Legend Moon [IC/PG-13/Started/Always Accepting] *sequel*

Merci

"No, I feel this is not the time for talking." Feredir stated, waving away the boy's offer of a chat. He instead turned to look at the darkening skies, sighing to himself and pulling his robe tighter around him as the winds picked up. "A worrying omen. The trees, they speak little and hurriedly." He muttered to himself, almost inaudible to the others around him. A deep fear has gripped this place. The nights ahead will not be easy. He mused, turning back to the boy with an almost pitying look upon his face.

"I suppose it would be ill manners not to offer shelter in the face of a storm. You shall accompany us for now." He said, his voice slightly more relaxed, though he seemed a little distant.

"The mansion shouldn't be too far, right Aro? I suggest we set off immediately, so as to avoid as much of the rain fall as possible. It should be arriving in an hour, perhaps two if we're lucky." Feredir said, having to raise his voice at the last part as a clash of thunder echoed from the direction of the storm, causing most of the horses to jitter, and a flock of birds to erupt from the trees behind them. A wave of his hands and the elvish word for 'peace' managed to calm most of the horses, but the expression on Feredir's face darkened slightly, and he turned his head in the direction of the storm, worried for the forest and for themselves. "We should leave now. Boy..." He turned to face the younger elf, leaping up onto his own horse without taking his eyes off him. "Come, sit with me. Glandur is as grand a steed as you may ever ride, so I would advise you not to reject the offer."

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(OOC: imma name my blade ShadowTongue.)

Lukas heard a voice behind him. He turned his head , then his body, in a snake-like motion, towards the voice, aiming his now towards the voice.. "Wha- how did you see through my cloak?! It does not matter. You should be honored. You are about to have your life ended for a purpose. I am no mindless killer." He un-drew his bow, and drew Shadow Tongue from its sheath. "You see this? It's named Shadow Tongue. The moment I even prick you with this, your living being will be stripped away, and given to me. Too bad I'm full. Innocent children really do fill you up." He said, smiling. He redrew his bow. "Instead, I'll save you for later, wolves really are a nice meal." He said as he released the arrow towards the voice. He gathered up some shadow, and formed claws sharp enough to rip through the air and mist around him. He then expanded the shadow towards the voice, pushing the mist and encasing the voice in the Darkness. "Your in my domain now." He sized up his enemy, now able to see. He seemed an easy enough kill, though he knew he shouldn't under estimate anyone. "Ready to die?"

Outside of Wylfred's Mansion, Beside the Mist

"You would be a fool to face one of the survivors of the Myriad Truth." Jeremy said as he then suddenly disappeared as if he was smoke and mirrors. In fact, what the shadows grabbed hold of, was an illusion. Being an assassin of Myriad Truth has its benefits by manipulating an enemy's environments and fooling their senses. Jeremy was still hidden. But not for long. "Do you play me for a weakling? You are as mindless as a vegetable for actually believing that I can be captured so easily. The Myriad Truth surpass you far more than what you can imagine." He then appeared behind the intruder. "You cannot kill..." He then reappeared in front of him, the tip of Jeremy's sword being pushed up under the intruder's chin. "...what has been killing you for centuries."

"Ahhh. The Myriad truth you say? I apologize for underestimating you." Lukas said, showing a look of utter confidence. Deep down though, he was worried. He was worried that this would be his last breath. That he would never find his true parents, never reach his full potential. He smiled slyly. "A fellow assassin. We may kill for different reasons, but in reality, we are quite similar. Perhaps we could work something out..." As he said this, he quick stepped back, and would slash the sword out of his face with the claws if the man tried to put it on his chin again. "My name is Lukas. May I have the pleasure of knowing my possible partner in crime?" He said, already worried. He generated a hand of shadow to move Shadow Tongue out the line of sight of his assailant, worrying that if he was captured he would have it taken away. A small part inside him wished for that to happen, for the insanity to leave him. But it was quickly overcome by the thought of the pleasure and happiness the blade brought him. "So, can we try to not kill each other tonight. I respect Myriad Truth, and would rather not have to fight tonight." He was trying to keep a confident look, but it was starting to slip...

