Unban Crab

Brushfire

Guest Kakashi Hatake

@Yuzuru I agree with most of what you said, but for the most part Crab has always been a somewhat decent, at least competent moderator. I don't understand why she's banned when the only reason she even tampered with the account was to get him to notice the site.

That's like saying that a little girl broke her mom's vase to get attention but it's okay because it was for attention.

What I'm saying is, did YCMaker actually do anything to prove anyone wrong that he actually cares about the site at all?

Why does that matter?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not understanding why everyone gives a s***.

Get on with it and get over it, yeah what she did was a good idea to get his attention but at the same time "Y U MESS WITH ADMIN BRA."

Still everyone shut up about it now, it's not going to change the forum at all, we still have active mods losing one isn't extremely life changing.

Do you really think anyone likes this whole affair? None of us do, but we have to take the rough with the smooth and try our best here. We have discovered the only way to get YCMaker's attention, and therefore have a small chance of making this site a better place, and you fools are chastising us for rocking the boat? I used to be extremely cautious about dealing with our volatile, absent deity but then I realized that niceties aren't going to get us, and this site, anywhere. Which is why the only possible way we can deal with YCMaker is to be combative and aggressive. That way he is forced to act, and perhaps might understand the resentment his continuing absence has brought about.

Guest Kakashi Hatake

Do you really think anyone likes this whole affair? None of us do, but we have to take the rough with the smooth and try our best here. We have discovered the only way to get YCMaker's attention, and therefore have a small chance of making this site a better place, and you fools are chastising us for rocking the boat? I used to be extremely cautious about dealing with our volatile, absent deity but then I realized that niceties aren't going to get us, and this site, anywhere. Which is why the only possible way we can deal with YCMaker is to be combative and aggressive. That way he is forced to act, and perhaps might understand the resentment his continuing absence has brought about.

Let me get this straight. You're attempting to anger YCMaker because you want him to give us more attention, maybe fix a few glitches, and add XYZs (which are just something you guys want)? You're saying that the only way to get YCMaker to fix anything on YCM is to annoy the f*ck out of him? I offer my most incinsere of apologies when I say that you are like a child pulling mommy's hair for attention. have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, YCMaker doesn;t come around because annoying little members like you purposely aggrivate him?

Guest Kokonoe

Some quote

You could put my name down if you wanted to. You know that I don't really care if people hate me for speaking my opinion or not.

But no, unbanning Crab is a stupid idea. She deserves the punishment and, just because she's Crab, she seemingly gets a get out of prison free card. It doesn't matter whether we'll get YCMaker's attention or not, because (as shown) it didn't even work when his account was deleted. He took the site down for 2 days and nothing happened. Let's all just accept that is not going to do anything from now on.

Crab's pretty much done everything she's willing to ban people for.

Only a f***ing dumbass would think she deserves to get unbanned, and she should have been axed long ago.

Well, tell us, oh wise one, what we should do? Sit tight and wait for our master to return? Or actually try something, perhaps? At least Crab was trying, which is better than giving our idiot leader special treatment. And if anyone wants YCMaker's real name, it's Will Adams-Keane.

Guest Kokonoe

Well, tell us, oh wise one, what we should do? Sit tight and wait for our master to return? Or actually try something, perhaps? At least Crab was trying, which is better than giving our idiot leader special treatment. And if anyone wants YCMaker's real name, it's Will Adams-Keane.

Just wait. Even when we deleted his account, which is kind of major, he did nothing to respond. He will obviously not respond to anything we do, no matter how hard we hassle him.

It appears the only "issue" at hand is the lack of Xyzs, and it doesn't appear to have affected activity. It's a bunch of overreacting dumbfucks that think because some of the better members left due to the crappy community or shitty mod team (or other reasons, such as just getting bored of the site) then the forum's become inactive. That's not the case at all, it only appears that way because the standard has dropped and no one bothers to change that.

That doesn't mean we can't try. Who knows? We might make a breakthrough. Look at the prior record of activity "just waiting" has given us - active for a week, then gone, active for a few days, then gone et cetera. Maybe, by actually trying things out, a breakthrough might be made. He hasn't been active for several months, then for the first time in several months he comes back when Crab screws with his account. Maybe this holds the key to bringing him back?

