So here's my app

[spoiler: Taha Muhammed]

vsm39j.png

“Magic is just science that hasn't been explained yet.”

Personal Information

Name:Taha Muhammed a.k.a. BD

Date of Birth: October 30

School Year: Second Year

[spoiler:Appearance]vsm39j.png Taha stands a minor 5'9 and has quite a lean body. He rarely dresses outside of his school uniform mainly because school takes up so much of his time that he is rarely seen outside of it. He also wears a silver band on his wrist that looks like nothing, but in reality is the device that he uses to summon his Hyozanryu. It also doubles as a watch and monitors his vital signs.[/spoiler]

[spoiler:Personality]Taha lacks any natural talent when it comes to field of academics so he tries to make up for it by having an above average work ethic. Unfortunately he is barely used to the intensity of his curriculum which means he finds himself pulling a copious amount of all nighters. This leads to him being appearing very sleepy and almost lazy in classes. To make sure he gets far enough in his studies he tends to choose the easiest route to getting non-academic things accomplished. He's naturally decent at sports seeing as most sports have a clear defined set of rules so one doesn't have to constantly study up on how to play a sport. Thanks to the daunting education Taha loves simplicity, landscape art, instrumentals, and the basest of equations will always appeal to him. Taha loves to be a team player. He more than anyone knows the struggle of being a good student when one isn't a born genius so he tries to help first years. In a small bout of irony this adds to his stress level. The only thing that gets under his skin is the over glorification of magic. To Taha magic is simply revelation and spontaneity that lead to other scientific reactions. As a transfer student he comes from a land where magic is "hyped" as it were, but with all of the sacrificing and chants required to use it, magic didn't seem to yield good results as it were.[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Abilities]Taha does not have inherent abilities as much as he has bonded with a weapon known as Hyozanryu the diamond dragon. Hyozanryu is the product of a nanobot experiment. Taha always wears a watch that unleashes what seems to be an ever swarming army of hexagonal nanobots that devour non organic material and multiple. The primary shape of the bots is one 7 ft tall dragon with a 9 ft wing span. While in its dragon form Hyozanryu acts like a pet dragon that has a conscious and understands human reasoning.

In term of combat Hyozanryu is said to have the same texture and density as diamond. The nanobots that make up Hyozanryu still retain their ability to multiply and add on to their dragon form meaning Hyozanryu can gain additional arms, swords or anything that his master may want. Hyozanryu's second form comes in the shape of armor that equips to Taha. Thanks to Taha's direct mental and physical link to the armor it enhances his physical attributes ten fold and grants him the gift of flight. Also he becomes completely in sync with the armor meaning that there is no delay in his commands and action. Finally and almost most impressive. The nanobots are always recording and relaying information to both Taha and a server in the school. This means with the armor on Taha has pretty much 360 vision making it hard for him to be taken by surprise. Due to how awesome his armor is and his synchronicity with Hyozanryu, Taha is classified as a Level 2 Esper. [/spoiler]

[spoiler:Other Info]Taha goes to school to study mirrors. He likes join any club that involves outreach to new students and fellow exchange students.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Here is my application

[spoiler=William Magnis]
“Don't talk to me about destiny. It is only a mask we are told or forced to wear, because that's all it is... a mask.”

[hr]
Personal Information
[hr]
Name: William "Dark Road" Magnis
Date of Birth: November 21
School Year: First year
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]
William stands at about 6'6" feet tall having a fairly slim build that is still athletic yet not overly defined with lightly tanned skin. His face fairly charming with a strong jaw line and evenly defined features throughout the rest of his face, however his naturally milky white eyes seem unnatural and are fairly unsettling to most. William's black hair is kept at a length just below his shoulders and is very rarely worn down. When not wearing his school uniform William tends to wear long sleeved shirts or a short sleeve shirt with a jacket of some kind, dark blue jeans, and a pair of finger-less leather gloves. He does this to cover the dark magic seals and runes that were branded onto his arms, hands, and torso. The seals and runes to any normal person would look like tribal vines with symbols of meaning wrapped in them, to someone well versed in the magical arts the symbols are means for binding dark magical energies.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]
William is fairly quiet and tends to shy away from talking to most people, although once he has deemed you his friend he is very open and will talk as long as there are things to talk about, aside from destiny to which his response will tell you he doesn't believe it is anything more than lies. Along with always willing to talk to those he considers friends he is also willing to listen and comfort them no matter the issue they are having. Some have gone as far as saying that behind all his social walls is a heart of gold that cares for everyone. This is shown by how he usually takes others into consideration before thinking of himself and by his overprotective tendencies. While normally a very peaceful and caring person William has his limits just like anyone else and will break rather violently when pushed past those limits. He avoids this as much as possible, however one can't always run when they are being chased with torches and pitchforks.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Abilities]
As the markings on his body suggest William is in-tune with the darker arts, specifically necromancy. The seals branded into him however limit the use of his magic to self augmentation. The runes on his skin give give allow him to channel different necrotic magics. William is a close range hand to hand melee fighter who utilizes his augmentation magic often.

