May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you guys think Mermanteans will do in the rest of the tournament? Considering I have one totally OUT THERE build, and DK uses the standard one, do you think they will go far? And while I'm on the topic, I remember another member was saying they do so well because they have not had the opportunity to get hit on the ban list. I doubt any of them are truly ban worthy (some could be limited to 1 at most), but I also think that limiting them won't really harm the archetype. It will probably slow them down a bit, but that will only force players to think outside the box a little more to find suitable replacements.

[quote name='guuu1234' timestamp='1355903159' post='6097925']
How do you guys think Mermanteans will do in the rest of the tournament? Considering I have one totally OUT THERE build, and DK uses the standard one, do you think they will go far? And while I'm on the topic, I remember another member was saying they do so well because they have not had the opportunity to get hit on the ban list. I doubt any of them are truly ban worthy (some could be limited to 1 at most), but I also think that limiting them won't really harm the archetype. It will probably slow them down a bit, but that will only force players to think outside the box a little more to find suitable replacements.
[/quote]
Well, You can go the Absolute Zero route. Which adds a few Hero's to the deck so you can Summon Absolute Zero. Him along side Megalo allows for controlled field clearing and 2x Direct attacking.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1355871461' post='6097359']
I asked what Chance considered to be the Draw Card Staples through pm and give my opinion on those cards.

The Sound sucks. Just an FYI
[spoiler=CFGD 1#:The Draw Cards You Need to Succeed]
[media]http://youtu.be/VCT6T9ps48Y[/media]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

The sound indeed sucks, but you have a nice voice.
I haven't seen Defense Draw in a while... but I haven't seen as much as 50% of the duels, is anyone using it?

Oh, and I've been unable to have an opponent for a while at the tournament......

[quote name='Sleepy' timestamp='1355935461' post='6098121']
I haven't seen Defense Draw in a while... but I haven't seen as much as 50% of the duels, is anyone using it?

Oh, and I've been unable to have an opponent for a while at the tournament......
[/quote][quote name='Sleepy' timestamp='1355935461' post='6098121']

[/quote]
Why thank you. ^_^ Yeah, I think ratskin has one in the deck he's running in this tourny. (Goes to look through Slayers Footage)

Here we are
[spoiler=Death vs Ratskin]
[media]http://youtu.be/3oGMQtGuH-E[/media]
[/spoiler]
Defense Draw gets hit by Deaths Nightbeam.

So I've been thinking about this for a while, it sounds good in theory, but I don't actually know how good it sounds in practice.

There's a mechanic in Sword Girls that only allows you to run a specific type of Faction, from any one of the chosen four you get to pick and then you center your Deck around that Faction. Factions, in SG, are basically like Archetypes, but vary on a much broader scale.

Since this can't really be applied to YGO mechanics, the best that we have to settle for besides Archetype Lock, which can't really be implemented, but rather Attribute Lock.

Attribute Lock is just that: you take your Deck and center it around 1 Attribute, much like how in SG you center your Deck around 1 faction. This way, Chaos-centric Decks or Decks that run multiple Attributes that hate Gozen can reel in joy at Attribute Lock.

To prevent the misuse of Archetypes, like for example Mermanteans or Fire Fists, you may only run 3 cards that are considered part of an Archetype. In example, you can have 3 Megalo, 2, Linde, and 2 Trite, as well as 2 Dragoons, 2 Heavy Infantry, and 2 Attack Squad, but any more than that would be considered having more than 3 cards that are considered part of an Archetype. It also encourages Highlander Decks to run more efficiently and brings a new type of skill that isn't currently present.

Like I said, this is just theory-oh at the moment; I'll probably be doing some testing when I get around to it later. It sounds like something that could easily be achieved in Chance Format, and in regular Format is just too abusable.

[quote name='Devil's Advocate' timestamp='1355963257' post='6098535']
So I've been thinking about this for a while, it sounds good in theory, but I don't actually know how good it sounds in practice.

There's a mechanic in Sword Girls that only allows you to run a specific type of Faction, from any one of the chosen four you get to pick and then you center your Deck around that Faction. Factions, in SG, are basically like Archetypes, but vary on a much broader scale.

Since this can't really be applied to YGO mechanics, the best that we have to settle for besides Archetype Lock, which can't really be implemented, but rather Attribute Lock.

Attribute Lock is just that: you take your Deck and center it around 1 Attribute, much like how in SG you center your Deck around 1 faction. This way, Chaos-centric Decks or Decks that run multiple Attributes that hate Gozen can reel in joy at Attribute Lock.

To prevent the misuse of Archetypes, like for example Mermanteans or Fire Fists, you may only run 3 cards that are considered part of an Archetype. In example, you can have 3 Megalo, 2, Linde, and 2 Trite, as well as 2 Dragoons, 2 Heavy Infantry, and 2 Attack Squad, but any more than that would be considered having more than 3 cards that are considered part of an Archetype. It also encourages Highlander Decks to run more efficiently and brings a new type of skill that isn't currently present.

Like I said, this is just theory-oh at the moment; I'll probably be doing some testing when I get around to it later. It sounds like something that could easily be achieved in Chance Format, and in regular Format is just too abusable.
[/quote]

I would love this! =D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1357141944' post='6109141']
I'm back~
[/quote]

Hey there Chance, I made this a few hours or so after you left on the 18th

[quote name='♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥' timestamp='1355871461' post='6097359']
I asked what Chance considered to be the Draw Card Staples through pm and give my opinion on those cards.

The Sound sucks. Just an FYI
[spoiler=CFGD 1#:The Draw Cards You Need to Succeed]
[media]http://youtu.be/VCT6T9ps48Y[/media]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[quote name='Chance T-Bone Furlong' timestamp='1357571384' post='6114109']
Channeler...probably should be banned, but I've yet to see any impact at all (because I've yet to play the deck). Testing out those Phantom Beastcrafts in my format...they look...promising?
[/quote]

Oh what did you think of the video by the way. Audio quality aside of course.

Currently watching :3

Done and done. Besides the sound quality (it also sounds a bit like you're suffering from a cold or something), it was a very informative video, and gets around with what can be potential and what could not be. There is 1 key engine I did forget about though, and that's the Summoner Monk/Estelle Drone combo where you Xyz for a Rank 4 and draw 1. Comboed with Daigusto Emeral and gain a potential 2 draws + a monster for the cost of 1 Spell Card.

[quote name='Chance T-Bone Furlong' timestamp='1357574713' post='6114125']
Currently watching :3

Done and done. Besides the sound quality (it also sounds a bit like you're suffering from a cold or something), it was a very informative video, and gets around with what can be potential and what could not be. There is 1 key engine I did forget about though, and that's the Summoner Monk/Estelle Drone combo where you Xyz for a Rank 4 and draw 1. Comboed with Daigusto Emeral and gain a potential 2 draws + a monster for the cost of 1 Spell Card.
[/quote]
Ha :D Having a cold. Nah, my voice naturally vibrates so it comes off like an engine rumble when I speak which I guess combined with a mp4 player mic would make me sound like I have cold.

I'm not very familiar with that combo. ?.?

Archived