V-Jump July 2013

Madols devolved into an OTK-centric.dek, and just became flat-out boring.
Ghostrick, despite being rather undermeta/casual, will likely never succumb to that.

I guess that's true. and the flavor of the newer ones weren't as good as the first wave and possible the second...

But I can see Ghostricks ending up in an OTK-centric deck, Their field spell pretty much lets you attack directly, they just need some speed or swarm capabilities and they are "good to go". Let's just hope it doesnt happen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that's true. and the flavor of the newer ones weren't as good as the first wave and possible the second...
But I can see Ghostricks ending up in an OTK-centric deck, Their field spell pretty much lets you attack directly, they just need some speed or swarm capabilities and they are "good to go". Let's just hope it doesnt happen.

Except if they even control 1 Face-up monster, that defeats all your Direct-Attacking powers.
Yes, they have a combination Tsukuyomi(w/e)-Geargiarmor, but the other Spellcaster requires player interaction, and Panic is slightly gimmicky.
As long as the archetype requires you to jump through some hoops, they won't become an over-the-top OTK.dek

I know we kinda got distracted by the whole Ghostrick thing, but did no one take note of the next promo card being Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight?

Coulda sworn either Koko or I mentioned that

It was mentioned as existing but it just kinda fell by the wayside. I'd think a retrain of BLS would be cause for concern.

But we can't really come to a conclusion, unless it has some actual confirmed effect.
Though, to be fair....
A retrain, of a retrain, is only going to lead to a clusterfux of mixed arguments.

Well, we DO have some hints...

http://i.imgur.com/1OP7hXl.jpg Monster Poll.
@ Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Twilight
Yugi: 戦士属の切り札になりそうだぜ!!"It'ls likely to be a Warrior-Type Trump Card!"
Kaiba: 属性は光か闇なのだろうな "It'll probably be LIGHT or DARK Attribute"
Yugi: 光と闇を使った魔法もありそうだぜ!!"It'll probably be able to use both LIGHT and DARK specific spells."
Kaiba: オレの「青眼(ブルーアイズ)」と相性の良いカードもあるらしい "It's probably a card that'll work well with my Blue-Eyes White Dragon"
Yuma: ビックリするような効果のトラップとかもあるってよ!! "It'll probably have a Suprising effect like a Trap Card!"
Kaito: 光や闇属性のモンスターが多く収録されそうだな "This pack will be full of LIGHT and DARK monsters."

The "Pack" is V-Jump edition... 9, I believe.

解き放たれた影は光を引き裂き、騒乱の扉が開かれる。
混沌のカオスナンバーズ96!「ブラック・ストーム」!!

邪悪なる影が迫り来る!
「CNo。(カオスナンバーズ)」を始めアニメに登場したカードを多数収録!
アニメに登場した「CNo。96ブラック・ストーム」や「CNo。65裁断魔王ジャッジ・デビル」などの「CNo。」はもちろん、遊馬やライバルたちのカードを多数収録!悪魔族やアンデット族などの邪悪なる気配や怪奇ただようカードを始め、さまざまなカードが入だぞ!

新シリーズ「ゴーストリック」登場!見え隠れする怪奇でおもてなしー「ゴーストリック・ハウス」へようこそ
現れては消える(裏側守備表示)怪奇で、あなたをおもてなししましょう。この館に隠れた「ゴーストリック」たちを捉えること(攻撃すること)は不可能ですよ。

さらなる「武神」「武神帝」が登場!「武神器」も多数収録され、その強さが研ぎ澄まされる!
「JOTL」で登場しとなっている「武神」のカード多数収録され、大幅に強化されるぞ!「武神器」を使いこなし、獣戦士族の「武神」や「武神帝」を護りながら戦うその戦略が、さらに研ぎ澄まされたものになるのだ。

Set Slogan:
Unleashed shadows, tear apart the light limb from limb, and open the doors of mayhem. Chaotic Chaos Number 96! "Black Storm!"

A Wicked, Unholy Shadow Looms! You can collect a ton of cards from the Animated Series, including "Chaos Numbers"!
Appearing from the Animated Series are "Chaos Numbers" like "Number C96: Dark Storm" and "Number C65: Judge Devil the Adjudicutting Overlord", but also a ton of cards used by Yuma and his rivals! Various other cards are included, that are touched by evil itself or are just frankly strange and bizarre,  from the Fiend and Zombie Types!

The New Series "Ghostrick" appears! Welcome to the Ghost House -- where your entertainers appear and disappear without warning!
Excuse them for vanishing strangely (going to face-down Defense Position) just as they appear, and let them entertain you. But be forewarned, it's virtually impossible to catch (Attack) the Ghostricks who dwell inside this mansion.

Another "Bujin" / "Bujin Emperor" has appeared! Included are more "Bujin Relics" that hones their strength even further!
The huge number of "Bujin" cards that appeared in Judgment of the Light are greatly enhanced here! By mastering the "Bujin Relics", you can further hone the tactics of the Beast-Warrior-Type "Bujin" and "Bujin Emperors", to defend yourself while also attacking!

Note: Does not mean more Zombies, most likely. It's just timed for Halloween in the TCG, and the OCG planned it like that.

The New Series "Ghostrick" appears! Welcome to the Ghost House -- where your entertainers appear and disappear without warning!
Excuse them for vanishing strangely (going to face-down Defense Position) just as they appear, and let them entertain you. But be forewarned, it's virtually impossible to catch (Attack) the Ghostricks who dwell inside this mansion.

Luigi's Mansion.dek

Archived