Xyz's and Cardmaker Redesign

Night

...back onto relevant, constructive discussion; I don't suppose there's a realistic estimated time this will be done? Like, maybe 6 months or fewer?

Also, is there a chance of adding a Holo effect to the Card Maker? Its small, but can come across nicely if done well, and its came across popular from the Custom Card creators in GFX.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...back onto relevant, constructive discussion; I don't suppose there's a realistic estimated time this will be done? Like, maybe 6 months or fewer?

Also, is there a chance of adding a Holo effect to the Card Maker? Its small, but can come across nicely if done well, and its came across popular from the Custom Card creators in GFX.

I second this, and would also like to suggest adding Gold Rare trim.

You suppose correctly. From as far as I can gather it's a two step process:

1) Wait for Night and his team to finish their templates
2) Wait for YCMaker to come online and update the cardmaker code

How long each step will take has not been made clear to me.

I second this, and would also like to suggest adding Gold Rare trim.

I think this would be better answered by Night or YCMaker.

tl;dr - Stop getting your hopes up people. It probably won't be a speedy process... probably. -_-

tl;dr - Stop getting your hopes up people. It probably won't be a speedy process... probably. -_-

With all due respect, which IMO should be little due to the tl;dr, there is a difference between getting our hopes up, and clarifying our understanding or making suggestions on the subject. ¬_¬

But, just in case you need that made clear:
[spoiler=Getting Hopes Up]

*Twirl twirl* So am I~ *Twirl twirl* And I can't help it~ *Twirl twirl* I'm a Kirlia~ *Twirl twirl*

[/spoiler][spoiler=Clarity & Suggestions]

[/spoiler]

OT: I assume the whole Saving to sets thing will be affected by this decision; I did see somewhere a Set Delete suggestion, just throwing that into the hat.

In regards to time, I refuse to divulge the possibility of a due date this early on, if ever. I have no problem adding holo effects, however it could be a painstaking process getting them perfect and not having them look too overwhelming. It's definitely an idea I would like to revel in the possibility of, but again, it's too soon to tell whether or not we can expect holo's to make an appearance.  

Seconding the Gold Rare suggestion. It's real easy to do.

Precisely as Judas said, Gold Rares are not much harder to create than the original black border.

The way I see this panning out is first we'll recreate the original templates, and then if enough of the member populous decides they want a these extra additions to the cardmaker and YCMaker agrees to code them in, I don't see why they shouldn't be added. I can foresee the original templates being recreated first and implemented, then have more updates to the cardmaker with the addition of holo's, gold rares, possibly more? Keeping the template design team a permanent thing.

I don't know too much about yugico, but from what I've seen, they don't have holo's or gold rares either, this could be a good opportunity for us to not only catch up to our competitor but also implement something they're lacking in the process. 

Kick ass.

Any idea what coding the card maker uses?

Not a single clue, I'd like to know as well since it would be beneficial to the work effort to know what we can and cannot actually implement. Perhaps even add a coder to the team as back-up for when YCMaker isn't around. 

An earlier poster mentioned justified text.  That I second.  I don't care what else you do with it, but Justified text is my big want.

Yes, we can always write out the lore in the post, but it's annoying to have the effect shrink into the top half of the card's text box.  Makes it even harder to read and not very realistic.

This is really exciting. First bit of real news in awhile.

As for suggestions, definitely the delete set option as Kyng mentioned as well as being able to select multiple individual cards and delete them. I am sure I can't be the only one haunted by the clutter of newbish cards in my saved sections of a time long since past.

This is going to sound stupid but I have to ask.

Will you guys be implementing some new YGO card colors? In case people want to make fake-type cards for AOC like me? MSE can get annoying sometimes and I can't contemplate gimp for the life of me.

If you don't have it already: try Photoshop; I kindly recommend looking up the 4-letter abbreviation of Multi, Player, Game, and Hacking. Then sign up, look under the Graphic Design page, and download the stickied Photoshop CS6 software along with the instructions. GIMP is nice, but far too counter-intuitive in my opinion. If you have any other questions/comments, feel free to message whenever.

I know you guy's sead you wer'nt going to implament this fecere in the past, but since there design is simaler to XYZ's witch are being added into the cardmaker can you guy's PLZ, pritty plz add saport for Dark Sincro monsters?

I know theare mostly anime exclusive and no officel Dark Sincro monsters have bin printed, but thay have bin used in some of the video games and I know a LOT of people (myself included) wouled love it if we were able to make Dark Sincro monsters useing YCM

It wouled also be nice if the YCM update included a some sort of change to distingish the difrent card rareatys besides (common card = Black or wighte text, Rare card = Silver Text, Relly rare cards = Gold Text,) cos as it's set up now Super Rare cards look like basic commons dispite being labeled as rare and Secrit Rare dispite being the 2ed highest rareaty seting looks just like a normol rare card

Oh and 1 last thing, I've noticed an error were sometimes the end ATK and DEF card values get cliped off by the editer, I'm not shure if you guy's had noticed that ishue but I wanted to make sure as it can be relly anoying

And no, they aren't adding Dark Synchros, for the exact reason they are anime-only.
Plus, considering the fact they were eventually made into into real Synchros, they still wouldn't have a point to adding them.
[/killjoy]

Actually, while they're at it, they could add Dark Synchros, because they have been used in the Tag Force games and it uses the same template as Xyz with the "ranks" and background changed. Plus DS is a type of existing card. If they really are totally revamping the card maker they might aswell add a big bunch of new features.

Archived