Yu-Gi-Oh! The Exiles [In Character, PG-13, Started, accepting]

BANZAI!!!!

Selina looked at the Dragon's meal and giggled "Oh, I'm so sorry, I'll let you finish mister Astrum, I would say hi to your partner, but he's busy flirting, so for now, I bid you adieu, I think maybe you can get along with my Brother's Exile...maybe, he's a bit of a grouch, but I'm sure he'll like the company of another Dragon...." she said nonchalantly as she slowly turned and heard rumbling. "oh.....I guess the opening to the lounge must be over 20 feet....maybe he's hungry, that's not good, he eats a lot..." another step caused her to fall into a chair behind her, the creature coming in was definitely large, but in a sort  of funny development, one could hear the ring of a Duelist Pass being scanned.

Seth had no choice but to give a heavy sigh, he had already walked close to the others when he heard the footsteps, and turned in their direction. "You couldn't wait for room service you damned lizard?" he said in an irritated tone, waiting for his "partner" to arrive. Though there were no foot steps for quite a while, usually understandable, as no matter how tall an entrance was, it was still usually difficult for Noxus to get through, sometimes you just need Taj Mahal sized entrances to get anywhere with that behemoth.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So he is an Exile." Zane thought to himself when Leah mentioned her tall, silent companion by name. "A new deck, huh? That must mean that you're an exile, am I right?" Zane asked, directing his question at both Justice and Leah simultaniously. When she mentioned his cheek, he quickly touched it with his hand to cover it up. "Really, don't worry about it. It 's fine and it doesn't hurt, I promise. Its just a bit red is all. Besides, it was my fault for not watching myself anyway." He laughed a little bit, trying his hardest to hide the fact that it was indeed painful. The last thing he wanted was to come off as weak. Besides, he honestly did want to make a good first impression, especially considering the fact that he could practically feel Justice glaring at him. The spirit obviously didn't like him at all, and if he wanted to make some friends, he had to come off as genuine as possible. Zane was about to say something else when he noticed another duelist making his way toward them.

Zane listened to the duelist apologize to him. "SOB was laughing at me?! Great. Bet i look like a loser right now. Oh well. I'll just have to show him up in a match anyway." he thought to himself. When the newcomer, who Identified himself as Matthias, offered him a handshake, Zane took it. He grasped Matt's hand hard enough to cause him pain. Not enough pain to make him react in any significant way mind you, but just enough to let him know who was boss. It was an alpha male type of thing. "Name's Zane Marcer, nice to meet ya." Zane replied, while giving Matt his own friendly smile in return.

"Another Dragon?" Astrum asked Selina as he finished the last of his meat. "Must be pretty large if he's shaking the foundations like that." Astrum was then lost in thought for a moment, until noticed his new aquaintence was departing. "Guess I'll be seeing you around, Miss Selina!" He said to her as she left. Afstrum then turned his body around to tr and get a beter look at the monster that was approaching the entrance.

Leah seemed taken back by Matt's less than graceful introduction. Out of reflex, she said hello back, but she was so confused by this whole thing. Why was she being confronted by so many boys her age? It seemed very strange; she had never gotten this kind of attention before, and there were plenty of girls in the area that were much prettier and sexier than herself. Was it Justice that was drawing all of the attention? Did they think he was her... Leah blushed at the thought. Relationships scared her. The two men met in a handshake in front of her, and she noticed an unusual toughness in Zane's approach to the man who introduce himself as Mattias.

Are they battling over me!? Leah thought to herself in an extraordinarily terrified tone. She did not want to be the subject of a Love Triangle. The mind-numbing sense of competition that would ensue between these two for her sounded simply terrifying. She doubted that would even work on her. She did not care much for meathead guys obsessed with thoughts of superiority. She could not expect anything less from these two duelists though; she was sure that if they ever saw any more of each other, that this would not be the last time she saw this kind of competition.

Leah undid her ponytail and redid it so that it looked perfect; if she was going to be battled over, she might as well look pretty, but that was not the goal in mind here;

"Excuse me, but I was about to go to the food court; I was feeling rather hungry before you two approached us. Join me if you want, but I really do need to eat." that statement seemed rather standoffish for Leah, but when Leah gets hungry, she is not the type of person you want to be on the bad-side of, and the hungrier she got, the less allies she had. As she walked towards the food court, Leah realized what she had signed up for: she just invited both of these guys to come eat lunch with her. What if they thought this was some kind of date!? Leah blushed again. This was going to be a long day.

