortunately only a small portion of the powerful ones were among her favorites. The rest were boring, people who have their minds but don't have any particular interesting aspect about themselves.

She laughed a little when the little girl replied to Albtrum. [color=green]"You can play with whoever you want. For example...oh, Alexander, come over to the girl. Chat to her or whatever. You two might get along. You might also find Kori rather friendly once he gets here."[/color] While she looked to be doing her best to cheer up the girl, she was actually, first: hiding the fact that she was being forced to be here and not an actual member, and second: trying her best to appear as a kindhearted leader in front of everybody. By now, more than half of them all had arrived. It was only a matter of time.

While Protheus was running about, shouting orders at random servants of his, trying to figure out where exactly Itsu Fudo had 'gone down', his attention was caught by a beeping device on an empty table. He looked at it, curiously for a moment, not fully understanding what it was at first...but then he remembered. It was an emergency device, confirming her fate and explaining why the experiment had awoken, and this annoying beeping sound...if he traced it back to its source, then he could discover out her whereabouts.

He tossed the device over to one of his servants for him to handle and trace, giving him a few moments of quietness. He pondered the few possibilities that might've happened. What had happened to that immortal fool, who was meant to last a billion years? Hmmm...

She's not stupid enough to go near a supermassive black hole, and she's not exactly a cyborg-whatever anymore due to her new powers, so that virus thing from the Oblivion Saga wouldn't work. That left only other superpowers. He instantly ruled out Victoria and the rest of her allies, all of them admire her too much for that. He doubted Isamy nor the Tao King would've ever bothered, or even if they were capable of it. Alpha and DATEA as a whole had lost interest in the multiverse for now, so he doubted it was them. It definitely couldn't be Pandora-Parardox having suddenly returned at full power - for she was right here, and merrily living her life. The gods all admired her, he was certain none of them would bother to try and destroy her. That left painfully few possibilities remaining. What exactly could've happened-

"Sir, I'm done."

[color=gray]"That's fast."[/color]

"Er..we've been working on it for two days now."

[color=gray]"Oh. In that case, just hand me the coordinates."[/color] Protheus commanded, realizing that if he didn't take it now, he might have to wait another two days or so until he could next gain the coordinates. Once he was given the numbers, he memorized them and went to look for Pandora.

Alexander blushed as Archetype Earth adressed him. "H-Huh? O-Oh, y-yes ma'am..."

Alexander walked cautiously over to the red-haired girl and squatted down beside her. "H-Hey there. A-Are you okay?" he asked. He was a bit worried about the girl. He didn't know why someone so young and innocent would get involved in something like this..."S-So, umm...W-What's your name? I-I'm Alexander." He smiled nervously and extended a shaking hand.

[i]I-Is...Is this what it means to...Make friends...?[/i] Alexander thought, puzzled. He had never known companionship or friendship before, so he was already really nervous about upsetting this little girl. [i]I-If...If she doesn't like me...If she gets scared of me...I don't know what I'd do...It would be like that time all over again...[/i]

Palir stood watching the scene before him, thinking about what the girl had said before she broke down into tears and began sobbing over the statue. [i][color=#006400]Demonic aura...unholy magic...? The cult there have been rumors about was probably responsible, like I guessed.[/color][/i] Palir turned and walked back to the sidewalk, unsure of what now to do. From that girl's actions, that statue probably had been a person before, and therefore, rather than the statue causing the flash, the flash had caused the statue. [i][color=#006400]There's nothing I can do right now. Tomorrow I'll track down some of these cultists and find out what's going on here and what that comet is.[/color][/i] He looked back at the traffic circle one more time - very little had changed. Briskly, he stared his walk home.

