A Certain Incredible Institute [OoC/S/A]

Aix

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of balance, I wonder how balanced all the characters are...

We have a somewhat large range of power levels, but I'll try to make it so that weaker characters can actually do something and I'll pick on the stronger characters to get into trouble and leave it to the weaker characters to save them :3

Besides, this RP has a slice of life half to it as well.

It will work out.

Oh yeah, forgot to say this earlier, but is any person(s) willing to do a particularly dramatic entrance? The RP will start at the opening ceremony of Stravvgoll Institute. Think on it and please tell me if you are (you are free to leave it as a surprise, but tell me if it's a good or bad surprise, hopefully a bad surprise).

By the way guys, I may as well point it out now, Stravvgoll Institute was my clever way of writing l logvvarts.

I'd be willing to do a dramatic entrance.  Would be sensible for Will to do considering his whole take on wanting to represent the mages as best he can, so he'd want to show up and display the power of magic as immediately as possible.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what sort of trouble you get him in to that he needs to be saved from.

I'd be willing to do a dramatic entrance.  Would be sensible for Will to do considering his whole take on wanting to represent the mages as best he can, so he'd want to show up and display the power of magic as immediately as possible.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what sort of trouble you get him in to that he needs to be saved from.

Thanks, Keto.

Kidnapping while your powers get disabled/greatly weakened would work. And then, it'd be up to you guys to be faced with trying to escape while your friends on the outside try to gather clues and locate you.

I won't say more and I do have more ideas.

And there's also that people can get stronger to even things out.

Hey Axi?
My guy's a transfer, but is it alright if my guy had discovered his powers before he had arrived through an accident or something?

Are you talking about being a mage or esper?

Either way, I suppose you'd be fine, actually.

best app

/thread

[spoiler="The Neutral Seraph"]NQzJyRr.png

"Here, take a Coke - if you're quick enough. Tick-a-click, tick-a-click, grab it before the clock goes: TOCK!" *disintegrates the can*

[hr]

Personal Information

Name: [acronym="This is not his actual name, but merely an alias. His true name is unknown, and many assume this names is his real one, due to no knowledge of the aforementioned true name. Other various names are not included, as he switches and creates new ones as needed, although 'Stellan Kazmir' seems to be a favorite of his, although not known why."]"Stellan Kazmir"[/acronym]

ESPER name: The Neutral Seraph

Date of Birth: June 12th

School Year: [acronym="By the Japanese School System"]3rd Year[/acronym]

[spoiler="Appearance"]"Stellan" appears somewhat older than his age might suggest, but he can still pass for 17 with some various techniques. With a light-tan skin color, he doesn't appear unhealthy, and stands at an average height of about 5'9. When in his casual attire, he can be seen almost always in his near-trademark black shirt, belted jeans, and his coat with white faux fur around the neck and bottom. He almost always is grinning, whether it be a normal one, or one that can appear extremely creepy at times, or various other types.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Personality"]"Stellan" was and still mostly is the type of person that seems to be a mixture of eccentricity, amusing mood changes, humor, and energy. Never one to be really down or unhappy, his permanent smile is a genuine one. Being relatively known back where he dwelled most of his life as a person to spark humorous arguments, much to the distaste of some of the elders, his decent pick-pocketing skills had also been a part of such. He returned what he got however, as from his place, it was relatively known for some exclusive items and trade, but the majority of the natives were poor. His eccentricity comes into part where he goes on fancy dares to lighten the purses of the rich who occasionally drop by. Unlike any normal thief however, one might say he has a gift. Almost as if "Stellan" has some font of bizarre ideas in his head, the town kids follow and watch him, to see how he would hit his next target. One of his rather well-known ones were when he impersonated as a stall owner, and when the victim came to buy, with a sleight of hand, switched out the cash cards for a counterfeit. For some unknown reason though, the stall disappeared within minutes of the man's unknowing trick. His strange but amusing mood changes come in the form of various ways. When "Stellan" isn't outright happy and energized, he takes on a sage, enigmatic appearance, and seems to deeply think, but when one comes and approaches him, bursts out in laughter, before dashing off with a display of acrobatics. No one really understands him when this happens, but take it as part of his strange personality. Finally, his energy comes into play with all mentioned and before. Seemingly bright and happy all the time, one can see him full of energy, bouncing around, whistling, or when he goes for a daredevil pick-pocket session.

He is also very intellectual, and is capable of planning out decisions far ahead of the immediate moment, and even if his plan differs, and he occasionally lands in a completely unexpected result, can instantly improvise and keep moving. When he has time to think, he can make great decisions, but in the split-second moment of the heat, his body and instinct fuel a near incredible output, allowing him to quickly finish almost all of the things he needed to do originally.