Leah ordered a small bowl of soup and gestured towards an empty table with 4 seats.

I wonder who I will be teamed up with in this first round. Leah thought to herself, I still need cards for Justice's deck.

(OOC: Sorry for sequence skipping so much, it seemed like the right thing to do)

Luckily for everyone's sanity Selina went back to online dueling for now, she seemed very intent on going ahead and summoning as many Stardust Dragons as she could in every duel, only interrupted when Noxus finally made his way onto the field, he stared down at her and she could only smile while he grumbled in annoyance. "I'm guessing you're brother is doing nothing useful once again" He looks over at the Stardust nearby and his instincts kicked in. "Well Well, you seem familiar, Astrum is it not? I never expected to see such a young Dragon in these ranks...." he stated condescendingly, slowly walking over to him, he may as well have a chat with a Dragon after so long, the last one he had ended with one of them headless, the Koumori Dragon was less then appreciative of that. "Not only that, you're one of those unstable types.......a Synchro...." the way he said "Synchro" seemed to be in disgust.

In the meanwhile Seth had gone ahead and sat back, he just happened to be in the table next to the the trio of....he couldn't say lovelorn seeing as the girl seemed uninterested, but it was entertaining none-the-less. "Oh boy, my favorite sitcom just came on...."two guys that can't take a hint" Love that show" he said disinterested, though he did stare intently at the girl and the Silent Swordsman to her side, thinking to himself. "Now that seems interesting, I'll enjoy seeing two partners of that caliber at work, these other two.....seem like a waste of my time".

Zane turned toward Leah when she broached the question. "Well, to be honest, I was in my way over there when i fell anyway, so sure. No harm in having some company while I eat, after all." He was a little struck by the abruptness of her offer. He probably would have left her be  had she not specifically ask him to eat with her. She seemed like she was getting annoyed, at something, and Zane hoped it wasn't him she was mad at. He'd never been to Gaea before, and he didn't want the first person he met here to dislike him. Especially if she was cute.

"I have to go get some food I left on the counter for my friend. I'm sure he's hungry. I'll be back in a couple seconds." Zane said as Leah made her way to a table. With that, he quickly made his way back to the counter to the counter where his meal and Astrum's second course were waiting. This time, he wasn't going to fall. Zane took careful steps and easily balanced the two containers on his way back toward Astrum, who, to his chagrin, was now staring down a very menacing looking Red-Eyes.

"Yeah, Astrum's my name. Do i know you?" Astrum replied in response to the beast's question. Although the Red-eyes's tone didn't go over well, what really destroyed any good feelings that may have developed between the two was the insult toward his sepcies. "Got a problem with my species, soot?" Astrum replied in a derogatory tone. Back in the spirit world, the White dragons (the blue eyes had come up with it, but it entered stardust dragon vernacular as well when red-eyes began invading their territory) had coined the pejorative term "soot" for those dragons of the red-eyes species. It made fun of their dark scale tone, as well as their preference for volcanic environments. Although this dragon was nearly twice his size, Astrum knew that their strengths were more even than one could glean at first glance. He wasn't afraid to talk back to this guy, whoever he was, and besides, he wouldn't be dumb enough to start a fight in here.

"Oho, quite the language to use to your elder kid, I think I'll grow to like that attitude of yours in the tournament, it's a good thing for you our first meeting was here in a lounge, if this had been outside, well we could have had quite the violent little spat, but for now, I think I'll just enjoy the thought of tearing down those sparkly wings of yours in the tournament". Noxus had always been very avidly against White Dragons, especially those of the Blue-Eyes family, the Star Family were just as bad in his eyes, calling him such a derogatory term was a bit childish, and that was to be expected.

"I was assuming this tournament would be boring, but now I see there really is another Dragon to make it interesting, I don't know who you're partner is, but I'll be interested in turning them into dust......" He was getting anxious, when Seth spoke in thought-speak.

