Unban Crab

Brushfire

Guest Hatcher

My thoughts:

Does YCM own any of us anything? Probably not. He could take down the site, take down the forum, and replace it with a picture of a dong and we couldn't say or do much of anything. I remember that old Simpson's episode where Comic Book Guy says how much he hated the new episode of Itchy and Scratchy and says "as a loyal viewer, I think they owe me", to which Bart replies that they've provided him with countless hours of entertainment for free, and if anything Comic Book Guy owed them.

I don't think that situation applies here though. I wasn't entertained 100% because of YCMaker, but rather by the people who came here. The discussions in TCG, the fanfics, the roleplaying, and I'm sure you've all got your own reasons as well. Yeah he set up the means by which I could communicate with them, but the rest of the members supplied all the rest.

I'm not gonna pretend I know much about coding or whatever, but from what I recall things like updating the shop so it restocks were easy fixes. There's plenty of easy things that could have gotten done and over with but they never get fixed because the admin's never online.

The point is, I do not owe YCMaker anything. YCMaker does not owe me, you or anyone else anything. I only owe it to the members to make this site not a shithole. The content I enjoyed on this site was provided by them one hundred percent.

Re: Crab-

The whole situation strikes me as stupid and childish. Every bit of it. I imagine a scenario where Crab's like some kind of 4 year old begging for food from her dad. At first it's like "Well yeah, her dad should give her some damn food" but then the kid starts wailing harder and harder and throwing a tantrum and at this point you don't really know who to root for.

So then we see YCMaker put down his model airplane set or something, walk to the kitchen and we assume he's gonna make the kid something to eat already, but instead he reappears with a rolling pin, smacks his daughter across the face with it and then sits back down with his airplane models.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Izaya Orihara

one thing I agree on is we need XYZ cards on this site, another site does them, they put up syncros so why stop their?

The once was a man on a forum.

Who lacked every bit of grammatical decorum,

He asked for XYZ's,

And said "Pretty please"

However, unfortunately it is a redudant question that increases my state of boredom.

Guest Izaya Orihara

your queit a poet, lol, well I guess till then I'll keep using Yugico for my xyz needs, lol, but anyway, I know it's reduentent but it's a relivant thing to discuss

About as relevant as Ancient Egypt.

your queit a poet, lol, well I guess till then I'll keep using Yugico for my xyz needs, lol, but anyway, I know it's reduentent but it's a relivant thing to discuss

It is obviously relevant.

I mean, seriously!

"UNBAN CRAB"

"WE NEED XYZ'S!"

Totally relevant.

Guest Merciful Idiot

"WE NEED XYZ'S!"

Totally relevant.

Actually, it is a bit relevant.

This site, while it has many amazing members, could attract a lot more if they just added Xyzes into the card maker, which is by far the main attraction of this site and forum overall. It's not really that hard to do for Will Adams-Keane or whoever YCMaker really is to do.

Personally, I myself don't use the card maker, having long since switched to a Magic Set Editor with personally-modified settings, but I don't want this site to die. New members come here in hope of making cards, that's the true purpose of this site, and the forum is just an extra. The card maker is what really brings people here, and although it's great and all, it doesn't have Xyzes, so these potential new members simply run off to another site like YugiCo to solve their card-absence problem.

If he neglects on updating the card maker, there won't be much left to attract new members to come to the forum, and by not staying up-to-date, this site has a greater chance of facing its death. Just saying.

Somebody's probably gonna refute my argument, but it was worth a shot anyway.

Guest Kakashi Hatake

"UNBAN CRAB"

"WE NEED XYZ'S!"

Totally relevant.

Actually, it is a bit relevant.

This site, while it has many amazing members, could attract a lot more if they just added Xyzes into the card maker, which is by far the main attraction of this site and forum overall. It's not really that hard to do for Will Adams-Keane or whoever YCMaker really is to do.

Personally, I myself don't use the card maker, having long since switched to a Magic Set Editor with personally-modified settings, but I don't want this site to die. New members come here in hope of making cards, that's the true purpose of this site, and the forum is just an extra. The card maker is what really brings people here, and although it's great and all, it doesn't have Xyzes, so these potential new members simply run off to another site like YugiCo to solve their card-absence problem.