As for his morality, or his "good" or "bad" as some say, it differs from which person you ask. To those he had thieved from, he is an outright criminal, and some say he should be locked away. To those who actually know the details of his life, he is almost a Robin Hood of sorts. His friends and neighbors are all natives of the town he came from, just as he was, and most of the money and various things he had lifted went to those. The only things he had ever kept were a Spyderco Vesuvius Folding Knife, which he still carries today, and the jacket he wears. "Stellan" had lived a hard life, but isn't one that someone could call just instantly bad. In a cutthroat place, he was constantly pressed by the harsh facts of reality and circumstances, and that was the only way he could make a living. He knew of money, but the neighborhood in which he lived barely used it, and instead, shared and bartered for everything, when the rich men weren't in. Food doesn't last forever though, and eventually, he escaped for one of the larger and richer cities that were nearby, and although he still makes quick trips down to help his friends and family, he now spent most of his time "dancing" through the allies of the city, and eventually, found an honest way to live which could actually support him, without having to take things out of others pockets. Although he was a die-hard, and couldn't resist lifting pockets every now and then, he lived somewhat normally.

However, through a [acronym="A group of bullies had repeatedly harassed and physically abused him before, which resulted in often wishing he was in a different place, where such things wouldn't happen. On one day, the bullies pushed him one step too far, and something snapped within him, which exploded out of him, vaporizing the nearby concrete walls and floor. Realizing what had happened, although not knowing of ESPers or anything such, he knew he was strange, and had to once more flee his new home again, and he's now on the run, trying to find a place to be, not sure where to go."]rare accident[/acronym], "Stellan" had discovered his powers, and he is a bit quieter, and slightly more withdrawn nowadays. He still acts normally as he once did, but one could tell the smile and moods seemed to be a little more plastic, faker, less genuine as they once were, if one from nowadays and before were compared, although most might not notice it.[/spoiler]

[hr]

Combat Information

[spoiler="Items"]Spyderco Vesuvius Folding Knife

"Stellan" carries this knife around with him on his body at all times. It's a rather nice folding knife at that, and it costs a pretty penny to own. With a comfortable black handle and clip, as well as a safety measure lock, usage is smooth and it's shiny, razor-sharp blade dominates with a savage beauty. A hole is in the top of the blade to allow easy flicking-out of the such, and even if it is somewhat worn now, he carries this as his primary tool, and occasionally, a weapon. A strange thing is, no matter how much officials had tried to strip him of his blade, it always seemed to disappear into thin air. This weapon doesn't seem to have drawn any blood, but who knows…?[/spoiler]

[spoiler="ESPER Ability"]Archbeing

A powerful Level 4 ESPER ability, the user can manipulate entropy and syntropy to his will. This includes, but is not limited to, disintegrating various things, as they are forced through entropy. As for syntropy, it can be used for many uses, including, but not limited to, healing and repairing damaged structures. At a Level 4 stage, the user can command entropy and syntropy freely within a 20-foot radius sphere, with the user at its epicenter. Its reach can be extended beyond that however, if a connection between the user and its target exists. Due to this, if something as massive as a skyscraper comes into direct contact with the user, the user could "pulse" his entropy throughout the building, essentially deconstructing the building into rubble, given enough time. At this level, it would take mere couple of seconds to disintegrate a surface area of something that is around 72 square feet if direct hand contact was made - for instance, a section of a house's wall. Even on the outer edges of the sphere, it would maybe take a dozen seconds maximum. However, there is resistance when one tries to target a living organism. For small things such as insects, they barely require any effort, but to target a human would take much more effort, and the user would have to expend a great deal of energy to kill a human.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Other Abilities"]Knife Fighting

Having grown up on the streets in a country where it was still very cutthroat and basic, even with some education here and there, "Stellan" grew up struggling to get by. Having pick-pocketed for a while to get enough money to eat, he eventually stumbled upon a few diamonds in the rough, so to speak. Having managed to lift the knife he loves and carries with him all the time nowadays, he had an actually refined tool for once. Even before that however, "Stellan" carried around a couple of cheap knives, which he used to slit purses, and occasionally to fight off other scavengers who would try to come after anyone with decent possessions. Having learned through experience, he quickly developed a extremely quick and fast-moving technique of sorts that was unique to him. It might not be anything you could learn from a text-book, but it worked for him, and that was good enough. In one unlucky match however, he had received a rather ugly cut across his back, which still remains in the form of a scar today. It no longer hampers him, but still, it is something to be mentioned.

Hand to Hand Fighting

As well as knife fighting techniques, when the use of those were restricted, "Stellan" was forced to learn close combat fighting techniques. Again, these were mostly improvisations, then things he added on, but it was decently effective against opponents, and he can grapple and fight with enemies that are slightly larger in body mass then him. "Stellan" undoubtably had broken several of his bones and dislocated a shoulder once, in these fighting matches, but after time and restoration, he is back to his normal condition.

