Yu-Gi-Oh! The Exiles [In Character, PG-13, Started, accepting]

BANZAI!!!!

Leah's eyes lit up like midnight candles at Matt's offer for the free cards, this would surely help her no matter the selection, and allow her to save some money for the more expensive cards she might need to pick up,

"Oh gosh, are you sure? We've only just met! Please, let me pay you back in some way in the future."  Leah started digging through the box of cards for everything she viewed as useful, and, shamefully so, completely ignoring Zane's request. She did not mean to blow him off, but this was too large of a prospect to let go.

(Consider this an official announcement of a deck change - my standard deck will change from the "Angels" deck I originally proposed to a "LightLevel" deck. If you guys want a deck list, I will be more than happy to provide.)

Leah, digging through his box, saw a couple of cards that she deemed useful, a "Level up" card here and there, "Silent Angel" caught her eye, and she even found 2 copies of "Lightray Gearfried" that she thought would be worth her taking.

After rummaging through and taking just a few more cards, she looked up at him with a brilliant smile, "I would like to thank you again for these cards. Surely there is a way I can repay you?"

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It stung a little.

Zane had been beaten. Outright. And now Leah was completely ignoring him. Zane was about to interject, but then thought the better of it. He didn't want to come off like a jerk, and besides, if he really felt this serous about it, there would always be other times for him to talk with her. What's more, something else now held his attention...

That something was Astrum, who was presently being squeezed by a very hyperactive girl who's... err, features, were quite pronounced. The sight made Zane space out for a second before Astrum spoke. "Miss Selina..." Astrum's voice echoed in both Zane and Selina's heads as the dragon gestured toward his partner with a wing. "This is Zane, my partner. Zane, this is Selina. We, uhh, just met a few minutes ago." Selina most likely could not perceive it, but the way in which Astrum spoke was a clear indicator to Zane that he was just a little bit intimidated by the girl, and required some saving. Zane turned to face Selina and introduced himself. "Guess you and my friend have already met. I'm Zane, its a pleasure." Before anything could come of the conversation, however, all of the televisions in the room lit up, showing the tournament brackets. Suddenly, a loud, intrusive voice echoed over a loudspeaker. " Attention all tournament participants: The first round of the Gaea Anniversary competition is about to begin. We will now announce the matchups for the first two duels of the tournament. Match one, which will begin promptly in fifteen minutes in stadium nine, is as follows: Matthias McCarthy and Zane Marcer versus Leah Brasser and Seth Veritas. Match two, which will begin promptly in fifteen minutes in stadium four, is as follows: Jacqui Valencia and Joseph Kandillo versus Selina Veritas and Hideyoshi Tamazu. All Participants should report to the designated starting gate within ten minutes."

"You have got to be kidding me." Zane thought as he looked over at the table of people he had just met.

Seth just sat there.....quite confused, but the way she spoke made him feel even more weirded out. "I have no idea what you're talking about......" he said calmly. "Now, while I can say that I enjoyed our little first meeting, I don't think you should do that with every person you meet......you might get confused for some floozie...." he said as he stood up and looked at the clearly uncomfortable interaction between Noxus and some female vampire. "Women....." he said quietly as he looked through the 4 females in close vicinity that currently affected him, the crazy one that just kissed him, the crazy one molesting a Stardust, the crazy one thinking of inter-species romance......and the last one.....which was just announced as his partner....... "Why do I have to go through this?" The teen stated as he sat down the girl that just kissed him before walking to his new partner......unhappy. "See you later.....maybe....maybe not, doesn't matter....". He said non-chalantly...though his face was the tiniest amount of flustered.

Selina on the other hand didn't mind anything in the world, she was hugging a Stardust, was about to jump unto Zane's lap to hug him too, and she had just received her partner's name. "Yay!!! partner time!" she yelled as she jumped from Astrum to sit on Zane's lap and hug him.......rather close. "Hi Hi! I heard a lot about you...well, not a lot but a lot cause I barely met Astrum! but still it seems we'll be best friends soon cause I'm bestest of best friends with everyone!" she said as she hugged him tighter......her.....curvature pressing on him just to make him even more uncomfortable...or comfortable, not sure which. She would introduce herself to everyone else, but they hadn't said hi yet. Also she probably would glomp anyone who does say hi......so, good luck with that. "Who is Hideyoshi?! I want to give them a huge hug...like the huge-est ever!"

Noxus could only imagine what the vampire was thinking......Zombie's weren't exactly allies to the Dragons, but at the very least he didn't expect anything bad between the two...he had no quarrel with them....though he tried his hardest to ignore her.......he finally caved and let out a nervous. "Uhm.....Hello....."

