Xyz's and Cardmaker Redesign

Night

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm unsure if this has already been brought up or if it's just blatantly obvious already, but what about Token Monsters?

I'm both hoping and fearing the implementation of Tokens officially, purely for the reason that it could be used as an excuse by new members to post crappy, thoughtless images-on-blank-cards in "RC Singles". Maybe if there was a rule beforehand about no tokens outside of "Archtypes & Sets"?

But yeah, just something I thought I'd mention/ask in the case of possible future problems/complaints.

Here's a full list of card templates that I'd like to see be added:

Those that can be added with relative ease (seriously, all it requires is a hue/saturation change, brightness, and set Layer Blending to "color".)

1. Normal
  2. Effect
  3. Ritual/Obelisk
  4. Fusion
  5. Synchro
  6. Xyz
  7. Spell
  8. Trap
  9. Token -> With a toggle option to make tokens with only pictures or ready-to-use tokens with stats and effects.
  10. Dark Synchro
  11. Slifer (red)
  12. Ra (normal without italicised text)
  13. Dragon templates (blue cards)

Templates that require extra work to make, and/or probably won't be added.

1. Original Japanese card style -> I would really like this one.
  2. International Anime style
  3. Bandai style
  4. DDM Style
  5. Extended art template for oricas, otherwise identical to the normal templates.

edit: also just wanted to say that the current cardmaker, and yugico both use Matrix for the Type-line, which is incorrect. The font for that line is Stone Serif. js

edit: also just wanted to say that the current cardmaker, and yugico both use Matrix for the Type-line, which is incorrect. The font for that line is Stone Serif. js

ITC Stone Serif Semibold SC to be exact :3

Anyways, as Judas said, changing the hue/saturation of the original effect template seems relatively easy (which is the exact same deal with the proposed gold rare effect). It's just a matter of how complicated the coding would be.

is there any official date of the xyz cards launch?

The is not and will never be an official launch date. This is not going to be rushed and even if it is completed we cannot expect YCMaker to be active at that time.

Dark Synchros and Tokens are things that YCMaker has specifically stated as never going to happen. The cardmaker is used for real card generating in the real TCG (not OCG or anime). I can't remember his reasoning for Tokens, but I faintly recall him saying something along the lines of being pointless. I do see the appeal in it though, printing off tokens (to glue onto cards) is more likely than printing off fake cards.

The problem with the non-legal Gods are that they have been remade into effect monsters. Also, to fit along the lines of realism why make a template for something that only fits 1 card?

is there any official date of the xyz cards launch?

As everyone has said before: IT'S NOT GOING TO BE ADDED.

The is not and will never be an official launch date. This is not going to be rushed and even if it is completed we cannot expect YCMaker to be active at that time.

Dark Synchros and Tokens are things that YCMaker has specifically stated as never going to happen. The cardmaker is used for real card generating in the real TCG (not OCG or anime). I can't remember his reasoning for Tokens, but I faintly recall him saying something along the lines of being pointless. I do see the appeal in it though, printing off tokens (to glue onto cards) is more likely than printing off fake cards.

The problem with the non-legal Gods are that they have been remade into effect monsters. Also, to fit along the lines of realism why make a template for something that only fits 1 card?

Tokens are in the code. I know how to make tokens. With the card maker.

abut the dragon well everybody hates doma ark

Do not use the word 'everybody' so LIGHTLY. You underestimate the population of the world, the statistics, and the free will of everybody. Don't chain them by false, thoughtless comments-

...Sorry about that outburst, I just had to say it. ^_^"

Anyway, I express my utmost relief at this issue finally being addressed. If we're lucky, we can restore YCM back to its former glory (which I don't remember).

But also, as stated earlier, it would be nice if there was an option in the Yugioh Card Maker that redirected to the forum. Many a newbie failed to notice the existence of a forum, as was the case with me. Can you give that suggestion to the team? It would help boost YCM's activity more.

Also, to fit along the lines of realism why make a template for something that only fits 1 card?

It's just that, if they're so easy to incorporate, why not? It makes more people happy, and it isn't unrealistic to the point that there are already no such existing cards.

Besides the curent cardmaker has a hidden option to make Tokens.

I'm actually kind of relieved to hear this. (For previously stated reasons.)

I look forward to - but am not expecting (in a positive way) - the new cardmakers release.

So feel free to take your time! Eventually is better than never. ^u^

Ummm that's a lie, I can't still create Xyz monsters, you guys said it was going to be a few years, well guess what? It's been a few years and we can't still create Xyz monsters, that's why I went on Yugico.com, but since the servive is now unavailable, so you guys better allow us to create the Xyz monsters and quick, I'm tired of your lies, I'm lossing my patience with you guys.

I'm serious here, that's why I haven't been active for a month. Now allow us to create Xyz monsters, since I'm loosing my patience with you guys.

And I can't upload an image of Nightmare Doll, Alice to your site, better get us to make Xyz monsters and aloow us to uploads any image too, because I'm really sick and tired of you guys lieing to us and not allowing us to not upload any image.

Ummm that's a lie, I can't still create Xyz monsters, you guys said it was going to be a few years, well guess what? It's been a few years and we can't still create Xyz monsters, that's why I went on Yugico.com, but since the servive is now unavailable, so you guys better allow us to create the Xyz monsters and quick, I'm tired of your lies, I'm lossing my patience with you guys.

I'm serious here, that's why I haven't been active for a month. Now allow us to create Xyz monsters, since I'm loosing my patience with you guys.