Wylfred's Mansion

Sir Wylfred sighed, and then smiled warmly. "It's okay, Lance, I forgive you. All you did was welcome our guests, after all." He stated in a calm voice, before turning back to the human girl. She appeared to be terrified out of her own mind, even though it had been her own choice to come here. It was silly, really. She was stumbling about with her words, trying to say something... something about a medic? No, perhaps he had just misheard.

Afterwards, he turned around to face the duo. "So what are your names?" Wylfred asked politely.

This reply made Lance's heart drop for a moment, as he was relieved that he was safe...for now. "T-Thank you, Sir Wylfred." he said, with a small nod. He watched Wylfred return to talking to the duo, apparently he had more business to take care of. "I won't intrude any longer, Sir Wylfred. I'll take my leave right now." Lance said, as he walked away, allowing the trio talk. But something was still bugging him...what was going on earlier before he got down here to see Wylfred? He just thought about this, as he made his way through the halls. Something tells me...this isn't the last we'll see of that person...and I'm feeling...next time...it won't be a great meeting. he thought, sliding his hands into his pockets.

Hearing all the talk about getting to shelter before rain arrived, Kate was somewhat confused, having never really seen rain and storms as something to try and get out of. "A storm coming, brilliant. I don't see why we are about to flee it." Lyon let out a sigh at her statement, before replying, "You forget that there are people who don't enjoy playing with rain, or that have an easy way to get dry again afterwards even if they did." Giving a thankful nod towards Feredir for calming the horses, both Lyon and Kate mounted their horses, before Lyon turned to the group to say one more thing. "If the rain does hit before we reach Scarlet Legacy Mansion, I can redirect it around us until we are undercover in the mansion." Starting to move forward on their horses, even as the wind picked up and started to blow harder, they followed after Alsa in the direction the carriage had gone.

Outside Wylfred's Mansion

"Hm, my name is not of any importance." said Jeremy. "If you wish to 'work something out', then allow yourself to be a prisoner for Sir Wylfred. I work for him, so it's only right for me to take you in, as you are an intruder. It is only temporary, and it would be far less of a risk to the life you dare so hold on to then attempting to kill us lycanthropes." He then began to walk around Lukas, examining his capabilities of manipulating the shadows to his whim. "It seems as though I have misjudged you. But had you been apart of my now-destroyed organization, you would learn to see it as unneeded. But I digress. Now, if you don't mind..." Jeremy then took out what appeared to magical bondage handcuffs as it seemed to give off an eerie, ominous light blue glow to it. "...to ensure that you do not retaliate against any fools in the mansion who may urge you to kill, you must wear this over your wrists to make sure you don't use your powers." He then handed Lukas the cuffs. "Now, follow me, would you?"

Noldor would look at Feredir as he opens his mouth to reply, "I thank you Feredir,if it is not too much of a problem,should we be able to pass by Noirlune I left my bow for repairs there,as a human." Noldor would climb upon to steed after picking up his belt with the sword,behind Feredir on the horse  as he waits for him to ride his horse,and also for him to answer to question to be able to go back to Noirlune. "Feredir, If you don't mind me asking..how are you still alive?" said Noldor as he asks this in a childish way. His belt would be fastened on his waist his sword sheathed into his holster,and his quiver of arrows on his back he would be ready for Feredir to take off on his horse with the group and perhaps to Noirlune.

Lukas didn't like the idea, but it was his only option to stay alive. As the handcuffs clipped on, he felt the darkness his powers slip away though. The blade though, pushed back, and it still kept its grip on Lukas. If Jeremy had looked closely, he would have seen the cuffs turn slightly more purple, not much, but enough to be recognizable if you were looking for to it. "Your wolf friends, I assume you'll be keeping them away from me. I would much more valuable to you and your master alive, I can assure you." He said, ashamed to be asking for protection from the enemy, but he had no choice. He Walked along with Jeremy, talking. "Soo, you got any family? Any wolf friends, or fellow assassins? What's it like to be a werewolf, I bet it's a little tiring, not being able to sleep at night." He was trying to lighten the mood, keep the focus of killing Lukas. "I must ask you, how I'd you see through my cloak? Not many have that sort of ability.."

"My family was the Myriad Truth." said Jeremy. "Only one other from the befallen organization survived in such a way as I did. But I know little about him, though. But that means nothing." Jeremy then stopped in front of the door to the mansion. He remained silent for a few seconds until he spoke again. "Your cloak is what assassins use during novice training. We learn how to use it, and then learn how to see through them. I was the only one to naturally be able to look past those inferior shadows from the start of the lesson." He then opened the door and began to look for Wylfred, being as quiet as possible to ensure they are not caught, which was easy for Jeremy to do. But because Lukas is restricted of his power, he'll need to take things slowly, for both their sakes.

