Return of the Orichalcos (Finishing/PG-13/IC)

"You call him Faust, I believe?" Yggdrasil asked, already knowing the answer. "I am not certain about his origin or birthplace, but he passes Terra once every cycle. He sucks the life force from all living bodies, weakening them. Terra cries at his arrival, which is why I am here." She turned to Maire again. "I am life, my child, but the time is not here yet. It is close, but not here." Another breeze blew Yggdrasil's hair into her face. She gently removed the hair from her face, looked into Maire's eyes and smiled, but it wasn't a happy smile. "You are the first human I have spoken of this with. Tell me, what is your name, and what do you call the creature that share your body?"

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kurai began the application, it was weird because a lot of the information it asked for didn't really work with him like his address he didn't actually have an address in this world so he had to write a little essay about where he lived then he remembered something from his farther. [color=#800080]"If one of the people who comes to help is Protheus could you please have him contact me I also have something for him if I ever come across him." [/color]With that said Kurai returned to filling out the application.

Albtrum was watching as the Alexander and Atsuko began heading to the boys dorm, depending on how things turned out he might stop them or he might even help them the Atsuko girl as almost as interesting as Archetype Earth and she might even become more interesting.

Ringmistress nodded. [color=#FF1493]"Certainly. He is on the list, but there is a low probability of him showing up. Usually the ones who responded to this emergency in simulations were Victoria Atlas, Desna Adats, or another member of Neighborhood Watch. How are you doing on the application, anyways?"[/color]

Atsuko asked Alexander as they walked, occasionally looking over her shoulder for anyone that might be following them. [color=#FF0000]"So...who are you, and why are you with those Orichalcos creeps? I mean, you don't seem like the kind of guy who would want to help take over the world."[/color]

As Itsu's solidified mythril body was carried by Yuri, her deck, which was certainly not turned into metal, but simply locked in place by her Duel Disk, started to emit a red glow. A silver beam shot out of the stack of cards and materialized in front of the two women as a silverish-white dragon with blue armor plating. The creature floated in front of them, its body covered in scars and healed-over wounds. His wings were tattered and torn, making his ability to float clearly quite magical. His armor was cracked and damaged from countless fights. And to distinguish him from others of his kin, one of his yellow eyes was sealed shut by a nasty trio of scars.
[color=#00ffff][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]"Mortals..."[/b][/font][/color] Stardust Dragon growled to the duo. [color=#00ffff][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]"We seek your aid..."[/b][/font][/color]

[color="#800080"]"Well pretty good my dad taught be to be thorough and this application wasn't exactly designed for an extra dimensional person so its taking a little while and its not like me being here is causing any real problems, or is it?" [/color]With that said Kurai returned to the application and stopped at the part that mentioned references and thought to himself for a second thinking how in the world would he do this part and just decided to put in some people he had met in his travels deciding that they probably wouldn't check for this not real job.

Albtrum hummed to himself as he watched Atsuko open up to Alexander and tried to get information out of him.

[color=#000000][b]Yuri Kanzen[/b][/color]

[color=#4B0082]"Not in the slightest,"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri answered honestly, [/color][color=#4B0082]"I was just looking at all these steel structures and..."[/color]

[color=#000000]She was intervened when the spirit of a war-torn Stardust Dragon had materialized from out of nowhere, and stated that it sought her and Idris' help. Yuri had gasped in confusion as the spirit had began to materialize in front of the two of them, but that was about as much reaction as would've been acquired from her... well, at least initially. Yuri looked back at the metallized Itsu as the Stardust Dragon finished its statement, and then back at the dragon... and then back to Itsu again.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"Itsu..."[/color][color=#000000] Yuri turned back to the Stardust Dragon after saying this, [/color][color=#4B0082]"Can you bring her soul back if we aid you?"[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Maire Gaboon[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]Maire had suddenly [i]froze[/i] when the being asked for the name of the spirit that was housed in her body, and fell silent. She didn't want to say anything. But she started to grow a dreadful fear that she might not even [i]need[/i] to; if this being was capable of what Maire [i]thought[/i] she was, she could shed light onto even some of Maire's deepest and darkest secrets.[/color]