"Noxus....I think that's more then enough, don't let your blood boil so easily, we might not even face them......" he thought unamused, Seth kept on staring at everyone else, It seemed in just a few minutes both Seth and Noxus were making themselves out to be quite rude and uncaring.

"His partner doesn't seem like much anyway.....just leave it all alone, if we face them, good for you, but I'll be bored the whole time..."

Like a shadow, Justice closely followed behind Leah. He was all but pleased when the two boys agreed to join her. Despite his feelings towards the two it was Leah's decision to dine with the boys, so he had to respect that. When he heard Zane's question, regarding him being an Exile, he simply remained silent. He did not see the point in releasing that information, so he left it up to Leah to answer him, if she choose too. As the group traveled to the food court, Justice made sure that the boys kept their distance from Leah. Humans puzzled Justice at time. They exhibited strange behavior that he simply could not comprehend.  For starters he did not understand the concept behind human attraction. How were they able to muster the courage and speak to the opposite sex ? he questioned. Being one of Justice's biggest flaws, he himself was unable to function around attractive duel monsters.  He shaked the questions from his mind to focus on his partner.

When everyone sat at the table Justice remained standing. He took his bowl of soup and set it in front of Leah.

"Go on and have my portion. You will need your strength for the tournament. Oh and when you get a chance I would like to have a chat with you. I want to discuss dueling strategies. It is important for you to know my strengths, weaknesses, and abilities on the battlefield. As well as a set of cards that will complement my unique skills. " He said to her telepathically.

Once Justice was finished he took a few steps away from Leah. He wanted her to enjoy her meal without him shadowing her. He was still in a striking distance but it was important for Leah to feel safe. He took his eyes off Leah, crossed his arms over his chest and stared off into the distance. He appeared to be distracted as if something was plaguing his mind. He stood there with an emotionless face lost in his  thoughts.       

Matt had noticed the firm, tough grip of Zane's right hand after he introduced himself. Clearly this was some sort of challenge, trying to show he was tough, too. Mathias just kept his thoughts to himself, though. Didn't want to start something here. After all, he just apologize to the guy. Matt genuinely was sorry, or so he thought, as probably just wanted to please the girl who introduced herself as Leah. "Jeez, what a doofus I am," Matt thought to himself. He couldn't help but grin, as he was really hoping to face this guy in the tournament. Then they would see who's really the boss around here.

Leah then said she was going over to the food court, and Zane was just headed there himself. They sat down together at the table, as Matt tagged along while trying to refrain from saying something that would just make him seem like even more of a dumbo. Zane excused himself to deliver food to his friend. It was just him, Leah, and the swordsman.

Mathias wasn't entirely sure what to say, and Leah didn't look as if she had anything to add. "So, uh," Matt began turning towards the swordsman, "what's your name? How'd ya meet? Where're ya from? I'm from a small town a little ways from here, the Duel Monsters local champ, don't mean to brag."

He really did mean to brag.

"You guys participatin'? They're announcing the brackets pretty soon, I hear."

The morning was already almost over and noon started to rear it's head, yet Tama is still fast asleep. Even if he only has a thin layer of futon to sleep on, he still finds it  very comfortable. At least, more than having to deal with Rin in the morning. "Hah... Looks like he's still asleep... Well, this'll wake him up." Saying so, Rin went to the kitchen to grab a blowtorch. After returning back to Tama, she turned on the blowtorch and pointed it at his neck. The blowtorch was close enough to create heat to Tama, but not to set him on fire. After a while, Tama opened his eyes and saw Rin and her blowtorch. 

"W-what the hell?! Get that thing away from me!" He said, springing backwards several feet away from Rin. 

"That was easy. Hurry and get dressed. There's a sandwich I made earlier for breakfast." Rin turned off the blowtorch and crossed her arms. 

"Get dressed? What for?" Tama replied. 

"The cake shop several blocks down is having a sale." She quickly answered. 

Following Rin's reply, Tama sighed and hastily took a bath. He figured it would be best to follow his exile's wishes, seeing as she would bother him for the rest of the week if he had said "no".

