A Certain Incredible Institute [OoC/S/A]

Aix

Because science.

I'm still working on my Cyber Mage, but I'm curious, because I don't this one purely my idea. I actually want some input from EVERYONE here. What do you guys want to see in this Cyber Mage?

robot arms, they're the coolest part of the robot

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyber Mage, huh?
Maybe things like analysing machines so that you can generate personal, modified versions of them from your limbs or something. If you get your hands on an AIM Jammer I cannot even comprehend anymore.

Well, looks like everyone is going for magicks now. Looks like my lovely AIM Stalker won't be of much use for now.

robot arms, they're the coolest part of the robot

Cyber Mage, huh?
Maybe things like analysing machines so that you can generate personal, modified versions of them from your limbs or something. If you get your hands on an AIM Jammer I cannot even comprehend anymore.

Well, looks like everyone is going for magicks now. Looks like my lovely AIM Stalker won't be of much use for now.

I already had one robot arm decided. I could do two if need be.

But I also want to see what type of personality, appearance (besides the robot arm(s)), etc. Hell, even tiny pieces in the Other Section, or abilities.

But so perhaps your character's AIM Stalker would be more useful, perhaps a Cyber Mage/Esper combo?

Granted, the Esper abilities would only be used for the robot arm(s) and used for the Cyber Magical mumbo jumbo.

Is that alright Aix?

So, I'm kinda interested in joining this, and I have some kind of WIP, but I have a question. Is it okay if my character's Esper ability is "The ability to look at and re-write a person's history"?

I remember that ability from Bleach.

That sh*t could potentially be overpowered.

Keyword: potentially.

WillBlackmooreFace_zpsa9d2625a.jpg

"All that is meant by 'power corrupts' is that when one who had little or no power is given it, they are sure to never be the same again."

Personal Information:

Name: William "Will" Johnathon Blackmoore

Date of Birth: February 29 (On non-leap years he celebrates his birthday on March 1)

School Year: Second Year

[spoiler=Appearance]

This boy stands fairly tall for his age, often a full head over those of more normal stature around him.  Consequently, he is of a rather slender build.  That is not to say that he isn't a particularly athletic sort simply that at first glance he does not seem to be one that you would consider particularly strong.  Where skin color is concerned, Will is significantly darker than the average Irishman due to spending a lot of time out in the sun.  Most of the skin on his body has darkened to a nice leathery tan, though that is hardly the most startling aspect of his appearance.  What IS the most startling aspect are the runes tattooed in black ink across the whole of his body, face excluded.  For the most part these runes are generally those meant to improve the conductivity of one's body to allow for an easier flow of mana.  There are however three instances of more unique runes upon his body.  The first of these are runes meant to be energized for the purpose of storing extra spells, and four of these are tattooed on the outside of each of his forearms.  The second is one tattooed upon each of his palms, and is meant to ease the passage of mana for spells out of his body.  The third is meant more to symbolize his connection to Chaos and Order better than the others, and is placed in quite a large size over the center of his chest.  As far as hair is concerned, his would hang down to nearly his shoulders were it not constantly held up into spikes well up from his head.  His eyes could be seen as  being a bright yellow that seems to shine of its own light.

The matter of casual wear ought to be addressed.  When he is permitted to wear something other than his school uniform, he typically goes barefoot and wears only a pair of nicely-fitting khaki shorts secured to his form with a belt.  This is the primary reason his skin is so darkly tanned.

[spoiler= The First Symbol]

Order_and_Chaos_by_krazedkei_zps7b9bf759[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The Second Symbol (Oriented with the longest branch between his middle and ring fingers)]

Chaotic_Arrow_by_krazedkei_zpsf8aba949.j[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The Third Symbol]

Chaos_Order_by_krazedkei_zpsd314b7d9.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Will could best be described as, well, intense.  He smiles rarely, is quiet more often than not, wears a frown as frequently as he is quiet, and is absolutely devoted to his studies.  When in class, his attention rests solely on the teacher and he focuses on them to such a degree that he often hears what they are saying even over great noise being made in the classroom.  In the place of friends, Will prefers a good book to read.  Specifically, a book which could expand his knowledge of the specific form of magic which he wields.  When he makes a decision, it is very unlikely that he'll be changing his mind on the matter.