Eventually, they came across Sir Wylfred and Jeremy gestured Lukas to stay where he was. He then noticed a duo talking to Sir Wylfred, one of which had that tempting smell f human blood and flesh. He then knelt down before Wylfred. "Apologies for the interruption my lord, but I have come across an intruder." he began. "He is apprehended and has complied to being interrogated for any possible information on our current task at hand, and even our goal." He then brought the cuffed Lukas in. "I also agreed to a deal he had. If we obtain information that will be the slightest bit helpful, in exchange we shall also help him with whatever he needs and not be permitted to be our dinner for tonight, or any day. Any thoughts my lord?"

Lukas quickly stepped forward. "I-I, I am also a great assassin, s-sir. Obviously not as good as your's, but I assure you I could be of great assistance." He said, stepping forward, but still behind his captor, to ensure that he wasn't attacked not that he appeared as a threat. "I could even join you, if I may. I must say, though, I am partially vampire, and I'm afraid of what the effects of the lycanthropy might do to me. I could do anything you needed, anything you liked." He said, eventually stammering to a stop and stepping back, he then kneeled to show that he was no harm, making sure the blade was still hidden.

“Alright then, we’re off,” Aro replied again mounting his horse he joined the group heading to the mansion. Looking back at the mist Aro’s lips tightened, he had failed. He wanted to keep his wife safe from danger, but instead she had been thrust right into, and all because he hadn’t been there for her. Aro shook his head; self-pity would get him nowhere, and wasn’t bringing his wife back any sooner. Turning back towards the front Aro shook the reins of his horse gently realizing he had again fallen behind.

Moments after the group arrived at the gates of the mansion the head guard, Yukuna opened the gates, letting them in. “So far we have not experienced any werewolf attacks, but my guards on constant watch sir,” Yukuna said walking alongside his horse.

“Thank you Yukuna,” Aro replied continuing forward across the large pathway leading to the mansion.

As she left the head guard turned, a solemn expression on her face, “Don’t worry sir, we’ll find her. I promise.” With that Yukuna turned and left returning to her patrols of the mansion.

Once in the mansion the party was again greeted by Haruna, “You may choose any of the guest rooms on the second floor, and any facility located in the mansion is yours to use,” with her next statement she looked specifically at Alexandria, “We request that you remain civilized at all times. In one hour one of the servants will be at your room, for the rest of your stay here he or she will be at your beck and call should you need anything. Thank you.” Blunt as ever the maid left without another word, retreated to what was the kitchen.

“So if I may ask what is our first course of action?” Aro replied, and though he left the question open for anyone to answer, he looked specifically at Alsa.

----

Deep under the Scarlet Legacy Mansion in a secret chamber known only to Niasa, the shadows deposited Freyr. Wavering he stumbled over to the table in the center of the room cursing the weak body of his host. The powerful spell and long distance coupled with the fact that he didn’t have full control over Niasa’s body left Freyr weak, and struggling to maintain control.

Scattered around the room were life-like mannequins of which Freyr had tried to transfer his soul into trying to free himself of Niasa whom he considered in imperfect host. For better or for worse these attempts had failed, due to the fact that the relationship between Niasa and Freyr’s souls was much more complex than that. Freyr’s soul was latched on to Niasa, an easy way to look at it would be like a cancerous growth on the body, the growth was now a  part of Niasa as much as she was a part of the growth. Except unfortunately all attempts to remove the growth had ended in failure.

Clutching his head Freyr collapsed to his knees falling into unconsciousness, and returning the body to Niasa, but considering the amount of mana of hers Freyr had used and the fact that she was exahausted from the possession Niasa remained unconscious. 

Sir Wylfred's Mansion, by the door

"...So you are willing to become a werewolf?"

While Sir Wylfred was annoyed by this interruption, he couldn't help but be intrigued by this newcomer...no, the man himself was unimportant. There was something far, far more.

"It isn't guaranteed that hybrids can become one of us. There's a fifty-fifty chance that you'll die as a vampire...but then again, you aren't an ordinary hybrid, are you? Not with that."