Pick-Pocketing

"Stellan" is a near master at pick-pocketing, having learned through various trial-and-error runs, as well as the actual runs that result sometimes from an "error". With fingers as light as the air itself, most don't feel anything when they get hit. His friends joke that he could take a person's clothes right off their back.

Acrobatics

He is gifted at acrobatics as well as running. This dexterity is partially an inborn gift, but "Stellan" had also had to practice because of his rather touchy way of living. Nowadays, he can escape across buildings and stalls, flying through the crowd almost as if he was a wraith of some sort, ducking and weaving in and about. He can climb and swing around like some sort of monkey, and the local authorities can't manage to catch him, and "Stellan" enjoys the adrenaline rush, and sometimes leads the authorities on various chases.[/spoiler]

[hr]

Other Information

• "Stellan" is somewhat a pervert when he is messing around with people's heads.

• He abhors killing, breaking bones or the like if required, but "Stellan" refuses to take lives.

• He doesn't like eating that much.[/spoiler]

Shit, shit, shit, shit. Just realized that Entropy and Syntropy are the same as Ketodama's Chaos and Order. Oh well, I suppose it will illustrate that magic and esper ability can be similar. I hope some rivalry or something will arise, maybe?

Alright, fixed.

And I didn't notice Keto's app, but I figured that even if they are the same thing, one is a magic-esque use of it, the other is a more science-defined (sort of) definition twisted to apply as powers. Also, they might be more or less the same (Magic/Science), but our attack methods and all are different.

And by coincidence, I just finished watching Index season 1 today. And I loved Railgun S1, so...what the heck.

"If I ever find the demonic being who made ties mandatory in school uniforms, I will do things to them which I can't describe while in class..."
Personal Information

Name: Sam Lawrence
Date of Birth: November 21st
School Year: 2nd (Everyone seems to love second year...)

[spoiler=Appearance]
Sam stands at 5'4", so he certainly isn't the tallest guy around. He's not very muscular (at all), and while he's not fat, he isn't overly skinny either. He's a ginger, with close-cut red hair, and a whole bunch of freckles. He also has blue eyes, and a rather prominent nose. Other than that, he has a pretty plain face, one you'd forget if it wasn't so covered in freckles. Outside of school, he wears any t-shirt and shorts he pulls out of his dresser (basically, anything without a tie involved).[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]
Sam is a pretty laid back guy. He generally tries to stay out of trouble, and any awkward situations. However, he will jump into dangerous situations if he finds it necessary, generally to protect somebody. Also, he tries his hardest to help anyone he finds who's addicted to something- this stems from the death of his heroin-addict brother, Blaine. Regardless of whether someone is in trouble due to drugs, or something else entirely, Sam will help them out if it's within his ability to do so. He isn't going to be the guy leading a crusade against evil, though. When a person is in danger, he acts fast, and doesn't really think about the consequences- after he determines the person needs help. Under normal circumstances, he's pretty calm, and does nothing more drastic than cracking horrible puns at every opportunity. He also likes to take his time in deciding things, when the situation allows for it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
Sam is a mid-range Level 3 esper. His ability is called Element Bond. Essentially, it allows him to absorb molecules from certain substances, and combine them with his own body through physical contact. For example, if he touches a tree, he can draw on it's molecules to turn himself into wood. However, doing so physically removes molecules from the object, so it will be damaged. The damage is spread out around the entire object though, so as long as he uses his ability on something big, it doesn't matter that much. He can bond (change) his entire body, or just individual parts. To bond successfully, he needs access to an amount of substance equal to half the weight of the body part he's bonding to, although this amount could be reduced through training. Currently, he is only able to bond to four substances- Concrete, soil, steel, and the type of wood most abundant in the city. Also, he can only have his entire body bonded for around 7 minutes, maybe 10 if he pushes, although that would leave him exhausted and possibly injured. He's not really a fighter, and doesn't have any skill with weapons. If he has to fight, he fights mano a mano.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other Info]
-Sam is mildly into engineering, and is working on a pet project to make a homemade railgun that actually works and doesn't shock you when you fire it.
-He has a thing for salmon fillets.
-He moved to Academy City from Colorado in 1st grade, when his mother came to the city to research.[/spoiler]

I guess this means many of us know each other already?  Well, at least we know of each other?

No. Unless you are supposed to be famous, like my character, who is the Judgment poster boy. The idea is that you guys, if espers, all are pulled from different schools and if magician, well, you are new to Academy City. You are free to establish pre-series relations here in OoC if you so wish.

Pacmanexus, thou art accepted.

Hah, how about that! I actually finished him! Though I think I might need to do some edits down the line...

[spoiler=Dani Septim]
Ezrealfull1394767_zps8f0f73b9.jpg?t=1372
“The magic of science, the science of magic. The two are interchangeable, the two are one.”