Justice raised an eyebrow when Astrum made his joke. He stared at the dragon for a moment. He was surprised to see Astrum joking. Given his appearance he was not expecting jokes. Justice was not known for making friends but he saw Astrum making an attempt to break the ice. To be honest Justice always found peace in silence but decided to acknowledge the dragon. After all Leah was becoming friendly with Zane, maybe it would be for the best if he did the same with Zane's partner.

" I must admit I have never met a dragon as friendly as you Astrum." He said telepathically. "This tournament means nothing to me. I am not one to boast my strength, so I have no business being here. But if Leah wants to enter then I shall stand by her decision. But don't worry if we face off against each other I will be sure not to O.T.K your pal there. "He said jokingly, in a calm tone.

He turned to watch Leah ,as she shoveled thru Matt's box in search for new cards. He was proud to see how much Leah has changed since the two met. He could not help but smile. Justice turned back around to face Astrum but found a young woman squeezing the life out of him. He could not help but notice the woman's generous,  bouncing, assists. A stream of blood instantly fired from Justice's nose like a pistol. His eyes widened and his face became beat red. He quickly turned around and stared at the wall, trying to banish the image from his head.            

"It's really no big deal, Leah. Trust me, I got too many cards for my own good!" Matt smiled at her, and then glanced at Zane. Matt could tell that this was a victory in their little personal battle over Leah. It made him look forward even more to crushing him and his dragon in the tournament, and thanking God for getting the guy out of the way for good. But of course, God has a sense of humor just as the rest of us do, so it should have been no surprise when he heard the first round bracket.

He stood tall, and glanced at Zane. So the guy he had just met and already started a feud with is to be his partner in the first round. It sucked, but that wasn't the worst of it. They had to duel Leah. And of course, only the winners were going to stay on. That made him upset, giving a saddened look to Leah. To break the silence, he shook his head and spoke.

"Well, this is a turn of events. Leah," he said. "I wish ya good luck to you and your partner in this one." He gave her another smile, and looked to Justice. "Justice, it's been..." He saw that Justice was preoccupied with some sort of girl, as to which Matt's face went blank and he became confused to the point of simply mumbling "...yeah."

He turned to Zane, shrugged and said "Well, we might as well head off." He paused. "Maybe talk strategy a bit." He was clearly unamused by the situation, but then again, he didn't have much choice in the matter. "So let's go."

He had gotten steadily more nervous as more Exiles had also gathered around the other group. The large Red-Eyes Exile had come somewhat closer, and someone that he vaguely recognized as a Vampire card had approached it. Luckily, soon after, the announcement of the first and second matchups was broadcast over the intercom, with the information also appearing on the television that the Sergeant was allegedly there to observe. Guess they're only announcing a few duels at a time... Well, at least there'll be something to do than hope the Exiles get along. Thinking of which, the partners of those two dragons are opponents. Gonna have to stay alert for that. With those thoughts in mind, Sgt. Davidson turned from where he had been standing, and calmly headed towards the exit of the lounge, briefly wondering where the duelists who weren't in the first round were supposed to go.

(OOC: I'm skipping ahead a little bit so that we can get to these duels underway. hope you guys don't mind)

Zane could barely breathe, although this was far from the worst form of suffocation that someone could endure. It would be a lie to say that Zane didn't enjoy it, at least on some primal, instinctual level, and the close contact made him blush a little bit. However there was definitely a bit of annoyance in there too. For sure wasn't much air. After about a minute or so, Zane had finally managed to gather enough breath in his lungs to speak to Selina, and he squirmed out of the girl's grip to speak to her. "Well, its nice to meet you too. If you're friends with Astrum then you're cool in my book. Hey, I'd love to chat, but I have to get going. I've got a match to win, but we can chill out later alright?" Zane said, as nicely as he could while shaking her hand and trying as hard as he could (and rather unsuccessfully) not to stare at her breasts.

Astrum meanwhile was wrapping up his own conversation with Justice, having just been saved from Selina by Zane's timely intervention. "Please. You couldn't one turn kill your way out of your own deck box." Astrum replied jokingly. He liked Justice already. He seemed to be on the level, and, like Astrum, he was fairly indifferent to the whole tournament. Although Astrum did have his target set on one particular dragon...  "Besides, If and when we come face to face, I'm positive I'll come out the winner. Either way, I've got to go. Good luck to you, Justice. And may the best of us win." Astrum gave the swordsman another reptilian smile before following Zane.