[color=#EE82EE][i]'What the [b]hell[/b] have I gotten myself into?'[/i] [/color][color=#000000]Maire thought to herself.[/color]

Ringmistress sees that Kurai is finished, and collects the application, quickly glancing over it. [color=#FF1493]"Normally, I would submit this for Itsu to personally review, then collect your number and schedule for an interview, but time is of the essence, and we need to cut through all of this red tape."[/color] She then uses a sort of sleight-of-hand, like a circus magician, to make the application disappear. [color=#FF1493]"Congratulations, you are now an employee of Duel Arcadia, LLC. Please step into the elevator. We have no time to lose!"[/color] As if on cue, the elevator door opens up.

Stardust sadly shook his head, looking at Itsu's inert form longingly with his remaining eye. [b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#00FFFF]"I alone do not have the power to bring back the spirit of my Mistress. Even with the combined strength of my siblings, we could not revive her. Dark forces, more powerful than we have ever faced, are at work, and they utilize my Mistress' fire to further their own agenda. If they are not stopped, this world is doomed to rot and decay, along with its counterpart. Even now, the barrier between the Human and Spirit Realms weakens, allowing me to take this form outside of a duel."[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#00FFFF]"But there might be a way to seek help."[/color][/font][/b] He then turns towards a particular skyscraper, a conical structure made of glass with red ribbons of steel encircling its frame. [b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#00FFFF]"My Mistress keeps many secrets within her tower. There is a chance, due to your connection to her, that we may gain access to those secrets."[/color][/font][/b]

Lance was walking down a sidewalk in the park, once again tapping away at his MYST game. Out of the corner of the eyes, he noticed two people walking in his direction. One seemed out of breath, and they both looked as though they were deep in conversation, especially as they didn't appear to notice Lance. He only heard a few scraps of their conversation from the distance, but it was enough to make him look up from his puzzles. He had discerned phrases and words like "Orichalcos" and "Take over the world".
"[i]Take over the world? That certainly isn't what I would call 'average'. I should probably see what's up with that...[/i]" Lance sighed. "[i]Tsk... How annoying. May as well get it done, it's not like I can just leave something like that.[/i]" he thought as he approached the pair.

Protheus ignored the clone. and turned to his daughter as if it had been her who had asked the question and not it.

[color=gray]"Well, the logical action would be to head straight to the location of Solace's demise. However, we may need to visit her virtual *cough*[size=1]wife[/size]*cough* first. I've never had any concern for such emergencies before, but since you're here,"[/color] referring to Pandora, [color=gray]"I suppose it would be beneficial to your training. Now, step inside the vortex. I've never really had much of a clue on how to respond to such emergencies myself, so the first thing we'll do is head to the Duel Arcadia Tower."[/color]

-----------------------------

Archetype Earth suppressed a chuckle to herself. Atsuko had run away along with Alexander, or so she believed, but it was actually merely something that the ancient Atlantean had allowed. In fact, it was easier to keep an eye on her this way. She knew Alexander would continue obeying the cult anyway, the Seal of Orichalcos would force him even if he refused, so to her this was a win-win situation. She didn't need to manipulate the girl. Her presence alone caused doubt within the cult, so perhaps it would prove a lot better if she was absent.

Albtrum was keeping an eye on them. Archetype Earth had left orders for him, orders to prevent Atsuko from leaving Detroit, and from joining enemy forces, if she ever attempted it. But other than that, she was to be left alone. Still, the woman would soon need Atsuko's soul for her grand design, a design that required the body and soul of a being who hadn't originated from the World, from Terra. But until then, let her hide. She cannot run anyway.

