May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

That's true. Alright, lets update the list!

Banned:
Sangan
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
Gateway of the Six (or Power Limited) (? for Power Limited: 1 for Banned)

Power Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons (or Banned) (2 for Power Limited: 1 for Banned)

Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks (or Banned) (2 for Power Limited: ? for Banned)
Pot of Avarice

Special Limited:
Wind-Up Magician (2 for its current position)
One Day of Peace (2 for its current position)
Solemn Warning (2 for its current position)
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Infernity Launcher (or Power Limited) (1 for Power Limited: 1 for Special Limited)
Lonefire Blossom
Ceasefire
Brotherhood of the fire Fist - Chicken (or unlimited) (1 for Special Limited: 2? for Unlimited)
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Limit: 3 for Unlimited)
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum (3 for its current position)

Power Semi-Limited:
Machina Fortress (or Special Semi-Limited) (2 for Power-Semi: 1 for Special-Semi)
Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei" (or Unlimited/Special Semi?) (1 for Power-Semi: ? for Special Semi?: ? for Unlimited)
Fire Formation - Tenki (2 for its current position)
Madolche Tiaramisu (or Unlimited) (1 for Power-Semi: 2 for Unlimited)
Mermail Abyssmegalo (or Unlimited) (1 for Power-Semi: 1 for Unlimited)
High Priestess of Prophecy (or Special-Semi) (? for Special Semi: 1 for Power-Semi)

Special Semi-Limited:
Advanced Ritual Art (2 for its current position)
Tsukuyomi (2 for its current position)
Thunder King Rai-Oh (2 for its current position)
Tour Guide of the Underworld
Geargiarmor
The Agent of Mysteries - Earth
E - Emergency Call
A Hero Lives
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Pot of Duality
Debris Dragon
Snoww, Unlight of Darkworld (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Semi-Limited: 3 for Unlimited)

Newly Unlimited:
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Shien's Smoke Signal
Spore
Mind Crush

I voted for Gateway to be Power Limited.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banned:
Gateway of the Six (or Power Limited) (1 for Power Limited: 1 for Banned)  I think I'll vote banned here, to be honest. When they draw it, even under Summoning Sickness, they can still rather easily make swarms and lockdowns. Plus, they already have their unlimited RotA and their unlimited Pot of Greed, what could go wrong?
Power Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons (or Banned) (2 for Power Limited: 2 for Banned)  It probably is gonna still be decent without it. They still search a bit with Deep Sea Diva or Abyssphere. Either way since I've only seen them play, never actually experienced it.

Infernity Launcher (or Power Limited) (1 for Power Limited: 1 for Special Limited) Special Limited could be alright to me. They are just a strongly Extra Deck-oriented deck that depends too much on this card. Besides.... how much can they actually loop it nowadays?
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Limit: 3 for Unlimited) Grapha is the heart of the deck right? Leave it be. Instead, if you need to hit Dark Worlds, hit their consistency.  Having only 1 Grapha will just downright kill the deck. Which I hate the deck's design and the card itself, but can't be biased by that....
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum (3 for its current position) Err yeah. Agree for this position. If they want to Summon it badly enough, giving up the Power Limited slot sounds good. Where is REDMD btw? *goes check list*
Power Semi-Limited:
Machina Fortress (or Special Semi-Limited) (2 for Power-Semi: 1 for Special-Semi)
Madolche Tiaramisu (or Unlimited) (1 for Power-Semi: 2 for Unlimited) Card is BS, but does the deck really need to be hit? Maybe I just missed something awesome they did in this format...
Mermail Abyssmegalo (or Unlimited) (1 for Power-Semi: 1 for Unlimited) Don't mind semi-limit. It's not really the only boss they have, and it doesn't really make the deck lose it at all... I could be missing something, but Dragoons is gonna be banned/limited... being the strongest deck in regular format, I can't complain.

Special Semi-Limited:
Advanced Ritual Art (2 for its current position) Hell yeah. I still don't know where to use it in, but I agree with the position given here, and I'm sure something will come out...
Tsukuyomi (2 for its current position) Yeah... this one is... hopefully get's unlimited next time. 
Thunder King Rai-Oh (2 for its current position) Sure. 
Snoww, Unlight of Darkworld (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Semi-Limited: 3 for Unlimited) Haven't been following the list as much, but I'm guessing the current opinion is, Dark Worlds don't need to be hit, since both this card and Grapha, have a majority of votes against their limits. If they do need a hit, what else if not one of the two?  I lost to it a while ago in a test duel, but I'm using freaking Dark Scorpions xD Maybe it's just preparations for potentially Mind Crushing next tormat?

