The Pokemon Legion: Reborn [Always Accepting New Members!]

Ren✧

Thanks! I am working on its evolution. I have it drawn, but I need to 'digitalize' it, lol.

Abilities I pay attention to, occasionally STAB, but I don't ever worry about EV or Base Stats...and I try desperately to stay away from using Legendaries.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Legendaries when I feel like it, but they've never been in my main team since the start of Gen 5. I just end up feeling it might make it far too easy. Actually, I just end up not using them but that is somewhat of a factor.

Occasionally I do pay attention to stab too, I just don't like Normalize because it'll make my Pokemon completely ineffective to Ghosts.  <_<

Oh yeah and it was annoying when I battled a steel type and thought "... Why is my move not working better than it should?" and that was when I figured out Normalize was a thing.

I use Legendaries when I feel like it, but they've never been in my main team since the start of Gen 5. I just end up feeling it might make it far too easy. Actually, I just end up not using them but that is somewhat of a factor.

Occasionally I do pay attention to stab too, I just don't like Normalize because it'll make my Pokemon completely ineffective to Ghosts.  <_<

Oh yeah and it was annoying when I battled a steel type and thought "... Why is my move not working better than it should?" and that was when I figured out Normalize was a thing.

I can see how Normalize would be quite the problem. I don't think I've ever used a Pokemon with that ability in battle though. There are only a few legendaries that I will use, but I made a commitment never to use ANY legendary against the Elite Four, I just feel like it is a waste of my team space/cheating. Of course, I train my legendaries just to say that I have a Level 100 so and so. 

Stab is actually a really important decision when deciding between 2 just as effective, same attack type, same power moves e.g. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam on a Lapras. Abilities are important because they change battles. However, EVs and natures are only really important when doing really competitive battling and aren't necessary to beat the game. I only use non-Uber legendaries such as Heatran, Azelf etc.

Stab is actually a really important decision when deciding between 2 just as effective, same attack type, same power moves e.g. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam on a Lapras. Abilities are important because they change battles. However, EVs and natures are only really important when doing really competitive battling and aren't necessary to beat the game. I only use non-Uber legendaries such as Heatran, Azelf etc.

So I don't find any of the Lake Guardians worth my time. Heatran I can see being used. I use Darkrai, comboing Dark Void with Dream Eater/Bad Dreams/Nightmare. 

I may join, but why isn't all the trainer stuff and starter Pokemon not here anymore? Is it finished? Gone?

Yeah it is gone, we have lost too many members and there hasn't been enough activity for such a thing. I may bring it back at a later time, but for now we are just a Pokemon Club instead of a Legion of Trainers. We'd still love to have you.

Name: Eevee 8

Favourite Pokemon: Can't decide. Many dragons, generation 5 starters and evolutions except maybe Emboar, Eevee and evos...

Will I be active?: Maybe not, I can try.

So my club's time to shine? Mine was inspired by this, and uses it's own Pokemon level-up system. Please don't treat this as advertising, because I haven't given a club name.

Name: Eevee ∞

Favourite Pokemon: Can't decide. Many dragons, generation 5 starters and evolutions except maybe Emboar, Eevee and evos...

Will I be active?: Maybe not, I can try.

So my club's time to shine? Mine was inspired by this, and uses it's own Pokemon level-up system. Please don't treat this as advertising, because I haven't given a club name.

Fixed. Well, I thought that was your name. I've seen you say you can't type it, but you could just copy + paste it. If that's the way you want it though, you can leave it the way it is.

R.I.P. Skitty, Pufflake, Squirtle & Budew unless I can use them again if we ever go back to being trainers.

Fixed. Well, I thought that was your name. I've seen you say you can't type it, but you could just copy + paste it. If that's the way you want it though, you can leave it the way it is.

R.I.P. Skitty, Pufflake, Squirtle & Budew unless I can use them again if we ever go back to being trainers.

Yeah, you'll be able to use all the old one's if we go back and with the recent members that might be sooner than later, but I felt it was too much information for people to take in and it was pushing people away. 

RIP. Bagon, Beldum and... Pufflake.

Anyways, I had been doing a Youngster Joey challenge for a while. I had gotten to the E4 when I stopped doing it, but then I decided to continue on with it last night.

k3f8qbO.jpg -> HmgMheu.jpg

Yeah, I named my rival Kaiba *is gunned down*

- Lorelei was simple, didn't have much of a strategy other than using Thunderbolt on her Water/Ice types and using Shadow Ball on the rest.

- Against Bruno, I started off using an X Attack so that Rattata's Shadow Ball can kill the level 54 Onix after it had been Super Fang'd, his fighting pokemon went down to Hyper Fangs.