It's been 30 minutes since the morning mishap and the two has just walked out of Tama's house. Rin's face shows her usual gleeful smile, but at the same time, Tama can't help but feel that they'll be in trouble soon. "I've got a bad feeling about this..." Tama said to himself. After a bit of walking, Tama got in the food court Rin was referring to earlier. Turns out that it's not a cake shop that's having a sale, but rather a small restaurant in the food court near a plaza who happened to serve cake. Rin got rather excited and pulled Tama to a table. After they got seated and placed their orders, Rin looked to her side and noticed a woman who was accompanied by a swordsman and several other guys, one of which is a tall swordsman who piqued Rin's interest. 

"Hey, Tama. You see those people over there?" She asked. 

"Yeah, what about them?" He replied with little interest. 

"That tall swordsman guy is kinda cool, isn't he? He's strong, mysterious and rather cute. He's also an Exile to boot." Rin said in a rather love-struck voice.

"I don't care about him. I'm not gay, you know. What, you're falling in love or something?" Tama replied while sipping his tea. 

"Well, he's like, 10 times more attractive than you are." Rin countered Tama in a condescending tone. 

"Are you trying to piss me off?" 

"Perhaps. Tee-hee." 

Following their banter, Rin's strawberry cheesecake was placed on their table. Naturally, Rin's eyes glistened with joy while Tama is still thinking how he's going to pay the bills. 

"Elder my ass. I'd like to see you even try and start something in here." Astrum said. He spoke aloud this time, in the draconic language that his vocal chords were designed to articulate.  Even in this tongue composed mostly of hisses and growls, his acidic tone still managed to be discernible to the humans around him. Something about this dragon made Astrum lose his cool. Quite the feat indeed considering the fact that the dragon had spent a good portion of the last seven years reigning in Zane. "If our partner's do end up against each other in the tournament, you can bet I'll enjoy wiping that smug attitude right off of your oversized beak." With that, Astrum turned around to see Zane approach with the second half of his meal. "What took you so long?"

"Long story. I found some people we can go eat with." Zane looked past his dragon to see Noxus off a few feet away. "Who's that?"

"My prey."  Astrum replied, with a special delight. He hadn't been this excited about a fight in awhile.

"It's not like you to get this excited about a fight. Must be something special about him."

"You could say that."    Suddenly a mischievous grin appeared on Astrum's face.   "I can tell there's something special about that female you met."

"What are you talking about?"

"I can smell it all over you. You've been trying to impress a female. I've gotten this scent from you enough times to know what it means, Zane."

Zane's face got a little red, and his welt got redder. "I really hate it when you read me like this. Look, she's cute, that's all. I just met her." Zane shook his head with frustration. Sometimes, it seemed like Argentum Astrum knew him too well.

"I'm sure she is. Its pretty strong smelling, after all." Astrum let out a little laugh. He always found human mating rituals to be so entertaining. They seemed so pointless to him. If they wanted to mate, why didn't the humans just get it out of the way and move on?

"Just come back with me, ok?"

"Fine, fine. Thanks for the food, by the way."

Finally some gratitiude. "You're welcome. Now come on, I don't want them to think I bugged out on 'em." Zane turned back around to lead Astrum toward the table. The dragon complied. It was best not to tease Zane too much at times like this. He tended to get a bit ornery when he was tired, and Astrum was sure that trying to befriend this female, whoever she was, was only exasperating the situation. On their way to the table, he spoke to Zane once again. "Just remember that we have to duel today. I'll be damned if I lose my shot at that dragon just because you got distracted."

"I know. I'll be fine, trust me. I'm not enamored with her or anything, I just think she's cute and I want to get to know her better while we're in town."

"If you say so." The pair made their way to the table, and Zane made room for Astrum to stand next to him. The dragon cast a shadow over the table as Zane introduced him. "Sorry about that. This is Astrum, the guy I was telling you about..." As Zane spoke, Astrum took the opportunity to size up everyone at the table, and to get a whiff of the air around them: his preferred way of assessing human social situations. There was another male here too, and, to his surprise, another Exile. A warrior. The dragon took a whiff of the air. "Well she certainly doesn't dislike you, Zane" Astrum thought to himself. "Although it seems you've got a little competition. How cute. That exile, however doesn't find you so entertaining." The dragon smiled a little bit inside, recalling memories of his first few weeks on Earth, when zane had taken him in and helped him adjust. "He just doesn't know you yet, thats all." Astrum then allowed all the individuals at the table to hear his mind's voice. He spoke telepathically. "It's nice to meet all of you. I'm glad we could find some company. After all, this town can get boring really quickly." He raised his head as a form of introduction, and instinctively put his left wing around Zane's shoulder.