With a wave of his hand, the knife this hybrid was attempting to conceal flew out of his possession and into Wylfred's hand. He may have cried out, but the silver-haired man didn't care. This...object...emitted the exact same aura as the demon from earlier. In other words, it either had a demon imprisoned within or it had come from the realm of demons themselves. As he turned around to glance at Gnarl and the human, something told him that these sequences of events were not coincidences. There was something about this knife that made him think. He was tempted.

All of a sudden, he plunged it into the first being that entered his sight - Gnarl. Stabbed in between the ribs, the giant werewolf collapsed to the ground, crying out inhumanely as if all his senses were being eroded with the fires of hell. Ordinary werewolves couldn't even feel the stab of a knife, let alone this brute, but then...Gnarl's eyes widened for a moment, before the light drained away...

Then a dark burst of energy erupted from the wound and threw Sir Wylfred onto the floor, while the electric lamps around them malfunctioned and died.

For a short while, the entire mansion experienced nothing but darkness and the sound of pouring rain, stormy clouds having engulfed the sky above.

When Wylfred had gotten up and recovered from the blast, the gigantic, enigmatic werewolf was already dead...by the mere stab of a knife. The lights flickered back on.

"What the.....hell....?"

Getting up, he pulled the knife back out of the huge corpse. As he did, a sudden wave of energy raced into his arm and throughout his body, his body becoming even more toned as his hair gained spikes that stood up, and along with it; unbelievable power. He felt like he could incinerate all of Noirlune in less than a minute - not that he wanted to. But still, now there was NOTHING that could stand in his way. The defenses of the Tellurion meant nothing to him now. Azami could hide it no longer. He didn't need their help. There was no reason for him to be afraid any longer. Now, NOW he could achieve his ultimate dream of...

A moment of silence passed until he regained his insanity.

Then he threw the knife back to Lukas without hesitation.

"You..". Unsure what to say, Wylfred shook his head to clear it all away.

"You did just say you could do anything I needed or liked, correct? In that case " While Wylfred was shaken from the unexpected loss of a comrade, but it couldn't be helped. Regaining his composure, he wore a serious look. "I will give you a choice, demonic hybrid. You can either die where you stand and become dinner......or you can put that life on the line and let yourself be infected by lycanthropy. Then you must become this girl's," he gestured to the human, "New guardian, defending her from all other lycanthropes for as long she lives. Which do you choose?"

Wylfred's Mansion, Front Door

This wasn't the type of sight she expected, the large Wolfy person suddenly falling to the ground with a loud thud, leaving her eyes wide in shock, however she had already sensed it a while ago, the blade used to pierce his chest was what did it, using the Alpha's body as an instrument to move, she couldn't blame him, but it was just something shocking to see, once he threw the blade back to it's owner, she soon allowed herself to fall to her knees to see if she could heal the large Lycan. However before she could even charge magic to her hands, she could feel the connection to nature was severed, leaving her with her head down in slight sorrow. There wasn't anything else she could do, but it seemed that the Alpha wasn't going to kill her yet, as he "assigned" her a new "guardian". Seeing as his aura was extremely tainted......she wasn't sure how this would play out.....

Lukas reached for the blade as it flew out of its sheath, but he wasn't fast enough, his body wretched, and he fell to the ground for a moment, in immense pain and withdrawal. As the blade came back, he quickly crawled over to the blade and picked up, cradling it. "It's okay now, we're together again." He said, slowly regaining the small amount of sanity he had. He stood up, and forced himself to nod. He would have to try it, it was his only option. "Y-yes sir, that sounds great. I am a little apprehensive, but like I said, anything to help." He said, trying to manipulate the blade back into its sheath. He prepared himself for them in that he knew would come, tightening all his muscles.

Sir Wylfred's Mansion

"Good. You better survive this."

Snapping his fingers, Jeremy took the magical handcuffs off on orders, and Sir Wylfred went on to quickly grip his right shoulder in case he tried to run away, with sharp nails digging into his skin - though it was nothing compared to what was to come. Leaning in until he was at the hybrid's neck, lips brushing against it, his head exploded with fur for a moment as it twisted into a more wolflike form with crimson eyes, a noticeably darker greyish fur, and powerful fangs that looked as if they could tear apart a elephant.