When making decisions, Will typically asks himself four questions regarding the decision: "How will this benefit mages as a whole?", "How will this benefit me?", "What will this cost me?", and "Do the benefits outweigh the costs?"  Thanks to a quick mind, he can often answer these questions himself and very quickly.  If someone attempts to get him to agree to any sort of deal, he will not do so unless he is given every piece of information regarding his end of the bargain.

Morality is a difficult question to answer.  His primary motivations are, in this order, to prove that Magic has a proper place in this world, and to improve his own standing on the whole.  As such, most of his actions will be done according to those goals.  Hence his reasons for joining the school.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Abilities]

The Magic of Chaos:  Chaos can best be defined as making things change.  Because of this, the energies most closely associated with this particular branch of the arcane arts are highly unstable and require a remarkably strong will to safely wield.  For one who can wield them they grant a plethora of abilities, most of which are centered around unleashing destruction or making things less stable.  The more skillful one is at manipulating these energies, the finer detail one can manage when utilizing them.  That is to say, the less energy they can use to achieve the same goal.  Will is moderately skilled in this.

The Magic of Order:  Order is, conversely, best defined as keeping things the way they are.  The energies affiliated with Order also require a strong will to wield, because they are remarkably difficult to summon forth in the first place.  Order Mages most often wield defensive powers, such as the creation of wards and barriers.  One who is more skilled in the utilization of Order Magic can call up greater amounts of energy for it and thus produce stronger barriers.  Will's skill is also moderate in this.

Combining The Magics:  There is benefit in utilizing both chaos and order at once, in that the moderated change brought about can be used to create to a degree varying upon the skill of the user.  This also allows for casting spells which either heal a living thing's wounds or repair damage to a non-living thing.  Will is only skilled enough in this to create simple inanimate objects and heal minor wounds or repair minor damage.  It should be noted that combining these magics requires intense concentration and even then is remarkably dangerous.  Were the reaction of the two destabilized, the result could be compared to the combination of Matter and Anti-Matter.  In other words, a large explosion that is likely to kill those unfortunate enough to be close to the center of the blast.

Further Notes on the Magics:  Utilizing Chaos and Order magics puts a great deal of strain upon one's body.  Without the proper runes inscribed upon oneself, each use of a either would risk severe bodily harm.  Even with the proper runes, over time a mage using this magic will exhaust themselves and could still deal damage to their own body.  This damage could be as little as a sprained finger to as great as an amputated extremity.

Physical State:  Despite his rather slim appearance, Will is decently strong, fast, and flexible.  He could be compared, in those regards, to a moderately trained martial artist.  Additionally, due to the strain placed upon him by the use of his magical abilities, his body is incredibly resilient.  He is capable of withstanding far more punishment than one would think just by looking at him.

Combat Style:  When fighting, Will tries to defeat his foe with as little exertion as possible.  Because of this, he is best described as a technique fighter.  He studies his opponent carefully, and then attempts to destroy his balance to bring about victory.

[/spoiler]

Other Info:

Will Blackmoore is Ambidextrous.

It should be noted that he is also an adventurous eater.

[spoiler=Here's to me not screwing EVERYTHING up]

What an interesting place! These foods! These people! This culture! Man, am I excited to be here!

[hr]

Personal Information

[hr]

Name: Rangi Aroon (Sky of the dawn)

Date of Birth: 3/19

School Year: First Year

[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance]UgAn3hQ.png

Normally, I'd try and describe it, but then this happened and I yes.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Personality]If "happy go lucky" had a personification, he would be it. Never a downer, Rangi seems to be beaming with joy at every step. However, coming from an island with a mish mash of Polynesian cultures, he tends to stick to himself, as he is still examining the local traditions and customs, not wanting to offend anyone. While slow to anger, he holds grudges far longer than he should, despite himself. He also has a childlike curiosity to everything new around him, often distracting him from the more important tasks at hand.

