Official Gatecrash Spoilers [114/249]

Flame Dragon

So, with spoilers starting new week, WotC is being nice and giving us gifts all week, one per day. Look under Simic for today's. To keep things consistent, cards will only be added to this main post when WOTC adds them to the main prerelease gallery on their website. Until then, check the more recent posts for any updates.

[spoiler=White]
geydrm7hlb_en.jpgyxtqf1k89d_en.jpgugoh63m1ri_en.jpg8xcbfb8ww4_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Blue]
uyrloq9dnd_en.jpg80msjvqnnz_en.jpgb1ne8elfka_en.jpg7jucq0zln0_en.jpguhd7veq7bi_en.jpgwb71jk0gzt_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Black]
3c7ur9svcm_en.jpgytnaqsgi03_en.jpg6jl9gl8hs8_en.jpgke6zenv9u5_en.jpggagqof3lss_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Red]
k1xdjk3rp8_en.jpgnjcdxzejfx_en.jpg3x7y42x6y8_en.jpgfn48qunlog_en.jpgn12h48.jpgzpg0dfq8wh_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Green]
tkohp7rxit_en.jpgsxk4y8p47v_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Simic]
ny6mtaygmr_en.jpgm45basnlm5_en.jpgptvrnuyfro_en.jpggpbrb0j6xt_en.jpg8dykso0jvs_en.jpgyszmf4t45e_en.jpgkrxym94uy0_en.jpgakz61fr8xd_en.jpg22s62gzi2u_en.jpgk7puv0lf7s_en.jpgib4pqypnny_en.jpgqj83mlrs8l_en.jpg9js3k7phym_en.jpgad2buftts7_en.jpgqn5e3tjtlk_en.jpgmcyzhgmlwb_en.jpgbyrseahxfw_en.jpg7h4ianmut1_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gruul]
h6ewtukll4_en.jpgkwtkd3c7sh_en.jpgqjl90s7xs1_en.jpglsnhs59758_en.jpg4olvi22ygg_en.jpghdp3bxhyks_en.jpgtjz4h9t7sv_en.jpgqnyu9rzw3i_en.jpg0k5uqfenyb_en.jpgsvjfhh3bbx_en.jpgdw6ibrnf9p_en.jpgulqi7zd9gw_en.jpg7v8xv9xoxq_en.jpg3xw48p8yik_en.jpgtm143aipok_en.jpgbyricomkdk_en.jpgv092k7o543_en.jpg1f2gkz8cg9_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Orzhov]
d03hk9ieuy_en.jpg5htsd44dbw_en.jpgh7rblgpvzo_en.jpg5atfjinpng_en.jpgzdwcgxx5n9_en.jpgtj3ox8eg1z_en.jpgc004geytgz_en.jpgm2t717ynfw_en.jpgwxveeg54dm_en.jpgq67q2d1sma_en.jpgkl4nesr3r3_en.jpgzfzyzgcjnr_en.jpg87zvag5bon_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Boros]
rldznvbkbx_en.jpgn4l84yaowd_en.jpg72iagzis13_en.jpgyo8hf6s3w3_en.jpglt2zjov5j5_en.jpg27agtdswcs_en.jpgmshrpl53qw_en.jpg0xfkhp15jr_en.jpgcbg48u45g6_en.jpg1nyz690klp_en.jpglmjzkisdor_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dimir]
j8la39uo68_en.jpga2ivtdwluu_en.jpgqrevu051ek_en.jpghxxrj1a4b7_en.jpgcfjgv67awc_en.jpgbkbf3hs2eo_en.jpgzi3leei9i4_en.jpgiu0xzauwx9_en.jpgcxg272cbbg_en.jpgv1n9eq8w2g_en.jpgk9uaahs7dv_en.jpg4n01133uru_en.jpg67b3byoela_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Artifacts]
r9yqn7qxnt_en.jpg4pij2wdr3y_en.jpgh0ndjlxf87_en.jpg5s4gwhr2u9_en.jpg7anbuzmoy2_en.jpgp6ky6h8leu_en.jpgvvolws6ynj_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lands]i1ido682cf_en.jpgk6ttg3nv03_en.jpg0oeb2p3d8x_en.jpgonzd119aok_en.jpg2twgjn2ey3_en.jpgsktlscjx5r_en.jpgl5uvcxgxu3_en.jpgyj3xjb1kr4_en.jpgdvdz6c6zos_en.jpgis276nnn03_en.jpgyp1jnjsbh4_en.jpg
[/spoiler]

