May now be locked - The Original Chance Format

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've honestly haven't played Chronomolies at all so I thought they're "trash". I know the Xyz is nice though...but still...

Well basicly their engine is Crystal Skull & Technology.  Their XYZ happens with Golden Jet which can up all your Chronomalys by one level. The level boost is perment too. So you can Summon It, up its level to 5. Use Crystal Skull to search Moai. The SS it and go into a rank 5. Technology allows for Hand & Grave set up. 

Then of course Machu Mech makes for an instant counter to Trag. Can combo with Lance. ect.

Or they could just try and go for a Machu Mach OTK. Hard to do, but fun when it works.

I'm still looking for my quest of a non-meta deck that can compete with the meta, and isn't going to perform exactly the same each match.

Are Cronomaly's another one of those decks that's like a card away from being amazing, but they never quite get it?

O-o....they have...potential. But the Summoning Sickness could be their Downfall. Still, it's a very nice deck O-o.

Really?

I think the opposite. With both their Cont. spell that boost by 800 (and lets not even go into multiples) & the rank 5 variety which mind you many focus on doing damage I dont see it being as big a problem.. 

Or they could just try and go for a Machu Mach OTK. Hard to do, but fun when it works.

I'm still looking for my quest of a non-meta deck that can compete with the meta, and isn't going to perform exactly the same each match.

Are Cronomaly's another one of those decks that's like a card away from being amazing, but they never quite get it?

I...don't know.

Really?

I think the opposite. With both their Cont. spell that boost by 800 (and lets not even go into multiples) & the rank 5 variety which mind you many focus on doing damage I dont see it being as big a problem.. 

That's true...especially that Volcasaurs.

I cant really answer that.

But lets look at it from each cards angle.

Golden jet

It's your Main tool in lv modifying though I'v found you only want to use it's effect while it is the only monster on the field unless you can pull another lv4.

Moai

Your basic ss while you control x monster. Combos with Golden jet for a instant rank 5.

Crystal Skull

Your searcher that can only be used once a turn

Crystal Bones/Skeloton

Your Cyber dragon with Marauding Captain/Debris dragon in one.

Machu Mech

The rank 5 that deals damage based on the modified atk of one of your opp.s monsters. It also gains that atk as an atk boost which can make it into a power house.

Technology

Your normal spell that acts somewhat as a Duality.

The Field Spell

A way to get a controlled chronomaly ss every turn.

The other lv 5

Is your Malific in that you can only control one of it and can ss it from the hand while v you control a field spell.

Random idea that I'm gonna test with my brother: Monsters that are Summoned in face-down Defense Position require 1 less Tribute.

I wonder if that'd give stall too much power, or if it'd be passable. I know no one wants to bump into a Labyrinth Wall or Neo Aqua Madoor xD

Random idea that I'm gonna test with my brother: Monsters that are Summoned in face-down Defense Position require 1 less Tribute.

I wonder if that'd give stall too much power, or if it'd be passable. I know no one wants to bump into a Labyrinth Wall or Neo Aqua Madoor xD

Does that mean monsters with 5/6 stars do not require a tribute to set?

Does that mean monsters with 5/6 stars do not require a tribute to set?

Yeah.

Which is not a loop hole, but I'm still wondering if it'd be too much to just Set 3k Defenses out of nowhere. For one side, big walls are usually lame in ATK stats, so the idea might not really be that attractive, for the other, it doesn't sound like something abusive to me. Setting a Summoned Skull and either using Book of Taiyou on it or waiting for a turn sound fair in exchange for actually Tributing something.

The idea is to prevent the "You Tributed for that, I'm not stupid enough to attack it" decition making.... but IDK...

Though Kaiser Glider might be too nice of a wall....

What do you think? =0

Yeah.

Which is not a loop hole, but I'm still wondering if it'd be too much to just Set 3k Defenses out of nowhere. For one side, big walls are usually lame in ATK stats, so the idea might not really be that attractive, for the other, it doesn't sound like something abusive to me. Setting a Summoned Skull and either using Book of Taiyou on it or waiting for a turn sound fair in exchange for actually Tributing something.

The idea is to prevent the "You Tributed for that, I'm not stupid enough to attack it" decition making.... but IDK...

Though Kaiser Glider might be too nice of a wall....

What do you think? =0

I would love the idea, actually. the prospect of setting powerful monsters with devastating flip effects is pretty attractive to me. Want to test it out with me on DN sometimes?

There's also Hade Hane and Guardian Sphinx.

Can't speak for Hade Hane, but back when I was new to the game, a common strategy to bypass Guardian Sphinx was to attack it despite being unable to run over it. Then your opponent either had to leave it in Attack Position, or had to wait a turn for it's Flip Summon.

Nobleman Eater Bug... I wonder how good that'd be compared to Penguin Soldier... 

I would love the idea, actually. the prospect of setting powerful monsters with devastating flip effects is pretty attractive to me. Want to test it out with me on DN sometimes?

That'd be fun to test out sometime. Though I currently don't have a deck for it 

[s]maybe I can finally add Gorg the Strong to my gang of Dark Scorpions[/s] =D

So, thoughts:

WOW ONE FOR ONE DESTRUCTION IS BRUTAL. That's basically one route that a lot have chance players go for, without heavy to punish large backrows. However, I opted for the second route, which is to make the most use of the backrow as possible, and I have to say that such a method was most effective. It doesn't hurt that I had a deck that did that really well.

Also, I'm surprised nobody ran Dark World in this tourney. Their recurring main deck boss monsters as well as their popping potential would make them kings of Chance Format, imo.

My stupidity wasn't merely limited to my plays. My entire side deck consisted of other power- and special- limited and semi cards, aside from D.D. Crow. In future, I realize that maybe having a couple of such cards (siding out Dark Hole for Heavy, for example) would prove useful, otherwise having the side exactly like a regular deck would prove more useful.
fLDz29T.png

a lot of the techs proved useful... when I drew them. Breakthrough Skill and void trap hole especially were handy in killing my opponent's bosses/making their searchers useless.

Oh, and another thing, have we tested T.G. Striker as special semi-d?

Archived