Kurai had been walking for some time when he finally reached the Duel Arcadia Tower. After looking around lost for a while he picked up a new signal and traced it to a garaged he had pasted a couple of times but hadn't noticed it before as he approached it he hoped that he would be able to find something about why Itsu seemed to have vanish. [color="#0000ff"]"Hello is anyone in here I'm looking for information on Itsu Solace my dad gave me a letter for her."[/color]

​Albtrum was disappointing that the girl hadn't wanted to play, she was more interesting then other people something about her seemed different from other people and that made him very interested in her.
[i]SIGH ARCHE SAID I NEEDED PERMISSION TO PLAY WITH YOU SO I GUESS I CAN"T BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS GET KIND OF BORING.[/i]

Yggdrasil sat on a small hill in the middle of a park within the city of Detroit and looked at the green pillar of light reaching for the comet so far away, yet too close for her comfort. She felt how a familiar life force, one that was not from Yggdrasil's realm but from another, fade away and disappear into the stars. [i]Is all really lost?[/i] she thought to herself. She looked around at the people walking in the park. There was not many but a few late time strollers like young couples, hobos and someone who just took a late walk with the dog. A tear fell down Yggdrasil's cheek when she thought about all the lives that would be lost before this was all over.

---

At the same time, on a rooftop closer to the scene, was Mia, a creature not born of this Earth, but one that has been long gone. She was looking at the lifeless body of Itsu Fudo, another interdimensional traveler who had been present in more than one of Mia's attempts to create a new Mu. However, Itsu's apparent "death" concerned Mia, as Itsu was one of the few creatures in the multiverse that Mia actually respected and, even if Mia didn't want to admit it, feared to some degree. Nevertheless, Mia was smiling.

"She's gone?" She chuckled a bit. "Looks like my 'rivals' are taking care of themselves... But since that Earth-dragon thing was able to beat Itsu, she's probably going to be a hard fellow to crush. But I can do it..." She giggled childishly before getting up and walking away.

---

Somewhere in a small house at the side of a mountain in central Russia there was a man looking out of a window. He looked at the sky and noticed a stream of green light, although very faint in the daylight and due to the fact that it originated from a place far away. As the stream connected to the green body known as Faust Viktor felt an urge to look at his working table behind him. He saw the spell card, The Seal of Orichalcos, glowing faintly in the same kind of green light, and his interest grew. He had studied the card, but had not yet gotten a chance to use it. [i]I have better things to trouble my genius with.[/i] He looked at a human-like body laying on another table not far from the first, although one could see that the body was mechanical. [i]Back to work...[/i]

Kori walked out of the alleyway, relieved to the face that the person didn't challenge him to a duel. It was a good thing, for him actually. He has spent the entire time avoiding most duels since the start of the mission and it was getting really frustrating. Sure, he dueled from time to time, but it wasn't for the cult, just for fun. Then again, everything he was doing had nothing to do with the cult whatsoever. He aimlessly walked down the busy street as his phone started to beep. He was getting a call. A call he really didn't want. He answered the phone and a rather raspy, yet informative voice came on the line.

"The master is awaiting your presence." the voice wheezed.

He closed the phone and gave a low sigh. "Great. Now I have to deal with Arche."

He walked through the many alleyways to the local subway station. As he walked in the already arrived train, he noticed it was rather empty, having onl another man who's already asleep on it. It gave him a sense of reassurance, though it sounds weird to him, but it showed him that human life can be pure, rather than what his 'Leader' has been shoving down everyone's throats. He looked out the window, noticing a bright green light in the sky. Was this what the 'leader' was going to discuss about? Knowing his luck, it could be something of a coincidence. The train stopped at the end of its line, as Kori walked off it and followed the alley way into the cult headquarters. He walked into the main room and noticed the 'Leader' Arche, Lucas, Albtrum, along with two other people he hasn't seen. He sighed as he walked further in.

"What is it this time?" Kori said rudely towards Arche.

Aaron swiveled his chair towards the window as a faint green glow enveloped the room. Looking out of his window, he glared past the view of the Renaissance center and the Detroit River, to Belle Island. Behind the titan of a skyscraper that was the Duel Arcadia headquarters, the pillar of emerald light illuminated the city as it shot up towards Faust. For a brief moment, the city of Detroit glittered like it was the Emerald Palace from The Wizard of Oz. At first, Aaron dismissed it at first to just be a fancy light show for the Columbus Day Tournament, and so turned to his desk. Aaron's heart skimped a beat as a stroke of thunder followed with the light's dismissal. Turning back with a face sculpted between an expression of fear and curiosity, he looked upwards, towards the sky. There where no storm clouds; only the stars and one particular emerald-coloured comet.

[color=#daa520][i]"What the heck...?"[/i][/color] Aaron pondered.