If he neglects on updating the card maker, there won't be much left to attract new members to come to the forum, and by not staying up-to-date, this site has a greater chance of facing its death. Just saying.

Somebody's probably gonna refute my argument, but it was worth a shot anyway.

How's it relevent at all to unbanning Crab? All you said is that adding XYZs might attract more visitors. That has nothing to do with unbanning Crab. Unbanning crab being the reason for this topic, which in fact, every seems to have forgotten a couple of times.

Guest Merciful Idiot
How's it relevent at all to unbanning Crab? All you said is that adding Xyzes might attract more visitors. That has nothing to do with unbanning Crab. Unbanning crab being the reason for this topic, which in fact, every seems to have forgotten a couple of times.

I didn't forget, I just don't want to get involved in with such a debate. But in any case, I'd rather that guy not come back, or at least not as a mod or anything.

Guest - Neo -

Banning Crab fixed nothing, unbanning Crab will fix nothing.

The only way to fix anything is for YCMaker to take action and as has been said like 15 thousand times in this thread, that's just not very likely to happen right now. He doesn't need to do anything for the forums in order to make money, and as a businessman, he's probably more likely to spend his free time doing other things.

Guest Izaya Orihara

How about we just unban Crab because he was one of the most intelligent members on here second only to Dark. I really couldn't give less of a crap about what unbanning her will fix. Rather I just want her back because she was an awesome member who, whether she knows or not, taught me a lot. She is one of my top favorite members on this sight along with Botvinnik and

Grapha - Lord of Sexy. She told the truth good or bad and didn't milk sh*t to make people happy. She criticized when it was necessary and was one of the few members (Along with Coolio) who made the Debate section the awesome section it was. I may have hated her a long time ago but over time I have come to greatly respect her.

How about we just unban Crab because he was one of the most intelligent members on here second only to Dark. I really couldn't give less of a crap about what unbanning her will fix. Rather I just want her back because she was an awesome member who, whether she knows or not, taught me a lot. She is one of my top favorite members on this sight along with Botvinnik and

Grapha - Lord of Sexy. She told the truth good or bad and didn't milk sh*t to make people happy. She criticized when it was necessary and was one of the few members (Along with Coolio) who made the Debate section the awesome section it was. I may have hated her a long time ago but over time I have come to greatly respect her.

On the subject of actually unbanning the reason for this thread, that isn't gonna happen. Others have said s/he (don't care) has already made another account. Unbanning Crab will do nothing but return post count/likes, and nothing more. Moderation has been stripped from Crab, and none of the Super Mods seem to care. So it's all good!

Actually, this topic has already strayed off topic enough times, and it's obvious nobodies going to do anything about Crab's account, so I'm surprised this topic hasn't already been locked. I'm not saying it should be, or even care if it is, it's just surprising is all.

So yeah, pointless reply #137, activate!

Let my husband go nuts to destroy revenue.

Seriously though, banning Crab did nothing. Every super mod repeating Crab's action so YCMaker has a staffless site could make him come back. Stupid idea but hey, it might work.

Doubtful. Very doubtful, and if he did come back, it would only be long enough to promote a couple of people to Super Mod status. I'm pretty sure he doesn't really care that much about forum issues.

Anyway, might as well bring Crab back. If only because it would serve more of a point. Crab won't be a mod ever again, and that's fair.

Dark is smart?

Grapha is a she?

wut

Dark IS smart. Disagree all you want that is my opinion. And I was referring to Crab.

HE TAPES HIS JUNK TO WALLS

AND STAPLES HIS JUNK TO LAPTOPS AND THEN TAPES THAT TO THE CEILING.

ASK HIM.

And Crab is fairly intelligent, but I don't think that's enough reason to uban... him/her/it.

Guest Kakashi Hatake

HE TAPES HIS JUNK TO WALLS

AND STAPLES HIS JUNK TO LAPTOPS AND THEN TAPES THAT TO THE CEILING.

ASK HIM.

And Crab is fairly intelligent, but I don't think that's enough reason to uban... him/her/it.

What reasons are there to unban 'em? Are there even any?

Archived