With that, Zane and Astrum made their way over to Matt, and Zane led the other two on the walk to their team's starting gate, over at the closest stadium: number nine. Zane was silent until they arrived at the entrance to the gate. The three entered a garage-like room, which in about five minutes would open up to allow them to enter the arena and take their places on the duel grid that had been set up. It was here that Zane finally spoke. "Listen, just try not to screw us up alright? If you let me do what I do best than we should win, and I didn't drive half way across this continent to get my ass beat in the first round. Got it?" Zane spoke this about as politely as he could, but anyone who happened to be within earshot could easily tell the Zane just did not like Matt. He was eager for a chance to prove himself, and the sooner they got this stupid tag-team match over with, the sooner Zane could best Matt in the next round. After all, If there was one thing that Zane Marcer had complete confidence in, it was his dueling ability.

As they walked over to the dueling arena, Matt noticed he never made eye contact with Zane. He wasn't surprised, he had an extreme dislike for the guy. He was hoping, however, to just get this duel over with. He was also hoping to perhaps discuss some sort of strategy, but that wasn't going to happen.

He listened to Zane make his remark about not messing up, and Matt just raised an eyebrow. "Listen, man." Matt said. "I don't like this situation any more than you do, but I'm not going to blow this duel for us, you can count on that." He took out his deck and shuffled it quickly and efficiently, then proceeded to insert it into his duel disk. All he was concerned about is making himself look good. Mathias put his right hand into his pocket and raised his sunglasses, resting them on the top of his overly-gelled hair. He waited in silence as the entrance was about to open.

Joe heard his name over the intercom, the only name he even recognized was Selina, but only because he had seen her name associated with some CONSNT reports before. He figured the best thing he could do at this moment in time would be to just head over to the duel arena and try to get a quick couple of words in before the duel. Although come to think of it, it had been a while since Joe had seen or heard from Brione, his Aqua Madoor. He hoped Brione would have the sense to go to the arena to meet him, after all he was pretty smart. But then again, you never know what to expect from duel monsters...

(My Exile has it's own Font. Get on my level.)

Brione was hopelessly lost. Completely, and utterly lost. To be honest, Brione wasn't even sure if he was still in Gaea anymore. He was just in a massive crowd of people doing seemingly nothing, and boy did he haaaaate it. Brione was not very comfortable with humans as it is, but to be jammed into a vat of sweaty neck-bearded humans that were less than knowledgeable at Duel Monsters, and of the spirit world and their exiles while they babbled was pure torture for him. He could not tell if that raucous stench that was infesting his nostrils was the greasy spooned hot dog stands or simply the people around him. He continued to aggressively push and shove his way through this blubbery mass of human flesh as he approached yet another door that he hoped would lead him to the stadium entrances only to lead him to...

Oh dear Exodia! Is that overweight male dressed as Dark Magician Girl!? Wait, they're ALL dressed like Dark Magicians and his various forms! Where...!!! Where am I!?!?

It was then when Brione looked up at the sign above the door where pictures of these... I guess it's only fair to call them human beings were being taken, it read in giant bubble letters "Annual Gaea Anniversary Dueling Tournament Cosplay Convention!" Brione's pupils shrunk rapidly as he slowly gained a grasp on where he had somehow gotten himself to... Brione had never wanted to be summoned to a duel in his entire life, more than he does right now.

Oh please tell me Joe's dueling starts soon.

Leah's heart sank, it was unfortunate that she would have to face both Matt and Zane in the same round; especially after how nice they've been to her, and the fact that Matt just gave her cards that she would inevitably use against him made her upset. She stood up, and walked around so that she could face Justice from the front, she stared deep into his eyes, speaking to him telepathically;

"Justice, shall we go to the arena?...Hey, are you alright? You seem bothered by something. Please, tell me as we walk towards the stadium."

Leah and Justice would eventually arrive at the stadium gates, where she would take out her brand new cards, as well as some of her old ones, and begin shuffling a deck together, studying all of the new cards so that she could get a better idea of what was in the deck, and how the strategies and combos would all play out. She only hoped her partner would show up soon.

Seth and Selina had already split up, Selina being upset that she had been separated from her brother, but Seth could care less. The older of the two had made his way to his stadium, where he already saw his partner...in all irony the girl the other team was fawning over. "Let's not mess this up....." he said stoically as he looked at the Silent Swordsman next to her. "Levels.....interesting concept, as a hunter I expect you to be skilled with them...." In comparison to the two she spoke to earlier, Seth had an obviously darker persona when it came to dueling, and he wouldn't be accepting any crap from his "partner". "Swordsman....I trust that you will do your part as well.....my deck uses only normal spells, don't be afraid to place yourself on the field as soon as possible, I'll manage....."