It was these same fangs that snapped together, plunging into the space directly above Lukas's heart.

Lycanthropic venom raced from them as they were injected into his bloodstream. A burning sensation that was spreading throughout his whole body, threatening to consume him. It carried out death, but whether he succumbed to it or not was a matter of both genetics and willpower. Even if he survived this, he would only serve to become a werewolf abomination that would no doubt be different from the others in one way or another; the result would be unpredictable.

Each and every hybrid is different from the other. While humans and vampires were biologically similar to each other, they each possess genes the other do not, and these genes can mix in - or they may be excluded utterly. The result may sometimes even become something completely different from either a human or a vampire. And even if they do appear to be a perfectly stable child, the same cannot be said on the inside.

How lycanthropy works is unknown, but it affects mostly human cells, while generally proves a bad reaction to vampire cells. But do not be mistaken - this does not mean that any infected hybrid will have their 'vampire half wiped out'. All hybrids, from birth, have hybrid cells, not half-human cells half-vampire cells. So a hybrid could theoretically be proven capable of becoming a werewolf, but they could also die. One, and perhaps the only example of this is Lohki Ahxu LaCrux, who is currently sleeping in Wylfred's Mansion.

Even then, it isn't that simple. While lycanthropy itself is exceedingly complex and involves various factors for their existence in the first place - some of which defy the very laws of physics, meaning that there must be some magical element involved - to break it down simply, it inserts the genetic 'data' of the 'werewolf half' into human cells while latching onto them like a virus, and awakens mostly under the radiation of a full moon, or something equivalent like the crimson moon...

...However, the reaction of attempting to insert data into a hybrid cell is unpredictable, there is simply no telling what could happen. It is like giving medicine to mice. It may have a positive effect, or it may have a completely unrelated and unexpected negative effect. The 'wolf'-ish data may morph into a completely different animal or even plant, it may explode into werewolf form permanently, it may simply mutate the host into something else with enhanced abilities, or nothing may happen at all, like carrying a disease without feeling its effects. It may give the hybrid host immortality, or it may cut their life extremely short. It may even materialize as a separate personality, based on foreign material, memories, psychological condition, and once again, genetics.

Anything can happen when it comes to genetics.

But one thing is for sure.

It damn hurts.

While the hybrid writhed on the ground, Wylfred glanced at Lance. "I'm so sorry you had to see this, but...it's for his own good. Better a monster like him, than an innocent like her."

Wylfred's Mansion

Almost nothing surprised Jeremy anymore. But the moment he saw Lukas writhing on the floor in pain, he felt the slightest chill down his spine as to what would come about this. A hybrid, infected by lycanthropy. It seemed like madness, or the slightest bit to Jeremy. The fact that a Hybrid could possibly have either possibility of an effect of either a human or a werewolf seemed impossible. But, because the world is progressed through chance, there is no possible determinant on how it is that a Hybrid shall be effected by the infection, especially since it came from Sir Wylfred's fangs. That made the determinant even more difficult to understand. Even though Jeremy has learned to overcome fear and set it aside, what he had just seen could not keep the fear of what just happened at bay. He started to feel fear again, even though it was small, but now he knows that once it comes back, it can only escalate and lead to making possibly the worst decisions in the life he had lived, a former assassin of the destroyed Myriad Truth.

Jeremy watched as the infection ran its course through Lukas' veins. If you survive this, you shall have my support in your goals. he thought. He began to wonder if he should do something. And then, he decided to ask the question that might let the horrors steep in Lukas' mind without anyone around. "My lord, should we place him within a dungeon cell to prevent retaliation if he survives?" he asked. "I only ask because we do not know what will happen once things begin to run its course. It would be better for him to be sealed up to allow himself to calm down for some time." He didn't expect if Sir Wylfred would follow suit with Jeremy's suggestion, but he knew it was the only way that he could be protected until he can gain control of the rage inside him. That is, if he survives what the infection shall do to his body. We won't know the survival rate of Hybrids coming in contact with the infection unless more of them come forth and do the same. But the chances for that seemed slim, if any others would ever come across this mansion again. But one thing is certain. Any other humans that come about, he won't take any more chances.