Archetype Earth rose from her throne. She was aware of all who used the Seal of Orichalcos, but she had recently noticed that there was one who was...separate from them. A man. A scientist? She couldn't tell, but his Seal had not originated from her. In which case, she would need to pay a visit to this man, located deep within the mountains. His name...was it Viktor? It wasn't exactly an easy task observing the unknown through the power of the Orichalcos, but she could tell this man was intelligent. She may need such a man.

Without a word, without a warning, merely a coded note left where Albtrum would notice it, she faded away into the darkness. She will pay a visit to this man.

Idris gave a silent nod at Yuri's reply, about to turn about and carry on the way they where going until she spotted a red glow coming from the metal body Yuri was carrying causing her to turn about completely in surprise. Barely a moment later a huge and glorious dragon had emerged from the glow bearing the signs of heavy battle and wear but still creating a powerful presence by it's mere appearance. Idris found herself speechless at the form of the dragon, she had long known of the spirit world and its inhabitence but actually seeing one was more than she'd ever expected. The dragon spoke, although its mouth never moved, its voice emenating from around it. She followed the dragon's gaze to the tower it indicated then back to the dragon and finally down at Yuri, her face still frozen between a look of surprise and confusion.

[b]"You're seeing this too, right?"[/b] She asked, forgetting the Yuri had adressed the dragon directly [b]"Err..."[/b] She looked back at the dragon, chewing her lip slightly [b]"I've never met this Itsu person in my life, what kind've good am I gonna do?"[/b] She had every desire to turn about and leave this whole thing behind her but the dragon's presence seemed to glue her in place.

Syria frowned slightly at the question, her understanding of it somewhat limited. She poured through the information she'd collected since she landed here, recalling that she'd observed humans heading within certain buildings as the sky grew darker leaving the streets almost empty. She had no place of her own to stay aside from her own capsule lying in a crater a few miles outside the city, however it was heavily damaged and unfit to be used as shelter, let-alone space travel, instead she'd merely spent the past few days simply wandering about the city at night without sleep, observing whatever small events she came across.

[b]"I do not,"[/b] she said flatly.

Yggdrasil had a puzzled look on her face as she saw how terrified Maire became when she rose the question about the teenager's name, and that of the other creature.

"Do you not trust me?" She asked. She had forgotten that some humans were slow to trust eachother, a trait that could come in handy. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." The smile was back on her face.

---

Viktor sat at his desk, looking at the things on it. Besides a few blueprints, some scrap metal and what appeared to be a miniature, robotic knight, there was a deck of cards with another card laying beside it, namely the Seal of Orichalcos. When the Seal had glown earlier this day Viktor had payed no interest to it as he had had better things to do, but since then the card had started to capture his interest. He picked it up and looked at it. He couldn't read the text as it was written in some old, forgotten language.

[b][color=#000000]Maire Gaboon[/color][/b]

[color=#ee82ee]"I..."[/color][color=#000000] Maire froze again before she could say much of anything. Suddenly, her eyelids started to feel heavy, but they stayed about half way, and she started to find her voice again. Well... at least [i]a[/i] [/color][color=#000000]voice.[/color]

[color=#800080]"It's not so much she doesn't [i]trust[/i] you than she is cowardly,"[/color][color=#000000] a new, [i]demonic[/i] sounding voice was emanating from Maire's body, seeming to indicate that the spirit had taken control of it for the time being, [/color][color=#800080]"You [i]must[/i] forgive her for that. However, before I introduce myself, or this girl whose body I share for that matter, there's something we need to know."[/color]

[color="#000000"]Yami Maire paused briefly, almost as if she needed time to think of what to say, before speaking.[/color]

[color=#800080]"We need to know how [i]you[/i] knew there were two entities in this body,"[/color] [color=#000000]she mentioned.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Yuri Kanzen[/b][/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Tower?"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri asked the Stardust Dragon, before looking at all the other tall buildings around her, [/color][color=#4b0082]"So [i]that's[/i] what you call these steel structures that seems to sour these lands... I never [i]knew[/i] [/color][color=#4B0082]that..."[/color]