The rest I don't mind where they are... and a couple not mentioned ones I really know nothing about.

I've really been disconnected from the meta..... o.o"

@Sleepy:

• Gateway - What Zeppel said
  • Dragoons - It's a more broken searcher because it becomes food for everything else AND has no level restriction. So are you going for ban or Power limit?
  • Launcher - Infernities need this to even become a deck again...and given how we've semi-ed a bunch of their stuff already, it seems like a just thing to do. It's one of those bad cards that actually doesn't seem to do as much as we think it will.
  • Grapha - The deck is more inconsistent anyway now. In fact it's been getting little to nowhere in this format. Why should we hit it?
  • Atum - Ummm...this is a Special Limit .-. That way you can still run RedRum.
  • Tiaramisu - Yeah. Madolches topped in 3rd place this tournament. We should consider hitting something, but since you all insist...
  • Abyssmegalo - We need to hit the deck's power a little more than just Dragoons and Megalo seems wise given how much support is around him.
  • Snoww - same argument for Grapha. The difference between this and Earth is that Fairies have more support than Dark Worlds themselves. Search options are there for both, but Earth is in a Deck that has several boss monsters unlike Dark Worlds whose sole boss monster is Grapha. Given then, Fairies have more outs that Dark Worlds...and that makes a huge difference.

The List will be solidified by 12:00 P.M. (GMT: -6:00), 3 hours from this post.

Banned:

Sangan
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
Gateway of the Six (or Power Limited) (1 for Power Limited: 2 for Banned)

Power Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons (or Banned) (2 for Power Limited: 3? for Banned)

Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks (or Banned) (2 for Power Limited: 1? for Banned)
Pot of Avarice

Special Limited:
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Infernity Launcher (or Power Limited) (1 for Power Limited: 2 for Special Limited)
Lonefire Blossom
Ceasefire
Brotherhood of the fire Fist - Chicken (or unlimited) (1 for Special Limited: 2? for Unlimited)
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Limit: 4 for Unlimited)
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum (4? for its current position)

Power Semi-Limited:
Madolche Tiaramisu (or Unlimited) (1 for Power-Semi: 3? for Unlimited)
Mermail Abyssmegalo (or Unlimited) (2 for Power-Semi: 1 for Unlimited)

High Priestess of Prophecy (or Special-Semi) (? for Special Semi: 2 for Power-Semi)

Special Semi-Limited:
Advanced Ritual Art (3 for its current position)
Tsukuyomi (3 for its current position)
Thunder King Rai-Oh (3 for its current position)
Geargiarmor
E - Emergency Call
A Hero Lives
Pot of Duality
Debris Dragon
Snoww, Unlight of Darkworld (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Semi-Limited: 4 for Unlimited)

Newly Unlimited:
Shien's Smoke Signal
Spore
Mind Crush

Cards that still need tie Breakers:

Power Semi-Limited:

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei" (or Unlimited/Special Semi?) (1 for Power-Semi: ? for Special Semi?: 1 for Unlimited)

Banned:

Sangan
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
Gateway of the Six (or Power Limited) (1 for Power Limited: 2 for Banned)

Power Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons (or Banned) (2 for Power Limited: 3? for Banned)

Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks (or Banned) (2 for Power Limited: 1? for Banned)
Pot of Avarice

Special Limited:
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Infernity Launcher (or Power Limited) (1 for Power Limited: 2 for Special Limited)
Lonefire Blossom
Ceasefire
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Limit: 4 for Unlimited)
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum (4? for its current position)

Power Semi-Limited:
Madolche Tiaramisu (or Unlimited) (1 for Power-Semi: 3? for Unlimited)
Mermail Abyssmegalo (or Unlimited) (2 for Power-Semi: 1 for Unlimited)

Special Semi-Limited:
Advanced Ritual Art (3 for its current position)
Tsukuyomi (3 for its current position)
Thunder King Rai-Oh (3 for its current position)
Geargiarmor
E - Emergency Call
A Hero Lives
Pot of Duality
Debris Dragon
Snoww, Unlight of Darkworld (or Unlimited) (1 for Special Semi-Limited: 4 for Unlimited)

Newly Unlimited:
Shien's Smoke Signal
Spore
Mind Crush

Cards that still need tie Breakers:

Power Semi-Limited:

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei" (or Unlimited/Special Semi?) (1 for Power-Semi: ? for Special Semi?: ? for Unlimited)

High Priestess of Prophecy (or Special-Semi) (? for Special Semi: 1 for Power-Semi)

Whats your vote on Gateway?