And I can't upload an image of Nightmare Doll, Alice to your site, better get us to make Xyz monsters and aloow us to uploads any image too, because I'm really sick and tired of you guys lieing to us and not allowing us to not upload any image.

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

sigh*

To upload something from Yugico bypassing that inability you have for whatever reason, try uploading the card you make over there with a site like Tinypic.

As for the way you are asking, no one cares if you lose your patience. They have already started working on Xyzs, and are planning to update the whole cardmaker with the not outdated design, and possibly make it more efficient, all for free. If it's entertainment for free you have no ground talking like that. Good Day.

OT:

Best news in a while. Good Luck with that project =D

Firstly you say 'you guys' as if it is the entirety of the staffs fault that this has been so monumentally postponed. Secondly, I want you to realize that I am working on this with my own time for the members, that's the whole reason I became a moderator in the first place, to help others through ways that others cannot. I am not getting paid to redesign the cardmaker, I will never even use it seeing as though I no longer have an interest in the hobby, I am literally only doing it because this site and its users deserve the best, If I can provide that, then I don't care for payment. You can also be damn well sure that the only reason no other moderator has redone the cardmaker is because that's not there field, however I guarantee any of my colleagues would jump at the opportunity to help this site in anyway they possibly could, again, not for self-gain, but for the members. You coming on here demeaning them repulses me, the only thing keeping me from resignation is the fact that there are members here who aren't as ignorant as you are. 

You got to be kidding me right? What rights do you freaking have to say this? You're not a publisher giving a realease date, you're not paying money for this to happen, you're simply 1 person out there in the world, who can do what ever you feel like, you do you pay, you do not have limited use, nothing. You have no right to complain over a free product, on a free site with people using their free time on this free product, so stop your complaining and get on with your life and do something else.

*losing

Others have said what I wanted to say anyway, so I'm not going to type it all again. tl;dr: you're retarded, if you're in such a great hurry, use yugico's shitty card generator, or make or download a template. No one is obligated to anyone to do all the work that they did/are doing on the card maker.

After that horrifying post, I'd just like to reiterate, Night, YCMaker, members of the staff, please, feel free to take as much sweet-sweet time as you need.

Eventually >>> Never

"Grima", I think I'll just store that name somewhere in my mind so I remember to never post on any of your god-awful cards in the future.

Yeah, I'm talkin' about your signature.

Oh, and welcome to YCM! ^u^

And no, they aren't adding Dark Synchros, for the exact reason they are anime-only.
Plus, considering the fact they were eventually made into into real Synchros, they still wouldn't have a point to adding them.
[/killjoy]

I don't mean to sound dumb, but aren't Xyz Monsters the "usable versions" of Dark Synchronization Monsters? Initially, they were considering a card type revolving around Dark Synchros, but the designers ditched the idea because a "card type based entirely around an already existing concept with a minor twist" wasn't feasible. So, to incorporate the concept that fans so enjoyed into a playable function, they invented "Xyz" in Zexal. This is all of course speculation on my part, not worth a grain of salt, but from a development perspective- it sure makes a lot more sense to create a whole new type which bears loose similarity to Dark Synchros than to waste an entire card class on a reiteration of a previously designed one. Levels on both the Dark Synchros and Xyzs flow inverse to standard Synchros, and the actual border design is opposite as well. This would lead most to believe that unlike the gray "Dark Synchros",  Xyzs would be a more realistic successor to Synchros.

I don't mean to sound dumb, but aren't Xyz Monsters the "usable versions" of Dark Synchronization Monsters? Initially, they were considering a card type revolving around Dark Synchros, but the designers ditched the idea because a "card type based entirely around an already existing concept with a minor twist" wasn't feasible. So, to incorporate the concept that fans so enjoyed into a playable function, they invented "Xyz" in Zexal. This is all of course speculation on my part, not worth a grain of salt, but from a development perspective- it sure makes a lot more sense to create a whole new type which bears loose similarity to Dark Synchros than to waste an entire card class on a reiteration of a previously designed one. Levels on both the Dark Synchros and Xyzs flow inverse to standard Synchros, and the actual border design is opposite as well. This would lead most to believe that unlike the gray "Dark Synchros",  Xyzs would be a more realistic successor to Synchros.

Dark Synchros and Xyzs are miles apart. Dark Synchros were identical to Synchro monsters except instead of "+" it was "-", so instead of creating a whole new card type, they have already 'ported' all dark synchro monsters to Synchros. It is very unlikely that when making Xyz monsters they had Dark Synchros in mind, and as far as incorporating fan-enjoyed concepts is concerned, if it is like what you said, then they did a very awkward job because Xyzs are, once again nothing like DSs. The ranks/stars being on the left isn't the best reason to compare them, really.

But I still want the template. =]

Dark Synchros and Xyzs are miles apart. Dark Synchros were identical to Synchro monsters except instead of "+" it was "-", so instead of creating a whole new card type, they have already 'ported' all dark synchro monsters to Synchros. It is very unlikely that when making Xyz monsters they had Dark Synchros in mind, and as far as incorporating fan-enjoyed concepts is concerned, if it is like what you said, then they did a very awkward job because Xyzs are, once again nothing like DSs. The ranks/stars being on the left isn't the best reason to compare them, really.

But I still want the template. =]

there's Dark Synchros for MSE if you need it. Though I always found them stupid myself, so I never use them.

Archived