[color=#000000]But then she remembered what he said about the barrier between the human world and the spirit world weakening, and that this world was doomed to rot and decay if the forces responsible weren't brought to a grinding halt.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"So you're saying that this unholy magic is at work even as we speak?!"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri asked fearfully[/color][color="#4b0082"].[/color]

Stardust Dragon looked at the two, first at Idris.[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif] [b][color=#00FFFF]"From what I have sensed, you have knowledge of this evil that threatens the world. The record of their previous attempt will be an invaluable tool if we are to succeed, for both I and my Mistress know, history has a tendency to repeat itself."[/color][/b][/font] He then looked down on Yuri. [b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#00FFFF]"And yes, there is a great unholy force. However, the means of you returning home may be in the tower, so you can choose to stay and fight, or flee to your home, where it is safe." [/color][/font][/b]Stardust Dragon lifted his body into the air with his wings. [b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][color=#00FFFF]"Follow me." [/color][/font][/b]The silver dragon raced down the street towards a bridge that crossed part of the Detroit River to the island the tower stood upon, and over the theme park located outside of the tower before soaring around the tower, waiting for the humans to arrive and watching over their journey to make sure they were not injured.

Natsu and Pandora casually stepped into the vortex, and were sent across space and time, back along the path of the signal to arrive in a living room with white walls that were occasionally decorated with what could only be called "souvenirs", if various artifacts from across space and time counted as such. Natsu looked down to see wood paneling below her, quite a change from the stone of Protheus' lab. Behind her was a carpeted area with a red couch on one side of the area and a flatscreen TV on the other. Beyond the television was a glass panel with a nighttime view of a city skyline, showing that they were rather high. To Natsu's left was a dining room with a wooden table, a fireplace, and another window with a view of the island below, and further in that direction was a kitchen with a white-tiled floor and silver counters. To Natsu's right was a hallway with a similar curvature and glass wall, but on the other side were red doors. Finally, in front of her was a shorter hallway, also with red doors, leading directly to a set of elevator doors.
Coincidentally, a DING! rang from the indicator above the elevator, and the doors parted to reveal a young man with multicolored hair, heterochromatic eyes, and black, yellow, and white clothing. He actually looked faintly like the late Itsu Fudo...

When the elevator first opened for him Kurai walked into it and looked over the the Ringmistress, [color=#800080]"Remeber please contact me if anyone comes for the signal I also have some items to drop of with some of Itsu's other friends." [/color]With that said the elevator began to move but Kurai noticed that it passed the floor he was expecting to get off at and kept going until he reached a floor near the top, once here the doors opened and he walked through he soon noticed that there was a pair of women in the room he was heading towards. "[color=#800080]Hey I'm Kurai Kagami, you wouldn't happen to be here because of Itsu Solace's distress call would you?" [/color]Kurai noticed that the women seemed familiar but could put his finger on why?

Albtrum noticed that Archetype Earth had left her throne it was weird he wasn't around but he always knew when she was active and it the moment she seemed to be doing something almost as interesting as he was doing but he decided to stick to his current stalking.

[color=gray]"Kurai...Kagami...?"[/color] A silver-haired man asked himself. He was behind the daughter and clone, so the person didn't notice him. He looked faintly like Itsu, but there was something that bothered him heavily. Something, something, something. Something nagging at the back of his mind... He moved past his accomplices and to the guy in white clothing, his face unchanged. Kurai might have recognized him as Protheus Maximus, or he might've been an unrecognizable figure.

All of a sudden, Protheus unsheathed a weapon from his back, a jaded katana capable of touching the surface of time. Before anybody could stop him, a small cut had appeared at Kurai's neck before the sword even hit, and afterwards it stopped short where the cut had appeared. The sword had the ability to cut down its opponents before it even reached, but it was rarely ever in use due to the prominence of card games. The immortal man gritted his teeth and pulled back his sword instead of slicing the boy's neck. His look had now turned into one of heavy annoyance, which at its core was pure hatred.