His powers are limited to self bone manipulation in the sense that he can conjure armor and small spikes made from his own bone, however the bone would take awhile to harden depending on how much is being made and the intricacy of what is being made so he would haft to slowly build up any type of actual armor. As well as mend minor fractures to a lesser extent.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other Info]

- Prefers instrumental music

- Aside from his alias William despises nicknames of any kind

- William is a vegetarian

- William always carries a small mp3 player in his jacket or pants pocket[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Hm, yeah, Enrise... you do happen to be above high school age, but you could still masquerade as a high school student or you could be an assistant of some kind to the teachers?

hollowxcross, aren't there always shadows? Well, I suppose he may need a large amount of shadow to be of any use.

BailasGale, I'd like to know how tall he is though.

Hm, yeah, Enrise... you do happen to be above high school age, but you could still masquerade as a high school student or you could be an assistant of some kind to the teachers?

hollowxcross, aren't there always shadows? Well, I suppose he may need a large amount of shadow to be of any use.

How about masquerading as a high school student while being an assistant to the teachers?

Yes? No?

He would be weakest at noon, because the shadows are like clay to be molded (If the shadow he is manipulating is small, he wont be able to do much with it.). He would also have trouble in darkness, because he wouldn't be able to see the shadows in order to manipulate them. But yes for the most part he will normally  have at least some shadow to use. His real strength comes from his ability to extend his own shadow, and gain control of the smaller ones, granting him more materiel, but even this is hindered when is own shadow is small.

Well, looks like I'm the only one using canon abilities.

I've got the covert pervert ready.

One more after this. Magician.

[spoiler=Tsubasa Kotobuki]
“I can see your undergarments.”

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Tsubasa Kotobuki (aka Radar Duo while with his sister, alone, he is known as the Deviant)
Date of Birth: 7 July
School Year: 2nd Year Middle School
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]Tsubasa looks and dresses female. He has medium-length black hair with an ahoge on top. His frightening demonic red eyes and his pale, white skin are a combo that can easily scare many. He has a slightly curvy yet flat figure and rises up to 1.4 metres. He dons black headphones with white infinity emblems, along with white shoes. These headphones lack wires.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Personality]When you see Tsubasa, the best method is to run. Tsubasa, along with his sister, and two people anyone should avoid. Known as the Deviant around school grounds, Tsubasa is a pervert who uses his ability for... well... perverted things. Like his sister, he likes to flirt and mess people up. His annoyance is absolute torture and being with his sister at all times makes it worse.
At times, he can be said to be a hero and will help anyone he deems worthy of protecting. However, he is an extreme cheapskate who likes money and dislikes spending, and will do anything for money. However, he still has quite a lot of common sense and won't let you have your way with him.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Abilities]Tsubasa is a Level 3 Clairvoyance. He can adjust and freely switch this ability on or off. Nearing Level 4, his Clairvoyance allows him to see through up to 3 metres of solid, opaque material through the usage of X-Rays, except lead. He can see through fog and haze easily. He uses this ability to look for hidden materials, bombs, and most importantly, peep at the girls' undergarments or censored for obvious reasons. He can even use this ability to find people. This is especially useful with his sister around to help.[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Other Information]
Of the twins, he has more common sense, and while smart, he is not as smart as his sister.
Boys and girls, magicians and espers will tend to avoid him not because of power, but because of irritation, especially if he is accompanied by his sister. That is, unless, they really need the Radar Duo to help them.
If you ask whether he is a boy or girl, he will begin talking about Schroedinger's Cat.
No one knows that he is a boy.
By paying him and his sister 500 yen per hour each, they will help you out with your task.
He is armed with a European sword and a pistol. He also has a camera with a secondary purpose - chasing foes away.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

(WIP)

"I don't like people. I like books instead. Books don't judge me.”[hr]

Personal Information[hr]

Name: Shizuka "Mute" Mikaihatsu

Date of Birth: April 13th

School Year: Freshman[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance]___Bad_Boy____by_zefair.jpg[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=Personality]WIP[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=Abilities]Pure Telekinesis: Level 0