EDIT: Bringing him back will make a clear difference. If YCMaker comes back, he adds Xyz to the cardmaker, he fixes glitches in the Shop, he might optimize the servers again, you know, that kind of stuff. An active admin boosts a community.

While we're on the subject, does this mean it would be acceptable to make an un-ban J-Max thread? Just thought I'd throw that out there. (Even though there's a 0% chance of that happening and his ban was justified.)

Just gonna respond to this because it seems a major battle is about to break out and it being my whole idea to leave this open. o.0

Anyone, at anytime can PM a moderator to discuss the unbanning of an individual (like that will help =P). I just assumed it would be nice to have a public place to share how/why the site lost a Super Mod, because obviously YCMaker didn't. Not sure about you or anyone else, but the amount of statuses and PMs that I would get if this thread was locked originally would be so stupid high that I had no desire to mess with. There was a thread which showed why JMax was banned, but w/e. (Where did that thread go? =[)

tl;dr LZ is a lazy mod who hates being bothered so shut up

Also, don't expect my opinion on the whole "rock the boat", because my very nature is against rocking the boat.

Edit: So that thread on JMax was eventually deleted/hidden.....ok....doesn't mean it wasn't there for a long time.

Guest Kakashi Hatake

That doesn't mean we can't try. Who knows? We might make a breakthrough. Look at the prior record of activity "just waiting" has given us - active for a week, then gone, active for a few days, then gone et cetera. Maybe, by actually trying things out, a breakthrough might be made. He hasn't been active for several months, then for the first time in several months he comes back when Crab screws with his account. Maybe this holds the key to bringing him back?

EDIT: Bringing him back will make a clear difference. If YCMaker comes back, he adds Xyz to the cardmaker, he fixes glitches in the Shop, he might optimize the servers again, you know, that kind of stuff. An active admin boosts a community.

You're saying that if he comes back, he will be nice but not if you keep f*ckin with the guy. What could possibly make you think that making him not like us will make him want to fix our problems? Sure, f*cking with him made him come back for a brief moment, but that was only to ban a mod who f*cked with him. Why would you think that you f*cking with him would end any better?

You're saying that if he comes back, he will be nice but not if you keep f*ckin with the guy. What could possibly make you think that making him not like us will make him want to fix our problems? Sure, f*cking with him made him come back for a brief moment, but that was only to ban a mod who f*cked with him. Why would you think that you f*cking with him would end any better?

Because I'd rather have YCMaker present and annoyed than not present at all. At least with the former there's a chance he'll get stuff done. Why ban Crab again? As an act of worship to a really useless god?

Guest Kakashi Hatake

Because I'd rather have YCMaker present and annoyed than not present at all. At least with the former there's a chance he'll get stuff done. Why ban Crab again? As an act of worship to a really useless god?

I think it's already been made farely obvious that if he does return, it's only going to be to reform your f*ck up then shut the site down for a few days and leave.

No, Crab was banned for f*cking with the Admin's account like a moron.

Why do you keep calling YCMaker a God?

It appears the only "issue" at hand is the lack of Xyzs, and it doesn't appear to have affected activity. It's a bunch of overreacting dumbfucks that think because some of the better members left due to the crappy community or shitty mod team (or other reasons, such as just getting bored of the site) then the forum's become inactive. That's not the case at all, it only appears that way because the standard has dropped and no one bothers to change that.

@bold1: Which is hilarious, because everybody cared more about the Xmas lights during the mod prank.

@bold2: :(

Unrelated note: The entire Internet (or at least were I frequent) is in super serious mode lately.

Guest Izaya Orihara

At least you guys are trying to do something while YCMaker does nothing. Many Vietnam war protesters acted like a bunch of downright fools during their protests but did anything get done? Yes, eventually the government caved and the troops were brought home. Same applies here in a different way.

Guest Kakashi Hatake

At least you guys are trying to do something while YCMaker does nothing. Many Vietnam war protesters acted like a bunch of downright fools during their protests but did anything get done? Yes, eventually the government caved and the troops were brought home. Same applies here in a different way.

Protesters like that cannot be ignored, we can be easily ignored.

Guest Izaya Orihara

Protesters like that cannot be ignored, we can be easily ignored.

Not if we keep doing what Botvinnik wants to do. The protesters were LARGELY ignored the first two years until they grew in size and did big things to gain notoriety.

Archived