- Against Agatha, I used a Guard Spec so that I was unaffected by Arbok's Intimidate, other than that, Shadow Ball on the ghosts, Thunderbolt on Golbat and Hyper Fang on Arbok

- Lance was the guy I previously had problems with (*cough*Dragonite*cough*). Gyarados went down to Thunderbolt. When Aerodactyl came out, I used an X Attack, then proceeded to kill him with Thunderbolt. It took a combination of Hyper Fangs and hitting itself with Confusion to kill Dragonite, but I had to use a couple of Full Restores as well. The Dragonairs died to a single Hyper Fang each.

- It took quite a bit of strategy to defeat my Rival though. Pidgeot died to a couple of Thunderbolts (at least it didn't use Featherdance). Alakazam was the simplest to kill. When Rhydon came out, I used an X attack and before I killed it, I used a Guard Spec. (The only problem was that my Speed was lowered). The reason why I used the Guard Spec was that I'd be facing Double Intimidate from Gyarados and Arcanine. Anyways Gyarados fell to a Thunderbolt, and then his problem pokemon, Arcanine came out. It took 20+ turns to kill that thing, no joke, it really did take more than 20 turns to kill that thing, basically since I was slower, I couldn't attack 2 turns in a row otherwise R.I.P Rattata, this is because Flamethrower took more than half my health so I had to keep healing so that all of its PP was drained (I got burned a couple of times as well), then I'd be free to kill it, but I also endured flinching 1 too many times. Once I had finally killed it, I went up against Venusaur. The good thing was that Venusaur's only attacking move took 2 turns to charge up so that I could heal then use the next 2 turns to try and kill it with Super Fang and Hyper Fang.

Anyways, I had been doing a Youngster Joey challenge for a while. I had gotten to the E4 when I stopped doing it, but then I decided to continue on with it last night.

- Lorelei was simple, didn't have much of a strategy other than using Thunderbolt on her Water/Ice types and using Shadow Ball on the rest.

- Against Bruno, I started off using an X Attack so that Rattata's Shadow Ball can kill the level 54 Onix after it had been Super Fang'd, his fighting pokemon went down to Hyper Fangs.

- Against Agatha, I used a Guard Spec so that I was unaffected by Arbok's Intimidate, other than that, Shadow Ball on the ghosts, Thunderbolt on Golbat and Hyper Fang on Arbok

- Lance was the guy I previously had problems with (*cough*Dragonite*cough*). Gyarados went down to Thunderbolt. When Aerodactyl came out, I used an X Attack, then proceeded to kill him with Thunderbolt. It took a combination of Hyper Fangs and hitting itself with Confusion to kill Dragonite, but I had to use a couple of Full Restores as well. The Dragonairs died to a single Hyper Fang each.

- It took quite a bit of strategy to defeat my Rival though. Pidgeot died to a couple of Thunderbolts (at least it didn't use Featherdance). Alakazam was the simplest to kill. When Rhydon came out, I used an X attack and before I killed it, I used a Guard Spec. (The only problem was that my Speed was lowered). The reason why I used the Guard Spec was that I'd be facing Double Intimidate from Gyarados and Arcanine. Anyways Gyarados fell to a Thunderbolt, and then his problem pokemon, Arcanine came out. It took 20+ turns to kill that thing, no joke, it really did take more than 20 turns to kill that thing, basically since I was slower, I couldn't attack 2 turns in a row otherwise R.I.P Rattata, this is because Flamethrower took more than half my health so I had to keep healing so that all of its PP was drained (I got burned a couple of times as well), then I'd be free to kill it, but I also endured flinching 1 too many times. Once I had finally killed it, I went up against Venusaur. The good thing was that Venusaur's only attacking move took 2 turns to charge up so that I could heal then use the next 2 turns to try and kill it with Super Fang and Hyper Fang.

I'm guessing with this challenge you can only use Rattatta? Sounds incredibly difficult, lol. But very impressive. Nice work!

I'm guessing with this challenge you can only use Rattatta? Sounds incredibly difficult, lol. But very impressive. Nice work!

Yeah, you can only use Rattata in battles, and the only other pokemon I used were HM slaves (since Rattata wasn't allowed to be one).

The challenge was difficult, but it was fun as well.

Yeah, you can only use Rattata in battles, and the only other pokemon I used were HM slaves (since Rattata wasn't allowed to be one).

The challenge was difficult, but it was fun as well.

I can imagine. Did the Rattata start at 100 or did you actually have to level it up all the way?

I done something like that only with Sceptile, but I might have used Rayquaza or something since it was high leveled. Besides that, I imagine that no matter the Rattata, it would be harder than a starter, and I didn't even get it to level 100.

Got Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Played the demo before and it seems like there's no hunger system. I'm gonna love it.

Would you say your Rattata was in the top percentage? /obviousjokes

Anyway seems fun and quite impressive.

I don't really know about it all so far. It's different. If it wasn't for the more 3D even without the 3D actually turned on, I probably wouldn't have felt for Gurder. The beginning honestly does a better job at telling the story than the Rescue Team games, which was pretty much just rescue. The game itself is easier than it's predecessors without the hunger system, though I'm still trying to figure out which way I actually prefer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived