Kingdom Hearts: The 13th Requiem [PG-13/Not Accepting]

Phantom Roxas

Viola nodded, and slid the new ring off her finger, albeit with slight reluctance. But what was there to be nervous about? She had already been singled out as the Prime Merlinean, the potential best of the best, and there was no way there could ever be a second that would steal her destiny away from her. She had to focus, to calm down, and calm down she did before handing over the ring back to Balthazar Blake.

"Is there any chance of there being more than one Prime Merlinean?" She asked him, out of curiosity.

Afterwards, as he took it, she took the time to look at her three fellow [s]inferior[/s] apprentices. All of them were guys, and by the looks of it, they were all older and taller than her too. She began to feel really out of place right about now, but then again, she always had been. A stranger jumping into other people's much deeper lives, always out of place...but hadn't she tried to change from that? She moved all the way here to Manhattan just to forget about it all.

"Hey, we just met, haven't we?" Viola realized with a smile. "So, since we're fellow apprentices now, I guess we should introduce ourselves to each other. I'm Viola Makaivair. And...you guys?"

For someone who'd just been introduced to the world of magic and singled out as the Chosen One, she had strangely accepted it all rather quickly.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shuren's pride winced, and his cheeks burned red as the old man turned and pointed out how poorly his entrance had been. More so because he'd thought he had been exceptionally silent and stealthy. He'd need to spend more time working on that now as well. "Y-yeah, sorry about that..." he said scratching the back of his head. "I'm usually not someone a lot of people like around shops like this, so... I thought this'd be better."

As he spoke, he started to get a strange feeling from the man, whom he'd assumed was Balthazar Blake, since the remaining crowd was all boys around his age, with the exception of one small bespectacled girl standing before Mr. Blake. She was smiling at him, and was rather cute in Shuren's opinion, but that wasn't important at the moment.

Shuren hadn't been there for the exploding book case trick, but he was still sure that there was something different here. Something... more than he knew. That's when Balthazar said he had to 'test Shurens magic potential'. [i]Great. My gut wants me to become a magician. [/i]He shrugged his shoulders, and decided to bite for now. "Alright, well lets try it. I'm interested to know my own magic potential, sooo how do we do this?" Shuren asked, as he really was interested in how you'd go about testing magic potential, or potential of any kind really. "Is there like a special reader or something? Oh, I'm Shuren by the way." The last part he added only because the others had begun introductions. Usually Shuren didn't introduce himself unless the other people did first, especially if the others had been previous marks.

James stood stock still as the dragon statue was lowered into his hand. It was heavier than he expected, though that was perhaps due to him seing it moving. It had looked much lighter as a living thing than as the statue in his palm at the moment. Not that it stayed still for long. James nearly leapt back as he felt his hand get suddenly warm, and the dragon came alive, calmly moving about his hand as if it was a normal thing. He was shaking a little bit, nervous that it was about to bite him or something, when it started moving in the direction of his bag, as if sniffing out something that resided there.

With this, James' eye widened and when the Dragon Statue was lifted from his hand, he proceeded to fumble about with the bag, slowly lifting the book from the bag as Balthazar started his demonstration of the reality of magic. By blowing up a fricking cabinet...the putting it back together. Which stalled James, for he just stared at the bookshelf, his attention drawn away from him as he just stared.

[i]It's all real...[/i] He thought, his jaw slowly dropping. [i]It's all real!!![/i] His expression slowly slid into one of ecstasy, before turning to watch how the dragon reacted to Viola's touch, his own hand still clutching the book a few inches out of the bag, so that a small bit of the cover could be seen over the bag.

Truth be told, he had expected about a similar reaction to the other three of them from the dragon, as there wasn't much to change. He had seen it do one thing, and so expected it to do that thing; basic scientific reasoning. But it didn't, it remained on her hand for much longer than it had done with any of the others, even when it had gained the scent of James' tome, and decided that it would choose this girl, forming itself into a ring around her finger.

Balthazar confirmed that this was indeed, her being chosen. The Prime merlinian, the most powerful sorceror of all time. Truth be told, James felt and pang of jealousy at that moment; a wish that he himself could've been this great magician. But he shook this away; there was no point in such feelings, what was done was done. And it didn't mean he couldn't be a powerful sorceror, did it? This Balthazar guy wasn't the prime merlinian, after all, and yet he was definitely a powerful sorceror.

Then Balthazar said a word that peaked James' interest, as well as reminding him of why the book in his bag was partway out. [i]Encantus...[/i]
At this, James quickly brought the book and offered it to Balthazar, making excuses and apologising for taking it.
"It-it was just there. I-I just...found it. On the street. I didn't take it. I didn't...I didn't steal it. It was out side. And no-one seemed to want it. And it looked cool. And it...it just...I didn't want to see it thrown away. It looked so cool and old and....magical."

He quickly stopped at the last word, and sighed a little, handing the book to Balthazar, before turning to make introductions. The girl had already introduced herself - Viola Mak...mak...Makaivair...? - and while James had introduced himself to the other two, he had yet to meet the girl properly.

One problem, his throat didn't seem to want to speak. He mumbled and stuttered for a few moments, struggling to get the words out. "J-J-James...." He finally managed, coughing a little as if trying to hide his inability to speak to her. "....P-Prewitt."

~~~~~~~~~~

Lexamus chuckled for a moment, realising his own hypocrisy. "What can I say? I guess I'm just that sort of guy." He smiled, lifting his arm in a 'what-can-you-do' kinda manner. "To be honest, I've never shown much interest in this place anyway. But, I guess I can let you lot roam around the Dark City, should I be allowed to roam around this old place. But I am the ruler of Dark City, that is all I wish you lot to remember."

After explaining that point, he satisfied himself by merely listening in to the conversation about the keyblades, and how to restore Kingdom Hearts. Truth be told, despite his many years here, he didn't know as much as this Kriex person. He knew the basics, and knew almost everything about how the Heartless and Nobodies worked, along with much about the Dark Corridors and all that sort of stuff. But their history, and the Keyblade...he had never thought too much about it.

"Leave? What, do you not wish for my help on this mission?" He asked, smiling a little. Sure, it would be effort. But it would also be interesting; more interesting than a place he had walked through for 60 years, a place he already knew like the back of his hand.

Haxz laughed loudly at Nerhyx's suggestion. [font=georgia, serif]"Don't flatter yourself buddy, not everyone is chosen to wield the Keyblade. It takes a special sort of Heart to attract a Keyblade's attention. Like the rest of us, you were just another easy target for the Heartless. They saw your Heart as a snack, and ate it up like a cracker. But, I don't agree with you Kreix. We can't wait for a Keyblade to appear, we should MAKE one appear. Vexen left an entire laboratory full of logs penned by himself and Xemnas. Plus, those old diaries left lying around; like the one left by Roxas. We should scour the castle for information on the Keyblade, then work on making a Keyblade appear. If all goes well, we can then steal the wielder's Heart and use their Nobody to serve our cause. I'm suprised you haven't thought of that already great Superior."[/font]

Marcos was, as he had decided a while ago thanks to the obvious difference in experience between Haxz and the other Nobodies who didn't scare the s*** out of him, ignoring everyone else in immediate proximity as Haxz spoke. [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]"Wait a second though. If we really [i]were[/i] just easy targets, why would we end up as Greaters? I clearly remember defending myself. Wasn't too successful at it, but I still held my ground, you know. But that's not what calls my attention though...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]Those other names you two keep throwing at us. Vexen, Xemnas, Roxas. Who are they? Older Nobodies? I still don't get all of this "Organization" crap. I was... "born" less than a [i]day [/i]ago! You can't just expect me to know what my element is, or what a f***ing Keyblade is! ...That one is sorta simple to figure out, I guess, but how does that make sense? Chosen wielder... Determination of the Heart? Did we all not have that? Was that not the reason we are all standing here, right now?"[/color][/font]

When 'James Prewitt' introduced himself in a scrambled, stuttering manner after an almost painstaking silence, she couldn't resist a certain urge rising up, even though it might be a bit out of place over here in this sorcerer's den. A mischievous grin formed on her face as she turned to him.

"H- h- h- hey, y- y- y- you're s- s- sp- speaking l- li- li- like t- t- this. I- i- is e- ev- ev- everything a- a- alright w- w- with you~?" Viola asked playfully, imitating his apparent nervousness, before sighing. In all seriousness, she should probably clear something up before anything else happened. "James, right? Well, you led me here. So, thanks?...Also, when you fell earlier, that was me. I kinda tripped you, since you kept ignoring me...Um, sorry about that."

She smiled awkwardly, before turning to the newcomer. He had a somewhat familiar air around him, not that they'd met before, but she used to have friends like him before. He had the same troublesome, deep look. How a striped shirt, baggy jeans, black skater shoes, and lean body could give off that impression is anyone's guess, but Viola knew a deep person when she saw one.

"Hello, Shuren." Viola greeted, nodding. "All you have to do is hold the dragon thingie that our master sorcerer here is going to give you. If it reacts, boom! You're magical! If not, that would suck since you seem kind of interes-" She bit her own tongue to stop talking so much. There was no need to go there.

Ryan was severely shocked, but also impressed. A girl was finally able to be called "The Chosen One". [i][color=#b22222]Took long enough...[/color][/i] he thought, chuckling to himself. He then begun to realize that someone came in from a window in the back, and he would never think someone would leave a window open for thieves to come in. Then again, Balthazar is over a millenium old, and he's an extremely powerful wizard, so he can defend himself if anything like that happened. He then noticed that James was having a hard time introducing himself to Viola. "[color=#b22222]Viola's a nice name.[/color]" he said. He then extended his hand and proceeded to imitate James Bond. "[color=#b22222]Jameson. Ryan Jameso-[/color]" Just before he could finish, he just bursted out laughing. "[color=#b22222]I'm sorry. Sometimes I do that to cut the seriousness of the situation.[/color]" He then extended his hand again. "[color=#b22222]The name's Ryan Jameson. If you have any problems you need to address, just let me know. I'll help in any way I can. Okay?[/color]" He then made a smile to her.

Shuren let a small frown inch across his face as James introduced himself to Viola. From his accent, he could tell he was an exchange student, or at least a transfer from Britain. From how he spoke, he guessed it was pretty hard for him to talk to girls, or people in general. He gave him a small reassuring smile, hoping to boost his confidence a bit, but then Viola started toning in.

He guessed that that woulda been a rather large blow to James' pride, giving the amount of effort it took to initially introduce himself. He had to admit, it was funny, but he felt a little bad for James all the same, especially since that wasn't all she'd done to poor James. It was then that Viola had a slip of the tongue, that made a small blush cross Shurens face. "Do you think I'm interesting?" he asked her, zeroing in on that bit. "Because it sounded like you were gonna say I seem interesting." He smiled widely at Viola, somewhat happy about his almost complement from the girl, and also to let her know he'd just been teasing, and was otherwise flattered.

"So, I just need to hold that dragon and hope that it doesn't try to roast me, right? Sounds good, lets try it." Shuren held out his hand patiently waiting to be tested by the dragon. Part of him still didn't really believe the whole thing, but maybe if he stayed, he'd be able to find something out about how his parent went missing. His gut couldn't have led him here by chance, right? Besides, the group gathered seemed rather interesting too.

Kreix bit his lip, hiding his embarrassment by not considering visiting Vexen's laboratory. Those would certainly help, but he wasn't as sure about the diaries. Some of them would usually write down about their day "Alright, Marcos, I think you've been kept in the dark long enough. Let me show you a glimpse of the past." Kreix held up his arm, and the world around the Nobodies changed. The room itself seemed to fluctuate, the metal gaining a sheen to it and the cracks in the floor disappearing. Other people, all dressed in the same black cloak soon appeared, walking backwards. Kreix opened a Corridor of Darkness that engulfed him and his fellow Nobodies, and soon they stood outside. They could see nine of the cloaked people. The one who stood at the front of them began to speak.

"The time has arrived," he said. "Look to the skies!" The held his arms up, and a heart-shaped moon appeared. "There hangs the heart of all hearts - Kingdom Hearts - shining down on us at last. See the countless hearts that have gathered? Hearts full of rage… hate… sadness… and bliss. There, in the sky, hangs the promise of a new world." He put his hans to his said and faced the group. He didn't even notice Kreix's group. "My friends! Remember why we have organized - all the things we hope to achieve. The strength of the human heart is vast. Soon, though… we will have gained power over it! Never again will it… have power over us."

Kreix turned to his own group of Nobodies. "That man is Xemnas, and the others here are Nobodies as well. They were known as Organization XIII. Alas, it was a group that was not meant to last, for their own subterfuge had led to the deaths of other members among their ranks. The moon you see there, Kingdom Hearts? It has since been destroyed, and thus I dream - [i]our[/i] dream - is to complete it once more. Lexamus, if you truly wish to help us, then that would be appreciated."

[center]***[/center]
[left]Viola, James, Shuren, and Ryan. Trevor had already introduced himself to Ryan, but without waiting for him to do the same to the others, Balthazar took the ring and approached Shuren. "This ring decide your future. Take it."[/left]

[left]Balthazar rested the ring in Shuren's hand. It took the form of a dragon once again, but this time, it bit Shuren's hand, and instead of leaping back to the fox like before, it flew towards Viola, resuming its place as a ring. Balthazar frowned, and glared at Shuren. "Who are you, and what do you want?"[/left]

Shuren frowned deeply. The dragon's bite didn't hurt that bad, and this was better than being burned, but he did hope to be accepted by it and stick around somewhat longer. He pulled his hand away awkwardly, and put his hand in his pocket. No point in lying to someone who was obviously a very talented wizard, and he wasn't willing to accept that he'd been led here by chance.

"I... don't really like talking about this." he said, "But... I'm guessing you all heard about the mysterious disappearances that started two years ago?" Shuren shifted awkwardly, and swallowed before continuing. "Well, my mom and dad were the first. Cops claim it's gang violence, but I don't buy that. Gang's are sloppy. They'd leave a mark, right? No, whatever's been kidnapping those people is too good for police. I'll be honest too, usually I just steal what I can from places like this and run." As he said this last part, he held up the watch he'd been on his way to fence, as if to offer it up as proof of what he'd said, and a sign of good faith from him saying he'd no intention of stealing this time. "This time was different though. I don't know why I came, I just... got a feeling I was supposed to be here. Maybe coming here could help me understand why they disappeared."

Now he looked Balthazar in the eyes, trying to show him that he'd never been this truthful with just anybody before, half smiling as he did. "I'm not after revenge or anything stupid like that. I just... I don't think it's right for that... whatever it is to keep getting away with what he's doing, and I don't want any other kids to go through what I did. I thought maybe you could help." Now Shuren was feeling more embarrassed than he had before. That was all a tad personal, but for some reason he trusted the old man. That only disappointed him more now.

James smiled a little bit as Viola started to imitate him, making him realise how ridiculous he sounded. He laughed for a moment and just continued to smile, for, as opposed to Shuren's opinion of it hurting his pride, it had instead raised his confidence. He had been nervous and confused; he never had grasped much of social matters, seeing other people as different from him. To see them act entirely, well, human just made him feel more relaxed around them.

Grinning, he lifted his hand behind his neck and scratched the nape of his neck with an embarassed expression. "Well, erm, sorry. I guess I'm just a bit nervous when it comes to talking to people, especially over here." He explained, the stutter vanishing as he gained more confidence. "As you can probably tell, I'm not really an American. I'm always worrying I'd stand out too much or make a fool of myself." He sighed and placed his hand back down at his side.

He listened carefully as she apologised to him, explaining that it was she that had made him fall, which would explain why he hadn't reacted. He merely waved his hands about, almost cutting her off mid-sentence. "No, no, no. Dont apologise!" He almost shouted, lowering his hands after brushing away the apology. "If you hadn't tripped me up, neither of us would've turned up here. And neither of us would've had the chance to learn magic, especially with you being this Prime merlinian."

As if on cue, the Dragon that had become her ring landed back onto Viola's hand, having bitten the newcomer to the small group, this Shuren fellow who had entered through a window at the back. He explained his reasons for entering, though it didn't exactly seem to explain why the Dragon may have bitten him. He didn't seem to have bad intentions, and he would've more expected a reaction like that from himself rather than this guy, for while Shuren had entered with some intent for theft, James had actually stolen from the place; though he guessed he had only borrowed the book now.

Balthazar took a deep breath. "Very well, but I should warn you, my master had an apprentice that betrayed him. That caused Merlin to be slain by the evil sorceress Morgana. The ring thinks that you will follow that same dark path. I will take you on as an apprentice, but you must swear to me that you [i]will not[/i]​ use your magic for evil. I will take you down the second I hear about you making that mistake." Balthazar was worried about the flirtation between James, Viola, and Shuren. The Prime Merlinean in particular shouldn't be distracted by things such as love. Balthazar thought back to his time as an apprentice, where he fell in love with another sorcerer Merlin taught, Veronica. The one who betrayed them was Horvath, who loved Veronica as well. If any of his apprentices tried to fight over Viola, could things turn out the same way?

Shuren looked at Balthazar, seeing pain in the old man's eyes as he recounted what happened in his past. Shuren nodded slowly, gaining a small amount of sympathy for him. However, his warning had scared him slightly, as it was unexpected and strange. Now he knew that things would be much more difficult for him if his new master was expecting him to become evil. He'd need to be more careful than the others at all times, and didn't wish to fail Balthazar. He looked at him very seriously, and nodded. "I understand. I won't make that same mistake. I promise."

He looked at the others, and gave them a large smile. They were supposed to be friends now, so it was only fitting he got along with them all, and it was better that he tried to act more friendly towards them. He didn't want any distrust of him, even though he'd admitted he was a thief and therefor killed a good amount of trust from that. [i]Seems I gotta [/i][i]prove myself to just about everyone...[/i] he thought. Wasn't anything he wasn't use to, but he had hoped he could have a fresh start with them. "Sooo, looks like we're partners now huh?" He scratched the back of his head rather coyly. "It's nice to meet all of you anyways." He smiled again trying to ease the thoughts and tension from the prior revelation.

[i][color=#DAA520]Wait...Merlin? [/color][/i]Trevor thought, after hearing the complete explanation between Balthazar and Shuren. Merlin, a sorcerer from the Medieval era that was around King Arthur in Camelot. But that...that was some years ago and Balthazar looked like a regular man. [color=#DAA520][i]An apprentice to Merlin? Amazing...but what did he even mean 'my apprentices'? [/i][/color]Trevor was truly convinced of this man's words, mainly after seeing the demolished bookshelf returning to normal...as well as that ring coming to life. [color=#DAA520]"So...we're becoming apprentices to you? Heh, not what I thought would happen coming into a game shop like this...but cool nonetheless!" [/color]he said with a smirk. [color=#DAA520]"Either way, I might as well give a proper introduction to you all, excluding Ryan. I'm Trevor Masters, nice to meet you all."[/color]

"You're right, James." She replied, smiling. "And by the way, I'm not American either, though I bet you'll never be able to guess where I came from!" Then she shook Ryan's hand. "Thanks. I doubt anything can slow me down now, but I'll keep that in mind!"

Her cheeks went a little red afterwards when Shuren started zeroing in on her, but luckily he went away before anything could continue. She was then a bit startled when the ring bit him, but maybe she shouldn't have been. Her smile didn't waver for a moment when he admitted his past, since she had already known it, the darkness, the sense of desperation. Not that Viola had ever been one herself, but she knew what kind of people those like Shuren were. In other words, she was unsurprised at his past atrocities, and it might even give her the opportunity to tease him with it later.

"Well...James, Shuren, Trevor, and Ryan, looks like we're all gonna be apprentices together!" Viola declared, waving the dragon ring on her finger in the air. "We're all in this together, okay? We have to trust each other. Nobody's gonna be betraying anyone on my watch~"

Claire, Lewis, and Wilbur headed through the city streets of the Tangled Continuum, with Claire carrying the large two-handed weapon Lewis carried for her. Apparently, it took the normal ammunition she used for her old, now-broken Blazefire Saber and utilized special electromagnets to rapidly accelerate the rounds to insane speeds, or simply fired a lot of them at much more conventional velocities. He called it a "linear gun", and it definitely utilized the fact that she stored tons and tons of ammo in a pocket dimension, making it impossible for her to ever run out. The smaller swarms of Heartless fell like blades of grass before the rotary cannon mode, and the much larger enemies couldn't stand the high power of the weapon. Sure, the recoil was annoying, but after a few months of being with these two, the gun was very familiar to her, and the constant adjustments by Lewis had fine-tuned the machine into a masterpiece. She provided the firepower needed for these kinds of missions, and not many of her doppelgangers could stop her with this kind of firepower. And if that weren't enough, they had even recovered a rather nasty-looking blade from one of her counterparts, and she now donned it as her own, strapped to her back. Plus, Lewis had gotten her GravCon unit up and running, so carrying the sword and the linear gun was relatively easy. To think it had been a year since she arrived here, and now, she was fighting in this hellhole with some allies, getting closer and closer to defeating the Bowler Hat Guy and ending this nightmare once and for all.
However, a Tesseract immediately opened up nearby, and all three of them turned to see a slightly younger version of Claire emerge. This Lightning still had her outfit, her Blazefire Saber, and hopefully her sanity intact. In contrast, Claire had a red bandana tied around her head, underneath her pink hair, a black sleeveless shirt that exposed her midriff, black boots with belts around them, and torn jeans. While the younger Lightning was relatively clean, the elder Lightning looked like she had seen better days. Lewis gripped his wrench while Wilbur aimed what appeared to be some sort of toy gun at Lightning, while Claire activated her linear gun, which lit up and started cycling its magnets with a building thrumming.
The younger one lowered her Blazefire Saber and raised her hands. [color=#FF69B4]"I don't have any quarrel with you all."[/color] The younger Lightning told her elder counterpart and her companions. Lightning could tell that her alternate future self wasn't insane or mind-controlled, just bitter.
[color=#FF1493]"Likely story."[/color] Claire replied, narrowing her eyes at her counterpart. [color=#FF1493]"How am I sure you aren't some sort of trick?"[/color]
[color=#FF69B4]"Because I want the same thing you want. I want to get away from this world and to find Serah. None of the others wanted to talk about her, did they?"[/color]
Claire paused briefly, her eyes losing their steely glint and softening. She muttered to herself. [color=#FF1493]"Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of you..."[/color] She quickly regained her composure and tells her alternate self. [color=#FF1493]"Alright, you take point, Lightning. I'm not trusting you behind any of us."[/color]
[color=#FF69B4]"Point taken, Lightning."[/color] She picked up her Blazefire Saber, stowed it in its holster, and started to walk to the perimeter of the area Lewis was working in before Claire cleared her throat.
[color=#FF1493]"My name's not Lightning. Not anymore. Just call me Claire."[/color] The war-torn version of Lightning kept a steady eye for any activity, while the younger Lightning did the same, puzzled over what happened to cause her other self to shed the moniker of "Lightning".

Amazed by Kreix's ability to allow them to view the past Xelo watched the other nine nobodies, who existed before their time. "So these are the nobodies who failed?" Xelo then looked at the beautiful heart-shaped moon. "So, that's Kingdom Hearts? It's marvelous." Xelo couldn't stop staring at it, he even reached out for the moon then clinched his fist. "[i]I'll bring you back mom I swear it.[/i]" He thought to himself. Xelo turned to his superior eager to accomplish Kingdom Hearts. "Kreix, you should know I'm only doing this for my mother also, whoever gets in my way will be brought pain and suffering beyond belief!" Xelo started to feel his body heat up almost as if it was burning, with his fist still raised to the moon he clinched his fist harder and harder till his hand became ignited. "I will burn them with my own hands and show them that fire can bring new life and also destroy it." He spoke opening his palm bringing his fist below his chest. He looked down at the fire as it slowly started vanish. "Superior, I think it's time you gave me an assignment." He suggested with an evil smirk on his face.

Well the vast opulence of Kingdom Hearts was a sight to behold. The world completely made out of hearts. Nerhyx like his other newb Nobody counterpart was amazed that his new master could even perform such magics though. It was entertaining to say the least. He listened as this Xemnas spoke of a dream and the power of the Kingdom being given to the nobodies. Though what name did Xemnas come from...names maybe....man sex well that's just odd either way he looked like he would be an interesting fellow to follow but his own master Kreix was more worthy. Kriex mentioned that the other group pretty much turned on each other and that is how some of the members were defeated and while that alarmed Nerhyx there didn't seem to be anyone among this group of contenders who would fit the bill as a potential usurper. Well there was Lexamus and this Xelo character just said something about taking down anyone who would stand in his way. Okay so maybe Nobodies just weren't team players as a species. Hopefully this will end with a more pleasant outcome for Nobody kind.