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Dani "Cyber Mage" Septim (The Cyber Mage title has yet to apply to him, as it is unsure if he will be a Magician or Esper)
Date of Birth: June 4th
School Year: Second year
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]
An even 6' tall character, Dani has a fairly slim but toned body. While the rest of his body seems natural, only his right arm is robotic. The 'shell' is made up of several layers, the top being made of Silicon (Si), while the middle layer is made of Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs), and the bottom layer, which supports the whole shell of the arm is made of Titanium Diboride (TiB2); the rest of the arm is well protected by the shell, but is very sensitive to [acronym=For example, if a shard somehow gets underneath the shell, and cuts a certain wire, that could reduce the speed of the finger movements, which could be detrimental in the future, possibly making the fingers unable to move at all]external sources[/acronym]. While his prosthetic is white, his skin is sort of pinkish from being in the outside for sometime, though he has started to recently stay inside. (Face is shown in the picture).

Dani has a peculiar sense of style, and wears whatever type of clothing he wants to wear. One day he could be wearing business attires, and the next he could be wearing punk clothing, casual t-shirt and ripped jeans, or the most insane metalhead gear you can imagine. Sometimes, he'll even cosplay as a Viking or Medieval Knight for sh*ts and giggles on a whim and dare. But he won't wear girl's clothing. No matter what.
[spoiler=Right Arm]
Cybernetic_Arm_by_Ragaru.jpg
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Personality]
While he does enjoy being outside and with people, there are times where Dani wishes to be left alone. Whenever Dani is with people or outside, he can be really outgoing and fun, and doesn't really care about his studies or whatever happens outside his area, as long as he's with his friends or with people, he'll have the time of his life; he can be thought of someone who is really easy to get along with and can establish a strong relationship with someone. However, whenever he wants to be left alone, he generally enters a study habit and doesn't wish to be disturbed unless it's something very important. He often studies machines and technology, and see how science and magic can truly come together, and not just momentarily, but permanently.

Being that he is a new student at the school, and therefore doesn't know anyone, he doesn't know how to respond to other students, since this is a magic and esper school, people who have powers, while he does not. Because of his lack of power against anyone, he will try and steer clear from anyone unless they make the first move. Because of his transfer to the new school, he will most likely develop some sort of paranoia or anxiety, believing that someone will try and attack him from behind, perhaps even killing him. That being said, he is already afraid of [acronym=While riding a car with friends inside the city, they started to drive inside the tunnel. Being that the tunnel has a limited space, the tunnel's lights soon shut off without notice. Though there was some visibility, Dani could see the cars coming from other directions because of low visibility; he saw one car coming from ahead, and Dani jumped out of the car to try and escape death. Although escaping the car that would no doubt crash, he didn't see another car coming from a different direction. Barely moving out of the way, the car only crushed his right arm, and crashed into the wall. His arm still trapped, he had to try and escape to survive. The car soon had an engine problem, and gave a small explosion. Granted, Dani was able to survive the explosion, but not without the cost of his arm. The force of the explosion forced him away from his death. Bloody, beaten, and losing a limb, the lights came back on...]death[/acronym], after his accident, and will try whatever it takes to survive, perhaps even abandoning the area. However, he also has a guilty conscience that conflicts his desire for survival, and will sometimes will stand there not knowing what to do until he decides for himself, usually to a fault.

His lifetime enjoyment is fiddling with technology and machines, seeing what makes things tick and work. While he does love taking apart things, he loves making new things out of it. Because of this, he also thought about synthesizing magic and science together, creating more possibilities for a better future. He will always do a daily check-up on his prosthetic to make sure it's in 100% condition, so he doesn't wander into a disagreement with a nearly broken arm, so to speak. He will focus more on his [acronym=This is possibly due to the accident that occurred earlier in his life time, seeing as how technology failed his at that moment in his life, which impacted his future, possibly thinking that technology is faulted to an extent, and that utilizing magic and science together can change that.]studies and research[/acronym] than actual human contact however.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler=Abilities]
Dani doesn't have any abilities. The only thing considered as a combat advantage is that he has a robotic arm that's incredibly durable and provides a defense, and his somewhat athletic build. While he has no actual combat, esper, or magical abilities, he does have superb technology maintenance skills and does have modern day science knowledge to his advantage, possibly aiding allies and hindering enemies. Eventually down the line, he may get upgrades on his prosthetic, which could enable some sort of combative ability, but also provide more efficient defense.[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Other Info]
Dani is a transfer student who came from the U.S., after losing his arm in a terrible accident. After coming to Japan, he was able to achieve this arm as a prototype to an upcoming prosthetic model line, and regularly sends in reports to them.
He doesn't know what to do while he is at the Institute, but considered joining Judgment or Anti-Skill, but feels that he probably wouldn't make it.
His arm is made of real elements and materials, but his upgrades could be made of fictional materials.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Archived