A Certain Incredible Institute [OoC/S/A]

Aix

[spoiler=Dani Septim]
Ezrealfull1394767_zps8f0f73b9.jpg?t=1372
“The magic of science, the science of magic. The two are interchangeable, the two are one.”

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Dani "Cyber Mage" Septim (The Cyber Mage title has yet to apply to him, as it is unsure if he will be a Magician or Esper)
Date of Birth: June 4th
School Year: Second year
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]
An even 6' tall character, Dani has a fairly slim but toned body. While the rest of his body seems natural, only his right arm is robotic. The 'shell' is made up of several layers, the top being made of Silicon (Si), while the middle layer is made of Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs), and the bottom layer, which supports the whole shell of the arm is made of Titanium Diboride (TiB2); the rest of the arm is well protected by the shell, but is very sensitive to [acronym=For example, if a shard somehow gets underneath the shell, and cuts a certain wire, that could reduce the speed of the finger movements, which could be detrimental in the future, possibly making the fingers unable to move at all]external sources[/acronym]. While his prosthetic is white, his skin is sort of pinkish from being in the outside for sometime, though he has started to recently stay inside. (Face is shown in the picture).

Dani has a peculiar sense of style, and wears whatever type of clothing he wants to wear. One day he could be wearing business attires, and the next he could be wearing punk clothing, casual t-shirt and ripped jeans, or the most insane metalhead gear you can imagine. Sometimes, he'll even cosplay as a Viking or Medieval Knight for sh*ts and giggles on a whim and dare. But he won't wear girl's clothing. No matter what.
[spoiler=Right Arm]
Cybernetic_Arm_by_Ragaru.jpg
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Personality]
While he does enjoy being outside and with people, there are times where Dani wishes to be left alone. Whenever Dani is with people or outside, he can be really outgoing and fun, and doesn't really care about his studies or whatever happens outside his area, as long as he's with his friends or with people, he'll have the time of his life; he can be thought of someone who is really easy to get along with and can establish a strong relationship with someone. However, whenever he wants to be left alone, he generally enters a study habit and doesn't wish to be disturbed unless it's something very important. He often studies machines and technology, and see how science and magic can truly come together, and not just momentarily, but permanently.

Being that he is a new student at the school, and therefore doesn't know anyone, he doesn't know how to respond to other students, since this is a magic and esper school, people who have powers, while he does not. Because of his lack of power against anyone, he will try and steer clear from anyone unless they make the first move. Because of his transfer to the new school, he will most likely develop some sort of paranoia or anxiety, believing that someone will try and attack him from behind, perhaps even killing him. That being said, he is already afraid of [acronym=While riding a car with friends inside the city, they started to drive inside the tunnel. Being that the tunnel has a limited space, the tunnel's lights soon shut off without notice. Though there was some visibility, Dani could see the cars coming from other directions because of low visibility; he saw one car coming from ahead, and Dani jumped out of the car to try and escape death. Although escaping the car that would no doubt crash, he didn't see another car coming from a different direction. Barely moving out of the way, the car only crushed his right arm, and crashed into the wall. His arm still trapped, he had to try and escape to survive. The car soon had an engine problem, and gave a small explosion. Granted, Dani was able to survive the explosion, but not without the cost of his arm. The force of the explosion forced him away from his death. Bloody, beaten, and losing a limb, the lights came back on...]death[/acronym], after his accident, and will try whatever it takes to survive, perhaps even abandoning the area. However, he also has a guilty conscience that conflicts his desire for survival, and will sometimes will stand there not knowing what to do until he decides for himself, usually to a fault.

His lifetime enjoyment is fiddling with technology and machines, seeing what makes things tick and work. While he does love taking apart things, he loves making new things out of it. Because of this, he also thought about synthesizing magic and science together, creating more possibilities for a better future. He will always do a daily check-up on his prosthetic to make sure it's in 100% condition, so he doesn't wander into a disagreement with a nearly broken arm, so to speak. He will focus more on his [acronym=This is possibly due to the accident that occurred earlier in his life time, seeing as how technology failed his at that moment in his life, which impacted his future, possibly thinking that technology is faulted to an extent, and that utilizing magic and science together can change that.]studies and research[/acronym] than actual human contact however.[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Abilities]
Dani doesn't have any abilities. The only thing considered as a combat advantage is that he has a robotic arm that's incredibly durable and provides a defense, and his somewhat athletic build. While he has no actual combat, esper, or magical abilities, he does have superb technology maintenance skills and does have modern day science knowledge to his advantage, possibly aiding allies and hindering enemies. Eventually down the line, he may get upgrades on his prosthetic, which could enable some sort of combative ability, but also provide more efficient defense.[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Other Info]
Dani is a transfer student who came from the U.S., after losing his arm in a terrible accident. After coming to Japan, he was able to achieve this arm as a prototype to an upcoming prosthetic model line, and regularly sends in reports to them.
He doesn't know what to do while he is at the Institute, but considered joining Judgment or Anti-Skill, but feels that he probably wouldn't make it.
His arm is made of real elements and materials, but his upgrades could be made of fictional materials.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Septim... =_=

But, I do like his goals.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there some sort of problem?

I mean, I'd like to know why you decided to make my small text really large.

(:I)

It was some sort of bug that made it like that. Not my doing. Nah, there's no problem.

Timewise, this will start from the end of Index II and I'm going to completely ignore what's in the light novels, because I'm bound to miss something if I try to incorporate that stuff.

Because there will be things on a city-wide or global crisis scale, you could get to see some of the Level 5s in action though, but I'd like to avoid Touma.

Timewise, this will start from the end of Index II and I'm going to completely ignore what's in the light novels, because I'm bound to miss something if I try to incorporate that stuff.

Because there will be things on a city-wide or global crisis scale, you could get to see some of the Level 5s in action though, but I'd like to avoid Touma.

And speaking of time, when will this RP start, to say the least?

We have a somewhat large range of power levels, but I'll try to make it so that weaker characters can actually do something and I'll pick on the stronger characters to get into trouble and leave it to the weaker characters to save them :3

Besides, this RP has a slice of life half to it as well.

It will work out.

Well, my character is considered weak and a very situational fighter (as it depends on the environment to use luck as means of combat) So I guess I should prepare myself for this? Hahaha.

Updated my app, nerfed Envy to not being able to understand abilities on others. And changed Greed entirely. As for personality and appearance, added more info. The reason he's only in 1st year is in Other Info. Hmm, if there's still problem with the appearance, imma try and make a pic to submit at a later time if its ok. Gonna take a while to get it drawn :)

Is there a threshold of quality for the character or is he open?

Just do your best. ^_^ As Keto said, if any changes are needed, I will let you know. The only threshhold is that Personality section must be "one paragraph" as dictated by the section rules, which I will interpret as 100 words or 4 lines of text.

IC will be up today, but considering the number of people who will have to post, I'm sure anyone who wants to join will have enough time to get their app in and do the first post in time.

and if so, can we make up some sort of scene that occurs not too far from the assembly itself? 

If your character is the type to ditch school or maybe they are late for one reason or another, go ahead.

Archived