It became clear that something  was weighing heavily on Justice's mind. He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he did not notice that Matt was asking him a question. Even if Justice had heard Matt's question it highly unlikely he would answer the boy. Justice was capable of human speech but it was very rare for him to actually speak to others. The two things he valued most in life was trust and respect, neither of which he saw in Matt so far.

Justice remained lost in thought, until something flashed in the corner of his eye. He turned his head and was completely surprised at what, or rather who he saw. A young energetic woman, with bright red hair and a charming smile, sat down at the table near them. Her bright red eyes gleamed like a polished gem.  He stared at her for a moment; curiosity and interest peeked in his face.  The women appeared to be a human but he could sense that she was an Exile. An unwelcomed feeling surged throughout Justice's body, which most likely was butterflies. He clenched his chest tightly and grunted. He turned his gaze from the women quickly and looked towards the ground. He wiped his nose as a few drops of blood  escaped him. He turned the other direction facing away from Leah, trying to hide his red face. Justice felt very weak in the knees. His true weakness was attractive women, because he was painfully shy,  and the red headed woman was very attractive. The sight of her tiny fangs protruding out of her mouth made him smile. His Stern demeanor suddenly became less intimidating.

Justice would have continued to smile but he felt a greater presence approach the table. The thought of the attractive women was wiped clean from his mind once a shadow was casted over the table. Justice recovered himself and turned to face the new presence, which was a mighty white dragon. He immediately took a step closer towards Leah. He knew that the dragon may appear frightening to her.

"Don't worry Leah I'm here for you." He said to her telepathically.

He placed one hand on the hilt of his sword and glared at the dragon. Once he heard the dragon's greeting he removed his hand from his weapon. The dragon seemed friendly but also very powerful. It was rare for Justice to come across an Exile with so much power. His suspensions  about Zane was correct, he was paired with an Exile.

Leah looked up at Justice, he appeared to be distracted by something, but Leah was rather busy herself; so many people were talking to her at one time, it was actually rather frustrating and confusing. She barely liked to talk and out of nowhere it seemed as if she was the talk of the town around her. Matt was introducing himself and asking all kinds of questions, both dragons and warriors were talking to her telepathically, after a small sip of her soup, she took a deep breath and answered each question individually.

"My name is Leah Brassar, and Justice and I have only met recently; we believe there was a reason we were brought together, but we are not so sure of why just yet. I come from a much smaller city than this one quite a while away," Leah said in quick succession, as to finish her sentence as quickly as possible, but to be polite to Matt, she acknowledged his champion moniker, "Oh? So I take it you have been dueling for a while?"

Leah, lost in the conversation with Matt, completely forgot to acknowledge the dragon who had introduced himself, but answered both of Justice's statements whilst answering Matt,

"I would like that Justice, we can go shortly after i have finished my soup; I don't so much want your helping. Are you feeling okay? I can feel something weird emanating from you." Leah was slowly gaining confidence as the conversations went on, as she would need it in order to be polite and finish all of them to the best of her ability.

"Yes, Justice and I are both participating in this year's tournament, with the large gathering of duelists I wanted to be sure to assemble a proper deck for Justice, as my current deck would not support him very well. Do you have a partner of your own, Matt was it?"  Leah took the last spoonful of her soup, realizing that conversation seemed to have no ending in near sight. The best she could do is just let him talk himself out, so that she can finish her deck building.

Sgt. Davidson had unconsciously kept scanning the room while he was talking with Joe. Noticing the two dragon Exiles seeming to start fighting, his hand unconsciously went the pocket the cards he had for self-defence and crowd control were. They're probably not stupid enough to try anything in this small space, but if they meet in the stadium... His worried were somewhat assuaged when the Stardust's partner came back, distracting it. "I'm going to see if the bracket information is up yet. Just shout if you need anything." Sgt. Davidson directed this at Joe as he turned and walked toward the television screen nearest the table where the group he had been keeping an eye on had congregated, deciding that it would be prudent to be close by in case anything happened.