Also, Shogun for Unlimited.

High priestess for say Power Semi I guess.

Clafifying my post.

@Sleepy:

• Gateway - What Zeppel said What did he say? haven't been really reading all posts ^^" Though just to be clear, my stand is "banned".
  • Dragoons - It's a more broken searcher because it becomes food for everything else AND has no level restriction. So are you going for ban or Power limit? Hmmm yeah it's bannable.
  • Launcher - Infernities need this to even become a deck again...and given how we've semi-ed a bunch of their stuff already, it seems like a just thing to do. It's one of those bad cards that actually doesn't seem to do as much as we think it will. Which is why I voted for this NOT to be banned.
  • Grapha - The deck is more inconsistent anyway now. In fact it's been getting little to nowhere in this format. Why should we hit it? It's the DW's only way of playing, although on itself is not well designed at all. I'll say my vote comes down to whatever the deck is actually doing at impatcing the meta, and I'll go with the flow on what the most votes say.
  • Atum - Ummm...this is a Special Limit .-. That way you can still run RedRum. Alright.
  • Tiaramisu - Yeah. Madolches topped in 3rd place this tournament. We should consider hitting something, but since you all insist... hmm yeah, it does wreak the opponent a lot, even though being a b*lls**t card on itself (kinda like what DWs are to a lower extent).
  • Abyssmegalo - We need to hit the deck's power a little more than just Dragoons and Megalo seems wise given how much support is around him. I agree with that.

The List will be solidified by 12:00 P.M. (GMT: -6:00), 3 hours from this post.

Machine decks need some sort of hit. *goes check where Fortress was in the list*

Soo the voters so far either say "ulimited" or they want the player to choose between Machina Fortress and this, right?

Banned/limited is probably overkill if we are already hitting something of them so, I, think, I'll go fooooor.... the semi. Yeah. Regardless of Fortress, the posibility of it at 3 is what makes it a big problem. Yeah.

Sorry, meant to do that but got distracted by another thread xD

inb4votesforspecial-semitokeepthetie.

I honestly thought about it, just to have the deck keep both at a limited rate while still not allowing 3 copies of it. Though the deck has topped a lot this format, so why not?

On a completely unrelated note, this is my latest build of Dark Scorp- damn. DN is down....

Well, I'll do that later.

@D.A. - Because Burei is a very problematic card, and a very powerful one. The fact it's a Synchro means you don't have to search it out. The fact it Summons a monster on Summon means it's a +0 instead of a -1. Being 2600 ATK with an Enemy Controller-type effect means it can run over a large portion of monsters by itself AND the fact it's EARTH. Machina and Level 7 give it too many compatabilities with Geargia/Machina/Gadgets and Redox + Rank 7s. It's got way too many outs...Plus it fuels into it's own copies and that's just not fair.

@D.A. - Because Burei is a very problematic card, and a very powerful one. The fact it's a Synchro means you don't have to search it out. The fact it Summons a monster on Summon means it's a +0 instead of a -1. Being 2600 ATK with an Enemy Controller-type effect means it can run over a large portion of monsters by itself AND the fact it's EARTH. Machina and Level 7 give it too many compatabilities with Geargia/Machina/Gadgets and Redox + Rank 7s. It's got way too many outs...Plus it fuels into it's own copies and that's just not fair.

But that doesn't really matter if the vote ended in a mute. Which it did. I'm just saying it seem improper but hey thats just me.

Let me put it another way. Lets say I or someone else voted for the Baning of "Tsukuyomi". You voted for it to stay where it was. No one else voted in regards to it before the list went up. What would you do?

Tricky question huh?

Logic says that it should stay unmoved until a decition is actually made. Though since that's what half the voters actually wanted, I guess they technically win for the meantime. Which is not a "win" but a "postponed" until either side actually wins.

Sleepy caught on pretty well.

Anyways, like Sleepy said more or less rings true. 

By keeping it where it is, your going about the coldest and dare I say the appropriate route. This is because, your not using your own judgement and simple keeping it where it is.

However, by making a new vote for just that one card after the voting ended your using your own opinion in hopes that the new result will lead to your opinion being correct.

Archived