Wylfred's Mansion

Lance became sick to his stomach at watching this. But another feeling rose within him...what was it? Guilt? Sorrow? Hate? ...Or was it a mixture of all three? He remained silent as he finally heard Wylfred speak to him: "I'm so sorry you had to see this, but...it's for his own good. Better a monster like him, than an innocent like her." "D-Did it really have to be like this...?" he finally spoke, as he slowly lifted his head, looking at the hybrid, before turning to Wylfred. Whenever Lance heard or witnessed something like this...something inside him just didn't sit right with him. And times before...he would never mention it aloud...but now...it was different.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sd1rLFfPKE]Naruto Shippuden OST ~ Hyouhaku[/url]

"T-There could've been another way...there just could've..." Lance said, as he slowly turned to leave. "But...as long as an innocent wasn't hurt..." After that, he trailed off, digging his hands into his pocket as he walked away from the small group.

Wylfred's Mansion

Amisi couldn't stand watching the poor man suffer like that, she knew she couldn't control the outcome, but it was possible for her to go ahead and ease his pain if only slightly, after closing the large wolfy persons eyes she turned her body to the hybrid person, clapping her hands together until they had a vibrant green glow, she them placed her hands on him, the light slowly covering him, it didn't affect his cells, but instead the magic from her hands calmed down his nerves, slowly shutting them off one by one to dull the pain, it was impossible for her to negate the pain, not on such a small level, but she only hoped she could help. As her magic began coursing through him she felt more then just his physical pain, she also felt something deeper, probably coming from the blade he held, was that causing him pain as well? It seemed apparent that the land of Lath was almost nothing but pain, something she wished desperately to cure.

Lukas fell to the ground, writhing in pain. He struggled to stay alive, and every once and a while, he would start to slip. In those moments, he saw a fiery demon form, constantly changing shape, trying to grab him. He fought for only a few minutes, but the pain made it feel like hours. The last time he saw the demon, it grabbed hold of his arm, and he felt scorching pain. The demon started to pull him, and Lukas began to accept his fate. He was almost a little happy inside, a little glad it was over, but was worried about the pain that would follow. He felt something tugging from the outside, easing the pain. It wasn't much, but it was enough for him to grab onto, a little sliver of hope. He pulled himself back out, and the pain was almost gone. He backed himself into a wall, gasping for breath. "Th-Th" he forced, trying to thank the woman he hardly knew for saving his slipping life. He exhausted himself while asking, and stopped trying, waving his hand in the most thankful way he could. He now had three forces inside them, and two of them wanted control. He could feel the blade and the werewolf fighting for control, and eventually, the blade kept control of the body. He tried to stand up, but quickly fell, realizing his knees wouldn't take him even close to the door. He sat down, and recollected himself. "Thank you. I am forever in debt to you. You have no idea what you have done for me, I will talk to you later." He said, then turned himself to Wylfred. "Is it okay of I rest here for a while? That has completely drained me. I feel, strange inside. Powerful. But on the outside, right now, I'm weak."

[b]Noirlune Spire[/b]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Y8BSzPiUI]SoundTeMP - Aeon[/url]

Clicking her fingers, a hatch opened in the ceiling far above and a spiraling staircase came crashing down. Hitting the floor with great force, it didn't shatter even though it appeared to be made of glass. And the floor appeared unharmed either. It was quite high as it reached even higher than the rafters, and without bars, one could easily fall off if they weren't careful - which Azami expected of everyone to be.

"Come." She beckoned to them, and began walking up. Presumably, the resistance members followed close behind her. "Watch your step. You are all about to witness something very few have ever seen; the interior of the Noirlune Spire."

Once they all got to the top, they found themselves in a small room, and Azami standing nearby within a spacious elevator that probably took up the entire width of the spire. But if that were the case, then there wouldn't be much space for the other rooms, would there? Paying no attention to this, she waited until everyone had gotten inside until she pressed a button near the middle. The elevator doors closed, and with a slight rustling began heading upward, although it still moved much smoother than a modern elevator. It took the entire Resistance up, higher and higher. This would last for about a few minutes until they arrive, and Azami took this time to talk more.

"When we reach our destination, you'll all be put through a tried-and-true operation that will simulate a werewolf within your mind. I call it the Aeon." The Doctor informed them. "What's going to happen is that you'll all be placed in a pod, where you'll then enter a dream state. Then the pod will ground your imagination and insert data of the average werewolf into it. You'll be asleep for the next three hours, but should you die inside the dream, you can relax, for you'll wake up."