Due to him following Maori Christianity, it's pretty easy to tell what kind of morals he tends to follow. He tries he hardest to be nice to everyone he encounters, he values life and his faith more than anything, and is earnest in everything he does.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Abilities]With a terrific faith in both Maori and Christianity combined, his magic focuses on bringing things together and tearing them apart, the former representing the combination of the two religions, and the latter representing the story of Rangi and Papa. These abilities are known as Coalesce and Rend.

By tapping into the life force believed to be in everything (channeled through a large Christian Cross tattooed on his back), he can warp almost anything to him if he holds a piece of said object. For example, if he was in possession of a piece of the cover of his notebook, he can warp the notebook and anything firmly connected to it straight to him. As a result, whenever he gets something new, he always uses Rend to break off a small piece of the object, which he places in a small pouch he always has on his person. Both the size and distance of the object put various amounts of strain on him.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, he has the ability to rip any object that he touches apart (often violently), with the scale depending on how much mana he channels towards it. It can be some as simple as breaking a small piece off for Coalesce or something as harsh as tearing an M1 Abrams in half (which would take a massive amount of mana). While the ability actually doesn't put much strain on most of his body, putting too much effort into it without training can cause his legs to literally implode on themselves.

The latter ability can give the illusion of super strength, as when using it, he can easily rip a slab of concrete out of the ground or violently launch pieces of concrete from a lamppost or corner of a wall with the touch of his hand.

An important note is that his cross will shine brighter depending on how much mana he is using, and his abilities are activated and deactivated through karakia. He also trained himself to usually have a very limited control of his abilities, even without the karakia, thus letting him gather object pieces as needed and, if in a lazy mood, warp small things from his room.

As for non-magical abilities, he is highly agile, due to him running and leaping around his home island just for the fun of it. His light frame lets him do so easily. On top of that, he has limited CQC experience due to his siblings being quite rowdy and the Elders' few training sessions.

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Other Info]He is always willing to sample local foods, and seems to have an endless stomach.

The Elders of his village theorize that, with enough training, he might be able to rip apart skyscrapers or warp small countries. However, not only would it take an inhuman amount of time and training, but it would also require Rangi to put the effort into it. He never was one to seek great power, so the Elders quickly pushed the thought out of their minds.

He is a very heavy sleeper.

His theme is Carrot & Stick

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[/spoiler]

...But seriously. I haven't seen any of the "A Certain" series', so I have a limited grasp on everything. Did I do anything wrong? Contradictions? Confusing statements? Failure in knowledge? Anything?

Note: I occasionally come back and edit small/medium things on my own, just because I feel like I left something out or it needs improvement. Just a heads up.

[spoiler=My application, Cheria Autriche (Magic)]

hylk.jpg

“Are you kidding me? I never had problems with life! I'm hot, I'm rich and I never worry about a thing!”

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Cheria "Quartenelia" Autriche
Date of Birth: September 16
School Year: 1st year
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]ure0.jpg

Cheria is a healthy looking girl of 5'3. Her pink hair is always on a Twin-Tail hairstyle. Her body type shows her body curves effectively (except her chest but it's not that flat either). Her eyes are chestnut-brown in color and she likes to look as young as possible. She also possess smooth, peerless skin which, she believes, is her greatest asset, which she takes care of the most. Outside of school, she wears her favorite ruffled tops along with a matching mini-skirt and ribboned boots.

[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Personality]Cheria has everything. Looks, intellect, money and more money,however, she's also very selfish. She commonly uses people to have them do her bidding, she says what she wants, does what she wants, when she wants to. She pretends to be nice and innocent when in front of men and likes to flirt with men to have them do whatever she wants them to do. She particularly doesn't have much friends because she doesn't she take the intiative to make friends (and also because she brushes them off with her Blunt personality).She also dislikes stress or anything that she believes that will give her stress as this makes her feel old. Despite this facade, however, she's actually a lonely person that has a very soft side and is very willing to do everything for her friends.[/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler=Abilities]Her abilities focus on the use of "Fortune Energy" (converted from her own mana), the energy of good luck and/or bad luck, as Fortune Energy Manipulator, Cheria possesses high amounts of Fortune Energy making her extremely lucky in terms of (Livelihood, money, health (this includes her protection against enemies) She can also sense the amount of Fortune Energy a person has (though not extremely accurate). Her powers are very passive compared to most magic-users and can only be of use in battle when she makes use of fortune charms. 