Seeing that the humans were already conversing, Astrum decided that his best option was to talk to the other exile at the table. Sometimes it was difficult to telepathically speak to other spirits, but it could still be done, and since Astrum lacked human vocal chords, it was actually his only option. "So, who might you be?" he asked the swordsman. "I'm Argentum Astrum, its a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Although Astrum introduced himself in a friendly and respectful tone, he was a tad nervous about this other exile. His utter silence troubled him, but i wasn't enough for Astrum to distrust him yet.

Zane sat down just as Leah was responding to Matt's question. Out of the corner of his eye he could see that the surrounding tables were being filled; the lounge was becoming quite crowded. He hoped that the brackets would be announced soon, so that he could get to dueling. As appealing as Leah was, Zane was still here to duel. He hadn't won the Keld district seven championships for nothing, after all. Still, she had invited him to eat with her....  "So, Leah, you said that you have to build a deck around Justice? Wasn't he already in your deck when you summoned him? I mean... that's how Astrum and I met. I figured it was the same for all Exiles, no?" Zane asked, intrigued at Leah's comments regarding her partner.

Leah was again, bombarded with more questions, and Justice seemed to be busier than ever, so she turned towards Zane to answer him, but not before getting a good look at him;

Zane was an interesting looking young man. He had very nice hazel eyes, and his messy hair seemed to add to him in the sense that he was still very much a kid at heart. Leah could appreciate that, he had a plan in life, but was not ready to give up on the simple things. Matt struck her in many of the same ways.

Oh, what a conflict I have gotten myself into. Leah mused to herself in her thoughts as she finally got around to an answer, appropriate to Zane's question:

"No, quite frankly. Justice and I met and... there was a bond that we knew was meant to be trusted. We've hardly known each other for a week, and yet I consider him to be the closest person in my life. I'm not quite sure what my parents would think of me having a new swordsman friend but, to me that does not so much matter; he genuinely cares for me, and that is paramount to me above all else. As for the deck, well I do have one... it is just not quite prepared yet. I was hoping to run into some duelists selling cards so that I could perhaps throw a quick deck together and study strategies for it before the rounds started... I haven't had such luck just yet but, I'm keeping optimistic about it." Leah was feeling a tad cold; a thin-strap, light blue tank top was perhaps not her best choice of clothing. Her very pale lips lost just slightest bit of intensity, as if there was any there in the first place as a faint breeze blew by. Leah rubbed her arms briefly, trying to shield herself from the wind, coming in as the door opened.

"So how long have you known your dragon for?" Leah made idle conversation to draw attention away from the fact that she was incredibly freezing, hoping that both of them did not notice at the same time and begin fighting over her once more.

"Interesting" Zane thought to himself as he listened to Leah speak. He'd never heard of a bound exile that willingly gave his card to a duelist. "This girl must be something special to have that kind of influence on a spirit like that Swordsman." He sat back in his chair a bit, and finished the bite of food he had been chewing. "Well, I'm no card shark, but i do have a few extra cards laying around if you'd like to take a look. I could use a few extra bucks after all, and you can bet I'll charge you less than a merchant would." He gave her a thumbs up, while trying to make it sound as if it wasn't a big deal to him whether or not Leah took him up on his offer. He cleared his throat to further distance his offer from his next topic of conversation. "Astrum and I have known each other since I summoned him during a duel about seven years ago. He's almost like the big brother I never had." Zane happily laughed at the thought of being related by blood to the large, white dragon. Although, for all intents and purposes, the two of them were more or less siblings. They argued like brothers, and they knew each other as well as brothers would. Zane's train of thought was stopped when he saw Leah rub her arms. "You cold?" He asked, in a manner that made him sound a little bit concerned, but not so much that he came off too strongly.

Naoj found her self lucky to have arrived before the listings were up and went to the common area's. If Jazeth was in this world then she would have to receive the shard of his soul that was imbedded in this dimension, truly the quest would be hard and long fought but she would find the piece of her husbands soul and leave this world. She scanned the area  but what she saw was not what she expected to find, Her dark demeanor  became ruthless and evil her aura sensible by humans and even the surrounding Exiles. She stopped and stood before Seth, then swiftly struck him across the face. Her anger mellowed and she later gave a slight loving expression as she grabbed him by the collar and kissed him lovingly, the extreme commotion caused by the sudden spiraling effects would leave the surrounding people and Exiles Baffled and completely ruin moods.