He got up from his chair and lent his bare arms on the window sill. His mind faded away again, to think on what he should do. It was only a few seconds before the decision popped into his head. Aaron headed to the desk and picked up his duel disk and the deck opposite to it. He slotted the deck in before reaching for his black hoodie, which hung on a small hook on the back of his bedroom door. It snugly fitted Aaron as the zip was pulled up to the top, with the arms not too bulky to restrict his duel disk to be attacked to his left arm. With a quick sweep of the room for his house keys, which where on his bedside table, he walked passed his empty parents bedroom and a bathroom before swiftly walking down the stairs. Sliding on some branded sneakers onto his feet, Aaron opened the front door to the Riverside Development walkway, locked the door behind him and began his walk to Belle Island.

[color=#800000]"Natsu?"[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]"Yep. That's what I named you while you were asleep."[/color]
[color=#800000]"You named me after summer?"[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]"Well, I figured it was fitting. Grandma Aki is named after autumn, and what you used to be, Yuki and Izumi, allude to winter and spring, respectively. I figured it was fitting."[/color]
[color=#800000]"Who are Yuki and Izumi again?"[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]"The original you, Itsu, was made from two cyborgs, Yuki and Izumi. You share their powers and abilities, due to your power as a MAGI."[/color]
[color=#800000]"A what?"[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]"I don't remember the acronym, but it means that you're a nanobot-enhanced cyborg. I'm one too."[/color]
[color=#800000]"So you can see this...overlay...thing?"[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]"Yep. It's actually very helpful for keeping your information organized, and for dueling."[/color]
Pandora was sitting with the clone, now dried off, as her father entered the room. [color=#a9a9a9]"Hi, Daddy! Could you show Natsu here how to duel by dueling me? Her MAGI overlay has the basic instructions, but she needs to get the basic idea again."[/color]

As Kurai went inside the garage, massive steel doors slammed shut, sealing the room off from the rest of the world. Similar security doors and shutters started to coat the glass and metal tower. Inside, Caledfwlch had sent another robotic drone to initiate Phase 2 of Contingency Yankee-Romeo-Papa-One-Six-Niner: the total lockdown of the tower. The female robotic jester from before watched as the empty corporate headquarters closed itself off from the outside world, and activated a hidden button. A slight ripple surrounded the tower as an invisible force field shrouded the structure in its protective energies. Caledfwlch turned its front to see Kurai, and stared at the human with its headlights.

Atsuko blushed and squirmed a bit as the grey-haired young man stammered. She tucked her legs up into the chair, as if to create a wall between her and the others. She was still very apprehensive about the strange people here, but maybe this young man would be nice to her. [color=#ff0000]"I'm Atsuko. Atsuko Fudo."[/color] She replied flatly, trying not to show any emotion.

[color=#ff0000]"Well, hello, everyone~!"[/color] chimed Carla Bellerose in a sing-song tone as she entered the room where the other Cultists had gathered. Despite the somewhat chilly evening air outside, the young woman was dressed in little more than a red blouse tied up in a way as to accentuate her chest and to expose the tattoo around her navel, a pareo worn over a pair of black stockings and a garter-belt, and a pair of short, white high-heeled boots. [color=#ff0000]"And how is everyone this evening?"[/color] She looked around the room at the other misfits who had gathered this evening; in addition to the usual handful of disposable weirdos, she spied a few young adults, some teenagers who looked like they had just started high school, a man in a sharp-looking suit, among others, and of course the head lizard-lady herself....

[color=#ff0000]"My, we have ourselves quite a gathering, I see,"[/color] she said, her index finger lightly stroking her lower lip as she said this. [color=#ff0000]"And the comet is really showing off tonight, too. It was quite amusing seeing the normal folk staring at it like deer in the headlights. I'll admit,"[/color] she added, [color=#ff0000]"I did a little staring, too, especially at this one guy standing by some masked wrestler-looking dude outside this diner; he had these really gorgeous blue eyes, and such a physique, too...."[/color] She took a moment to give a slight humming sigh. [color=#ff0000]"... it's too bad I'm not available,"[/color] she concluded with a slight smirk, before turned to Arche and asked, genuinely curiously, [color=#ff0000]"So, what's the grand occasion, sweetie? I mean, aside from the giant fluorescent space rock hovering above."[/color]

Archived