What Was The Point Of The Name-Changing Fiasco?

Premier Alexander Romanov

Question

I personally think Cifer and Dave the Barbarian should have some sort of punishment for what they did. It's inexcusable.
And before I get spammed saying "it was all good clean fun", it wasn't. It was disruptive to people who were trying to post more relevant statuses, such as a poor user who was trying to get some genuine help for a friend of his, and it proved that the super mods can do whatever they wish, without any consequences.
If a mod can change your name whenever they please, what is to stop them from banning you from YCM, simply because they don't like you?

I don't despise you. I don't hate anyone. Honestly.

Well, there's the moral of "I stepped down" and, as Rinne so eloquently put it, basically all permas come down to people being asses.

Don't be an ass, lighten up, move on.

F is for Friends who do stuff together, not for fire burning down the whole town.

[quote]It was disruptive to people who were trying to post more relevant statuses,[/quote]
I'll agree with this, but the mods had nothing to do with spamming the status bar. That was all the doing of the people getting their name changed.

"LOLOLOL! LOOK AT WHAT MY NAME IS NOW GUYS!"

Just giving more attention to attention whores. Not my idea of a joke, I don't think.

[quote]I personally think Cifer and Dave the Barbarian should have some sort of punishment for what they did. It's inexcusable.[/quote]
Any punishment your give Cifer involving warn increases is useless because lolwarnincreases.

Any punishment involving limiting his posting, what he can see, etc etc would be harmful in the event we needed a mod online.

No fucking clue who Dave the Barbarian is, other then that old crappy Disney cartoon from like... mid '00s.

[quote]If a mod can change your name whenever they please, what is to stop them from banning you from YCM, simply because they don't like you? [/quote]
SPOILER: There is literally nothing stopping any mod from doing anything to anyone on this site, even to other mods to some degree.

Your best bet is to appeal to YCMaker and good bloody luck on that one.

[quote name='Grapha Demon Lord of Sexy' timestamp='1343700867' post='5993203']
WOAH!
I'M A MOD!?
[/quote]

Congratulations on the promotion, man!

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1343700897' post='5993204']
Oh no! I couldn't use the status bar on YCM for one night!
[/quote]

Have I ever told you that I love you?

*sighs* Breaking the rules for fun isn't something we should idolise for one second, and I've lost a fair chunk of respect in those who have.[quote name='Dusk' timestamp='1343700841' post='5993200']
[color=#000066][b]What was the point of this thread?[/b][/color]
[/quote]To question the point of this fiasco.[quote name='RAINBOW LIFE' timestamp='1343700849' post='5993201']
The main flaw in this is assuming that the majority of people actually care about name changes and/or status updates. Which they don't, by the way.
[/quote]The majority who do actually care about Mods breaking their own rules.[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1343700897' post='5993204']
Oh no! I couldn't use the status bar on YCM for one night!
[/quote]One night is all it takes :/

Let me get this straight.
You, along with everybody else, complain about YCM dying and becoming boring.
Roxas and I (along with Black and Koko) try and add some fun to the site.
You complain more.

You do realize that this just a forum, right? Not even an important one. This is just a yugioh forum. You're taking this way too seriously. Adding a little fun that everybody enjoyed (outside of you...for some reason) is apparently bad.

I also love how in your status' you jump to the conclusion that Roxas and I are going to ban people out of spite. Since when have we ever done that? We've been mods for years. I, myself, have been one for 3 years. I was bumped up to super mod because I proved that I can actually do my job well. And I have remained, even with YCMaker returning over and over, because I can still do it.
Much the same can be said of Roxas.

If you can't enjoy a little fun for one night, then stay off the site for a night. It's just YCM.

Archived