I'll be updating this thread as we get more spoilers.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='FreelancerRaiko' timestamp='1356363918' post='6100986']
RAI!!!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!?!?!??!?!!!!
You've opened the flood gates of madness! lol.
[/quote]

Eh. It's actually a pretty bad combo. Garruk, Primal Hunter + Deadbridge Goliath pretty much does the same thing, except both cards are good by themselves.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1356356802' post='6100919']
Wizards are being very generous with a week or early spoilers. Dec 30th, the start of spoilers, my ass.

Note that Increasing Savagery makes Fathom Mage draw 5 cards.
[/quote]
I'd much rather use it to draw 15 cards thank you very much. Yea this is going to be sweet in EDH.

But Bloodrush literally could be anything. We'd need another Gruul Bloodrush card to see what it actually does. It's either:

- ...a Channel variant.
- ...a pump mechanic.
- ...or a land mechanic.

I'd going to say that it's the second. Everything can discard for a pump effect. Makes sense, name-wise.

The card itself is very cool. The pump functions very similarly to Kessig Wolf Run actually. Obviously, Kessig Wolf Run is still better, but Rubblehulk has some raw power right there.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1356424653' post='6101565']
But Bloodrush literally could be anything. We'd need another Gruul Bloodrush card to see what it actually does. It's either:

- ...a Channel variant.
- ...a pump mechanic.
- ...or a land mechanic.

I'd going to say that it's the second. Everything can discard for a pump effect. Makes sense, name-wise.

The card itself is very cool. The pump functions very similarly to Kessig Wolf Run actually. Obviously, Kessig Wolf Run is still better, but Rubblehulk has some raw power right there.
[/quote]
"Bloodrush is to channel what entwine was to kicker. Sometimes we make mechanics just a little too broad such that they encompass smaller mechanics down the road."

"Bloodrush essentially allows you to discard a creature to give your creature +X/+Y until end of turn where X is the discarded creature’s power and Y is its toughness. Note that this is all me paraphrasing and is not rules tight."

And now we know how Bloodrush works.

Wow, you are fast. I couldn't get the image of just the card and was working on that.

Anyway, Boros mechanic is a VERY good fit for the guild. Also shows why Mark would have picked Battle Cry to be the guild mechanic had he been able to use it. The card itself seems very good.

Also, looks like next we'll get Orzhov and will end off with Dimir on Friday. How do I know this? Follow the pattern.

[quote name='Vivacious Skyfall' timestamp='1356499256' post='6102265']
Simic: U/G
Gruul: G/R
Boros: R/W

Simple pattern.
I just can't wait.
Battalion has some synergy with Odric.
[/quote]
That it is. I saw it yesterday actually and am a little shocked that they actually going with it. Anyway, can you spot the other pattern. Its a lot less apparent. Can you also figure out why they picked this order?

And yea, Odric does play well with this. Just strange that he needs 3 other attackers while this needs 2.

Simple, Odric wasn't designed around Battalion.

Although his playtest version in R&D was the same as Battalion.

Orzhov stuff next then, correct? And after that we get Dimir.

Those are definitely what I'm most looking forward to, everything else just seems to be getting ridiculously good limited mechanics, with Boros' seeming the best for standard application right now.

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1356571328' post='6102963']
Simple, Odric wasn't designed around Battalion.

Although his playtest version in R&D was the same as Battalion.

Orzhov stuff next then, correct? And after that we get Dimir.

Those are definitely what I'm most looking forward to, everything else just seems to be getting ridiculously good limited mechanics, with Boros' seeming the best for standard application right now.
[/quote]
It was? I most likely don't remember reading it then.

Most likely.

Battalion seems really bad in standard atm since it has tons of wrath effects.

Archived