Protheus Maximus wasn't exactly conscious when he had swung the sword. It was merely something that drove him, something a couple thousand years ago. There was a man called Yami, and there was a Prothean-possessed guy self-named Meus. Yami's identity was easily clear, and thus there had been a duel. During its conclusion, the man named Yami had achieved victory, but the hate-filled soul had cursed to hunt him down for all eternity, to strike him every time they meet, to the end of eternity, for the one goal of taking the life of the one known as Yami-...and despite all the years, the curse remains active. Egyptian curses can last a long, long time. This person called Kurai had a connection to Yami, the tingling curse that forced him to attack was proof of that.

[color=gray]"You shouldn't exist."[/color] He stated as matter-of-fact, ancient eyes staring straight into Kurai's mind. [color=gray]"Your....father...grandfather...ancestor...whatever, he should know that I will destroy him. Here, see this memory."[/color] Then he touched his forehead and a small incorporeal orb of energy came out. It was a crystallized memory, and then he let it spread out for Kurai and his audience to see.

[spoiler=The memory~]
[quote name='Yu-Gi-Oh!: Problems of Space and Time - Trimage/Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1278056122' post='4313074']
""I KNOW as hell does that you are not who your original once was. It's just simply the fact that the very thought of extinguishing you, you who has the same blood as that madman.....it will bring great delight. Because of your original, five THOUSAND years of planning, thought, and acting out became worthless. Because of your original, I had lost the very reason for EXISTING in the first place. I wouldn't even care if you would have been the savior of the universe, I would still destroy you. Because of who your original was, I shall destroy you, and then I can ease my one thousand years of anger.
Appear, Dark Magician of Chaos!"
And a Magician appeared, a teenager, clad in the clothes of Black Chaos Mage. "Due to it's effect, I can add one spell card to my hand, and there's only one spell card in my graveyard, then I add the card I just used, Force Attack, to my hand. Now then, due to the effect of my Field Spell, I have to attack you. Dark Magician of Chaos, ATTACK!!!!!!! Black Chaos Magic!"

[color=red]"When your monster comes at mine I activate my face down shadow spell, Because of my Shadow Spell your monster not only can't attack but you lose your monster loses seven hundred attack and it can't change its battle position."[/color] Paradox had a confident look on his face as if no matter what his opponent did he would end up on top, this is odd seeing how almost all of his strategies had been blocked so far.

"Huh." Meus had to pause for a while. "I just lost." And the card Soul Destruction, everyone had apparently forgotten, put Meus on fire. He knew the card was there, but his Field Spell had prevented him from not attacking, so there was absolutely no hope.
"I'll get you some other time. I'll hunt you down to the edge of the last multiverse to destroy you. Suffer my curse, Paradox. I shall soon be the death of you. Suffer my everlasting curse! [b][i]Akh trakefaeht Osiris ceurta grahtoh![/b][/i]"
And then he disappeared in a mist. He was gone.
And his curse binded their fates.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

He assumed a sword stance similar yet completely different to that of a samurai, his demeanor changed from his calm composure that Pandora had grown used to. [color=gray]"I don't know your connection to him, but-"[/color] he paused. [color=gray]"Do you have something for me?"[/color] He asked, raising his eyebrow, and let his stance drop. The sword, however, was still in his hand.

------------------------------

It was effortless for Archetype Earth to make her path all the way to Russia, through the mountains. She was the most powerful being on the planet, this was a fact acknowledged and confirmed even by the world itself. Being the champion of the world, she had a limited ability over terrain and earth, but this ability was usually hindered by the fact that she had a connection to Faust as well. In a way, she was a fusion of light of darkness. She was both the champion of the world and the harbinger of the comet. Either way, thanks to this ability, it allowed her to discern what sort of mountains this man was in, and Viktor's based position.