Behind the two a Female Vampire Lord appears by Noxus, and blushes looking up at the large dragon.

(Cue reactions from the peanut galley if necessary)

Matt, feeling slightly ashamed and out of the loop, replied "No, I don't have a partner exile monster. It seems interesting to have one, though." Turning to his left, he had noticed Zane had come back with his friend, which was actually a monster not to Matt's surprise. It was a large white dragon, another exile. He grinned, and wanted to see it in action in a duel. Maybe he would get to face it.

When Justice stood up, Matt reacted in confusion, much similar to the confusion he was facing now that everything just seemed to happen at once. Chaotic as it was, Mathias never had trouble keeping cool. He took everything as it was, but he obviously had an expression of misunderstanding. He really did wonder what the heck was going on. This day was going too quickly for him.

Leah thought for just a moment about Zane's offer before taking him up on it,

"Well sure, I would love to take a look. I assure you I can pay you fairly for what I can use." Leah was sure that she could at least find a few cards that she could utilize for her new deck involving Justice in some fashion. If she could just get the cards, Leah was positive that her dueling strategy would be just fine. After all, she has dueled many, many times before. After so many duels, it does not become very hard to formulate a proper strategy for a new deck.

Leah instantly blushed when Zane asked her if she was cold, she was really hoping no-one would notice her semi-violent shivering, as if that was even a slight possibility,

Oh drat, look what you've gotten yourself into now! Now he's going to feel obligated to warm you up. If only these two boys weren't cute on top of it! I just wanted to come here to duel and now I've gotten myself all wrapped up in romance. How do I get into these things? Stupid attractive body, it's all your fault.

Leah snapped out of her internal rant to answer Zane's questions with a few words she would regret almost instantly; "Uh, yeah, Just a little bit. I forgot to bring my jacket on the way out because of the rush I was in to buy cards."

She noticed Matt's sudden reaction to Justice's movement, and realized she had forgotten to answer him completely, she felt bad, "What about you, Matt? Do you have any cards to sell? I really would like to attempt to build this deck before the first round."

Gosh, they really are both attractive. I hope they don't find me attractive! I'm not pretty at all!

"Actually," said Matt in response to Leah's question, "I do have some cards I could give to ya." He carefully took off his backpack, and reached in to find a box filled with a bunch of the cards he has collected over his many years of duel monsters. He took it out, and was filled with pride. He had a bunch of old cards, and many new ones as well. While he did that, he noticed that Zane was getting kinda close to Leah. He tensed for a half second, and then cooled down. "Save the fighting for the dueling field," Mathias thought to himself.

"What kinda deck you lookin' to make here?" Mathias smiled at Leah. It felt good to help. He searched thoroughly through the box pulling out different varieties of cards Leah might be interested in.

"Although I really don't know what you're looking for," he admitted. "Feel free to take whatever you like, Leah. Hey, I'm pretty sure I have copies of all these back home, so I won't feel too bad parting with 'em. I'm all for helpin' out a fellow duelist such as yourself!"

Justice felt bad for Leah, she was not use to so much attention. Part of him wanted to just take her away from everyone but it was more beneficial for her to stay and learn about her opponents.  He did dislike all of the questions that Zane was asking. It might have been out of pure curiosity but the less he knew the better. Justice watched Leah when she spoke about him. He knew that he shared a deep bond with her but he had no idea on how much of an impact he left on Leah. Hearing her talk about him made him renewed his spirits. As he listed to the conversation he learned some information. He learned that Zane met his Exile years ago, meaning the two must have shared a bond like Leah and himself. He also discovered that Matt had not met an Exile, which did not surprise him.

Justice continued to listen until a foreign voice invaded his mind. He immediately thru his gaze towards the dragon. He introduced himself as Argentum Astrum. Justice rarely spoke to other Exiles, he often killed them on sight. He merely stared at the dragon giving him no sort of emotion, or response. He was curious about the dragon but after about three minutes of silence he spoke.

"I am simply what I seek, my name is Justice and I am Leah's guardian." He said to Astrum telepathically, in a cold, yet calm voice.