Technically speaking, Shizuka should be a Level 5, but his extreme lack of control and refusal to use his powers willingly prevent him from officially advancing no further than a Level 0. His ability is Telekinesis in its purest and most basic form; it is the ability to move objects with his mind. Because he is a recluse and a bookworm, he is very skinny and pale, and he has very little athletic and self-defensive skill. Despite what his level says, Shizuka possibly has the strongest ESP on Earth. It's all just a case of untapped power. For example: when physically threatened, he will accidentally unleash an uncontrolled shockwave that can cause death and major structural damage at close range, hemorrhaging and cracks in concrete walls at mid-range, and disorientation and tremors at long range. But this is never something he can do willingly. It happens on instinct, and is beyond his control. This has forced him to avoid human contact - even to have a conversation - as often as possible; moving out of the way, avoiding eye contact, constantly apologizing for mistakes, etc.[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=Other Info]WIP[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=APP]

"I don't like people. I like books instead. Books don't judge me.”[hr]

Personal Information[hr]

Name: Shizuka "Mute" Mikaihatsu

Date of Birth: April 13th

School Year: Freshman[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance]___Bad_Boy____by_zefair.jpg[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=Personality]WIP[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=Abilities]Pure Telekinesis: Level 0

Technically speaking, Shizuka should be a Level 5, but his extreme lack of control and refusal to use his powers willingly prevent him from officially advancing no further than a Level 0. His ability is Telekinesis in its purest and most basic form; it is the ability to move objects with his mind. Because he is a recluse and a bookworm, he is very skinny and pale, and he has very little athletic and self-defensive skill. Despite what his level says, Shizuka possibly has the strongest ESP on Earth. It's all just a case of untapped power. For example: when physically threatened, he will accidentally unleash an uncontrolled shockwave that can cause death and major structural damage at close range, hemorrhaging and cracks in concrete walls at mid-range, and disorientation and tremors at long range. But this is never something he can do willingly. It happens on instinct, and is beyond his control. This has forced him to avoid human contact - even to have a conversation - as often as possible; moving out of the way, avoiding eye contact, constantly apologizing for mistakes, etc.[/spoiler][hr]

[spoiler=Other Info]WIP[/spoiler][hr][/spoiler]

Strongest psychic power would be godmodding and more like Level 6, just say he's an exceptionally powerful but unstable esper, which is not unheard of.

Sorry, I didn't put much background information, it seems I missed a very big point about espers and Academy City. He cannot be in Academy City if he refuses to use his power, and with such power, he'd be forcefully taken to a facility, put on drugs and all this stuff so that scientists can research it if he didn't at least cooperate a bit with them to occasionally have tests taken and such. All espers in the world, except 50 special espers known as Gemstones, have their abilities brought out through artificial means, though all people have the potential to become espers within them.

I cannot help but notice there are no magicians in the accepted apps.  Maybe that's because the magic system here seems to be at such a disadvantage when compared to Espers.  Well, as another Academy Roleplay which I have joined seems to be destined to go the way of the Dodo bird, no offense Jolta, I'm tempted to make an app for this.  Specifically to represent the magicians here, and to create someone utilizing Chaos and Order magic because I do really like playing around with the sheer versatility they have.  Basically, I'm asking if that is acceptable. 

I cannot help but notice there are no magicians in the accepted apps.  Maybe that's because the magic system here seems to be at such a disadvantage when compared to Espers.  Well, as another Academy Roleplay which I have joined seems to be destined to go the way of the Dodo bird, no offense Jolta, I'm tempted to make an app for this.  Specifically to represent the magicians here, and to create someone utilizing Chaos and Order magic because I do really like playing around with the sheer versatility they have.  Basically, I'm asking if that is acceptable. 

Sure, we'll just balance it somehow if there's a problem with it.

Well, I saw nothing about dorms, so can my character live in a funded mansion near the Institute? I know I've never seen a mansion in the Raildexverse... but... I really need a place to place victims.

Well, time for fun!

It's a good thing canonical characters will probably not appear. TouMAN will break this lady's screwed up illusions if he were to find her secret basement of... glory.

I know the Necronomicon is actually more of a Bible... but...

[spoiler=The Necronomicon]
“You little brats will pay...”