Once found, she dropped down from the sky. It was a wonder she hadn't appeared on any radars, but for whatever reason she had remained fully undetected from Detroit to Russia.

She fell. Within the next minute, a new member would be within her grasp. And below, Viktor's 'The Seal of Orichalcos' began to glow intensely, more so than it had ever done in the past.

Kurai was surprised when a man came from behind the two women and then cut him with some kind of super sword then did a bunch of complicated things including a memory of Kurai's farther apparently defeating some form of the man in a duel. Kurai took out his I-Phone like devise and began touching the screen then a deck box came out of it with the word SEAL written on it in almost every language known to the multiverse. [color=#4b0082]"The man from that video memory thing is my farther and yes I do have something for you, should I ever come across you I'm supposed to give you this deck for your daughter apparently something happened between them and my dad broke something of her's and took a while to put it back together kinda he apparently made some changes, oh and the reason the deck is sealed isn't because its dangers the deck is like 100% spirits and they are all super annoying and this was the only way to make them be quiet." [/color]Kurai was nervous he had met a lot of people in his travels but Protheus was by far the most dangerous being he had ever met.

It was only natural that Kurai was nervous. There were quadrillions of people in total in the multiverse, but there was one certain fact about it. Every now and then a third power would arise and be a match, however, Itsu Fudo and Protheus Maximus are established to be the most powerful. Ever. Twin forces equivalent to 'rebel' and 'terrorist'. Sometimes there are anomalies such as the insane Pandora and the hyper-powered Alpha, sometimes there's some superpower appearing from a different multiverse, but Itsu and Protheus are at the pinnacle. They're forces that go against each other, yet at the same time friends that accept each others' existence, despite the fact that they rival each other in simply too many aspects.

Then he paused when Kurai took the deck out. Before Pandora could realize what it was, he swiped it out of his hands and tossed it into a pocket dimension. Multiple shrieks could be heard for a split second as they realized what happened, but hopefully she hadn't noticed them. [color=gray]"That was close."[/color] He muttered, sending an anxious glance to her. He closed his eyes and sent a telepathic message to Kurai. [color=gray][i]Don't show Pandora that deck. Don't even mention its existence. Well...a lot happened. Keep it between you and me.[/i][/color]

Pandora wasn't watching Protheus and Kurai talking. Instead, she was taking in the view of the city at midnight, all of the glittering lights of the city. She gasped and marveled at all of the huge towers rising up from the streets, the serenity of the Detroit River as it flowed past Duel Arcadia Island, and the distance she could see, stretching across the boroughs and suburbs of metropolitan Detroit. However, as soon as Kurai unleashed that deck, she shivered and froze, her pupils dilating as the vestiges of memories best left forgotten briefly surfaced in her mind.
Natsu, who had started walking around to examine the place her other had lived in, noticed Pandora's condition and rushed over. "Pandora? Pandora, are you alright?" She placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, and Pandora immediately clung to Natsu tightly, startling the duplicate. Pandora buried her head into Natsu's chest, whispering "Mommy...I'm sorry...I just...I didn't know what to do...I'm a bad girl..." Natsu suddenly sensed what she should do, and slowly placed a hand on the back of Pandora's head. Her gloved fingers made their way into the young woman's silver hair and traveled down through the strands, Natsu repeating the motion to stroke her traveling companion's head. Her lips moved from their solemn, emotionless expression upwards, just enough to make a very slight smile. She had no idea why she was doing this, or what was guiding her to do this action, only that it simply seemed...right...