Nerhyx watched as this Xelo characters fist ignite and while his face remained emotionless he was a little sad on the inside seeing as he might be the only Nobody to not know his element. Hopefully he can discover his element quickly on these individual missions so he can be of use to his master. Nerhyx was thinking about adding in with a request for a mission, but didn't want to sound to presumptuous when following Xelo. Hopefully his silence on the matter spoke volumes.

[font=georgia, serif]"[b]Oh Kingdom Hearts, how I love thee. Show me your anger, your joy, your sorrow, in bed.[/b] *Spits* That Xemnas was such a drama whore. If he spent less time being theatric and making convoluted plans, he probably would have succeeded in building Kingdom Hearts. His logs show that he treated much of what he did as a game. Everyone was just a pawn to him; it's not wonder there was infighting, especially by that Marluxia. I didn't know it was possible for a Nobody to be gay, but, he was unliving proof. I read his diary, it had freakin roses printed on it and detailed many of his plans to overthrow Xemnas, including the use of the Keyblade wielder of their time. That was the last log though, since he got wiped, compliments of the Keyblade wielder."[/font]

Marcos was amazed at the ridiculous proportions of Kingdom Hearts. At the stupid characterization of the former... [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000][i]What's the word Haxz used... Superior? [/i][/color][/font]But most of all; he was absolutely baffled by Kreix's prowess. [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000][i]The power to manipulate time... to observe past and future events... such is the power that this guy holds. Looks like it IS best for me that I side with him after all...[/i][/color][/font]

Marcos quickly turned to one of the two who had walked in after him. He watched with curiosity as he lit his fists on fire and threatened to kill those who stood on his way. But Marcos was paying no attention to that. He was focused on the fire. [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000][i]So this guy already knows his element. Huh, I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't know his. Then again, there IS the other fellow who came with him I have no idea about, so I have to keep an eye out. Though... [/i][/color][/font]Marcos took a quick look at his white sword, still in his hand, [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000][i]I have a pretty good idea what my element is by now. Still... that guy. [/i][/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]"You want an assignment? How long have we been in this castle, exactly? Half an hour, at most? Hard to tell, I guess. I wouldn't know what time it is, given not only the [i]name[/i] of the place we're in [i]but also[/i] the nature of the powers of our..."[/color][/font] Marcos grunted, the word was somewhat uncomfortable since he had never really had to say it before. He felt like, by saying that word, he was acknowledging he was below somebody. Or Nobody. But he said it anyway, as to not disrespect the one who had just successfully pushed back a teleporter. [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]"... Superior; this could have actually been [i]two weeks[/i] since we met in this castle."[/color][/font]

Cue snide remark about homosexuality from Haxz. Marcos raised an eyebrow. [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]"You always have something interesting to say, don't you? Almost as if you were stuffing your words with more words to attain a certain amount. ANYWAY,"[/color][/font] Marcos drew closer to Haxz, as to avoid being heard by the others, [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]"do... or did? any of these old Organization members have an ability related to sand? It would be certainly useful to me, given I have no idea how I did that quicksand trick a whiles back.[/color][/font]"

[font=georgia, serif]"Sand? Well, according to the official Organization logs, the closest they had to sand was Lexaeus, who used Earth. I'll give you his diary later, but now..."[/font]

Haxz turned to address Kreix. [font=georgia, serif]"This light show is very flashy Kreix, but right now we should be plotting and planning. We have absolutely no plans for reigniting big ol KH up there; aside from waiting for a Keyblade wielder to just pop out of the ground. I don't like that, not one bit. We should be using the extensive spy network of Dusks in order to scout the worlds to find people with the potential to wield a Keyblade, them force them into a situation that will manifest it. From there, we should guide them to the Heartless and get them started. It's going to take thousands of Hearts to reborn Kingdom Hearts, and we won't do it by waiting."[/font]

Marcos chuckled in disbelief.[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000] "Your numbers are a bit off, wouldn't you say? Look at that thing up there. Now picture a heart. You think a few thousands of that stuff is going to make a gigantic heart-shaped moon up in the sky above a world-castle? I'd say you're a few millions of hearts short. By the sound of that, we'd probably need to [i]ravage[/i] entire [i]worlds[/i] with Heartless in order to build that thing. Is it really right,"[/color][/font] he said, turning to Kreix; [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]"to exterminate worlds and their inhabitants just for our personal gain? Doesn't that make us the villains here?"[/color][/font]

Marcos's attention was caught by the cloaks the old Organization members- as well as Kreix and Haxz- were wearing. [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000000]"These cloaks, are they what mark us as Organization members? Should we not have our own, then?"[/color][/font]

Nerhyx looked at this Marcos character as he decided to question everything that was happening. Granted it did make sense and someone had to say these things but it was funny to see someone so concerned with...well everything. Maybe the words of a fellow newb nobody would help calm this one down.

"Well it is like you said. We haven't been here that long and there hasn't been that much of an opportunity for us to adorn new clothes. As proof of our freshness I don't think you've changed your name to reflect that you are a member of this faction, is that correct? As for the kingdom hearts does it really matter if we are on the side of villainy or the side of the virtuous? To take everyone's hearts for the sole purpose of giving them their hearts back and then some, seems like a rather noble cause. Nerhyx looked back up to the Kingdom Hearts and tilted his head. "Besides if we really are the villains then you shouldn't worry too much because these stories always have a hero whose sole purpose is to stop us villains. Let whoever that is carry the burden of dealing with our actions. Your point about our hot headed friend here..." he pointed to Xelo"...while valid seems ill-timed. If I were to rank us I think we are the bottom three Nobodies here so we should go out and learn about ourselves quick otherwise we won't be of use to Master Kreix. While the previous version of the organization was flawed I think we'll just learn from their mistakes. Does that sound like a plan to you?"

Kreix rolled his eyes. As if he didn't consider sending the Heartless out to the many worlds. "Yes, Marcos, I had considered that option. To be frank, I neglected to mention that particular detail because I didn't think you'd trust someone who would even mention the thought. As Nehryx put it, we will simply return the hearts to their original worlds. In other worlds, we will borrow their hearts for the sake of empowering Kingdom Hearts. Once our loved ones are returned to us, we shall restore the people who were sacrificed for our cause. Now that you have seen the previous Organization."

Kreix clapped, and the world around the Nobodies returned as it was was before. Or after, really. "I can assure you, Marcos, it has been but an hour since we each became acquainted with each other, although that scuffle with Lexamus gives me a few seconds or so in my perspective. As for the coats, follow me. In truth, you will need them to avoid corruption from traveling between the Corridors of Darkness. Our quick ventures through them did not affect you, but they shall should you continue to use them without the cloaks. As such, let us take a walk." Kreix led the Nobodies to a wrecked laboratory. Beakers stood on tables empty, and papers were arranged in messy stacks. A few books stood beside them, but Kreix walked past them. Placing his hand on a wall, lines appeared among them. Inside, dozens of black coats were hung up in rows.

"Take your pick," Kreix told Marcos, Nehryx, and Xelo.

[font=georgia, serif]"If you want my advice, go for the bell sleeves. They are allow for flexible hand movements and you can hide thing in them to perform sleight of hand. Length and shoulder pads are also alterations you can make to them as well."[/font]

Was that just his two cents? No, Haxz had a job to do for the good of the Organization.[font=georgia, serif] "Kreix, if it's alright with your superiority[size=1] complex[/size][/font][font=georgia, serif] I think I should get to work on studying Vexen's logs. I already sent a callout to the Deadbeats and the Gamblers to start looking, so I better go check their progress and make sure they're not trying to swindle each other. Oh, and make sure the kids dress well, I don't want them going to school in any old thing."[/font]

With that snide remark, Haxz left in a Corridor.

Archived