Zane smiled when Leah took him up on his offer. "Well, I have my cards on me now, but I can certainly wait until we've finished eating if you'd rather wait." He scratched the back of his head: a nervous habit. He was making progress, which surprised him. Things usually didn't go this well for him when it came to the opposite sex. He always came off as either too shy or too confident. Here though, he seemed to be doing just fine. Then Matt interjected. More competition. This joker was really starting to get on Zane's nerves. It wasn't so much that they were both competing for Leah's attention, although that was surely a part of it, but rather this man's demeanor that struck Zane. He was too bold, too cocky, and that rubbed Zane Marcer the wrong way. Then, Zane got back to the conversation at hand. He spoke, a little slower than normal, so he could successfully disguise the nervousness in his voice. "Uhh, Leah, you can have my Jacket if you want. You look really cold." He took another bite of his food, so that he would have something keeping him from looking awkward and nervous while he waited for her response.

"You come up with that one yourself?" Astrum asked jokingly. He turned his body to face the swordsman, and flashed his teeth in a friendly, reptilian smile. He wasn't looking to offend, but he couldn't help but make a joke. He decided to offer Justice a legitimate reply as well. "Its a pleasure to meet you. So, you looking forward to taking part in the tournament?" He asked, trying his best to stay polite and not let his humor get the best of him.

Seth's day was going normally....boring, but normally....that was until she showed up. From far away she was quite a beautiful young lady, definitely something worth gawking it for some of the other duelists, but Seth just kept drinking his blue eyes coffee....until he noticed the way she was walking....for some reason everything seemed cold around her, some of the other people there began to shiver, and worst of all was her direction....she was walking towards him. "Crap...I don't have time for this...." he said as he was just about to stand up, a sudden bang from where his sister was stopped him. "She noticed something...didn't she...."

As for Selina she had been bored, online seemed so...impersonal, and then as she turned around, her eyes widened, Astrum, her new BDFF (Bestest Dragon Friend Forever) was at a table with not one, not two, but four people she could say hi to, causing her to nearly run out and jump to hug Astrum "Hi Hi everyone!" she nearly yelled, looking over the table as they "probably" would look at her like she was insane. "Mister Astrum you have so many friends! why didn't you tell me earlier!" she said frantically while jumping up and down, her gothic skirt and breasts bouncing......not that it matters......just an observation.

Meanwhile Seth was about to facepalm when the attractive dark haired girl approached him....she looked quite steamed......and then she smacked him....outright....no foreplay...just a good old fashion smack to the face. "What just happened?" he asked as he was about to double take when his head was seized upon and brought to her lips. "Well.....this is interesting" he thought to himself as he was just stuck there....making out with someone he didn't even know.....quite the day.

Noxus could do nothing but stare in confusion......especially when a Vampire appeared next to him as well.....what in the name of Yami was going on?

Jacqui walked into the food court near the plaza, heading over and buying a Kebab from a nearby shop before wandering over to where all the action seemed to be going on. In the centre of it all was a table with a couple of guys and girls chatting, along with a dragon exile, and what looked to be a roughly humanlike exile. The next table across also was interesting, with some girl suddenly coming up to a guy and talking to him, possibly old acquaintances, and on the other side, a guy and a girl sat chatting while the girl ate a cake. Not seeing particularly any reasonable way to go talk to any of them yet, she wandered over to one of the walls near the tables and leaned against it, calmly eating her Kebab as she did so, and watching to see if anything unusual would occur before the tag teams were announced.

Shade stood next to Noxus her bangs that always cover her face hiding her Amethyst eyes as she blushes, looking at her master with the large dragon next to her. Slowly she shuffled sideways slowly towards the larger Dragon, getting uncomfortably close, She turned her head before demurely speaking, "H...h...hi" before she turned her head to squee quietly to herself.

Naoj pulls back from the kiss then notices from her own actions and the boys face tho he was not too shocked you could see some surprise on his face, she had forgot he would not know her. They were always looking for something, "Hee hee you might not even be the one im looking for.... But that kiss tells me you may at least know who I'm looki-" She says before she is cut off by the young extremely excitable girl at the table next to us. "God she reminds me of...."

Archived