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Shinka "the Necronomicon" Kuroki
Date of Birth:
School Year: 2nd Year High School
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]Shinka is most noteworthy for her pair of glasses. She has a curvacious, busty figure with a D-cup, and has a height of 1.73 metres. Her long, navy blue hair which veils her mysterious, unseen eyes are tied up in a single braid. She is only slightly tan, and can often be seen with that emotionless smile of hers. She wears black boots and loose socks. Outside of school, she can be seen wearing her cult clothes, which is a forest-green robe over her head with some BDSM-esque clothing underneath(think Sasha).[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Personality]Shinka is a horrendous person. She has little care for human life, except those of any friends she might have. She is considered 'insane', and loves to use kidnap and use human sacrifices she keeps in her basement, and ensuring no one finds out. She loves to experiment on new summoning techniques, which isn't exactly a good thing. When in battle, she will give her all and attempt to slay her opponents.
Her victims are mostly young lovers, so it is implied that she is jealous of those who fall in love. Her victims also include those whom she considers 'worthless to this world'. She also despises social interaction, and considers it a neccesary evil. She will not hestitate to use her charms and any seductiveness she has to lure her prey into her basement.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Abilities]Shinka uses the power of the Necronomicon, a type of magic spellbook that allows her to summon many different kinds of Eldreitch Abominations from the Cthulhu Mythos. The way she stores information from the Necronomicon in her brain is similiar to the way Index stores all those grimiores in hers. She can summon these creatures. Regular pawns come in numbers and cannot respawn. She will be able to tap into more summons later. She can only use each of these once per day. 'Regular' summons don't have any actual abilities apart from fighting styles and greater-than-human strength, or in some cases, adaptability to certain environments or flight. For 'Higher' summons, specific runes with ink placed all over the area are required, in which they regenerate from. For those that require sacrifices, runes must be placed on sacrifices. These sacrifices can be revived through advanced Necromancy, or through a certain item known as a 'Fragment of Azathoth', which has been falling from the sky once every few hours since Shinka came to the city. Her magic runs on words. If her speech is temporarily disabled, she cannot summon.

Despite having information from the Necronomicon, she is still required to carry it in her hands for a 100% successful summon. Otherwise, she only has a 75% success rate.

She only invites these creatures to our realm, and cannot directly manipulate them at will. She can issue orders, though.

If you stare into her hidden eyes for more than ten seconds, you will temporarily turn into the same species as one of her 'regular' summons. Your abilities will be weakened. Your speech is affected, too.

She has lots of rope and duct tape made from materials that cannot be broken by a Level 2 or lower Esper. This is precisely how she keeps her hostages in place, and this will not be used for combat.

Regular
Mi-go (Max. 4)
Shoggoth (Max. 2)
Snakeman (Max. 5)
Deep One (Max. 3)
Shantak (Max. 2)

Higher
Dagon(Deep Ones must be used previously) - This being boasts superior defenses, and is about 30 metres tall.
Hydra(Deep One must be used previously) - This being boasts superior speed, and is about 30 metres tall.
Cthugha - One human sacrifice required, although animal souls can be used in place. A living flame capable of fire magic. Its temperatures have the potential to melt diamond.
Nyarlathotep - Ten human sacrifices must be used to summon this Crawling Chaos. Everyone within two hundred metres of it(including Shinka) will go insane. Its strength is vast enough to smash a one-storey building, and it is only 6 metres tall.
Atlach-Nacha - Four human sacrifices required. This spider can launch and create virtually indestructable webs as a form of defense or offense.[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Other Information]She doesn't value human lives, except those of any friends she may meet.
She can be pretty tsundere sometimes. Well, she did live in Tsundora once.
She lives in a mansion funded by a certain dedicated cult, in which she is part of. The mansion's basement is filled with Espers and Level 0s who will be used as sacrifices. The mansion is rather close to her school.
Upon hearing about the 'mass-produced clones' rumours, she has been trying to look into it so that she can acquire technology to create more sacrifices in case she runs out. She is practicing how to hack for the sake of this.
I intend to use her as the centre of a future arc where she and her crazy cult members (attempt to) summon Azathoth using hundreds of sacrifices.
She is armed with a crowbar, mainly used for knocking people unconscious. She has a lot, a lot of crowbars, some funded by her cult as standard issue weapons, others carved or molded during freetime, and the rest were just lying around. Some of these crowbars belong to Skill-Outs who have been sacrificed in the name of the Great Old Ones, and the Outer Gods.
She is trying to acquire a Capacity Down..[/spoiler][/spoiler]

I want to make a Magician to balance out the party, but I'm trying to fully grasp how they work. For example, do they ALWAYS need an object? Does it need to be a special "religion" object, or can it just be a normal thing depending on the power? Do I have to follow a God/Religion that exists in our world, or can I create a more convenient one? I could PM you exactly what I have in mind.

...actually, I think I WILL PM you.

Man, why is science so much easier.

Man, why is science so much easier.

Because science.

I'm still working on my Cyber Mage, but I'm curious, because I don't this one purely my idea. I actually want some input from EVERYONE here. What do you guys want to see in this Cyber Mage?

Archived