The doors parted and they walked out into a remarkably spacious room, about twice as large as an average classroom. The walls were metallic with strange runes etched onto them, dim lights, and a window that showed the amazing sight of Noirlune in all its entirety with heavy rain pouring over it. An exceedingly rare view. Unfortunately, the sight didn't reach out further than the mist. A dozen futuristic pods with were lined up against the walls, about fifteen in all, with glass screens colored pads attached to them that apeared to be the controls. Whatever all this was......it definitely wasn't from the world they knew. Especially since this room shouldn't even fit inside the spire.

"Just as a warning, this process will usually rely upon your own memories to create the surroundings. Usually." Azami intoned. "Now, I have no idea how your mind works, nor the circumstances, nor how long it would take from your perspective, so anything can happen in there...but it will feel real. They say that the mind is your own greatest enemy. We don't have much time left, and this was the quickest method I could think of to speed training up."

With a slight chuckle, she stepped aside for the others to exit the elevator, and all the pods opened up. The inside looked comfortable enough, cushioned and all, and was big enough to fit even a werewolf. Apparently, she expected them to lay inside.

---

-08:40-

Wylfred's Mansion

Sir Wylfred didn't know whether to be surprised or pleased that the transformation had taken so quick. As expected, he had survived. With such an accursed knife, there was little doubt that the hybrid would have survived it. But now another question had sprung up; what he was capable of now. While Wylfred didn't doubt in his own abilities to subdue him should it ever come to that, this hybrid werewolf may be capable of almost anything. He almost regretted returning the knife, but it was way too late for that now. All he could do was nod.

"Of course. You're one of us now, uh..." Realizing something, he smiled faintly. "...I had forgotten to ask you. What is your name?"

-----

Scarlet Legacy Mansion

Upon arriving, Lord Alsa jumped off his horse and entered the mansion, followed by the others, just as the rain had begun pouring upon them. He nodded with a smile as Haruna greeted the group of veterans, and then wore an uncertain expression as Aro asked the question.

"Well...me, Lyon, and the others should be able to disperse the mist enough for us to enter." He said. "After that, we'll take on the werewolves full force, and then evacuate the citizens. It's straightforward, and the best plan I can think of at the moment..." Given the headache that was coming back, thinking was difficult. "But if anyone has any better ideas, plesae speak up."

Noirlune Spire

Richard was highly reluctant about what Azami had planned for training the Resistance. He just remained quiet for the most part to prevent getting "the look" from Azami. If she breaks this team, then she had just ruined the only chance of taking out the threat of the lycanthropes. But one thing circulated in his mind. What if the werewolves' intentions were not as evil as he had originally intended? What if they are in a sense fighting for their freedom? Maybe, killing is not their intention. But then again, Richard had heard of reports that the Alpha known as Sir Wylfred had a right-hand man. A Hitman, so to speak. He would know soon enough who this man is, if he is one anymore. But the fact that this man exists, means that Richard is at risk of being his next target. Now if only he could determine this man's next move...

Richard had listened to what Azami said about what was called the Aeon. It seemed capable of preparing the team, but because it was the only way to speed train these warriors, he was a little nervous as to what this program may hold. Again, he remained silent, not wanting to be ridiculed by Ms. Yamada. When they reached the top of the elevator, the sight was astonishing, and he calmed down slightly. Maybe this wasn't going to be that bad after all. But when Azami moved out of the way, Richard walked up to her and asked, "I assume that I shall join them? I mean, granted, I have to work with them, but do I have to be their 'coach', so to speak? Or, will I just be their ally in the simulation? I'm just curious, is all. I wouldn't want to miss out on what they would be doing." Richard then chuckled, hoping that Azami gives a decent response.