Kurai was surprised by Protheus knocking the deck out of his hand and and then using telepathy to tell him not to bring it up again which seemed to make sense because one of the girls in the room seemed to enter a catatonic state. Kurai didn't really get what was going on but he guessed that that girl was probably Pandora and she wasn't quite ready to get that deck yet and so he tried to figure out if there was something he could do to help, as he looked at her and tried to figure out what to do he felt like there was something he needed to remember but couldn't quite do it which puzzled him. [color=#4b0082]"Um, sorry I didn't mean to cause problems um Protheus is there anything I can do to help?" [/color]Kurai hoped that him and Protheus could help the woman that he suspected of being Pandora out of her current state.

[color=#4B0082]"I [i]shall[/i] return to my home land..."[/color][color=#000000] Yuri growled, now holding Itsu over her shoulder with one hand and grabbing Idris' arm with the other, [/color][color=#4B0082]"[i]After[/i] this unholy magic has been relinquished. Come on, let's go!"[/color]

[color=#000000]With that, Yuri had bolted after Stardust Dragon, dragging Idris along with her, until the two of them finally got to the Duel Arcadia Island. However, they were already beaten to the tower by a scientist (Protheus), a young woman (Pandora), what appeared to be a clone of Itsu (Natsu) and someone else who looked oddly similar (Kurai). Still, Yuri seemed to have more stamina than anyone could realize, as she didn't need to draw in any more breath despite the long run. She had let go of Idris and dropped Itsu, only to get a closer look at the being that appeared to be the clone.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Itsu... Is that... [i]you[/i]?"[/color][color=#000000] Yuri asked, unaware she was talking to the clone, but still shedding tears nonetheless.[/color]

Gabriel became deeply concerned when the girl said that she had no place to stay. "That's terrible," he muttered, exchanging a brief glance with Russell. "We've got to figure out something. We can't just let her roam around alone...."

[color=#000080]"I know how you feel,"[/color] Russell replied. [color=#000080] "Problem is, I can't figure out how we can help...."[/color]

[color=#b22222]"Unless...,"[/color] Gabriel began, his right hand stroking at his goatee, the proverbial gears in his head grinding. [color=#b22222]"... maybe I can have her take my room for the night."[/color]

At this, Russell raised his scarred eyebrow. [color=#000080]"Really? You sure that's a good idea?"[/color]

[color=#b22222]"As a matter of fact, no,"[/color] Gabriel bluntly stated. [color=#b22222]"And that's mainly do to the increasing lack of sleep. Still, what other options do we have?"[/color]

[color=#000080]"Even so, where are you going to sleep?"[/color]

[color=#b22222]"Your room?"[/color]

[color=#FF1493]"Actually, I was wondering that myself."[/color] A voice piped up next to Yuri. Somehow, a blonde-haired woman in a stereotypical ringmaster's outfit had appeared next to the woman. [color=#FF1493]"Ringmistress, at your service. Since you are a registered employee, I am authorized by my protocols to let you in. That's why I opened the garage for you and let you into the elevator."[/color] She then walked over to Natsu, who had let go from Pandora. [color=#FF1493]"So, how can I be sure you're not some sort of impostor? Protheus is on the list of potential responders, but using a fake Itsu to enact a hostile takeover of Duel Arcadia, LLC would be the corporate equivalent of kicking someone while they are down."[/color] She then turned to Protheus, eyeing him suspiciously. [color=#FF1493]"Are you trustworthy, Mistres Maximus? Or am I going to have to go HAL 9000 on you?"[/color] She quickly corrected herself with a blush. [color=#FF1493]"The analytical part and the 'afraid I can't allow you to do that' part, not the going insane part and the singing as I'm pulled apart part."[/color]

Pandora felt a lot better as she parted from Natsu's embrace, but turned her attention to the other man in the room and exclaimed [color=#a9a9a9]"YAMI?!?"[/color] as she ran to the young man.