Note: Without a charm, her fortune energy can only protect her from enemies whose Fortune Energy is weaker than her but even though her energy is extremely high enough, it can't protect her 100% of the time. There are several charms that a Fortune Energy Manipulator can use however, I will only state the ones she has in possession:

• Beckoning Cat Charm: This charm manifests the Fortune Energy around the user. Making her luck manifests in objects around her even more in order to protect her from harm or may hurt her foe by making them extremely unlucky. Her charm depletes her energy for as long as she keeps it on. The brighter the light the charm emits, the stronger the energy she is manipulating.The charm also has the ability to increase the user's physical strength.
  • Keystone: A charm that manipulates her Fortune Energy, allowing it to take form. Making it turn into a small blast, forcefields, etc.

[/spoiler][hr] [spoiler=Other Info]Because of her insane luck, she never has experienced trouble with her own needs (Money, food, sickness, etc)

Due to her monetary status, she doesn't worry about buying too much stuff for herself (or for others if they're of close bond with her)

She dislikes acts of peversions but is a pevert herself

She is extremely bad at cooking, which is why she only buys her food.

Due to her relatively small height and looks, people often to make a mistake on her age.

She lives alone at a condominium near her school. Her parents,who work abroad, send money for her needs.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Please do tell me if I need to change something,  I'll do it right away!

Edit: Changed her school year to make her more suitable. Added another charm (sorry for this) 

So, I'm kinda interested in joining this, and I have some kind of WIP, but I have a question. Is it okay if my character's Esper ability is "The ability to look at and re-write a person's history"?

That's really game-breaking and even when limited like that... it's kinda like Time Travel. I suppose you could change everyone's memories with it, but not actually change the past.

I don't have time to look at apps right now, today, cuz I'll be out all day.

For those of you who know the canon, Stiyl is a teacher, yes or no? :3

Ow my head....  This took longer than expected.

[spoiler="Yamashita Yumi - Battery"]
jzxl00.jpg
“I guess that does it?  Glad to be of use.”

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Yamashita Yumi aka 'Battery'
Date of Birth: Nov. 29
School Year: 2nd Year
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]inr8xz.jpg
Yumi is a decent height, at about 5'7", and has a slender, somewhat athletic body.  Appears very healthy.  Often seen with a serious expression, though can be quite expressive in the correct situation.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]"Glad to be of use."  Those words can be considered Yumi's catchphrase.  The girl enjoys being helpful to others, probably due to the nature of her esper ability.  Her nickname even comes from the fact that she often uses her ability to... power other people's devices.  As such, Yumi often worries that people are around her only for her power, which in turn made her somewhat pessimistic, and while she tries to hide it she slips up often.

She doesn't hate her esper ability, though.  She still likes being useful, and occasionally she gets to play with cool stuff only usable due to her ability.  Recently has taken to studying science hard in order to understand her own ability better to make 'cool' stuff herself, contrasting to her normally slacker ways when it comes to most schoolwork.  Doesn't really like participating in competitions, due to her either outmatching others, or being outmatched herself, depending on whether or not powers can actively be used or not.

Generally, Yumi likes 'new' things, and the newer the better.  Not that she doesn't respect older things... she merely is easily wowed.  She even transferred to this school in order to be a part of the historical mixing of esper and magical students.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Abilities]Yumi's esper ability "Peak Performance" does exactly what it says.  Anything affected by this ability will run at peak performance.  It will act like it has full power (even if it isn't connected to an energy source).  It will not break down from use, or suffer from glitches, and cannot be damaged by turning against itself (i.e. overheating or overloading, for machines).  Once the ability stops affecting the target it returns to normal, so it consumes power and can break down.  Peak Performance does not protect against external damage, though the unit will still run as well as it can i.e. breaking a laptop screen will not stop the rest of the laptop from running at 100%.