-----

Wylfred's Mansion

Jeremy watched as Lukas was able to regain control of his own body. It seemed like it was a surprise that he lived through it. But he wasn't surprised, not in the slightest. Death was just about as equal a possibility. However, considering this is the first time both a Hybrid has been infected, but also survived as well, shows that survival will happen to some, not all. Now he wonders as to what he should do next, as his job was finished for the day, or at least that's what he assumes currently. Again, Jeremy knelt down before Sir Wylfred. "Shall I be dismissed until I'm given a target, my lord?" He was hoping for the answer to be 'yes', since for once in his time serving Wylfred, this is the first time he felt exhausted. Mainly it's because he actually felt pointless emotions slightly, and it used up his energy more than he realized. Oh well. As long as he can rest, things shall go about smoothly for his next true mission

Lukas stood up, and stated in a clear, more confident tone of voice. "Lukas Verone, sir. I was just wondering, will I ever have to experience pain like that ever again?" He said, in a half joking, half serious manner. He looked at the man next to him, bowing his head, calling the man Sir Wylfred. "Is that what I should call you? Sr Wylfred? Or is that a more informal name, because I like sir, if that is alright." He said, looking at Wylfred questioningly. He the turned to his former captor. "Speaking of names, I never caught yours. What exactly is it?"

There were so many flashing lights and magical colors involved that Adrianna was giddy with excitement. She was off into some magical adventure with her family that somehow had something to do with the dream world. Naturally with her short attention span she was more taken with the elevator than the Doctor's speech. Then came the pods. Though Adrianna didn't speak her mind, her eyes told the whole story that she was shocked and amazed. They looked so clean and shiny like a super toy that would take her far far away. Ironically her idea of what the pods were was pretty close to the truth. She looked up as she was holding her mother's hand and her mother reassured the little one with a nod that everything would be okay. What Adrianna didn't know was that if anything had happened to her the werewolves would become a back burner issue for the prestigious doctor.

Stay calm, be focused, concentrate on your memories Clarian chanted to himself as he was trying to take in every detail that the doctor spoke. One could say he took everything very seriously. To be honest Clarian was pretty worried about the safety of his little sister though if this was a world based on dreams then she might actually be more safe than the other members of the resistance. Her mind had to be a lot more innocent than everyone else. Clarian watched as Adrianna got into her on pod and she looked happy. This made him happy and he quickly followed suit. Once inside he took a deep breathe to still his nerves and calm down. On the plus side he was actually happy with the prospect of fighting a werewolf. It would be a new kind of opponent and it would be interesting to see if anything can match the dormant bloodlust of his father.

Adrian was busy fighting with that ever persistent beast known as boredom. Usually his days were filled with miscellaneous conquest and hunting for the family. He had actually made a game out of it with his son. The game was quite simple there is a giant map inside his house and he and his son go out and viciously slaughter conquer the neighboring villages. Of course his son didn't take so much pleasure in the game yet it was a good training exercise that kept his reflexes in shape. Eventually the two had conquered enough territory to compare to Nuveida. Those were fun days. Adrian was paying some attention to the doctor though. While her display of magics wasn't comparable to that of Lord Elenjar it was cute. He watched as his children got into their pods and close their eyes. Adrian then looked at the doctor sternly. If anything happens to my children outside of death in combat. I will floss with your ovaries. His gaze turned back as he went into his own pod. 

Clair and Latrice were both shocked at the at Adrian's display of parental prowess. Their eyes showed that they truly wanted to gasp but they didn't want to take away from Adrian's moment. Clair was happy to just sit in her little pod. It was almost like a spa day for her even though she didn't splurge on herself much. Pity she didn't get to know all of the other members of the resistance. Latrice decided that it would be nice if she trusted this doctor. Besides no one would jeopardize their fighting force against the werewolves before they get to support the werewolves. They both decided to lay in there respected pods awaiting further instructions.

Last but not least Clarice nodded in approval with her husband and didn't say anything. But she trusted the doctor just surely based on the bonds of womanhood. She was more concerned with the hybrid but that didn't seem to matter now. The doctor spoke as if everyone was equal so she might as well get used to the concept. Besides she could use a nice nap in something that looked so comfortable.

Noirlune Spire, training room

​Brom was slightly perturbed. Training? This was ridiculous. Should anyone here actually need training, then they were more lost than he had originally thought. But, of course it did give him the chance to kill something so he didn't object. It probably wouldn't give him the same satisfaction as killing a real werewolf would have, but even an imaginary dead werewolf was still a dead werewolf. 

Brom stepped into a pod, laying down. He pondered for a moment what he might encounter. If it was based on his memories and imagination, then things might get pretty tough. He had seen some things, imagined some things that he wasn't sure he could dispatch as quickly as he did with most of his targets. Regardless, he wasn't afraid. The unknown was simply that. Nothing to be afraid of.

Archived