Behind him in the distance, as he did not normally fit in the entrance stood Noxus, glaring at the two, and combined with Seth's stare they had a rather imposing aura to them, not that they expected it to effect her....just to let her know that her current emotions shouldn't get to her. "I don't care what your petty feelings are to those two you just met...they are your opponents....I won't lose because of some crush you may or may not have...." with that, he almost angrily walked towards the entrance, waiting to be let in.

[hr]

Meanwhile!

Selina was scampering about to her partner in the duel.....she was half dressed and pulling her skirt down since it was unnaturally short. She had wanted to join the cosplay contest but she would be far too late for it, she was going as Gagaga Girl though honestly she barely fit in the costume and her hair was too long. "Nyaaah...why can't I have a cute body like her..." she cursed herself as she made it to the stadium, looking at her partner. "Hi Hi!" she exclaimed as she tried pulling on her skirt some more....apparently she did have a sense of embarrassment....

"Let's do our best to.....OMG Tour Guide!!!" she said happily as she thought another cosplayer was with her. "Are you Hideyoshi?!!?!?!" she told the other girl, not knowing she was an Exile. "We'll be like....the best team ever....is he your exile?" she asked as she poked her partner's cheek.....continuously.....

Justice wiped his nose clean of blood as Leah approached him. He heard her question and answered with a slight nod of his head. He was confident that there was no team that shared as strong of a bound as they did. As the two walked  to the arena Justice decided to express his concerns.

"Leah." He paused for a few minutes before continuing." You really remind me of someone that was once special to me." He said telepathically.

Justice remained silent, feeling he already said too much. It did not take long for the two too reach the arena. He followed closely beside Leah as the two entered. He stood there in silence waiting for  Leah's partner.

"Leah I wanted to thank you for all of the trouble that you have gone thru to adjust your deck for me. I swear that I won't let you down. I shall be your sword and shield."  He said telepathically.

Before Justice could continue Leah's partner arrived. Justice stared at the boy as he walked over. He remained silent while the boy spoke to Leah. Justice became angered with the boy, he did not care for his remarks. Justice felt as if he was talking down to Leah , as if it was her first time dueling. Once again he remained silent with an intensifying glare as the boy continued. The arrival of the massive dragon only dampened his mood further.  He tilted his head slightly to view the huge dragon. Justice felt the raw power being emitted from the iron scaled leviathan. The power the dragon released felt equal to his own. Despite how strong the dragon may be, he was not at all intimidated. Justice wanted to remain silent but the last comment about Leah frustrated him. As the boy walked towards the entrance, Justice drew his blade. He moved with a great speed, almost untraceable by the naked eye. He appeared besides the boy and with one hand he raised his massive sword above his head. Justice brought down his sword in front of the boy, mere inches away from the boy's face. He was not aiming for the boy instead he wanted to block his path with his sword. The blade came down hard instantly breaking up the ground on impact. Justice stared at the boy with cold and forceful eyes.

"Listen to me human." He said harshly as if the words were acid." You many not want Leah as your partner but you will show her respect. Do I make myself clear?" He said in the most threatening tone he could possibly muster.

It was very rare for Justice to speak, especially in a  human tongue. The boy manage to erupt the rage building within him. Weather the boy realize it or not Justice truly cared for Leah. One negative comment towards her was no different from striking her, according to Justice's logic. The grip on his sword tightened as he awaited a response.                

Finishing her lunch off quickly after the names for the first section were announced, she then walked away as several of the nearby group did so too. Walking across to stadium 4, she entered the pre-match room to find her partner, a well build and somewhat intimidating man standing inside the room already.

"Hi, I'm Jacqui, and judging by your presence here, I'm guessing you are Joseph, my partner for this section of the tournament then. It's nice to meet you."

Jacqui smiled to him, and sat down on one of the nearby seats, grabbing her deck out to look through it and make sure everything was in order.

"We should probably be somewhat familiar with each others decks if we intend to be a decent tag team. My deck is plant based, and focusses around synchro summoning mainly, but also can pull some strength from xyz summoning and from a few high level plants."

Seth was impressed by the speed of the swordsman, it was to be expected that he saw absolutely no movement whatsoever, if he had meant to kill then he would have done so, and he understood that, but he showed no reaction, and only stared at the swordsman with a colder glare then he had given his partner. "If she wants respect she would have said so.....and tell me this swordsman.....why should I care what you say? I've seen your reactions to humans other then your partner....don't pretend for the slightest that you wouldn't have disliked for me for no reason in the absolute.....those two lovebird idiots that we'll be facing are a distraction....."

Seth then looked at Leah, save for her response he spoke again. "If anything it seems you're a hypocrite swordsman.....you hated the attention she recieved from love...but once someone decides to speak to her as something more then just a female body you go irrate....I am a hunter...she is a hunter, our jobs are not ones of respect...they are of work that goes uncredited to the masses save for this freakshow they call a tournament, and even then what? Let me tell you swordsman....wave your sword.....see if I care.....I will show that girl respect only if she earns it...and even then, It'll do her no good when I crush her in the next rounds....." He said menacingly as he walked around the sword.

Telepathically, Noxus bellowed, almost as if relishing the idea of fighting the swordsman soon enough, he laughed and looked at them both. "No reasoning with that human, he's nothing more then a monster...even more so then you and I Silent Swordsman....."

"Just try not to get burned, alright kid?" Zane replied, as condescendingly as possible. "After all, I'm going to do it myself in the next round." After this latest comment, Zane let out a little laugh. Suddenly, a familiar voice echoed in Zane's head. "Zane. I understand that you two don't get along, but try not to let your confidence get the better of you. We will be up against two other exiles, after all. One of them is that large soot dragon from earlier, and as much as I'd hate to admit it, he is a great deal stronger than me. Your friend Leah's exile is no slouch either. We're going to have to give it our best if we want to win, and alienating your teammate is most definitely not the best course of action. Save the rivalry for next round, ok?"

Zane's face soured at Astrum's comments. Still, he was right. Zane knew full well how powerful a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon could be. After all, he had one in his deck as well. And now that Leah's deck could better synergize with the Silent Swordsman, it meant that there was a very good chance that they would be running into Justice in a few turns. Zane didn't very much like the prospects of having his spells (which, although they were few, were very crucial to the speed of his deck) negated outright. After some thought, he sighed and turned back to Matt, a  more serious look on his face. "Listen up. you don't like me, and I sure as hell don't like you. You're a cocky sonofabitch who needs to get put in his place. But I'm letting what happened earlier go for the time being, because winning this match is much more important to me than kicking your ass over some girl. The other team is tough. Probably tougher than you and I, to be honest. But if we play smart, we should be able to win this thing. For now, I've got your back. I suggest you get mine, or we'll both be going home tonight, got it?"

Joe smiled when he saw his partner approach him and start getting straight to the business, Joe could respect someone like that, especially after all his years as a member of CONSNT. She was attractive, her long blonde hair seemed to compliment her otherwise small figure, and she looked very comfortable with who she was. Even the scar on her cheek seemed to compliment her rather beautiful face... but he couldn't get caught staring, after all, she was actively talking to him about decks.

"Oh, well it's funny that you run so many kinds of extra decks because... well, my deck doesn't have one." he let out a slight chuckle with that last statement, he realized that, with any normal duelist, that might have his partner worried because of how the metagame is working now a days, "But don't worry. I swarm rather quickly with my water deck here, and we're sure to make some noise with your speedy plants and my deck full of water related beatsticks. I'd love to introduce you to my exile right now, but quite frankly, I have no idea where he's gone. He's an aqua madoor, so if he gets summoned, you'll meet him soon enough. He's a snarky little bitch though, be careful.

Hideyoshi was simply standing near the woman's bathroom. Drinking sips from his soda can and occasionally checking his cellphone. He had been waiting there for the last 15 minutes after Rin said she needed to use the toilet. From time to time Tama could hear Rin's voice conversing with another voice. A woman, perhaps. But he couldn't clearly make out the other's voice since it was obvious she was speaking a different language, one that Tama has never heard before. "Is Rin going insane or is she simply talking those other Exiles...? Hm, I couldn't care too much about it though." He thought to himself. 

Flash forward 5 minutes, Rin had finished her business and is now walking with Tama to find their dueling partner. At first, Tama questioned what she was doing in the toilet, but she quickly brushed it off and said "You're just imagining things again." Tama, being, well... Tama, replied with a nonchalant "Is that so?" and didn't question it further. Soon enough, they reached the stadium but without a partner. 

"Heh, looks like we're early, right, Tama?" Rin asked her owner in her usual teasing tone, facing the complete opposite of where Tama is with both her eyes closed. This time though, Tama didn't reply. 

"Hey, Tama-boy~" She turned around lazily walked towards Tama with her eyes still closed. "Answer me when I'm asking something- Wait, what the hell?!" Her surprise was when she opened her eyes and saw Tama sitting down on the corner of the stadium, sleeping soundly with his earphone still attached. At first, Rin rattled her owner to try and wake him up, but soon it's pretty obvious that he can't be bothered to wake up. Not to surprising, really. Rin forced him to wake up at 3 AM earlier just to make her a midnight snack and he hasn't gotten any sleep since. 

Just then, a woman dressed as Gagaga Girl rushed over towards Rin and started asking her a multitude of questions, all of which came as a surprise towards Rin and didn't give her enough time to react. "W-well... I.. er..." Rin was having a hard time trying to respond to her. The fact that "Gagaga Girl" is continuously poking her cheek certainly didn't help. When she asked if she was Hideyoshi, Tama suddenly woke up. 

When Gagaga Girl said "We'll be like....the best team ever....is he your exile?", Tama stood up and quickly replied. "The opposite is true, Gagaga-san. The girl you're currently poking continuously is my Exile. I'm Hideyoshi, but just call me Tama." He said in a monotone, half asleep voice. 

Leah was taken aback by the whole situation. She was rather offended by what Seth had to say, but Justice's reaction, as well as Seth's rebuttal had just seemed so completely unearthly that she was unsure of how to handle it. At first she wanted to back off and just let Seth be himself, but as Seth had walked around Justice's blade, and completely disrespected him, she felt the courage to speak up and actually tell her mind for once,

"Listen you undergrowth! I don't care what opinion you have of me, or my social life, but the truth is, you know nothing, and you will burn for it one day! You hear me? You! Will! Burn! Don't you dare disrespect someone who has gone to the trouble of devoting his life to me, because I am not beneath completely throwing this match so that scum like you have one less chance in life to do something great! I know I'll survive, but who knows about you with a disgusting attitude like that, you putrid pig!"

Blood rushed to her face as her normally smooth hair was distraught to where the emotion took it. She had never spoken like this to anyone, but the way Seth spoke to her and Justice, she felt an unusual pang in her heart along with a rush that she had never known before. This man was nothing but pure evil, and there was no excuse for that in the world. He didn't deserve an excuse.

Seth smiled, finally seeing her voice her opinion over something. "well well, look who finally decided to do something, now I see you two are more then just wallpaper, very well....for having balls like that I almost feel I have to apologize....very good, very good indeed...." he said with what seemed like a bow to both of them "I humbly apologize, and see now that you'll probably destroy our opponent's faster then I will.....if you show that determination, then I will gladly accept this partnership, that being said......I'll look forward to what you do on the battlefield". He didn't care if she forfeit the match, in fact, she could still hate his guts for all he cared, but at least he saw she wouldn't slow him down, and that interested him as much as the dark aura of the girl he had met earlier.

Noxus gave what was as close to a grin as his dark maw could muster, Seth had a habit of bringing out the darkest of feelings in a persons heart...even his oh so innocent sister was a demon when near him, no other partner could be as monstrous as Seth, and that was what helped them work together so well. "Quite the strong one she turned out to be swordsman, You best be careful...prolonged exposure to Seth might make her unrecognizable....." he telepathically said to the swordsman privately with a chortle, showing how much he was enjoying the pre game interaction.

"At least you showed more emotion then just the timidity you demonstrated with our opponent's, use that to your advantage....no matter their feelings...I can tell you for sure they want to win more then anything" he placed a thought in her head, she had just met them, more so then dating they wanted to win, and they were in their way, he had to remind her that.

[hr]

Selina poked the poor girl's cheek once more and spun backwards. "whoopsie~ oh well, I have to say miss Exile, you're very pretty....." she looked at Hideyoshi and jokingly spoke of him as well "you're very pretty too mister Hideyoshi" she said as she began spinning to introduce herself. "I'm Selina Veritas~ pleased to meet you both, I hope we do our very best!" she said bouncing up and down happily.....gagaga girl's outfit wasn't meant to handle jiggle of that caliber. "Oh and I have an Exile partner too! e'll meet her in the duel I hope!" she said, telling them of her Visitor-class Exile.

She skipped along to the entrance, looking at the outside just a bit. "this is gonna be so cool, are you excited? cause I'm excited! I've never been so excited! well, except for that one time I mistakened you two for each other, but honestly what could top that?!?!?"

"I'm sure as hell not gonna lose." Matt turned to Zane, not showing any weakness. "And there's no way we can't handle 'em. That dragon of yours seems powerful enough. But I got your back for now. Lowering the opponent's life points is my specialty." Matt looked at his watch, and was getting impatient. He was sure it was time for the gate to open, what the hell were they waiting for? The sooner they can kick ass the better. Besides, how tough could the opposing side be? Leah doesn't seem like she could best Zane and Mathias together. Then again, he doesn't know much about her partner.

Eh, what's the worst that can happen?

Mathias just keeps shuffling his deck and fidgeting. He hates waiting for the things he wants. He keeps taking off his sunglasses and putting them back on. He just mumbled to himself otherwise. What else was he to do?

I sure hope he can handle himself out there if he needs to, not that anything is going to happen out of nowhere... Sgt. Davidson was standing in front of a map of the complex, and had been debating internally about which match to watch. His first instinct was to follow Joe and watch his game, but the two dragon owners were opponents in the other game, along with the girl and her swordsman Exile. After rationalizing that Joe could handle himself, the sergeant turned towards the hallway that would lead to the stands of the arena where the first match would be taking place. He checked his pockets and knife again, noting that they were still there. He arrived in the stands and saw that the game was about to start. Ignoring the incredulous and concerned looks from a few bystanders that a large man with a military build and a durable-looking duel disk was shuffling through their seats, Sgt. Davidson sat down in what he judged to be both a strategic position to apply his emergency provisions and a good place to watch the duel unfold from.

(OOC: feel free to play cards at any point during Zane's turn. If you chain something or negate something, I'll just consider everything after it non-cannon and continue my turn in the next post.)

"Lowering Life Points is everyone's specialty, idiot. That's how you win." Zane thought to himself with a sigh. He looked over at Astrum, and the dragon returned his gaze with a reassuring look. At the very least they were going to put up a good fight.

At that moment, all of the doors in each starting area opened, allowing Zane, Matt, Seth, Leah, Hideyoshi, Joe, Jacqui, and Selina to enter their respective arenas. Each duel arena was packed with spectators, and in the center of the arena was a large, raised platform marked with a grid. These were to be the sights of the duels, and each was equipped with high-powered solid-vision projectors in order project holograms large enough for the audience to observe clearly. Each had enough room for all four duelists involved to play the standard number of cards. The platforms were even equipped with projectors dedicated to the rendering of field spells. Zane calmly entered the arena, and took a place on the south side of the platform. Astrum, meanwhile, flew into the arena's airspace at high speed, and did a figure eight in midair to entertain the onlookers. After all, what better way to get fans than to put on a little show. He finished off this display with a small blast of his silvery breath weapon fired off into the air, and then took his place at Zane's side. "You looked good up there, Astrum." Zane said, complimenting his exile's aerial acrobatics.

"I've been practicing." the dragon replied jokingly.

With a flourish, an announcer called out the names of each participant in turn after they had all taken their respective places on the field, and while this was going on a referee approached each field with a cue card, and read it aloud to the participants. "As you all know, this is a standard tag-team match. Each player will have 8000 life points, and the team that reduces an opposing team member's life points to zero first will be declared the winner. The player in the south side's right corner will begin the duel, followed by the player opposite him, and then the south side's left, followed lastly by the north side's left. No attacks can be declared until each player has gone once. Good luck to all of you. You may begin whenever you are ready." With that, the referee left the field.

As it happened, Zane was the one standing in the southern right corner, and so he was to go first. Before he began the duel, he took a good look at the other team. He easily recognized Leah, who was situated diagonally from him, and he made eye contact and smiled at her. Then, he looked over at the duelist across from him...

Chills went down his spine.

This other duelist gave Zane a horrible vibe. It wasn't anything concrete, but something about him made Zane's hair stand up. It was almost as if he was more monstrous than the large dragon accompanying him, which Zane recognized as the same dragon he'd seen Astrum arguing with earlier. Then, Astrum's voice echoed in Zane's head again. "Well, I'm looking forward to facing that dragon here, Zane. If he gets summoned, try and summon me as well, ok?"

"Sure Astrum." Zane replied. "Just be careful out there ok? I'm not liking the duelist he's with. Something's not right about him."

"Yeah. I get that vibe too, but an enemy is an enemy, and we have to win. I'm sure we can handle it."

"You're right," Zane then called over to the opposing team, putting all of the confidence into his voice that he could. "You two ready?! Cuz I'm about to get things rolling! Lets do It!" With that, Zane activated his duel disk, and the machine instantly synched itself up to the stadium's own projectors. "Draw!" Zane called out as he drew his sixth card.

"First, lets start things off with a field spell: Dragon Ravine!" As Zane played the card, large cliffs seemed to come out of the earth on each side of the stadium, creating the illusion that the four players were standing in a large canyon. Hologram dragons could be seen flying in the distance.

"Next, I send Unknown Synchron from my hand to the graveyard to activate Dragon Ravine's first effect! I can add a dragon type monster from my deck to my graveyard. I choose my Bright Star Dragon! Next, I'll banish both of the monsters in my graveyard to Special summon my favorite card!" Zane's face lit up as he placed the monster on his duel disk with a flourish. On the field, a white-blue orb appeared, and within a second multiple rays of light came pouring forth from the sphere. Then, from the orb, came a large, white dragon. "Lightpulsar Dragon!" Zane called out as light continued to shoot from its chest as it fully took form, and with a roar the creature came to life.

"Next, I'll normal summon Masked Dragon, and set a card face down!" Sure enough, the outline of a card appeared in Zane's back row as Masked dragon came crawling out of the ground, taking its place next to its larger cousin.

"You're up!" Zane called over to Seth as he ended his turn.

----

Field:

Lightpulsar Dragon (2500/1500), Masked Dragon (1400/1100)

1 S/T

Hand: 1

As soon as the doorway opened, Seth motioned for Leah to move ahead of him, in some form of chivalry. "well, show them what you can do then..." he said to all three as Justice and leah made their way inside, Noxus flying up into the air and roared loudly, after Stardust's presentation a large ball of black and red fire loomed over the crowd, exploding violently as various dragon spirits wailed and screamed like banshees from the tear in the sky, before disappearing and making way for their "King". Noxus happily floated down from the sky as the gems in his wings burned with power, ending with him letting out a mighty roar that marked his supremacy.

"Had your fun?" Seth chided as he jumped onto the field and pulled out his black duel disk, designed on the principle of the "Orichalcos" Duel disks, the slots slid out from the bottom and curved across like a blade. "I have to say the field is impressive, they spared no expense to keep the masses entertained from the wasteland outside the city..." Seth looked over at his partner and then to his opponent's, a cold stare across the field as Noxus landed behind him. "Well let's get to work shall we Noxus?" he said as the duel began, only the first turn and Seth was impressed by the Lightpulsar Dragon Summoned in front of him.

"Oho...Dragons I see, this will be entertaining." Noxus said lowly as he stared at the Light Dragon on the field, followed by a common Masked Dragon "An old bait trick.....masked Dragons always served as fodder while a larger Dragon Struck....and his face down is probably meant to protect on a first turn...."

"That's obvious.....but we can't attack regardless...let's enjoy the opening moves" Seth drew his sixth card, taking a short glance before speaking. "Seeing as you control a monster and I do not I will go ahead and Special Summon from my hand, The Hieroglyph Dragon of Tefnut!" A sudden burst of light took shape in the eye of Wadjet, from it the Golden Armored White Dragon appeared on field and took stance for battle. "I don't end there as I will also set a second monster face down...I have to be ready of course...." The hologram of a face-down card appeared besides Tefnut, as well as two holograms behind the monsters. "I'll also go ahead and set two cards in the spell/trap zones...wouldn't want you two getting cocky...but with that I think I'll end....good luck...." he said darkly with a rather sinister smile.

Field:

Hieroglyph Dragon of Tefnut (2100/1400), Face-Down monster

2 S/T

Hand: 2

Jacqui nodded, paying attention to the detail about the deck and the exile, before replying to both parts.

"If not using an extra deck works for your deck, I've got no problems with that. As for exiles, I don't actually have a bound exile of my own, I do have a visitor exile that sometimes likes to come when I summon her card. She's a Black Rose Dragon, and I wonder if she'll appear this duel if I summon her."

At that moment, the doors in front of them opened, allowing her and her partner to walk out and see who their opponents were. One was a cosplay girl dressed as Gagaga Girl, and the other seemed to be some typical guy without anything really outstandingly exciting about him. The judges explained the rules to them, before indicating who went first, namely Jacqui as she was in the South's corner. Grabbing out the gun-like machine holstered on her hip, she placed it on her arm and as she did so, it attached itself to her arm and transformed into a sort of duel disk for her.

"I guess that makes it me first, Draw."

Looking over her options, she carefully selected two cards out of it, before placing them both on the field facedown.

"I'll set a monster plus one extra card to go with it, and end my turn there." No point revealing my deck this early in the duel, I'll leave it as a surprise for my opponents for now.

LP: 8000

Hand: 4 cards

Monsters: 1 set

S/T: 1 set

Mathias watched the first couple of moves pass, first Zane's then Seth's. It was his move next. "Draw!" he declared, and proceeded to study his six cards. It wasn't the hand he was looking for, but he could make it work.

"First," he declared, "I'll place a monster in defense." A holographic card appeared in front of him. "Next, I'll activate the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying one of your face down cards. I'll place two more cards face-down and end my move." He looked around, and kept his head held high. He was totally ready for this duel, where he could show everybody what he was capable of. Boy, he could tell that this was going to be really fun.

Next it was Leah's turn. Matt nearly forgot that she was in this duel. And he completely forgot what cards she took from him. Oh well. Matt was sure it wasn't anything he couldn't handle.

LP: 8000
Hand: 2
Monsters: 1 set
S/T: 2 set

Archived