Peak Performance can affect living and non-living things.  When it comes to humans in particular, the target feels instantly refreshed and alert, and their bodies feel lighter as any and all fatigue vanishes.  The immune system is boosted as well, and things like cancerous growths will not occur.  But as with the non-living, Peak Performance does not make one immortal, as it cannot prevent external damage.

Yumi applies Peak Performance by skin contact, usually with her hands.  She can willingly apply or not apply the ability to targets of her choosing, and the effect lasts as long as she's touching the target.  A quirk of this is that Yumi can apply the ability to herself whenever she wants.  When she does, she does not need to eat.  Theoretically, she doesn't need to drink nor sleep either, though dehydration is still a real threat and Yumi becomes mentally unstable if she doesn't sleep for too long.  She has the ability active on herself often, and turns it off if she wants to process food normally.  Interestingly, her ability does not seem to halt her aging, though only time will tell if she is merely growing to her peak or if she will eventually succumb to age.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Gear]
In order to study and take advantage of her ability, Yumi has access to a collection of devices for her use.  Designed for Yumi, they will generally only work for her, as they lack power supplies, and even if provided power, they'd probably break down quickly.  They attach to various locations of her body, and if two use the same slot, only one can be worn at a time due to the contact rule of her ability.  Usually only uses small or inconspicuous gear, bringing out the large ones for special situations.  Generally, she uses the Universal Adapter and Spark Glove, with On-Head Display, Light Bracelet, and AC visor seeing use occasionally.  The Gyroboots are her preferred method of travel.

Universal Adapter - back
Universal Adapter is a small device attached to Yumi's back.  It's thin enough that it can usually be worm inconspiculously under clothing.  Eight wires can extend from it, each with a power outlet on it to power devices with clean power.  Two wires just end with contacts, which allows Yumi to spread her ability through the contact as opposed through touch.  The first device made to exploit Yumi's ability, with the expectation that she would wear it as often as she could.

Antigrav Gyroboots - feet
Shiny, silvery-metallic boots.  Allows rapid movement by letting Yumi hover above the ground, and helps keep her upright.  Can slow falls to an extent.  Requested by Yumi, who wanted something 'cool'.

On-head Display - head and left arm
Consists of a device worn on the head not unlike the famed 'scouters' from the Dragonball Z series and a wrist-mounted device sporting a small keyboard.  Essentially a powerful computer, created to see how much computer design logic can be ignored due to Peak Performance.

Light Bracelet - either arm/either hand
A white, beaded bracelet.  Generates light.  Can act as a flashlight if Yumi holds it in her hands.  An attempt to make a small, useful device that could be mistaken as something else.

AC visor - head
A visor that doubles as an air conditioning/heating unit.  Automatically keeps the area around Yumi at a comfortable temperature.  Made because... it was getting warm during those long summer days.

Combat Armor - all except head
Bodysuit made of flexible material.  The first attempt to weaponize Yumi's ability.  Increases her reflexes and emits a field that helps absorb blows.

Spark Glove - right hand
The second attempt to weaponize Yumi's ability.  An otherwise normal glove that outputs enough electricity to knock a man out - A taser concealed in plain sight.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other Info]I fully expect Yumi to get kidnapped for her powers at some point in the RP.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Expect the magician... at somepoint. Still banging out some nuances about his magics.

[spoiler=App]

"Take it from someone who knows, collecting experiences and living are vastly different things."

Personal Information
Name: Rin "Wraith" Satou

Date of Birth: 8th June
School Year: 1st year High School

[spoiler=Appearance]

[spoiler= ]dnEgtyG.jpg?1[/spoiler]