Atsuko turned around to see someone who had jet-black hair and a black jacket. She didn't recognize him from the meeting, but that didn't mean he wasn't a threat. [color=#FF0000]"Who are you, and what do you want?"[/color]

[color=gray]"Trustworthy?"[/color] Protheus smirked at the question of this Ringmistress, this virtual creation of Itsu. [color=gray]"No."[/color] He stated as matter-of-fact. It would be a lie if he said yes. This was Protheus Vermillion Maximus, after all. Destroyer of worlds, harbinger of destruction, embodiment of entropy, consumer of nothing, herald of the shadows, ancient almighty superpowered intelligent whatever immortal of something. His very existence was untrustworthy. Yet this man was apparently Itsu's friend.

After that, he sighed.

[color=gray]"Regardless, just tell us everything. I'm a sorcerer, not a scientist - this means that I have little patience for technology,"[/color] even though he was the man with the largest laboratory in existence.

Idris found herself flinching slightly as the dragon turned to look at her in response to her comment, feeling a sudden chill run up her spine.

[i]The hell is wrong?[/i] She thought [i]I've known about spirits for years, why is this thing freaking me out so much?[/i]

When the dragon spoke Idris almost felt like screaming in frustration, it wasn't as if she had this 'knowledge' because she wanted it and the rest of her family would be far more eager to assist than she would. At least they would if her grandfather weren't too old and the rest of her family was god knows where doing god knows what. Before she had time to make any objections Yuri had seized her by the arm and ran off in pursuit of the dragon as it led them towards the tower.

[i]F*ck my inheritance,[/i] was all that went through Idris' head as they ran.

Idris barely paid attention to where they were going as she struggled to keep up with Yuri, she was a lot taller than Idris after all, and was quite out of breath by the time they finally came to a stop, leaning on her knees in an attempt to recover. She finally recovered to observe the rest of the people in the room, seeing at least five others.

[i]It appears we've discovered the insane clown posse,[/i] she thought.

Her gaze was almost immediately drawn to the woman in ringmaster garb who spoke up after Yuri, directing her attention to one of the other people in the room. Idris was starting to feel somewhat ignored.

Syria looked between the two humans as they began conversing with each other, concern evident in their voice but serving only to confuse Syria. She turned away from their conversation as her sensors began to pick up another spike of energy, this one different from the last. She stared out of the window and spotted a glowing white form in the distance floating in the air before flying off into the distance towards another tower, two humans following behind it. She tilted her head curiously, staring up at the building they where heading to before walked to the door and stepping out of the hotel lobby and back into the street.

She had lost interest in the two humans now and was more keen on following this new curiosity. A soft golden glow surrounded her body as she began to hover a few inches off the ground and flew along the road in the direction the form had gone.

Kurai was pretty surprised when Pandora called him by his farther's name and walked over to him he had a similar face but his hair color was very different and we wear a very different outfit from his farther when he was young but apparently that couldn't shake the resemblance. [color=#4b0082]"Um no sorry I'm not Yami I'm his son Kurai Kagami, he actually sent me here to deliver a letter to Itsu but when I got here she was apparently dueling something that actually managed to beat her and take her soul, life force, fire, mind whatever you want to call it so I kinda came here for some answers and kinda ended up getting a fake job here so I could leave the building and kinda ended up on this floor, so wait what was your relationship with my old man cuz for some reason you seem familiar?" [/color]Kurai noticed that recently he had been talking a lot more then normal in order to explain things so he considered making pan-flits.

Pandora listened to this, and her eyes started to water. [color=#a9a9a9]"Kurai...My name is Pandora Atlas...and it sounds like...you're somehow my son..."[/color] She went over to him and gingerly hugged him. [color=#a9a9a9]"Is Yami...is he still alive?"[/color]

Ringmistress nodded at Protheus' response, analyzing various aspects of what she had recorded to determine whether he was lying, then disappeared from next to Protheus and reappeared next to Idris. [color=#FF1493]"Pardon me. I don't think we have met. I am Ringmistress, the artificial intelligence that runs virtually all operations of Duel Arcadia, LLC, including security of this installation."[/color] She extended a gloved hand to the woman. [color=#FF1493]"And you are?"[/color]

Archived