Unban Crab

Brushfire

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not if we keep doing what Botvinnik wants to do. The protesters were LARGELY ignored the first two years until they grew in size and did big things to gain notoriety.

The problem is whether or not we protest YCMaker still gets money from ads. Us protesting doesn't affect him in the slightest. Hell he's had his account DELETED and what'd he do? Fix it and move on.

Guest Izaya Orihara

The problem is whether or not we protest YCMaker still gets money from ads. Us protesting doesn't affect him in the slightest. Hell he's had his account DELETED and what'd he do? Fix it and move on.

The more we do it. The more annoyed he gets.

Guest Izaya Orihara

Why would he get annoyed? It's not like he visits often enough for that.

He shut down the whole site to get his account back. He was probably bothered in some way by this.

Just gonna respond to this because it seems a major battle is about to break out and it being my whole idea to leave this open. o.0

Anyone, at anytime can PM a moderator to discuss the unbanning of an individual (like that will help =P). I just assumed it would be nice to have a public place to share how/why the site lost a Super Mod, because obviously YCMaker didn't. Not sure about you or anyone else, but the amount of statuses and PMs that I would get if this thread was locked originally would be so stupid high that I had no desire to mess with. There was a thread which showed why JMax was banned, but w/e. (Where did that thread go? =[)

tl;dr LZ is a lazy mod who hates being bothered so shut up

Also, don't expect my opinion on the whole "rock the boat", because my very nature is against rocking the boat.

Edit: So that thread on JMax was eventually deleted/hidden.....ok....doesn't mean it wasn't there for a long time.

Just going to throw it out there that I stand by that choice.

Also, as bad a admin as YCMaker is lets not link he's FB profile or anything. I half want to edit his name out of the post that has it, but since that is something that is more common knowledge as this point I don't see much point.

Actually, he loses revenue as the site loses visitors. So the more this site degenerates, the less money YCMaker gets. Which leads to my new idea - how about a general strike?

Actually, he loses revenue as the site loses visitors. So the more this site degenerates, the less money YCMaker gets. Which leads to my new idea - how about a general strike?

well what kinda of strike are u proposing?

like a mass exodius so YCM notices that he isnt gedtting any more money and then comes back?

The problem there is that new members who aren't aware of this will still visit the Card Maker, and DN is PACKED with people who come here just for that. What we do has no effect on what others do, especially when those others have no reason to strike outside Xyz. Now, if we could blank out the Card Maker with a note to go to YuGiCo or something, that might help, but seeing as doing that would mean we could throw Xyz in just as easily, that idea's out the window.

Guest Yuzuru Otonashi

What does it matter if "competent members" leave? "Incompetent" members would thrive more than ever and generate more cash for him.

That may depend on exactly how extreme his apathy is, Botvinnik. If it is so much he's only willing to revive himself, would he pay attention to the moderators going on strike when some areas already maintain a degree of control without them?

Trust me Trolls and Spammers stay around for as long as they can, albeit some of them may get bored, they will still continue to thrive and still give enough to get YCMaker a healthy profit.

I don't think YCMaker wants this place to be a hell-hole. And if we really do need to get his attention, then just unban this site's Hall of Shame (OMGAKITTY et al.) or post an advertisement on /b/. His apathy really isn't that extreme.

Guest Yuzuru Otonashi

Lemme spell it out for you:

We have 80-100 members online.

We have 679 guests online last time I checked.

Guests that come on, use the card maker, etc.

Most of the active members don't even USE the card maker much/at all. Plus, we're already logged in, so we don't see the front page ads.

So, members don't actually generate him any revenue. The guests who come to the site and use the card maker do. Yes, emmbers that use it generate revenue, but that's about 1/7th of the guests.

What I intended to say was that if our competent members began leaving, the rest would find YCM lacking a purpose and, considering the social nature a forum has, the members willing to remain will deteriorate in quantity. Assuming we're pessimistic enough to assume trolls and spammers would wander to YCM, trolls would find no point where there is nobody and spammers wouldn't remain too long. The forum would inevitably meet a premature death, appearing more of a melancholic, desolate wasteland I'd visit a year after to wallow in nostalgia.

Archived