Rin stands at 5'3" (160 cm) and usually wears similar clothing to the photo when not in school uniform. Her shoes, even the school ones usually have at least an inch of heel with them, due to her being quite sensitive of how short she is compared to everyone else, though even with the heels it doesn't help much. Her hair was completely black originally, but has been dyed with a couple of white streaks right near the front, as a method of establishing that she does have control over some of her life. When she uses her ability, she appears unchanged, aside from a sort of misty, ghostlike quality to her appearance, as if things could move straight through her.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]
In her early days, Rin viewed life around her as if she was an observer, unaffected by any of it. This emotional detachment to events around her is what lead to the development of her personal reality and subsequent appearance of her power. Due to this early emotional detachment she had, she never really connected well with the other students around her, instead preferring to simply watch and listen to what was going on. Now, while she has managed to develop a couple of those emotional connections she didn't have in her early days, she still tends to remain largely unaffected by what was happening around her, seeing things as an observer and thinking through things to make the logical decision rather than the rash one. When she has to make these choices, she will usually try to figure out what would be better for her in the long term, though the closer the decisions come to affecting her personally, the harder she finds it to judge the situation logically and without letting her emotions into it. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
Rin's ability, known as Phasing, is the capability to vibrate the atoms of an item, typically the users own body, to such a level as they become intangible and can essentially move right through objects as if they aren't there while they keep the state up. Any objects to be phased by the user have to be currently touched by that user or another object that the user is phasing with them when they activate the ability. While in this ghostlike state, the users lose touch on all forces affecting them aside from movements occurring from the moment just before they phased, and can instead will their phased state to move where they like, albeit slowly. Rin has the ability to Phase her body, as well as some light-density items she decides to take with her, and vibrate them to the level at which she can move through solid objects, most commonly walls or the occasional weapon or attack, and can control her movements in this state decently well. Due to the nature of this ability, Rin is currently classed as a level 3 Esper, but once she learns to control her abilities easier and increase the density of the items she phases with her, she will probably move to level 4 soon. Rin does not have the ability to phase other people with her, though she can phase any items on them along with her. Using her phasing is also rather draining, particularly as time passes, and Rin can't keep it going for any longer than about a couple of minutes at a time currently.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other Info]
The only weapon Rin carries is a small, handheld pistol that has a holster on her waist and can store up to 10 shots in a clip. Interestingly, guns with all their smaller components and extra space internally are easier for her to phase than solid weapons like swords, due to her ability working with the belief that the gun phases as a whole with several air gaps internally, rather than phasing each individual part or the gun.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Cyber Mage, huh?

Just supernatural stalking? Life force stalking? After all, mana is converted life force or something.

encapturer please specify a time limit on your power.

So... when should we get this party on the road, when can you guys who still want to submit apps be able to submit them by?

Yo Axi, I'm wondering, but would a Level 4 Esper who can manipulate entropy and syntropy be allowed?

The roughs of the idea I'm thinking of is he can rapidly make things age or go through the process of entropy, which basically leads to destruction if it occurs long enough. Perhaps manage to, in essence, disintegrate a building if she has enough power/time/ On the other hand, he can force things to go through syntropy, and do things such as healing, or repairing damaged things, such as perhaps parts of a damaged building?

Yo Axi, I'm wondering, but would a Level 4 Esper who can manipulate entropy and syntropy be allowed?

The roughs of the idea I'm thinking of is he can rapidly make things age or go through the process of entropy, which basically leads to destruction if it occurs long enough. Perhaps manage to, in essence, disintegrate a building if she has enough power/time/ On the other hand, he can force things to go through syntropy, and do things such as healing, or repairing damaged things, such as perhaps parts of a damaged building?

Yeah, that will be allowed.

However, starting this coming up Sunday, I think there will be a chance I will be unable to access a computer for 3 weeks. I might be able to, but not very likely. Sincere apologies.

Hm, I'll fit you in later as a transfer student when you come back. Or you can be sick during that period.

Hmmm...
Is it OK for my magician character to acquire more technology later in the story, even though she is on the Magic Side? I did state that she gets funded by her cult...

Canonically, AIM Stalker can mimic abilities at a higher level, by memorising and re-creating one's AIM field from another's. Is weakened ability mimicry allowed? Of course, I intend for that later.

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing, this Necromancy of yours that you briefly mentioned... elaborate?

Well, she doesn't use Necromancy at all. Instead, others can use necromancy to revive the corpses of her sacrifices. We have a Necromancer I think, so perhaps I may claim the lives of a few players.

Now that I read through it, it does give an impression that my character uses Necromancy.

Archived